[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Kodocha S2 a direct continuation of the first season, or is there a decent ending in the first box set?

I'm kind of toying with the idea of getting Kodocha S1, Fruits Basket, and DNAngel. I'd rather get a variety, but I'd hate the get through Kodocha and have some cliffhanger.

[quote name='Rocko']Is Kodocha S2 a direct continuation of the first season, or is there a decent ending in the first box set?

I'm kind of toying with the idea of getting Kodocha S1, Fruits Basket, and DNAngel. I'd rather get a variety, but I'd hate the get through Kodocha and have some cliffhanger.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any cliffhangers at the end of episode 24, so you should be safe. But man, DNAngel is just *so average*! If you really want something different, go with Princess Tutu. You'll be glad you did.

There is no real "ending" to kodocha, because the show is 100 or so episodes (it may be 90 odd but can't remember) and I don't even think the anime covers the entire manga. And DNAngel is "average" but it doesn't make it any less of a good show with a really good opening song. (the guy who performs it was 17 when he wrote, composed, and performed the song, and played his piano acccompaniment for it. But yeah, Princess Tutu is better. I should put in one more order to get Princess Tutu and something else. (what I'm not sure, I already have most of the stuff that I want from the 12 days.)

Ah. I see on Wikipedia that the box sets on TRSI seem to really be the first and second halves of season 1.

In that case I think I might grab Fruits Basket and the two Kodocha sets. Nothing else jumps out at me other than Azumanga Daioh but it's still a little expensive. Thanks for the help.

That's about the cheapest you'll find Azumanga Daioh for, sadly. I bought the series individually, and don't regret it.

[quote name='Gden']That's about the cheapest you'll find Azumanga Daioh for, sadly. I bought the series individually, and don't regret it.[/quote]

Wasn't it $20-ish somewhere online before?

It *is* only $5 per disc, but with the other sets being cheaper for a comparable amount of content I really can't pull the trigger on it.

[quote name='Rocko']It *is* only $5 per disc, but with the other sets being cheaper for a comparable amount of content I really can't pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

Normally this is where I'd say something about "quality over quantity," but Fruits Basket and Kodocha are both fantastic shows, so that doesn't apply here. Instead, I'll just say that Azumanga and Princess Tutu are both in my top three, whereas Kodocha is in my top ten, and Fruits Basket is probably in my top 15 or 20.

But if you're on a tighter budget, you can't go wrong with Fruits Basket and Kodocha.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Normally this is where I'd say something about "quality over quantity," but Fruits Basket and Kodocha are both fantastic shows, so that doesn't apply here. Instead, I'll just say that Azumanga and Princess Tutu are both in my top three, whereas Kodocha is in my top ten, and Fruits Basket is probably in my top 15 or 20.

But if you're on a tighter budget, you can't go wrong with Fruits Basket and Kodocha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, with the amount I spent on the Bargain Bin sale, even the $65 I've got in my cart for Fruits Basket and the two Kodochas are pushing it. Considering that, since all of the shows seem to be quality, I'd like to get the most content for my dollar- I'd definitely get Azumanga and Princess Tutu as well if I had the cash. As it is, though, Fruits Basket and Kodocha would seem to nab me the most content for my dollar.

For the record, I'd give away all four of those deals for a $30 R.O.D. set. :lol:

Of all of the sale items, I think I might just get Fruits Basket by itself. There are a bunch of maybes that I'd want of various levels of quality, but nothing really stands out as a must get for the price. I think I'd appreciate the $21 more.

After much debate over the last couple days about what to buy with Moonphase- the Street Fighter Movie+ Battle Angel+ filler item, or the Orphen statue in the bargain bin... I opted for 'screw it' and bought all 4. Yay for extra big Christmas checks!

If the sale does extend, I may be ordering the Third just after Christmas, depending on how the holiday goes.

[quote name='refusedchaos']im trying to order but all my stuff in my cart keeps disapearing...>_>[/quote]

If you are using multiple tabs/windows they will fall out.

now I'm getting nervous. I placed an order on saturday mid day and it's still not showing up under my account. I hope to god it actually went through :(. I don't want to call in tomorrow morning and find out I'm SOL on that massive order

[quote name='slowdive21']If you are using multiple tabs/windows they will fall out.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

hmm im having my doubts about these:
Shuffle DVD Value Bundle (wanna get it but pricey...)
Slayers DVD Value Bundle - should i just wait on this? does it have that bootleg packaging like Peach Girl?
Witch Hunter Robin DVD Complete Collection
Witchblade DVD Value Bundle - should i bite?
Fantastic Children DVD Complete Collection - why is this good? (according to Kirin Lemon)
Cromartie High School DVD Complete Collection - worth the price?

Well I ended up ordering Basilisk at the last minute knowing nothing about it. Is it pretty good?

Also, I order from Rightstuf all the time, but never anything that was "On Order From Manufacturer" before. How long do they generally take to re-stock?

[quote name='wormraper']now I'm getting nervous. I placed an order on saturday mid day and it's still not showing up under my account. I hope to god it actually went through :(. I don't want to call in tomorrow morning and find out I'm SOL on that massive order[/quote]

It should show until Tuesday. I don't think they update order info until the weekdays.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It should show until Tuesday. I don't think they update order info until the weekdays.[/quote]

yeah, if just finally showed up a little bit ago. now I feel better. Can't miss out on my Gao Gai Gar!! :D

Does anyone know what the differences are between getting the Street Fighter II TV DVD Value Bundle and Street Fighter II V: The Collection? Is the content different or the packaging better getting the box set versus the Right Stuf Bundle or vice versa? I ask this because Amazon has the collection for only $2.50 more than the Right Stuf four volume bundle. Right Stuf also has the collection but for almost full price.

[quote name='BrandonLee']
Also, I order from Rightstuf all the time, but never anything that was "On Order From Manufacturer" before. How long do they generally take to re-stock?[/QUOTE]

It varies, depending on how many other people ordered it before you and how many they get in a shipment and such.

I've gotten anywhere from a few days to 3-4 months, if I remember right.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It varies, depending on how many other people ordered it before you and how many they get in a shipment and such.

I've gotten anywhere from a few days to 3-4 months, if I remember right.[/quote]

damn, I hope my Gao Gai Gar comes back in stock soon then. I'm itching to see some cheesy mecha action baby!!! :D

[quote name='Collectordragon']Does anyone know what the differences are between getting the Street Fighter II TV DVD Value Bundle and Street Fighter II V: The Collection? Is the content different or the packaging better getting the box set versus the Right Stuf Bundle or vice versa? I ask this because Amazon has the collection for only $2.50 more than the Right Stuf four volume bundle. Right Stuf also has the collection but for almost full price.[/quote]

I'll take a pic of the box set I purchased from Circuit City a few years ago when I get off work.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Does anyone know what the differences are between getting the Street Fighter II TV DVD Value Bundle and Street Fighter II V: The Collection? Is the content different or the packaging better getting the box set versus the Right Stuf Bundle or vice versa? I ask this because Amazon has the collection for only $2.50 more than the Right Stuf four volume bundle. Right Stuf also has the collection but for almost full price.[/quote]

Here's a slew of photographs (Street Fighter TV Boxset). I got this from a previous Manga Sale at $17.99. I ordered a bunch of titles from last year's Christmas sale, but I'm safe this Christmas. Decided not to order anything.

However, I might just order the Street Fighter TV individual volume bundle set; I don't really like the construct of my existing Street Fighter Boxset. I think the singles would look better. With respect to content, I don't know whether there is any difference. The boxset has all 29 episodes; the bundle set also has all 29 episodes.

DVDStreetFighterTVUncuta.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncutb.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncute.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncutv.jpg

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Here's a slew of photographs (Street Fighter TV Boxset). I got this from a previous Manga Sale at $17.99. I ordered a bunch of titles from last year's Christmas sale, but I'm safe this Christmas. Decided not to order anything.

However, I might just order the Street Fighter TV individual volume bundle set; I don't really like the construct of my existing Street Fighter Boxset. I think the singles would look better. With respect to content, I don't know whether there is any difference. The boxset has all 29 episodes; the bundle set also has all 29 episodes.

[/quote]

Is the show any good? I didnt like the alpha movies but I've never seen the show.

Nevermind, I can watch it on Netflix for free.

[quote name='thelonepig']Well, extended through 12/23 as we figured. The questions is will he be adding more?[/quote]

dear God I hope not!!

[quote name='thelonepig']Well, extended through 12/23 as we figured. The questions is will he be adding more?[/QUOTE]

i hope they extend it to after christmas...i wanna get the Gantz and Shuffle set

Every year, I look forward to this sale. Ordered:

1 $24.99 * Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb)
1 $24.99 * Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb)
1 $19.99 * Final Fantasy Unlimited DVD Collection
1 $19.99 * Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
1 $19.99 * Diamond Daydreams Complete Collection
1 $24.99 * DNAngel DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
1 $24.99 * Holiday Hentai Ho Ho Ho DVD Bundle (S)
1 $19.99 * Joe vs. Joe OVA Bundle
1 $14.99 * Pretear DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak
1 $12.99 * Princess Princess DVD Collection (S)
1 $17.99 * Samurai Gun DVD Collection (Hyb)

My girlfriend wasn't too happy that I bought the Ho Ho Ho Holiday Hentai Bundle, but hentai goes on sale so infrequently that I never get to check it out :p

I wasn't sure if they would extend it or not , so I didn't take the chance and placed my order last night.

Got Princess Tutu , both Kodocha , and Fruits Basket. That seemed to be the best of the best from the sale. If there was anything else worth getting that I missed though , at least I have another day and a half to place another order.;)

1 $14.99 * daqbx2 Aquarian Age DVD Complete Collection
1 $24.99 * fun04571 Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb)
1 $24.99 * fun04572 Aquarion Season 1 DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb)
1 $24.99 * ddnabx2 DNAngel DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
1 $7.49 mm1591821355 GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka Graphic No
1 $2.00 * sshx4000 Hercules and Xena CDRom Screensaver (Don't ask)
1 $19.99 * fun08569 Kodocha DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb)
1 $19.99 * fun08571 Kodocha DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * dcde001 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $7.00 * dcdebx1 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 2 (Hyb): Agent
1 $5.00 * dcde003 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 3 (Hyb): Danse
1 $5.00 * dcde004 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 4 (Hyb): Ancie
1 $5.00 * dcde005 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 5 (Hyb): Volte
1 $5.00 * dcde006 Le Chevalier D'Eon DVD 6 (Hyb): Bete
1 $12.99 * awdvd0753 Princess Princess DVD Collection (S)
1 $29.99 * av21022 Scryed (S-cry-ed) DVD Complete Collec
1 $19.99 * fun07315 Spiral DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Viridian C
1 $9.99 * m5069 Street Fighter Alpha DVD 2-pack (Hyb)
1 $79.99 * bundle0825 The Third: The DVD Bundle with the Bi

Oh well. Didn't wait to see if they were going to add another bundle. I'll see what they have if they add another one. Scryed was in the bargain bin so I picked that up. Same with Le Chevalier D'Eon.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I wasn't sure if they would extend it or not , so I didn't take the chance and placed my order last night.

Got Princess Tutu , both Kodocha , and Fruits Basket. That seemed to be the best of the best from the sale. If there was anything else worth getting that I missed though , at least I have another day and a half to place another order.;)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I applaud your purchases. Seriously, you *did* get the best of the best! Please help me spread the gospel of Princess Tutu after you watch it!

So if I have only scratched the surface with anime, and want to buy a few sets that likely will never make it to Blu-ray Disc from this sale, what do you guys recommend?

I ended up grabbing the two Kodochas and Fruits Basket yesterday. I'm hoping to stumble upon some hidden money or something so I can get Princess Tutu and Azumanga Daioh, but it's not looking good. ;)

Edit: Sigh. I hate sale extensions. I think I'm going to call tomorrow and have Azumanga Daioh added to my order.

[quote name='Ruined']So if I have only scratched the surface with anime, and want to buy a few sets that likely will never make it to Blu-ray Disc from this sale, what do you guys recommend?[/quote]
I have no idea what will end up on Blu-ray, but since Azumanga Diaoh's publisher isn't a very healthy company, I would recommend that awesome series in particular.

[quote name='greyweather']I have no idea what will end up on Blu-ray, but since Azumanga Diaoh's publisher isn't a very healthy company, I would recommend that awesome series in particular.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ADV isn't doing so hot...

I can guarantee that Kodocha and Princess Tutu won't be hitting Blu-Ray, either. Fruits Basket might have a shot, I guess.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Here's a slew of photographs (Street Fighter TV Boxset). I got this from a previous Manga Sale at $17.99. I ordered a bunch of titles from last year's Christmas sale, but I'm safe this Christmas. Decided not to order anything.

DVDStreetFighterTVUncuta.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncutb.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncute.jpg

DVDStreetFighterTVUncutv.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. The box set packaging looks kind of flimsy. I'm leaning towards getting the separate volumes now. It's slightly cheaper too. As for content on several websites I've read that the Alpha movie is included with the V box set. Is that true? I guess that doesn't really matter for me since I already ordered the Alpha box set. It'll be nice to finally get the entire V series on DVD though. I have a good deal of the series on VHS but never finished getting the final tapes so I never saw the entire show.

Wow, it was extremely easy to add Azumanga Daioh to my order.

Unfortunately Kodocha is on order from manufacturer so this order will probably have a bit of a wait. Ah well.

I caved and did a blind buy on Princess Tutu and Fruit Baskets for something new.

If they suck I'm hoping I can sell them for what I paid or close to it.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm personally hoping for a drop on Shuffle... it's the most expensive thing on the entire list.[/QUOTE]

no its not, The Third is $80

Placed an order of about 200 bucks worth of anime (damn something I haven't done in 11 years! Those Evangelion videos sure were expensive).

It seems that Gao Gaigar vols. 1 & 2 and Basilisk are all backordered but everything else shipped.

I just ordered The Guyver and Witchblade - the entire series. I was thinking about getting Basilisk in the near future but im not sure. If I can also find Death Note - the entire series, then that would be great as well.

Looks like the sale has been unofficially extended as the pricing is still in affect on their website.

I picked up a few titles last night:

Fruits Basket
Someday's Dreamers Vol 1 - 3
Kon plush toy
Hello Kitty DVD
Ergo Proxy CD
Viewtiful Joe DVD/CD pack

I didn't have a lot of money and wanted to get something for everyone in the family. I'll Netflix Princess Tutu and then wait for another weekly sale if I like it.

[quote name='thelonepig']Looks like the sale has been unofficially extended as the pricing is still in affect on their website.[/quote]
It should end sometime today. The end of year clearance sale is up now. DLK still have to update the new Weekly Specials, so the prices may change sometime after that. It's definitely take advantage while you can for the last minute shoppers/procrastinators (with the exception of Angelic Layer thinpak which is no longer listed).

bread's done
Back