*DEAD* $5 OFF $25 at Toys R Us In-store only!

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I didn't see this here yet, so I thought I'd post it.

Go to Toys R Us.com and you can print out a coupon that you can print (only once) for $5 off $25 at Toys R Us In-store only.
Vaild 3-11-07 to 3-17-07

I know there is the gamer gift card at BB, but I can't seem to find any lately.

Clayfu,

set your expectations low and you'll be a much happier person.

I expect store employess to not know a damn thing. And when Im proven right (often) its no big deal.

And when I do find a friendly/knowledgeable/helpful employee, Im pleasantly surprised.

LOW EXPECTATIONS: Words to live by. ;)

[quote name='Puffa469']Clayfu,

I expect store employess to not know a damn thing. And when Im proven right (often) its no big deal.

And when I do find a friendly/knowledgeable/helpful employee, Im pleasantly surprised.

LOW EXPECTATIONS: Words to live by. ;)[/quote]

lol reminds me of that lowered expectations skit on SNL

LOW EXPECTATIONS: Words to live by. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's my take on things too. And you need to treat people well regardless. They've probably had a hard day (every day is probably a hard day). They get paid poorly, and most are probably trying as well as they can (and certainly as well as should be expected for what they probably make).

LOW EXPECTATIONS: Words to live by. ;)[/quote]

haha i know, but its not about him "not knowing" its about him not doing his job and even checking is all =)

[quote name='clayfu']um no he's a prick.
there was no pause between his answers. He didn't bother checking , nothing. Just unhelpful from the get go.

when i called ebgames right after?
me: hey you guys get god of war 2 in tonight?
him: nah, but lemme check when we're getting it exactly.

BOOM EASY AS PIE.
instead of being an unhelpful ass, they have the God of War 2 PRE ORDER SLIPS IN THE VIDEO GAME SECTION. IT IS GOING TO THEIR STORE. He's just being an asshole.
Its good that you have brand loyalty but don't look at it from a blurred perspective.[/QUOTE]

the slips are not always right as to when they come in and spooge is right, no one, not even the managers know what games are coming in until it actually arrives. quit being a jerk about it, if the employee already knows the games are shipped direct, why would you want them to waste both your time and theirs by pausing if they knew the answer? only time there is a pause with me is if i am not sure so i check... we got our shipment of God of War 2 today, had know idea we would have them in today. try being kind to employee's over the phone too and usually they will be a little more helpful than to someone that is being rude to them. retail employee's get paid far too little with some of the customers we have to deal with.

[quote name='Kerig']If you delete your cookies each time before going back to TRU.com, you can print out as many copies as you wish.

"excludes video game hardware" officially means consoles, and sometimes they'll up the ante to accessories/controllers. By no means does it ever include games, which are software. If the employee won't do it, always ask to speak to a manager, most of them know the difference between hardware and software.

(gray area is always games with peripherals: DDR Mario Mix w/pad, WiiPlay w/Wiimote, Guitar Hero, etc.)[/quote]

Those coupons will always work on stuff like Wii Play & Guitar Hero...if a TRU employee says it doesn't apply, they are either misinformed or being a jerk. Videogame hardware is videogame systems only.

When I worked in the "R Zone" at TRU over the Christmas season, I tried to stay on top of what we had in stock (Wii's on Sunday mornings) and what was on sale. Getting daily (overnight and early morning) shipments meant everyday something was possibly stocked that hadn't been before.

I took every coupon presented to me, even had an OBVIOUS printout from here. The guy admitted it too, and I still accepted it because I'm not going to slight another CAGer if the coupon scans. If the management had said something to me about it I would have just played dumb. I even used some coupons (the 12 day ones) so I knew what was out there to be used. I also posted here about some deals too (clearance stuff).

Whenever I recieved a call from a customer asking for a game or to hold one (for a short time) I never hassled them. I gave them the info, if I knew the info, and held games for people. and I ALWAYS checked in the back for games, because the inventory system is odd and their not always allowed to place every copy of a game on the shelf even if their is plenty of room and could all be sold. I even helped search for games, because sometimes your mom doesn't know anything about what you want.

We had one employee that was your typical know it all. He was rude to people on the phone, never told anyone about sales and never checked the back room unless asked. I happened to start work there on the same day as the "FF 12 / FF 6 half off with the free DS case coupons" were valid. He never bothered to check if they had any cases to give away. The next day I found 30 on a shelf in the back room, still in the shrinkwrap. So I was eventually able to get mine, how many others did he slight?

I was let go because of the season ending and was told to re-apply after February. Basically promised a position at either of our 2 local stores. Unfortunatley the way their schedules work they sometimes can't keep good people employed.

I enjoyed working there and will hopefully go back to work there soon.

Jazz, you're one cool Transformer dude, if every TRU employee like you, man, i'll spend money at TRU like crazy. Hell, i even giveyou guys/gals bonuses :)

Boy am I late on this one! I just visited the website and couldn't find a link to that coupon. Is the coupon still available through the site? If not I guess I'll just print out the image that someone linked earlier. I need to create an army or Transformers Classics Bumblebees!

bread's done
Back