DEAD: CC 7/10 ad... PC titles for $9.99 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying PJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update 7-17: It looks like this clearance is over.

[quote name='secretvampire']I'm a bit surprised that this is over, but it was good while it lasted. Kudos to CC for both of their recent $10 sales.[/QUOTE]

9.99 PC titles from CC :

CONFIRMED
Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors - 8.99
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Bad Mojo Redux
Battlefield: Vietnam (regular version, not the Redux version)
Beyond Good and Evil
Bloodrayne - 5.99
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - $7.99
C&C Generals
C&C Generals : Zero Hour
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut (CD version)
Civilization 3: Conquer the World
Command & Conquer 2: Red Alert - $1.38
Commandos 3 : Destination Berlin
Diablo 2
Diablo 2 Expansion: Lord of Destruction
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Dungeon Siege: Legends Of Aranna
Empires : Dawn of the Modern World - $5.99
Evil Genius
Far Cry
Freedom Fighters - $0.99
Freedom Force - $6.99
Freedom Force vs. Third Reich
Freelancer - $7.99
Full Spectrum Warrior
Ghost Master - 2.87
Ground Control II
Halo
Homeworld 2 - $5.99
LotR : War of the Ring
Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Knights of the Old Republic
Morrowind - $4.99
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99
Need for Speed : Underground
Neverwinter Nights - Shadows of Undrentide
Painkiller (regular version, not the gold version)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword Expansion Pack - $1.99
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations : Thrones and Patriots (Rise of Nations Gold might be $20 if you can't find RoN and the expansion pack)
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
Spongebob the Movie
Star Wars: Battlefront
Thief : Deadly Shadows
Throne of Darkness - 0.84
Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness : 5.99
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition
Tribes: Vengence
Tron 2.0
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

[quote name='Mac-Abre']
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99
[/QUOTE]

Shit damn. Buy this now if you have ANY interest in immersive fantasy role-playing. Some may argue that the world is simply too vast, but this game dominated my being for over 2 weeks while at school. One of my all-time favorites, especially with the expansions and bug fixes of the GOTY edition.

Ok, I'm back.

Here's what I confirmed at 9.99 -

Freedom Force Vs The Third Reich
Evil Genius
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth (cd version only)
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (cd version only, from what I saw)

I had them scan a few titles for me, these ARE NOT 9.99 and are full price:

Star Wars: Republic Commando
Rome: Total War

CC was low on PC games... dosen't surprise me, really. Nothing else for me to scan. They had a seperate clearance section for the PC stuff, still near the PC games... must have had at least 25 copies of Battle for Middle Earth.

[quote name='Tromack']Oh, those democrats and their viscosity. That's why I use them to lubricate my engine.[/QUOTE]

Good catch!! Like I said the wine was flowing freely. And now that I actually try and spell it correctly I'm still having problems. Damn, where's Sid when you need him.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ok, I'm back.

Evil Genius

I had them scan a few titles for me, these ARE NOT 9.99 and are full price:

Star Wars: Republic Commando
Rome: Total War

CC was low on PC games... dosen't surprise me, really. Nothing else for me to scan. They had a seperate clearance section for the PC stuff, still near the PC games... must have had at least 25 copies of Battle for Middle Earth.[/QUOTE]

Add this one to the mix:

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War

Nice to know about LOTR:BfME, I might have to find that one at CC, since I snared DoW & Evil Genius. No sign of FF:vTTR at the one I went to and the other ones I called this morning.

[quote name='shrike4242']Add this one to the mix:

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War

Nice to know about LOTR:BfME, I might have to find that one at CC, since I snared DoW & Evil Genius. No sign of FF:vTTR at the one I went to and the other ones I called this morning.[/QUOTE]

Shrike, did you see any more of the long box Morrowind GOTY editions?

Circuit City is being a real bitch with me over the phone, telling me that "no stores in the area have it", when the one store does have it, but it's the regular small box version.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Shrike picked up the full morrowind GOY for me over the weekend. Rang up $7.99 for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

The box was beat to hell, and it was at a CC like 30 minutes from home, though it was tucked into a dump bin with a bunch of other PC games. That price is from a while back, as well.

Plus, Freedom Force (the first one) seems to be $6.99 according to CC.com, though with no way to buy it from the website.

[quote name='Roufuss']Shrike, did you see any more of the long box Morrowind GOTY editions?

Circuit City is being a real bitch with me over the phone, telling me that "no stores in the area have it", when the one has does have it, but it's the regular small box version.[/QUOTE]

That was the only one I've ever seen at CC in a very long time, before it went to $7.99. And it was a very out-of-the-way CC, which explains why I found it.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Nice to know about LOTR:BfME, I might have to find that one at CC, since I snared DoW & Evil Genius. No sign of FF:vTTR at the one I went to and the other ones I called this morning.[/QUOTE]

Did you search the whole store? I found the last copy of FF in a clearance section to the right of all the PC Games, about 3 aisles over, where I also found all the BfME.

Other copies I'm curious about but didn't try -

KOTOR 2 (why is this shit still 50)
Pirates

Plus, if Morrowind GOTY edition is 7.99, I wonder how much regular Morrowind is? My CC has this real old copy from way back in the day.

[quote name='Roufuss']Did you search the whole store? I found the last copy of FF in a clearance section to the right of all the PC Games, about 3 aisles over, where I also found all the BfME.

Other copies I'm curious about but didn't try -

KOTOR 2 (why is this shit still 50)
Pirates[/QUOTE]

I searched all of the PC software section, though as I was pressed for time, I didn't see it. When they checked the computer, there was no sign of FF, either one. I didn't have them check BfME, due to time.

[quote name='shrike4242']I searched all of the PC software section, though as I was pressed for time, I didn't see it. When they checked the computer, there was no sign of FF, either one. I didn't have them check BfME, due to time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this was way to the right of the PC Software, not even in the same section anymore. There were some remote control cars there, and some controllers and such.

I wouldn't trust computer checks, either, done by the employees. One employee told me that "they don't have Morrowind and haven't stocked it for awhile" but when I showed him the copy, he was pretty dumbfounded.

CC has a shitty PC games selection... I was really hoping for shit like Rome: Total War to be 9.99, and maybe some of those star wars games that looks like they haven't sold.

[quote name='ne2eire']I'm guessing Knights of Old Republic 2 will not be a part of this sale? I can dream :D[/QUOTE]

Didn't get a chance to scan it... but Republic Commando came up 49.99 still, so I'm guessing no on KOTOR 2.

Thanks, LOTR:BfME is hot at 10 bucks, will have to check to see if my local CC has that later on today.

[quote name='JDMxB']Thanks, LOTR:BfME is hot at 10 bucks, will have to check to see if my local CC has that later on today.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Dawn of War... easily the best RTS I've played in years, and worth $10 dollars for sure.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Yes, Shrike's stock in trade is amazing deals. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, I am the man with the plan. :D

Though, I do need to find BfME, FF, and FF:vT3R .

If someone can explain to my how CC.com can allow me to put Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich into my cart, when they have no stocking on it, nor any store in my area is shown as having stock on it, I'd love to know. :twisted:

WTF is with that? If you don't have it, either online or at any local store, don't allow me to start an order with it. :roll:

If anyone can score me Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, as well as LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth, I'd really appreciate it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ok, I'm back.

Evil Genius

[/QUOTE]

Medal of Honor is the newest one that came out right. I was at circuit city and saw the dvd version with a $30 price tag on it, with the cd version have a $40 one. Looks like im gonna have to go back.

[quote name='gugaplex']Medal of Honor is the newest one that came out right. I was at circuit city and saw the dvd version with a $30 price tag on it, with the cd version have a $40 one. Looks like im gonna have to go back.[/QUOTE]

check Target before you go to CC if you are looking for the DVD version. I got mine for 7.50 a few weeks back

I just came back from CC and bought Evil Genius?, SC: PT, and Ground Control II.

I might go in a few hours to another CC to get Morrowind and Dawn of War.

Thanks for the info, guys!

If anyone can find an extra long box Morrowind GOTY edition for 7.99 (game with 2 expansions), I'm more than willing to buy it off of you - shipping shouldn't be a problem since I just needs the cd's and the manuals.

Thanks a ton.

[quote name='gugaplex']Medal of Honor is the newest one that came out right. I was at circuit city and saw the dvd version with a $30 price tag on it, with the cd version have a $40 one. Looks like im gonna have to go back.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the DVD version is included... I only saw about 15 copies of the CD version in this tiny clearance area, while the DVD version was with the regular games marked 54.99 (lol).

[quote name='rawool']I just came back from CC and bought Evil Genius?, SC: PT, and Ground Control II.

I might go in a few hours to another CC to get Morrowind and Dawn of War.

Thanks for the info, guys![/QUOTE]

Roufuss would be really happy if you could score Morrowind for him. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Roufuss would be really happy if you could score Morrowind for him. ;)[/QUOTE]

If you don't find Freedom Force vs The Third Reich, let me know... I might go back and recheck CC soon. It seemed like some games were still going out, so they might have had more stuff in the back.

When I asked the employee about any sort of list, he just stared at me blankly and said he wasn't sure, and that it was the people for Saturday night who were in charge of it. When I told him I found games for 9.99 that WEREN'T over there, I think his whole world just collapsed in on him.

So CC is clueless - no surprise there.

I called two CCs in Houston, Tx and neither of them had a clue what I was talking about. One of them gave me attitude like I was prank calling them. I've really begun to loathe CC. Does anyone want to join me in boycotting CC?

[quote name='the_usual_suspect00']I called two CCs in Houston, Tx and neither of them had a clue what I was talking about. One of them gave me attitude like I was prank calling them. I've really begun to loathe CC. Does anyone want to join me in boycotting CC?[/QUOTE]

No.....then how would i have gotten some GC games , and now these PC games for 9.99 each??

Just got back from CC. Here are 2 more titles that rang up at $9.99. (Is anyone keeping a running list of these?)

Civ 3: Conquor the World expansion
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition (which I am strangely excited to try out)

My CC had tons of LotR: Battle for Middle Earth, but they were not ringing up at $9.99. The website has both the DVD and CD editions listed at $31.99. Do we have more than one sighting of this game at $9.99?

I also picked up the last Freedom Force 2, Evil Genius, and 2 copies of Dawn of War (and Ridge Racer for the Nintendo DS). All of them were $9.99. Great deals all around.

[quote name='locutus411']
My CC had tons of LotR: Battle for Middle Earth, but they were not ringing up at $9.99. The website has both the DVD and CD editions listed at $31.99. Do we have more than one sighting of this game at $9.99?
[/QUOTE]

Weird... the CC here moved 25 or so copies into this clearance section - right next to the last copy of freedom force and a few copies of Pandora Tommorrow. It didn't have a price, just said "CLEARANCE" with it's SKU so I assumed it was 9.99, since everything else was there as well and the ad says "all clearance titles 9.99".

What price did it come up, out of curiosity?

I would go to CC and see what they had and maybe get a few games, but I am personally not pleased at all with CC, as most of their employees are idiots, and a lot of other crap that's happened in the past.

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird... the CC here moved 25 or so copies into this clearance section - right next to the last copy of freedom force and a few copies of Pandora Tommorrow. It didn't have a price, just said "CLEARANCE" with it's SKU so I assumed it was 9.99, since everything else was there as well and the ad says "all clearance titles 9.99".

What price did it come up, out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

It came up at $31.99 I believe, same as the website. Pandora Tomorrow wasn't $9.99 either (I can't remember what price it rang up at).

[quote name='locutus411']It came up at $31.99 I believe, same as the website. Pandora Tomorrow wasn't $9.99 either (I can't remember what price it rang up at).[/QUOTE]

That's strange... I can confirm Pandora Tommorrow is definately 9.99 since I almost bought it, but decided against it .. even had the employee price check it for me.

My CC was ringing up all the ttiles they had in stock. I made out like a bgandit. This is what I bought.

FF vs the 3rd R
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology the Titans
Tribes Vengence
Star Wars Battlefront
C&C Generals

And the other titles that were $10 that were hot and I already had....

Far Cry
Riddick
Battle for Middle Earth
Evil Genius
Battlefield Vietnam (Not Redux)
Dawn of War
Doom 3 Expansion pack.

Plus they had a ton of other items for ten bucks that were second tier. The EA Sports pack was $8. So was the EA five game combo with LotR and C&C Commando.

Does anyone know if Rise of Nations and the Expansion (seperate, not the gold edition) are $10 a piece?

And just you guys know - if you're into Pricegrabber, that Evil Genius, Doom 3: Expansion, Riddick, and Battle for Middle Earth for PC all have $5 dollar rebates.

From the look of things nearly everything from 2004 was $10. The only exceptions of things I wanted were Vampire bloodlines. And I forgot to have them check Rome Total Combat. But I doubt that's on sale, it never is.

But about half their game section was clearanced. I gotta hit my other CC after I give blood tonight.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']From the look of things nearly everything from 2004 was $10. The only exceptions of things I wanted were Vampire bloodlines. And I forgot to have them check Rome Total Combat. But I doubt that's on sale, it never is.

But about half their game section was clearanced. I gotta hit my other CC after I give blood tonight.[/QUOTE]

Rome: Total War is 50, I checked.

If someone goes and can check Rise of Nations and Call of Duty tonight, that would be awesome, since I can't make it back until right before closing.

Rise of Nations: Gold Edition came out in 10/ 2004... would be awesome if that was on sale.

Just got back from visiting CC on my lunch hour. Picked up the following for $10 each:

FFv3R
Evil Genius
Painkiller (confirmed!)
Far Cry

The following rang up at reg. price:
Trackmania Sunrise
Psychonauts

I'll go back tonight and try CoD: United Offensive, MOH: Pacific Assault DVD, Battle for Middle Earth, and Rise of Nations Gold.

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic']Just got back from visiting CC on my lunch hour. Picked up the following for $10 each:

FFv3R
Evil Genius
Painkiller (confirmed!)
Far Cry

The following rang up at reg. price:
Trackmania Sunrise
Psychonauts

I'll go back tonight and try CoD: United Offensive, MOH: Pacific Assault DVD, Battle for Middle Earth, and Rise of Nations Gold.

-DM[/QUOTE]

Painkiller Gold or regular Painkiller?

Sadly, I never saw the Painkiller expansion at CC...

[quote name='shrike4242']I think it's time for a compliation post of what's $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Edit the OP with a different subject, and add the Admiral's games as well :p

[quote name='Roufuss']Edit the OP with a different subject, and add the Admiral's games as well :p[/QUOTE]

Done.

Look it over to see if I missed anything.

[quote name='shrike4242']Done.

Look it over to see if I missed anything.[/QUOTE]

I think you got everything.

LOTR is confirmed from the Admiral, as well. And we're sure Painkiller is just the regular version?

[quote name='Roufuss']I think you got everything.

LOTR is confirmed from the Admiral, as well. And we're sure Painkiller is just the regular version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just the regular Painkiller. My CC didn't have the Gold Edition, but if someone sees one, it wouldnt hurt to try ringing it up. But for now, I can only confirm the regular version at $9.99.

-DM

[quote name='shrike4242']Done.

Look it over to see if I missed anything.[/QUOTE]

I edited your post and put everything in alphabetical order

if I missed anything feel free to fix it

The painkiller expansion has that advanced lighting system (HDR or something like that) so anyone who has a newer video card might want to check out the expansion or the gold edition

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I edited your post and put everything in alphabetical order

if I missed anything feel free to fix it[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Casey. Was just doing the quick cut & paste. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back