[DEAD] DotD: The Original Christmas Classics Boxset - $12.99 (DVD) & $19.49 (Blu-ray)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:dvd: The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town/Frosty the Snowman/Frosty Returns/Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol/Little Drummer Boy/Cricket on the Hearth) [DVD]

List Price: $29.93
Sale Price: $12.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Christmas-Classics-Red-Nosed-Reindeer/dp/B000R7G6JA/

:br: The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer / Santa Claus is Comin' to Town / Frosty the Snowman / Frosty Returns) [Blu-ray]

List Price: $44.95
Sale Price: $19.49 (was $29.49) & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Christmas-Classics-Red-Nosed-Reindeer/dp/B003P3PQLM/

I don't know which store did Amazon price matched to?

Edit: Duh its Deal of the Day, what an idiot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoo Hoo! In for 1 of the DVD. Not sure how much better on Blu cheaply produced Rankin Bass shows filmed on 16mm could look on Blu so we opted for the DVDs with more shows and cheaper price.

Got the DVD set. I only buy Blu Rays that actually have Blu Ray quality. These shows were made before dinosaurs.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Not sure if you get how Blu-ray transfers work...
[/QUOTE]If a Blu Ray I want to get isn't great HD quality, I don't buy it. What's not to get? Or even easier : If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Or even easier : If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.[/QUOTE]

Yeahhh, this right here still points to you not getting how it works...

For anyone that doesn't have PRIME, Costco also has this on for $17.99-$5 instant coupon if you want to go that route.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']If a Blu Ray I want to get isn't great HD quality, I don't buy it. What's not to get? Or even easier : If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.[/QUOTE]

Oh boy...

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']If a Blu Ray I want to get isn't great HD quality, I don't buy it. What's not to get? Or even easier : If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.[/QUOTE]
So you have no Blu-rays of movies that are more than 5 years old? I think you are missing out.
And what the hell is with Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys not being included here? That seems like a classic in a way that Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol and Cricket on the Hearth are not. I have never even heard of the cricket one.

[quote name='ackbar7']So you have no Blu-rays of movies that are more than 5 years old? I think you are missing out.[/QUOTE]

Some transfers don't look much better than an up-scaled dvd but as ackbar7 said, you really are missing out. Some transfers are jaw droopingly beautiful, one that comes to mind right now is Blade Runner.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC'] If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.[/QUOTE]

Movies like The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, a huge chunk of the Criterion collection, and hundreds others called, they said "your loss".

Just stop talking.

[quote name='ackbar7']So you have no Blu-rays of movies that are more than 5 years old? I think you are missing out.
[/QUOTE]I have Forrest Gump & Fight Club. Neither of which are that much better than DVD with HDMI upscale in my opinion.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeahhh, this right here still points to you not getting how it works...[/QUOTE]I buy Blu Rays for great quality. If I see that an old movie's quality isn't that much better than its DVD with HDMI upscale, then I simply do not buy. Is that such a crime?

[quote name='SCDallas']Just stop talking.[/QUOTE]Don't be a dumb ass and state your purpose for such a useless post. Thanks.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I have Forrest Gump & Fight Club. Neither of which are that much better than DVD with HDMI upscale in my opinion.
[/QUOTE]

Then you either need to invest in glasses or there's something wrong with your setup.

[quote name='opterasis']Then you either need to invest in glasses or there's something wrong with your setup.[/QUOTE]I wish the quality was better is all I'm saying.

I got this set for my kids when it came out in October and the quality is good on the blu's and better than the dvd version we replaced. It's not jaw dropping quality but at this sale price for some classic holiday tales its a good deal especially if you have children.
To add there is also a cd in the blu ray box set that has some classic holiday songs on it which I don't see in the listing.

[quote name='blissskr']To add there is also a cd in the blu ray box set that has some classic holiday songs on it which I don't see in the listing.[/QUOTE]

That was a nice little surprise when I opened the blu-ray set.

[quote name='SCDallas']stop talking[/QUOTE]I love when people just regress into 1st graders. It's much easier for me, since I don't even have to convince them that they're idiots; they do it themselves.

msc47b.jpg

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']You should probably read the posts I have made since that quote you made. I elaborate on it.[/QUOTE]
2lbyiv5.jpg

[quote name='mrolympiasc']quite an intelligent retort. I thank you, kind sir. I bid you good evening.[/quote]

screw you poopypants!!

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I love when people just regress into 1st graders. It's much easier for me, since I don't even have to convince them that they're idiots; they do it themselves.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhh

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Quite an intelligent retort. I thank you, kind sir. I bid you good evening.[/QUOTE]
Go watch Days of Heaven on bluray, came out in 1978 and if you didn't know the actors now, you'd think it was made last week. Your logic fails and isn't easy to comprehend by those who know better, and you're wasting your setup watching only recent movies on bluray. That's all we're saying.

[quote name='Finch106']Go watch Days of Heaven on bluray, came out in 1978 and if you didn't know the actors now, you'd think it was made last week. Your logic fails and isn't easy to comprehend by those who know better, and you're wasting your setup watching only recent movies on bluray. That's all we're saying.[/QUOTE]Are you completely retarded? My "logic fails"? LOL Dude, what difference does it make to you what I purchase anyway? Do you get a cut of what I purchase on Blu Ray? We're talking about personal preference here, and I expressed my opinion on the matter.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Are you completely retarded? My "logic fails"? LOL Dude, what difference does it make to you what I purchase anyway? Do you get a cut of what I purchase on Blu Ray? We're talking about personal preference here, and I expressed my opinion on the matter.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion is the equivalent of repeatedly saying 2+2=5 despite others explaining why it isn't. So hilarious that you're questioning the intelligence of others in this situation. Just gracefully accept the fact that you weren't knowledgeable about how high-def transfers worked, and that you learned something new. You're just making it harder for yourself by throwing out insults, which sadly you probably won't cease to do.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Your opinion is the equivalent of repeatedly saying 2+2=5 despite everyone else pointing how how wrong that is. So hilarious that you're questioning the intelligence of others in this situation. Just gracefully accept the fact that you weren't knowledgeable about how high-def transfers worked, and that you learned something new. You're just making it harder for yourself by throwing out insults, which sadly you probably won't cease to do.[/QUOTE]My God, you still don't understand. I have always stated that I purchase Blu Rays based on the quality of the picture, ok? Jesus Christ. I'm getting sick of you and your stupidity.

Thanks for the "2+2=5" analogy, by the way. I chuckled a bit on how awful it was.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']My God, you still don't understand. I have always stated that I purchase Blu Rays based on the quality of the picture, ok? Jesus Christ. I'm getting sick of you and your stupidity.

Thanks for the "2+2=5" analogy, by the way. I chuckled a bit on how awful it was.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving me right so quickly

[quote name='ssjmichael']You're just making it harder for yourself by throwing out insults, which sadly you probably won't cease to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably wrong, but I would have sworn the Christmas Classics DVD was in the $5 Bargain Bin at my local Walmart last week.

Also, I thought you based your purchase on whether a Blu-ray was around when they released the DVD. So which is it?

How old are you since you want to be condescending about how "mature" you are in comparison to us.

For the hundredth time, I buy Blu Rays based on the quality of transfer.

By the way, I'm not sure why you put "mature" in quotes, but I guess it looked cooler, right?

[quote name='Altanis']I'm probably wrong, but I would have sworn the Christmas Classics DVD was in the $5 Bargain Bin at my local Walmart last week.[/QUOTE]

It's a 4-disc box set with a bonus CD so I'd be surprised if it was in there. I'm sure this isn't the only Christmas classics release though, so there's probably some other single disc version with a few of these on there.

And yes, I'd like to think that my arguments are more mature than posting inane (and unoriginal) internet pics as a response.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']For the hundredth time, I buy Blu Rays based on the quality of transfer.

By the way, I'm not sure why you put "mature" in quotes, but I guess it looked cooler, right?[/QUOTE]

Is this, or is this not your post? Yes? No? Simple question

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Or even easier : If Blu Ray wasn't around when the movie was released on DVD, I don't buy it. It couldn't get any simpler.[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate on what you mean by that sentence since we all seem to be sooo stupid for thinking you were batshit crazy for saying it. It apparently couldn't get any simpler, but we here unfortunately need more help. In case you want to avoid it, like you just did, I'll keep reiterating that quote until you explain it further. Don't forget those lovely insults you can't help throw in!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is this, or is this not your post? Yes? No? Simple question

Please elaborate on what you mean by that sentence since we all seem to be sooo stupid for thinking you were batshit crazy for saying it. It apparently couldn't get any simpler, but we here unfortunately need more help. In case you want to avoid it, like you just did, I'll keep reiterating that quote until you explain it further. Don't forget those lovely insults you can't help throw in![/QUOTE]It's a general statement that newer movies are better transfers than older movies, kind sir.

bread's done
Back