[dead] HP IPOD $69.50 Clearance at Staples (YMMV)

jcp4322

CAGiversary!
I work at staples and just to let everyone know they have dropped the price on the 40gig HP Ipod to 69.50. This is a clearence item and is extremely YMMV, but I thought I'd let everyone know. This Ipod comes with the dock, ac adaptor and software.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']WMA? Yuck! ;)[/QUOTE]

I download most of my music from allofmp3.com, and downloading in WMA format is about half as much as MP3 format.

called 5 stores, and the last one actually had them in stock earlier, or at least thats what the guy told me, but they were long gone by the time I called

If anyone gets one, can we get a recipt scan or a SKU number off the recipt. How far does your district go? Just Cincinnati area?

Waiting for independent confirmation before I run to Staples.

I also work at Staples, but we do not carry iPods in store...online only. Most of the other places in the Wisconsin area are the same way.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Actually WMA's sound the best for the smallest compression.[/QUOTE]

Yea, actually mp3s, even LAME, aren't as good as WMA or OGG. I did a project comparing the sound spectrum of mp3s, oggs, and wmas and the winner was ogg, then wma, then mp3.

[quote name='brak2000']I also work at Staples, but we do not carry iPods in store...online only. Most of the other places in the Wisconsin area are the same way.[/QUOTE]

hey, did u check this out at what wisconsin location? Oshkosh store?

The closest Staples is like 50 miles away (I live in Wisconsin) so I wasn't even going to bother with this one. Oh well, I just bought an iRiver H10 about a month ago anyway that I'm happy with

I really do hate anyone that got this deal or the 40% off PSPs and DSs. Oh and anyone with a nearby gamerush. We get the shaft up here in MN. Although there is an abundance of Targets and Best Buys (both have HQs here) so when they have deals there's plenty to check.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I really do hate anyone that got this deal or the 40% off PSPs and DSs. Oh and anyone with a nearby gamerush. We get the shaft up here in MN. Although there is an abundance of Targets and Best Buys (both have HQs here) so when they have deals there's plenty to check.[/QUOTE]

Not only did I get in on this deal but I got my DS for $30 and my PSP for $100 months ago. CAG and me/happy/4ever

P.S. It's all about where you live I mean central NJ is just so over developed. 6 Staples within 15 min of me and another 5 within 30-45 min away

[quote name='roguejedi5']Which Staples was this one?

Anyways, i checked the nearest 6 and only 2 stores carried the 60gb ones for $399.[/QUOTE]

Kearny Mesa one (one next to CompUSA)

I want to do what CAG's sig is doing, except I'll be the one slapping him.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Kearny Mesa one (one next to CompUSA)[/QUOTE]

I want to do what CAG's sig is doing, except I'll be the one slapping him.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']None in Delaware. I looked. And we're Staples central[/QUOTE]

Haha, you definitely are! I'm taking a class at Udel in Newark over the summer (about an hour from my home in York, PA) and I used the store locator, and I was amazed at how many Staples there are down there. (5 or 6 in New Castle County, with 2 stores in Newark about 2 miles apart). Anyway, thanks for posting so I don't have to waste my time looking where it's already been searched. :)

[quote name='trytej']I called 5 stores and they wither said they didnt have it or it was $200. fuckin jerks.[/QUOTE]

They told you it was $200 and then the employees cleared them all out of the store.

TBW

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I really do hate anyone that got this deal or the 40% off PSPs and DSs. Oh and anyone with a nearby gamerush. We get the shaft up here in MN. Although there is an abundance of Targets and Best Buys (both have HQs here) so when they have deals there's plenty to check.[/QUOTE]

How did people get psp's and ds's so inexpensively???

[quote name='cag1000']Not only did I get in on this deal but I got my DS for $30 and my PSP for $100 months ago. CAG and me/happy/4ever[/QUOTE]
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

[quote name='cag1000']Not only did I get in on this deal but I got my DS for $30 and my PSP for $100 months ago. CAG and me/happy/4ever[/QUOTE]
im gunna have to say something here...

my prices:
psp - $25
DS - $7
20 gig ipod - $20

yeah

thanks cag ^^

I use to work at Staples. Sometimes they'd have crazy deals like this. Once I for a External 12x FireWire burner for $40, when it was still $200-400 elsewhere.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Kearny Mesa one (one next to CompUSA)

I want to do what CAG's sig is doing, except I'll be the one slapping him.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I called them earlier too. The CSR was nicer than the one in Oakland but I still kinda got snapped at, hehe. Maybe they're getting sick of getting called so much about this IPOD.

no dice for me either. damn. what a deal. I've been wanting an iPod and that woulda been so damn sweet! fuck! oh well. congrats to cag1000. lucky fucking bastard. :D

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Haha, you definitely are! I'm taking a class at Udel in Newark over the summer (about an hour from my home in York, PA) and I used the store locator, and I was amazed at how many Staples there are down there. (5 or 6 in New Castle County, with 2 stores in Newark about 2 miles apart). Anyway, thanks for posting so I don't have to waste my time looking where it's already been searched. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, what class are you taking and wheer do you normally go.

We have so many Staples because we're a corporate center. And I hear they're building more Staples too. They need to keep all the businesses supplied.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey, what class are you taking and wheer do you normally go.

We have so many Staples because we're a corporate center. And I hear they're building more Staples too. They need to keep all the businesses supplied.[/QUOTE]

It's a GRE prep class that they're holding at Purnell Hall. I normally go to York College of Pennsylvania (a smaller private school) and I'm graduating this coming spring...I'm trying to boost my GREs to get into a good psychology PhD program. Do you go to U of Delaware?

I went to my closest Staples instead of calling just in case I would have tipped anyone off. I didn't see any iPods in their MP3 player display (and no mysteriously empty spots). I asked if they had any, and I was told that no stores in the Jacksonville area carried them, reason being they were so popular that they couldn't be properly supplied.

Oh god DAMN!
I should've read the thread more!

I went down to my local one tonight and asked. They weren't MARKED as clearance, so I left. fuck! I'll go there before they open tomorrow.

Wow, I'm going to hit up my local Staples (i don't even know if they sell iPods to begin with) and hoping to buy one and selling it on eBay, or even multiple iPods for more profit

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']Hmm... There seem to be no Staples in the entire state of Kansas. Major suckage.[/QUOTE]

There's a Staples in Emporia, homie

[quote name='Purkeynator']To the people who said: "Send me one and I will pay for it plus a little extra"- You guys are insane if you think anyone would give you one for cost plus a small mark-up when they could easily sell it for hundreds of dollars on ebay or elsewhere. The deal is dead, get over it.[/QUOTE]

I get a kick out of those posts. :rofl:

[quote name='dafunkk12']I asked if they had any, and I was told that no stores in the Jacksonville area carried them, reason being they were so popular that they couldn't be properly supplied.[/QUOTE]

The Staples guy I talked to told me the total opposite. He said that hp was no longer going to be selling hp ipods because they sold so badly. Gotta love that communal knowledge between store employees!

Rule #1 on finding a "hot deal" is do not call!!!!!

This is what happens:
Eager buyer: Do you have any 40 GB Ipods in Stock?
Staples Employee:Let me check for you....
Looks at screen and see's xx in stock at $xxx.xx price....
Thinks to self: Man that is a great deal...
Staples Employee:Thanks for holding..."unfortunately" we don't have any in stock is
there any thing else I can do for you???
Eager buyer: No, but thank you....
Thinks to self: I better hurry up and call the next store....
Staples Employee: Eagerly grabs xx Ipods and places them aside for himself to buy
later with his employee discount with an "evil" smirk....
**Fade to black**

[quote name='pollayer1']Rule #1 on finding a "hot deal" is do not call!!!!!

This is what happens:
Eager buyer: Do you have any 40 GB Ipods in Stock?
Staples Employee:Let me check for you....
Looks at screen and see's xx in stock at $xxx.xx price....
Thinks to self: Man that is a great deal...
Staples Employee:Thanks for holding..."unfortunately" we don't have any in stock is
there any thing else I can do for you???
Eager buyer: No, but thank you....
Thinks to self: I better hurry up and call the next store....
Staples Employee: Eagerly grabs xx Ipods and places them aside for himself to buy
later with his employee discount with an "evil" smirk....
**Fade to black**[/QUOTE]

ussually that is true and I would agree with you but how I got mine was to call 6 stores and I found a guy who checked the inventory of all Staples in NJ. He found one in Toms River so I called and had the guy hold it for me in the managers office with my name on it. The guy who looked it up for me had 1 for hold for someone also. Why drive around when you know that they are rare.

[quote name='menikmati']Wow, I'm going to hit up my local Staples (i don't even know if they sell iPods to begin with) and hoping to buy one and selling it on eBay, or even multiple iPods for more profit[/QUOTE]

Get a job.

Wow, starting last night I called every Staples within 150 miles of my home. Not only did non of them have the IPod, none of them have ever carried the IPod. Congrats to the few lucky buzzards who got in on this deal. I'm gonna go cry now.

[quote name='JSK414']Newtown, and Bensalem PA don't have any.[/QUOTE]

Neither do the two Easton stores, two Allentwon stores, Bethlehem, Hazelton, Stroudsburg, Phillipsburg, NJ, and Hackettstown, NJ.

There was only one store that carried them at all and they only had the 30GB (which was marked down to $210) and the 60GB photo. Most of the stores told me that they appear in stock randomly and suggested I go to Best Buy.

I still can't believe that these dropped so quickly. It's only been what, a week since HP annoucned they were killing the line? I wonder if any other retailers will follow suit?

[quote name='magilacudy']Negative on Paramus (Rt. 4), Hackensack and Bergenfield, NJ stores. What other Staples locations did you call, cag1000?[/QUOTE]

I called all the staples in North Jersey last night and none of them had any ipods in stock or even in store for that matter a fact.

bread's done
Back