[DEAD?] The NEW Circuit City $1.99 Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to CouRageouS for the original list. Newest additions are marked by **.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Spawn: Armageddon
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Spawn: Armageddon
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

It is NOT the law that if an item is scanning a lower price that the customer must get it at that price. Legally, if the price scans lower than retail, the store manager or owner can refuse the sale due to human error, believe it or not. The only time a price can be disputed legally is if said merchandise is on permanent display under lock and key where the price is permanently fixed and not subject to tampering according to the Department of Weights and Measures. The reason most retailers allow consumers to get the last word in such matters is because they want to make them happy and get their return patronage aka money. Also, if every consumer went to court based on this retail myth, stores would be bankrupt on the legal fees alone.

[quote name='little_krampy']Oh no. This thread is getting crappy like the original $1.99 game at CC thread.[/QUOTE]

The nature of the deal will likely cause that to start to happen,
as you'll have some people that gloat about how they hoard, which will annoy some people, and then others that will talk about how they remove stickers, which will enrage some people.

Add this to the fact that the deal is YMMV at best, and that the possible stock the deals can be had on has greatly diminished due to the relabelling by CC or games being bought by CAGs and likely people at Fat Wallet, and you've got yourself a fertile ground for arguments to start up.

Though, it is nice to see that some people did actually get deals after this one was started up.

This is the worst thread I have ever read here. Can we get back to the video game deals and let the losers figure out their own problems?

Hey guys I know this is a long shot... but!!! if anyone can pick me up X-Men: Next Dimension for PS2 and ship it out for a few bucks, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in :)

For the Bay Area CAGs, I went to the Pinole CC last night cause I was hanging out with my cousin who lives there. What a bust, all they had was Cat in the Hat PS2, which I've been passing on multiple times at multiple locations, and Banjo GBA. My cousin got the Banjo since I already got one. A lot of employees kept asking if we needed help cause we were digging through everything. Pretty funny when we walked away with only one thing.

Now that I've pretty much got games from every CC in a 30 mile radius, Its time to call it quits. It was really fun since all these CCs are so close to each other. Its tempting though since theres still 2 or 3 CCs up in SF area and 3 down in San Jose. One particular one in San Jose is tempting cause thats were I scored my HDD for $40 when all the other CCs didn't have it.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']My point is that because even though we all have money issues, we're not all hoarding and reselling. And I'm echoing you to emphasize the your argument has a certain irony coming from you.
Edited for grammar.[/QUOTE]

give the guy a break, he had a bad year in his life would you? theres nothing written that says we wont lose our jobs and be SOL one day, so show some compassion. Ive seen people make 50 k a year, and within a year are on the streets because the job market is that bad in this country in alot of places rite now.

Is it possible stores are chaning the prices on certain games? I was with a friend at a CC and we found a copy of Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube, no stickers or value tags to indicate it would not ring up $1.99 so he decided he would get it for $1.99. It scanned $19.96 or $19.99. I had gotten 1 copy for myself for $1.99 at another CC when the $1.99 games were first discovered so I was kind of surprised. We went to another store and the same thing happened with X2 Wolverine's Revenge for GBA. Some were value tagged, others weren't. The one without the value tag rung up for $14.99 while in the same case, at the store where I got BG&E for $1.99, I got X2 for $1.99 there as well.

Most if not all CC stores now have gotten a pullback list - in English that means a list of games to be sent back to distribution. In this case its all the games in the system that are set to $1.99 that are being sent back. This started earlier this week and will be going on over the next week or two.

Sorry folks, but looks like the $1.99 clearance is about to come to an abrupt and sudden end. :(

More and more stores are doing that. When I was at Penney's, rather than "give away" old shoes via $5 clearance prices, we packed all the shoes into boxes, and sold them in bulk to an Ebay-listed company.

Makes sense. Rather than waste valuable floor space & sell product at a loss, let someone else take the Clearance items off your hands.

troy

[quote name='CouRageouS']For the Bay Area CAGs, I went to the Pinole CC last night cause I was hanging out with my cousin who lives there. What a bust, all they had was Cat in the Hat PS2, which I've been passing on multiple times at multiple locations, and Banjo GBA. My cousin got the Banjo since I already got one. A lot of employees kept asking if we needed help cause we were digging through everything. Pretty funny when we walked away with only one thing.

Now that I've pretty much got games from every CC in a 30 mile radius, Its time to call it quits. It was really fun since all these CCs are so close to each other. Its tempting though since theres still 2 or 3 CCs up in SF area and 3 down in San Jose. One particular one in San Jose is tempting cause thats were I scored my HDD for $40 when all the other CCs didn't have it.[/QUOTE]

thanks of the update CouRageouS. i guess i'll visit a couple of CC (union city/dublin) this weekend and see what i can find. i need to get myself a new tv anyway so i might just get some games along the way.

I tried to buy Tekken Tag GH also.. rang up at 14.99..
There were three bar codes. He checked all three, all came back with 14.99.
oh well..
Natick, MA

[quote name='dude2003']thanks of the update CouRageouS. i guess i'll visit a couple of CC (union city/dublin) this weekend and see what i can find. i need to get myself a new tv anyway so i might just get some games along the way.[/QUOTE]
Dublin may be cleaned out cause my buddy was there last Weds. I know he got some GC, PS2, and GBA stuff cause he got me some games there. A lot of the games there were tagged with Value Stickers. As far as Union City goes, I was there last week and didn't find anything else left. My trip was quick so you may find something hidden. I think Union was were I got Eternal Darkness and a couple other GC games. Oh and at all CCs I went to I never looked at the Xbox section, so you may luck out if you have an Xbox. Good luck on your search this weekend :D

[quote name='rocky76']I tried to buy Tekken Tag GH also.. rang up at 14.99..
There were three bar codes. He checked all three, all came back with 14.99.
oh well..
Natick, MA[/QUOTE]

I tried getting it, at a store here (STL, MO) with no luck either, it rang up as $15.

Tried another CC and it had nothing left.

Ah well, looks to be dead.

[quote name='purpleshaman']I tried getting it, at a store here (STL, MO) with no luck either, it rang up as $15.

Tried another CC and it had nothing left.

Ah well, looks to be dead.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with Tekken Tag Tournament (GH) without any generic stickers covering the UPC ($15) I think that it was either a mistake altogether or maybe it was a non grestest hits copy that rung up $1.99 as I did find Virtua Fighter 4 non greatest hits at my store & tried it thinking it might be 1.99 and it was.

I went to two Louisville Circuit City stores today.

One store had nothing but GTA2 for $1.99. Not too shabby.

The other store had several games on that list, but the price check rang them up at $9.99 or $14.99.

What gives?

Is there a secret handshake or do I have to be at a special store?

[quote name='omegaweapon7']this is NOT YMMV right?[/QUOTE]

It is somewhat YMMV. As I mentioned in the last page, I tried games with a friend and games that were on the list and not value tagged, still rang up for more than $1.99. There is also the YMMV of the games being value tagged and not ringing up for $1.99 and some games being out of the computer system at certain stores and won't ring up at all.

is this still going on? And these games will ring up to the price 41.99 correct (went to last page and didn't bother to read whats before this post)

At my CC they put new barcode stickers on the front, back, and on the top so all the games that qualified for $1.99 have a new generic CC VALUE SKU.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Is there a secret handshake or do I have to be at a special store?[/QUOTE]
Yes there is a secret handshake, but you have to be a Stonecutter.

[quote name='shajek']Found PoP for GC. $1.99 at CC gets $8 in credit at GameStop (before the current bonus).[/QUOTE]

If you dont have this game already, Id recommend at least playing it before trading it in... it is a really cool game

[quote name='zman73']If you dont have this game already, Id recommend at least playing it before trading it in... it is a really cool game[/QUOTE]

I bought it when they offered Splinter Cell as a freebie. I love the game. I just wanted to get an extra for trading purposes. I'm still trying to get PoP:WW.

[quote name='zman73']If you dont have this game already, Id recommend at least playing it before trading it in... it is a really cool game[/QUOTE]

Ah, it's definitely a shame to see a great game reduced to mere trade-in fodder. I'd recommend keeping a spare copy if you already own it; it really is that good.

Just a heads up. I took a copy of Batman at my local CC to get price checked, and they totally canceled the sale for me. It scanned in at $1.99 but the manager ordered the rep to bump it up to sticker price ($49.99 *cough*CRAP*cough*).

Moral of the story: Just take it to the register, and probably with other items.

I was at the CC in Friendswood,TX this weekend and they had a bin about a quarter full of games from the $1.99 sale. Dave Mirra 2 (PS2) was actually labeled $1.99. Johny Mosely Mad Trix(PS2) was labled $4.99 (I already picked this one up for $1.99), and a few of the other games like terminator and SW:Bounty Hunter were labeled about $9.99, but were still in the bin with the other $1.99 list games. I didn't have any cash on me so, I didn't even bother checking on any of those other games, but there weren't any value stickers so who knows?

I don't see why you'd change the title to say its dead, thats implying that it doesn't work anymore but it does. Its just a matter of luck/stock.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Unofficially "killing" the thread since there's probably not much more to this sale anyway.[/QUOTE]

My CC has been dead since day one.

I am still finding multiple games that are coming up $1.99 every time I go to CC. So far I have never had any problems getting the game for the lower price either. If the bar code on the back is covered I usually just tell the cashier to scan the bar code on the top of the game. A couple of times the cashiers have asked the managers about it and the answer has always been the same, "Go by whichever barcode is cheaper." The BMX games and American Idol, Project Eden, things like that all seem very abundant here.

I picked up a copy of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time(GCN) at the Pearland, TX CC today for $1.99. They had 3 more copies on the shelf when I left in case any Houston area CAGs want to check it out. The look on the cashier's face was classic when the price rung up!

Hoarders ruin it for the rest of us, but the fact of the matter is we live in a capitalist society.

It is ingrained into us to make a buck, everything is about cash, cash, cash, and looking out for yourself.

I doubt the grocery stores, his landlord, or anyone else tried to do 'the right thing' or look out for him. No, they just tried to pad their wallets.

Look at CEOs. 80+% of them would fuck over hundreds of thousands of people to make a quick buck. Actually, lots have.

Fact of the matter is, until something drastic happens, this is how people are going to be. People are selfish assholes.

I'm not gonna bother driving out to CC, because there would be no unstickered games and no one would remove them for me, and even if I tried to remove the sticker by myself, there would be sticky stuff left covering it and I'd be screwed. I try to be a good person, but there is no form of karma/God doesn't care, so I'd get fucked, like always.

:)

maccabee72, wanna go back and pick up 3 more? I'm sure you could find 3 CAG'r, myself included, who would buy them off you for 1.99 + tax/shipping

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']maccabee72, wanna go back and pick up 3 more? I'm sure you could find 3 CAG'r, myself included, who would buy them off you for 1.99 + tax/shipping[/QUOTE]

I've had a couple of people PM me about this already. The CC I got it from is about 45 minutes from my house, and I won't be heading back that way until next week. I was going to pick up a couple of extra copies, but I didn't want to press my luck, and I thought I would leave some for some fellow CAGs. If any are still left when I go next week, I'll hook some CAGs up.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Just a heads up. I took a copy of Batman at my local CC to get price checked, and they totally canceled the sale for me. It scanned in at $1.99 but the manager ordered the rep to bump it up to sticker price ($49.99 *cough*CRAP*cough*).

Moral of the story: Just take it to the register, and probably with other items.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience trying to get a copy of Batman Rise of sin tzu with the lithograph. One CSR scanned it at the register, came up 1.99 then he had seller's regret, talked to a female cashier and she said you better check with the boss. Boss came over and said this was a pricing mistake. He had a change of heart I guess cuz my 2nd grade daughter was with me and said, sell it to me for 1.99. I thanked him and as I left the store, I saw a bunch of CSRs head over to the GCN and XB areas with lists and it looked like they were searching for any remaining 1.99 games that they had on a list.

This was several weeks ago and I have not gone back to any CC to look for any 1.99 deals.

I went to the CC on Touhy Ave. (Niles, IL) and couldn't find any $1.99 games, but I did find a copy of Turok: Evolution for $4.99 (marked $19.99). They still had some Dave Mirra BMX and Tony Hawk PS3 games.

I'm still looking for a cheap-ass copy of State of Emergency, if anyone can snag a copy...

[quote name='shieryda']I went to the CC on Touhy Ave. (Niles, IL) and couldn't find any $1.99 games, but I did find a copy of Turok: Evolution for $4.99 (marked $19.99). They still had some Dave Mirra BMX and Tony Hawk PS3 games.

I'm still looking for a cheap-ass copy of State of Emergency, if anyone can snag a copy...[/QUOTE]

You can get a new copy from amazon for $5...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...899578-7742205?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Shipping will kill it though.

Not dead yet, just wounded.

I went in today, checked a couple of the PS2 top UPC's and the American Idol came up as $1.99.

Then the Employee helping me said he could just remove the stickers and check. So, I ended up getting a X-men Dimensions for $1.99! Woohoo!

I got some other game, but I can't remember what it was.

So, if you can get them to remove the stickers/upcs you may be able to get more for $1.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back