(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

I have to go pick up this Hot Shots: More Holes Game. I have not seen at Blockbuster (god, I miss that underlined acronym feature!) but I never looked in the new games section hopefull, I'll find a copy.

BTW... why is this JUST becoming a sticky?LOL

ADDITIONALLY
There still stands this deal, that bumps the trade-in value of games up to $10 towards ANY PSP game.

For every PS2, XBX, or GC game you trade in to EBGames, you will receive $10 towards the purchase of any game you preorder.

If the cashier is confused... tell them its Promo Number 3404.

I'm sort of confused, and I just got into this thread. The first line is fine, but the second line makes it confusing to me. I read the first 3 pages, but I don't want to read the whole thread just to find the answer to my question. By any, does that mean I can just get 3 non-excluded games, and I can also receive a $10 bonus towards Doom 3 CE (which isn't a PSP game)?

I have MK: DA *PROMO*, Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of XMas, and Metal Arms. So I can basically trade them in at EB, pick a elgible PSP game, get a gift receipt to return that for $30 credit, and ask for $10 to be added to my preferred game? If that was the case, than I would get $40 by trading in 3? OR do I only get $30 credit?

Thanks in advanced for clearing up my confusion.

[quote name='gamefreak117']I'm sort of confused, and I just got into this thread. The first line is fine, but the second line makes it confusing to me. I read the first 3 pages, but I don't want to read the whole thread just to find the answer to my question. By any, does that mean I can just get 3 non-excluded games, and I can also receive a $10 bonus towards Doom 3 CE (which isn't a PSP game)?

I have MK: DA *PROMO*, Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of XMas, and Metal Arms. So I can basically trade them in at EB, pick a elgible PSP game, get a gift receipt to return that for $30 credit, and ask for $10 to be added to my preferred game? If that was the case, than I would get $40 by trading in 3? OR do I only get $30 credit?

Thanks in advanced for clearing up my confusion.[/QUOTE]

Those games should work . . . you take them into EBGames and do the free $40 PSP game with 3 tradein promo. As they ring it up, ask for a gift receipt . . . so you get $13.33 for non-excluded games.

The next day (or a few days later . . . I don't think its cool to do it right away) you return the sealed game with your gift receipt. You "changed your mind" about it. They will give $40 plus tax in store credit. You could immediately put it on Doom 3 CE (or any other merchandise) or walk out with a gift card for the total.

If you want to make online purchases, make sure the gift card they give you has a scratch off pin #. Then you can wait and watch for $10 clearance games to pop up on CAG or wake up everymorning and sign on at 6 am CST to see the morning update of used games . . . sometimes finding great deals.

Ooops! that's what I do with my credit . . . you can do whatever you wish.

Ugh, i'm exhausted. I've ran all over. Spent about $350 in games.

Got about $800 worth of games and stuff from EB.

And every BlockBuster I stop at has exactly 2 new copies of "9 More Holes" making me go get MORE cheap games to match them up with.

I've still got to get 2 more PSP games. When will the madness end???

Well I spent about $190 yesterday and have $320 in PSP games. The BB by me has about 30 9 More holes of Xmas, and that is after me and a friend got like 20 of them. What pisses me off is after I was done with my trades my friend went next and asked the EB sales girl if he could just trade in 3 9 more holes at a time and she said yes and it worked! so he got 2 of his PSP games for $9 each! I was like WTF? So I am going to get a few more 9 more holes and try and get a couple more PSP games. I also need to find a EB here in So Cal that has a PSP in stock. Any one in so cal know of an EB with them in stock? I am willing to drive a ways to get it.

I traded in Driv3er, hitman contracts, and 9 more holes of Xmas for Wipeout this morning. I was wondering if i could trade in a game without its mannuel and still get it to work?

[quote name='fillican']I traded in Driv3er, hitman contracts, and 9 more holes of Xmas for Wipeout this morning. I was wondering if i could trade in a game without its mannuel and still get it to work?[/QUOTE]

If you know the people well enough they usually won't care unless they're douches.

[quote name='sageice']Well I spent about $190 yesterday and have $320 in PSP games. The BB by me has about 30 9 More holes of Xmas, and that is after me and a friend got like 20 of them. What pisses me off is after I was done with my trades my friend went next and asked the EB sales girl if he could just trade in 3 9 more holes at a time and she said yes and it worked! so he got 2 of his PSP games for $9 each! I was like WTF? So I am going to get a few more 9 more holes and try and get a couple more PSP games. I also need to find a EB here in So Cal that has a PSP in stock. Any one in so cal know of an EB with them in stock? I am willing to drive a ways to get it.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky, my EB won't let me, but I've only tried one with my nine more holes so I don't know...

Anyone Know if the SegaGT/JSRF bundles and Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars bundles work for this promotion?

I was able to trade in the following games for 2 Psp games.

Xbox exhibition vol.6
Jak & daxter
Resident evil code veronica ps2
Eternal Darkness
outlaw golf 9 more holes of golf xbox
crash bandicoot wrath of cortex

Thanks CAG!!!!

[quote name='joshthegreat69']If you know the people well enough they usually won't care unless they're douches.[/QUOTE]

yep, they were douches...

Can anyone help me?

Can anyone give me a list of games that are preowned and cheap (that are also available to trade in at EB for this deal)? I want to exchange the games to get a PSP. :)

I think its possible. I mean, I can just exchange the free PSP games I get and put them towards the PSP or something.

please help me! I am a cheapassgamer! I would do this myself but I rarely buy games in store. I mostly buy games online.

Thanks anyone

buying them online you probably won't have enough turn around time. just look on about page 5 and there is a pretty good list.

Jeff

[quote name='jer7583']Anyone Know if the SegaGT/JSRF bundles and Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars bundles work for this promotion?[/QUOTE]

Sega GT/JSRF is POX, and I am sure Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars is POX too because Tetris Worlds by itself is POX.

Just wondering, I have planned trading in alot of games. Can I trade in say, 12 games in the same EB store?

If that didn't work I was thinking of trading games at EB games, then going to a different one. I will ask for a gift receipt so I can use the store credit to buy myself a PSP. Can I use store credit from a different EB games to another EB?

Because if I trade in like 9 games or more, they might not want to accept them or something. And if they do, they might not accept the PSP games that I want to cancel for store credit.

I need help!!!! PM me or something! I still need to find cheap PO games to trade in at EB! I want a PSP really really bad!

Thanks!

p.s.: i'm a n00b at deals. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Just wondering, I have planned trading in alot of games. Can I trade in say, 12 games in the same EB store?

If that didn't work I was thinking of trading games at EB games, then going to a different one. I will ask for a gift receipt so I can use the store credit to buy myself a PSP. Can I use store credit from a different EB games to another EB?

Because if I trade in like 9 games or more, they might not want to accept them or something. And if they do, they might not accept the PSP games that I want to cancel for store credit.

I need help!!!! PM me or something! I still need to find cheap PO games to trade in at EB! I want a PSP really really bad!

Thanks!

p.s.: i'm a n00b at deals. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You can trade in as many games as you want. They don't really care about people trading in a ton of games -- otherwise I would never have been able to trade in like 30 games at once for a trade in deal they had a month ago.

The manager at the only EB that's within a reasonable distance from where I live gave me crap this morning when I came in to trade in 3 more games and do an exchange (for a game that I'd pre-ordered a while back). He looked at one of the games and said something like ``didn't you already trade one of these in?'' But it was in a strange, accusatory way, like I was trying to pull something on him. Then he said something like, ``what, did you get this from overstock.com?'' Since I wasn't about to say, ''No, moron. I bought it at the GameStop just down the road last night.'', I just said that I didn't know what he was talking about. He then proceeded to go on about people buying things from overstock and trading them in. The tone he used made it sound like it was some sort of crime ring. Aaargh. The guy's always been a bit of a jerk, but hell...

It did make me wonder if there was some super overstock deal that somehow I'd missed, or if he was talking about the billions of jampacks that got funneled from overstock into EB during the `trade 2, get and extra $10' deal (which they killed before I could get rid of the stack of jampacks that I've bought over the years for cases).

Anyway, at least I've got a copy of Metal Gear AC!D to play with. Damn the intro mission has a lot of text to go through!

Thanks!!!! You just made my day!!!

I guess i'm going shopping this whole week before the deal ends! Hopefully I'll have enough store credit to get myself a PSP. If not, I'll just keep the PSP games and save for the PSP or something. :)

Thanks again!

Today has been awesome for me I spent less that $60 today on these games at gamerush: 2x - Hitman: Contracts, Cubix, Enter the Matrix, 2x - 9 more holes outlaw golf, 2x Driv3r and got Ape Escape, Wipeoue, and Twisted metal. I have been to two diffrent EBs though and only one guy made a complaint about not having instruction a coupole of the games not having instruction mannuels.

:( I took my games that I got (Wipeout and TM) to another EB from where I bought them and they said ok we'll give $40. :shock: :shock: I asked why so little and he said well you don't have a reciept so all we can do is Trade-in!! I think EB is finally starting to catch on to us.. better be careful guys... But I will take them to the one I got them at and Bring my reciept and get store credit there so it's all good.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']:( I took my games that I got (Wipeout and TM) to another EB from where I bought them and they said ok we'll give $40. :shock: :shock: I asked why so little and he said well you don't have a reciept so all we can do is Trade-in!! I think EB is finally starting to catch on to us.. better be careful guys... But I will take them to the one I got them at and Bring my reciept and get store credit there so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

well if you brought your games to another store without a receipt... what were you expecting?

the idea IS to exhange it back to any eb WITH YOUR RECEIPT!

catch on to US?
no.

catch on to some individual exchanging games without a receipt?
that's you.

use your receipt. better yet... use a gift receipt to get store credit.
that's the whole point!

lol

I went to eb, trade-in 6 PS2 GAMES (GAMERUSH B2G1) + 3 PS2 GAMES. I got ape escape, Wipeout, and twistal metal. I then walk to the otherside of the mall (there 2 EB's inside my mall), and trade 3 PSP for store credit $120.

6 PS2 GAME from B2G1 @ GR = $40
3 PS2 GAME = $20
---------------------------------------------
Total: $60
3 PSP GAMES - $120 Store Credit
Profit - $60

[quote name='joystickz']well if you brought your games to another store without a receipt... what were you expecting?

the idea IS to exhange it back to any eb WITH YOUR RECEIPT!

catch on to US?
no.

catch on to some individual exchanging games without a receipt?
that's you.

use your receipt. better yet... use a gift receipt to get store credit.
that's the whole point![/QUOTE]

Well see the thing is, I would've but you guys got the idea AFTER I already traded it in, this was done last tuesday or something, but I'm going to do another run right now I'll be back later ot tell all of my good doings..

n00b poster here. Just wanted to comment that I love my EB. I outlined my plan to trade in 3 games for one of the select 8 titles and then trade it back in for store credit to get Ridge Racer, and the lady behind the counter said, "Yeah, I don't see why you couldn't. That's a good idea!" I didn't have to get a gift receipt and come back the next day or anything :D Ridge Racer for $3 = Awesome.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well see the thing is, I would've but you guys got the idea AFTER I already traded it in, this was done last tuesday or something, but I'm going to do another run right now I'll be back later ot tell all of my good doings..[/QUOTE]
Just stop while you're ahead...You are gonna end up runing any other chance I have at doing this deal in this town...Tell your mom to stop driving you around because more deserving people need to get in on this deal.

I just completed this offer successfully. About a week ago, I traded in six games (some from the Circuit City sale, others from a large lot of games I bought from a friend on the cheap) for Wipeout and Ape Escape. I returned with the games tonight and received not only the full $80 but an additional $7.32 tax! The latter was an unexpected bonus for me. Now I just need to find out what to buy... Do these gift cards work online?

Just another props back to the original poster. Outstanding work. Again, I regret not getting in on the JamPacks when they were good (ironically though, their tags still say they're PO, not POX). But I'm up 11 PSP games and received about $350 worth of credit spending about $400 dollars.

To help those who need it, here are some specific games I can confirm do work and can be had from EB themselves for 9.99 or less:

Bombastic (PS2)
Astrerix & Oblex (PS2)
Drome Racing (PS2)
XBox Exibition Disk vol7 (Xbox)
Future Tactics (Xbox)

And from BlockBuster for 12.99 or less (varies by store though, some have different pricing) and can be used B2G1

Hitman Contracts (PS2)
Hitman Contracts (Xbox)
Driv3r (PS2)

That should be enough to get anyone started before this deal runs out. Look for the others, there are lots of cheap games (less than $10) that qualify.

Back for more on Monday. Gotta get the rest of the launch titles...

[quote name='Renegade_Zero'].....I would've but you guys got the idea AFTER I already traded it in.....[/QUOTE]

did you even READ the original post?

i mentioned from day one that you could just exchange the sealed items with your receipts.

So I get Syphon Filter: Omega Strain, Hitman Contracts (PS2), Front Mission 4 (PS2), Outlaw golf: 9 more holes of xmas from Blockbuster. Bring it to EB, they open up the cases of the first 3 and say they're not eligible because there's no manual. I ask about Outlaw Golf (which did have the manual) and he says its not eligible, and I'd probably get 50 cents for it. wtf. I assume Blockbusters never include the manual with their preplayed games, so how exactly did this work for everyone else?

[quote name='pete5883']So I get Syphon Filter: Omega Strain, Hitman Contracts (PS2), Front Mission 4 (PS2), Outlaw golf: 9 more holes of xmas from Blockbuster. Bring it to EB, they open up the cases of the first 3 and say they're not eligible because there's no manual. I ask about Outlaw Golf (which did have the manual) and he says its not eligible, and I'd probably get 50 cents for it. wtf. I assume Blockbusters never include the manual with their preplayed games, so how exactly did this work for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, go to another EB or try to get another employee on a different day. It works, just depends how picky the store is.

[quote name='joystickz']did you even READ the original post?

i mentioned from day one that you could just exchange the sealed items with your receipts.[/QUOTE]

I mean with the gift reciepts...

[quote name='pete5883']So I get Syphon Filter: Omega Strain, Hitman Contracts (PS2), Front Mission 4 (PS2), Outlaw golf: 9 more holes of xmas from Blockbuster. Bring it to EB, they open up the cases of the first 3 and say they're not eligible because there's no manual. I ask about Outlaw Golf (which did have the manual) and he says its not eligible, and I'd probably get 50 cents for it. wtf. I assume Blockbusters never include the manual with their preplayed games, so how exactly did this work for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

I had the blockbuster cashier open each case until I she found non scratched games and instructions. Let me tell you, she was not happy, but she did it and was nice about it.

The guy in EB didn't even look at the discs for scratches. I was shocked.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I mean with the gift reciepts...[/QUOTE]

gift receipts only speed things up.

why on earth you went there even without normal receipts is beyond me....

what is it were you expecting taking two sealed games unreceipted?

[quote name='rvr2k3']The guy in EB didn't even look at the discs for scratches. I was shocked.[/QUOTE]
But he did look for instructions? Have most other people been trading in without instructions?

I've always made sure that the games I buy at Blockbuster have instructions. Usually if they don't have it in the case they'll be more than happy to try and find one for you from one of their other copies. It definetely makes trading them in other places much easier.

[quote name='joystickz']gift receipts only speed things up.

why on earth you went there even without normal receipts is beyond me....

what is it were you expecting taking two sealed games unreceipted?[/QUOTE]

I forgot it at home maybe?

[quote name='t65will']Is "Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas" not working anymore? I tried it today and it was rejected.[/QUOTE]

O damn are you sure? like did he put it in and tell you it's not good for the deal? or just reject it? Like did they even attemp to scan it at all?

I found one copy of xmas golf today at BB and did the trade no problems.

And I've also been trading a few games with no covers, a few with no manuals and like 2 without either and all the EB around me took them.

[quote name='t65will']Is "Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas" not working anymore? I tried it today and it was rejected.[/QUOTE]

Outlaw Golf : 9 more Holes worked for me today at 2 different EBs. I gave the clerk at the first store 2 of them and at first he was going to deny them, but they were not busy and I convinced him to try it. They rang up with no problems.

Then I gave one to the clerk at the 2nd store and he was ringing up my games, talking the whole time about how these had to be on the exclusion list and shaking his head like, "this guy has no idea what he's talking about, we don't accept these on this deal." So after he rang them up for a whopping $3.50 credit, he scanned the psp copy of NBA and his eyes got big and he told me I owed $3.20 for tax. It was great! Thanks OP!

Other games I traded in with the 3 outlaw golfs were RE: Code Veronica, Conflict Desert Storm x2, Crash Twinsanity, and Driv3r (all PS2).

Going back tomorrow with 3x 9more Holes, Metal Arms, Conflict Desert Storm and another Driv3r. I should've been doing this ages ago! Again, big props for this deal!

I was just rejected from 3 different EBs, but Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot worked.. strange. Since I bought 3 copies of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas, I gave-in, and took .25 store credit for one opened copy, which was placed on my Gift Card, which I could use online.. my way of saying thanks to the stores. Also my copy of Mortal Kombat: DA *PROMO* got rejected because the clerk behind the counter said he "didn't have the codes" to get it in, along with Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas. I'm going out of town to try again at a different EB.

If you miss out on this deal . . . there will be others.

They often run the trade 5 in for $50 deal.

Over the holidays they had 4 for a $50 game. I did it 4 times with cheap TRU stuff (ave $3 games) and bought Steel Battalion as a treat.

I picked up 6 manhunts, 6 hitmans, and 3 alias for b2g1 free at blockbuster. So i ended up with 5 psp games for around 100 bucks, and sold them on ebay for $200. Ended up making a $100 for nothing lol. Does xmas outlaw golf work or not???? Cause i can get about 7 of those bad boys for 2.99 with b2g1 free.

I'm out of cash :( I have $90 in EB credit at the moment but I wanna get B2G1 at BB before its over and the deal ends this week at EB.. Looks like I'll have to skip some lunches....

bread's done
Back