Did you vote today?

[quote name='Deiji']Question: I heard that when you sign up for the Secret Service, which is something you have to do, that you're registering to vote at the same time. Is that true, or do you have to do it another way?[/quote]secret service? dont you mean that army thing when you turn 18? if so I dont think its at the same time. well you probably can do it at the same time but it isn't the same form.

[quote name='Deiji']Question: I heard that when you sign up for the Secret Service, which is something you have to do, that you're registering to vote at the same time. Is that true, or do you have to do it another way?[/QUOTE]

"Selective Service", and there should be an option on the form to register to vote.

These campaign commercials are funny:

"Candidate A supports Bush, vote Candidate B!"

Candidate A responds to this, "CANDIDATE B RAPES CHILDREN... oh yea and he stole tax dollahs."

[quote name='help1']These campaign commercials are funny:

"Candidate A supports Bush, vote Candidate B!"

Candidate A responds to this, "CANDIDATE B RAPES CHILDREN... oh yea and he stole tax dollahs."[/QUOTE]

That's why I hate elections. Every other commercial on TV is one candidate bashing the other. It gets real old after a short while.

*dances*
Looks like Michigan remains almost all democratic! We also finally got rid of Affirmative Action which IMO is a good thing...its bad in the short term but long term awsome!

Reality's Fringe;2346431 said:
"Selective Service", and there should be an option on the form to register to vote.

Wow I just realized I spelled it like that...

Granted I don't think I'd be able to vote if I were in the Secret Service since I'd prolly have let a few politicians die.

I dislike politics. Not sure why, but I just do.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Voted in the primaries in September, not voting today. I am registered in RI and I'm in OH. I suppose I could have gotten an absentee ballot, but I didn't. The general election doesn't really matter as much in RI as most other states, so it's not a huge deal. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Is that why MSNBC and Fox News has talked about the RI Senator race numberous times today.

Some people... :roll:

People's misplaced faith in modern government amazes me.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']I voted but Granwhore still won for Michigan governor and the only good thing that came out of it was banning affirmative action.[/QUOTE]

Beats devos who just would screw us over.

Devos know how to run a business and knows what they want to keep them here plus he said he wouldn't take the goveners pay so that money could go into the schools that Granwhore likes to close.

What she need to do with all that money shes taking out of my paycheck is go get those damn moles cut off of her face.

But I guess I can't ask for to much since most of the people in this state don't look at the real fact and only what letter is after their name I guess I can't be to surprized, I just hope before the next election people who voted based on a letter grow a brain.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']Devos know how to run a business and knows what they want to keep them here plus he said he wouldn't take the goveners pay so that money could go into the schools that Granwhore likes to close.

What she need to do with all that money shes taking out of my paycheck is go get those damn moles cut off of her face.

But I guess I can't ask for to much since most of the people in this state don't look at the real fact and only what letter is after their name I guess I can't be to surprized, I just hope before the next election people who voted based on a letter grow a brain.[/QUOTE]

Considering that so far Republicans have screwed us over everytime they have gotten in office giving all our money to war and bussiness(why would devos need a paycheck whenever he will make laws to benefit his company and friends companies)why the hell should we trust them. You talk about Granholm closing schools but really what it is is that Republicans fighting this damn war as well as shit like Enron and the Tax cuts ran through money which caused lack of funding for more important stuff like schools, social security and some kind of a health plan. Granholm didnt close schools...the lack of funding Michigan had did.

There are some great Republicans and some horrible democrats. But in general this is the case. Dems take a bit of money for themselves from iffy sources....but republicans rape us and take every chance to fill their pockets and promote their views.

Honestly, as I said before...id rather have someone taking a little money from the teachers union or working for them for smaller changes....then someone cutting school funding as a whole, killing after school programs, cutting social security and basically ruining America for anyone but the rich.

I'll I did to base my vote is look at whats happened since she took office

-Worst economy in the nation
-More schools close then I've ever heard about before.
-Shes for abortion even though she says shes personally against it.
-Highest unemployment rate in I don't know how many years.

I didn't vote for him because he was a republican I voted because looking at the job she did I see more bad than good.

I also want to point out that even though shes trying to take credit for bringing Google here The owner is from Lansing and he wanted to be close to the place he grew up.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']I'll I did to base my vote is look at whats happened since she took office

-Worst economy in the nation
-More schools close then I've ever heard about before.
-Shes for abortion even though she says shes personally against it.
-Highest unemployment rate in I don't know how many years.

I didn't vote for him because he was a republican I voted because looking at the job she did I see more bad than good.

I also want to point out that even though shes trying to take credit for bringing Google here The owner is from Lansing and he wanted to be close to the place he grew up.[/QUOTE]

Ermmmm it has nothing to do with her coming into office. Its more about the fact that

1. We are at war
2. Reps are dumping money into this war
3. Michigan was built around the automotive industry as well as general production. We are not a farming state, we are not a state that depends on entertainment, technology or any other. We were automotive and other factory jobs. Those jobs have been moved to places like India and China(largly by people like Dick Devos)because we were paying our workers like $30 an hour, there companies like Ford can pay them litterally a 5th or less then that.

Granholm came into office under horrid conditions and a hostile president.....im not saying I like her. Im just saying it beats a man who stands with the big bussiness that has taken those Michigan jobs.

O and about Abortion. The thought of it turns my stomach and I truely hate it....yet if it came down to a vote id probally vote for it because I dont feel its my issue.

I like how the Base agument of Democrats is the war and just because Michigans economy was based on the automotive industry doesn't mean it can't find new ways to make it stronger.

Michigan has a LARGE farming industry seeing as how we export Apples, Cherries, and Corn.

Also what your saying about Abortion is the same as saying no one should do anything if someone kills a homeless guy in a alley. Its not like anyone will miss him. Just because its not born yet doesn't mean its right to kill it.

[quote name='Captain Spaulding']I like how the Base agument of Democrats is the war and just because Michigans economy was based on the automotive industry doesn't mean it can't find new ways to make it stronger.

Michigan has a LARGE farming industry seeing as how we export Apples, Cherries, and Corn.

Also what your saying about Abortion is the same as saying no one should do anything if someone kills a homeless guy in a alley. Its not like anyone will miss him. Just because its not born yet doesn't mean its right to kill it.[/QUOTE]

Yes we have farming but we are not a farming state per say, we were largly automotive and industrial and most of those bussiness are leaving. You cannot expect someone to replace millions of jobs without an effort or time. And the war played a HUGE factor. Whenever the war started I said eh its a silly war it wont effect us much...my mothers response was your only 20 you dont understand how bad this will be, it will effect more then the lives of those fighting or the country we are fighting with. I didnt believe that at the time....but this has prooved it, anytime we go to war prices sky rocket on everything.

The state of Michigan didnt drop to last overnight, it took time, more time then Grans had.

As for abortion thats not what I said. I said I hate the idea and I feel similar to how you do, however...I also dont feel its my issue to decide on.

bread's done
Back