Disgaea and R-type Final for PS2

Laughncat

CAG Veteran
HEy all,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get either of these games dirt cheap. Cheapest I've seen R-type going for is 19.99. As for Disgaea, it still seems to be going strong at 49.99 in my area :x

Any help would be appreciated.

-Laughncat 1

exactly how much cheaper do you want R-type final to be? Its well worth $19.99

Lol...As cheap as I can get it. Ideally I want to pick both it up and maybe something else. That way, when it starts kicking my ass, I can just turn it off and play the other game for awhile so I won't bust my controller in a fit of rage :p

Hmmm...Maybe I should consider Champions of Norrath or Midnight Club 2...

Anyway, anybody got any input on Disgaea? Or am I jsut screwed if I want it cheap/

I'd be amazed to see Disgaea new for less that $45 at the lowest. Same for La Pucelle. They don't press a tremendous amount, Atlus doesn't do nationwide drops and they're in demand.

Disgaea & La Pucelle is $44.99 Each at local Ebgames ($5 off when you buy any PS2 game over $39.99 or more)

The coupon in Ebgames Catalog (check it out on Page 27)

note that what he speaks of is PO. Both are very YMMV on those. I haven't seen a Disgaea come through my store for about 6 months. Never seen a La Pucelle come through.

You can get Disgaea for $36 used at EB if you bring in the 20% off coupon that you can win from playing that stupid game on ebgames.com.

If you combine your GMR card if you have one) discount (10%) with the 20% off coupon, it'll be $31 and some change before taxes.

I appreciate all the help, everybody. I didn't know that it was possible to win a free 20% off code from EB games, so I'm going to try that sometime today. What game is it though? Do you have a link for it?

I think I saw a Gamerush store in my area the other day, so I might try there too since I know I've got a few games I can trade in. Heh, to bad there's no real way to get a decent trade off of DVDS for games (or at least nopt in my experiance :cry: ). I've got a bunch of crappy anime DVDS to get rid of, but most of the stores in my area won't give more then two dollars for them (or at least it was that way when I did it a year ago...).

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and if anyone else has any bits of info to offer, I'll gladly accept it :p

Do you mean like a CD Warehouse? I know I've got one of those in my area...

Or do you mean another type of Warehouse store?

[quote name='Laughncat']I appreciate all the help, everybody. I didn't know that it was possible to win a free 20% off code from EB games, so I'm going to try that sometime today. What game is it though? Do you have a link for it?[/quote]

The game can be found here
http://games.streetwise.com/cash4ebgames/

You can get either a 4%, 10%, or 20% coupon based on your total score.

If you can't do it, then try and find one of
'Wshakspear' posts because he has the 2o% off coupon in his gallery.

Ahh They claim that Disgaea and La Pucelle were made with a limited print run, and thats why they probably won't drop in price, but you never know.

cheers!
Havok

La Pucelle wasnt done by atlus though, it's from Mastiff, which seems the be a lesser company so they may have produced even fewer copies.

Wow..that game on the EB site does suck! The collision detection on it blows. The programmer needs to be shot. :evil:

I tried it for a bit and decided to just go to Wshakspear's gallery instead. It was so much simpler :p

[quote name='lordopus99']note that what he speaks of is PO. Both are very YMMV on those. I haven't seen a Disgaea come through my store for about 6 months. Never seen a La Pucelle come through.[/quote]

i guess i got lucky then b/c my eb has 4 used copies. 3 of them are in bad shape though :(

this is funny, i couldnt sleep so for the past hour i kept playing that stupid skateboard game until i got the 20 percent off. i finally got it and it says I need a printer to print the stupid thing out! It gave me the option of using a 20 percent off code for the online store, if any of you want that, pm me, it has to be used by july 3, 2004 and i wont use it by then

bread's done
Back