DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

lol, I gotta fever x 5 today. I didnt kno what I was doing tho...

I think I figured it out tho, read something about it at gamefaqs

Mine finally came in today, and it has a nice sparkely cover! Now I gotta decide whether to put down Puzzle Quest to play this or not.

[quote name='ahou']im about to break lvl 17, just started on 5b to unlock songs for use in freestyle. i put in my 4b ranking passwork just for kicks, ranked at an abyssmal #816 haha :lol:

the fever system is a nice addition but I usually get a break while trying to hit X during a stream of notes on 5b an 6b. Trying to get used to using the R shoulder button as the fever button.

also stumbled across this on the Gamefaqs boards, nb rangers live in store and on street advertising campaign lol

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=15379&main=psp[/quote]
Yea, I tried fever w/ x button for a little while, and that was a HUGE no go.

Since I was using the R shoulder already for 4B, it was pretty easy to get used to. I just tend to start button mashing whenever I hit the fever button though, I don't wanna see breaks, breaks are baaaaaaddd >.>

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, I gotta fever x 5 today. I didnt kno what I was doing tho...

I think I figured it out tho, read something about it at gamefaqs[/quote]

GAH, I'm always close to getting x5, and right before it fills up, the fever dissapears :(

It's been getting on my nerves >..>

I donno how I got x5 tho, I kinda figured out the system but I gotta x4 last nite...

what I noticed, at x4 fever status goes away real quick,

so does that mean your bar fills up faster as you are engaged in a fever combo???

I did discover that your regular note combo does multiply by your fever level,

I wonder if that helps increase your bar faster???

Ok, I got the game today. Having fun with it, but don't understand a couple things. One is what are those options at the top when you choose a song? They look like different effects. Do those affect your score or something and what do they do? Also what happens when I level up?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ok, I got the game today. Having fun with it, but don't understand a couple things. One is what are those options at the top when you choose a song? They look like different effects. Do those affect your score or something and what do they do? Also what happens when I level up?[/QUOTE]

Level ups unlock new shit.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ok, I got the game today. Having fun with it, but don't understand a couple things. One is what are those options at the top when you choose a song? They look like different effects. Do those affect your score or something and what do they do? Also what happens when I level up?[/QUOTE]lol, those options are standards for almost any type of rhythm games,

the most important one being speed, which affects the speed the notes fall down. It's often to one's advantage to set the speed at more than 1x becoz it separates the appearance of the notes making them easier to read.

other options are things like fade (note fade away before reaching your base), sudden (notes do not appear falling from the top, but rather from the middle-ish), random/mirror (randomizes/mirrors the notes) and other type options of the such.

Yea, I don't mess with any of em but the speed.

If I feel like getting a laugh out of the game or just torturing myself, then I'll throw in the other effects :D

In other news, I hit x5 yesterday :D
I was close to filling up the bar again, I wonder if there is a x6 :whistle2:k

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, I don't mess with any of em but the speed.

If I feel like getting a laugh out of the game or just torturing myself, then I'll throw in the other effects :D

In other news, I hit x5 yesterday :D
I was close to filling up the bar again, I wonder if there is a x6 :whistle2:k[/quote] i only mess with the speed too, putting in the other effects could be good practice for challege mode i suppose.

5x fever is as high as it will go, get fever at 5x and it will just stay at 5x. found that out while putting the difficulty on easy to get the 100% accuracy discs :lol:

also at the time of this post, play-asia has silver orpheus packages in stock!:hot:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-70-1v1u.html

Pssshhh, I can't play this while people even talk to me (w/ 5-6-8B only)

I'll give the drive-thru a shot :D, granted the In-n-Out burger is backed up as it usually is around lunch time ;O

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh yea, anyone with a LE get a blue/green mask?

I have pink, red, and yellow. I'm lookin to collect all 5 :D[/quote]

Needle in a hay stack?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'll give the drive-thru a shot :D, granted the In-n-Out burger is backed up as it usually is around lunch time ;O[/QUOTE]lol that's where I was trying to play it~!!!!

but it was dinner tho, after coming home from the arcade

[quote name='ZForce']What is this game like? I never played the DJ Max games, but everyone keeps raving about this one, so I'm curious.[/QUOTE]
Beatmania IIDX

[quote name='FurryCurry']Needle in a hay stack?[/quote]

I can still try, doesn't anyone wish to pitch a mask in? I know you guys wont use em ;O heh heh

[quote name='JEKKI']lol that's where I was trying to play it~!!!!

but it was dinner tho, after coming home from the arcade[/quote]

eh?!? What city are you in? I was gonna try after coming back from a local arcade as well O_O, it's actually in the mall right next to In-N-Out

somehow I liked the first one better. The 2nd one is pretty meh. Though at least they give you the option to not stretch the videos like a mofo and put the bar on the side like beatmania.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']eh?!? What city are you in? I was gonna try after coming back from a local arcade as well O_O, it's actually in the mall right next to In-N-Out[/QUOTE]In-n-Out city was lancaster :(

but the arcade is Family Fun Arcade in granada hills, an hour away

but yeah, the first one is better in regards to the music,

but this game has fever mode, and a much better level-up/bonus unlocking system,

plus challenge and 5 button mode!

I only wish the music selection had more Dig Jelly

The first probably has a better music selection, but after playing the songs out hundreds of times, I like the DMP 2 songs a lot.

Ahh Jekki, my In-N-Out is in burbank, gonna stop by there today ;)

Divine Service annoys me, I'm doing fine right up til the end, then they throw a butt load of notes at me and I end up breaking at least twice. The song kind of slows me down in my reaction then gives me a roundhouse of notes to hit :/

Heck, I have a better chance of not breaking on Brain Storm

At least other songs are friggin consistent >.>

Man, this game is great! I think playing the earlier songs at 2x speed made me a lot better at this game. Now that I can actually play well enough, it's gotten a lot more fun. I unlocked my first media!

Yatta!

so i downloaded the psp demo today and got spanked! i did better at 2x, but gosh i can't even get through the song. i guess it's only 5B though so maybe if i can practice till my game gets here from playasia i'll be able to get through some songs at 4B :roll:

Ahh don't worry.

When you get the game, it won't be that hard at first, but once you start to move on up....

I'm having one helluva time trying to get max combo's on some higher lvl songs :/
It's odd because I just start hitting everything 100% Max, but then my finger just stops and I get a break. I have no friggin' clue why my fingers do that >:O, I might have to bring them in for warranty repair >.>

yeay rite the worst is when the psp begins to slip outta your hand.

it's like wtf where r u going?!?!?1

anyway now my favorite song is A Lie.

I gotta ringtone it soon~!! was gonna do it last nite but it got too late.

damn dat song's been stuck in my head since I woke up too

The one stuck in my head is Divine Service.

I also liked the last part of Negative Nature (I think that's the name), I wasn't expecting it to change to that kind of tune, I was like woaahh, that's cool.

Another thing that annoys me is when I'm playing and I'm just nailing all the notes, then someone drops by and starts talking to me or asks me something. All I yell out it go away or just continue, but sometimes it throws me off then I look up a glare at them...O_O...glaaaarreeeeee o_O o_O

[quote name='JEKKI']yeay rite the worst is when the psp begins to slip outta your hand.

it's like wtf where r u going?!?!?1
[/QUOTE]

I literally loled when I read that.

decided to see what my 5B ranking was for kicks, I ended up #728 haha

That's the mode I least play ;O

I suppose there's no ranking for 4B eh?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']decided to see what my 5B ranking was for kicks, I ended up #728 haha

That's the mode I least play ;O

I suppose there's no ranking for 4B eh?[/quote] I thought that too at first but you gotta use IE to check those rankings out. When using firefox (assuming you're using it), the dj search thing covers the 4b link.

So a couple days ago I decided to take the plunge and attempt to get 99,999 combo. Slowly but surely, after many cycles of basically the same songs, mixing a few 5b with majority of 4b. I finally made the mark and then some! Sucks that the combo got killed from my stupid hands somehow moving the power switch to hold after choosing a song :roll:

unlocked other stuff but the main prize of the whole ordeal was the white gear. Pretty nice stats

whew, getting the combo was one of those things where it was fun but I'd probably never do it again lol :lol:

I'd like to know how you got that screenshot from your psp :O

After about 2 1/2 weeks, my poster finally came in. I pop it out of the tube, lo and behold, one corner is bent and there are some bends on the edges...

First my LE sets now this....this makes me sad :'(

Wow, I shoulda been playin this on Easy a lot sooner to grab the 100% discs >.>

I just decided to see how it was, and I'll be damned if it's harder to get 90% Max than 100% haha

[quote name='Chacrana']I Finally Unlocked 8 Button Mode[/quote]

Hah, I unlocked it over a month ago! I win!

j/k :p

You know what's annoying? 99.9% completion offa one of the last notes...

Brain Storm is kicking my ass...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'd like to know how you got that screenshot from your psp :O
[/quote] i'm running on dark alex's 3.03 OE custom firmware and there is a an extension you can download to take screens by pressing the music note button either in game or at the psp XMB

i still haven't unlocked 8b, I usually play during breaks between classes but most of em are now sticking all the hard work at the end of the term, so no time these days, but its not like I really want to play that mode lol

using the white gear sure has downsides for its stats, not so much on 4b but on 6b the notes are fairly crunched together and pretty small, a litte more tough on the eyes. the gear interface is pretty much resembles a psp

damn I jus havent been in the 'mood' to play this game recenently.

I can even beat a lot of lvl6 songs on 6 key....

it's okay. One day I'll be like "yo, I feel like playing sum dj max" and everything will be okay again!

[quote name='ahou']i'm running on dark alex's 3.03 OE custom firmware and there is a an extension you can download to take screens by pressing the music note button either in game or at the psp XMB

i still haven't unlocked 8b, I usually play during breaks between classes but most of em are now sticking all the hard work at the end of the term, so no time these days, but its not like I really want to play that mode lol

using the white gear sure has downsides for its stats, not so much on 4b but on 6b the notes are fairly crunched together and pretty small, a litte more tough on the eyes. the gear interface is pretty much resembles a psp[/quote]

Ahh I see, you have link for the extension DL? I won't bother browsing for it b/c I'll start looking at all the other add-ons n' such and waste hours upon hours browsing ;P

I haven't been in the mood either :/, I think it's b/c I'm playing a lot of resistance and Resident Evil now :O

not in the mood my ass~!!!

I wouldnt be too much in the mood either if I was level 87 or something -_-

but since I seem to suck a lot at this game, I been practicing full comboing songs in 4B.

what I hate is songs u kno u can FC, but u gotta play thru them a few times coz they're a bit harder, but the song sucks~!!!

like, ShowTime is lvl 8 but that song sounds awful~!!! I wonder how many times it'll take me to either FC it or to realize I cant do it at the moment.

I had to play taekwonburi a few times to get it, mother freak bak bak, bak, bak bak bak, bak bak, bak bak, bak bak, bak bak, bak bak BREEEEEEE~~~!!!

there's also songs that I kno I can FC but I cant do it yet coz of that ONE part that messes me up!!!

Divine Service is one, I get like 2 breaks from the part that goes

Code:
|

I believe I made a rant towards Divine Service as well earlier in the thread.

What's cool is when I get into the music, all the notes go slower; Like a matrix-esque thing.

After I finish the song, I wonder - "where was that part that gave me so much trouble? This was easy ;)"

Showtime and Taekwonburi make me want to cry their so terrible >XO

Brain Storm is annoying in the beginning, but it becomes bearible later into the song.

6B is fun, but once I hit a lapse in "note nailing", it's over :/

Blythe is so much fun in 6B ^^b!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahh I see, you have link for the extension DL? I won't bother browsing for it b/c I'll start looking at all the other add-ons n' such and waste hours upon hours browsing ;P
[/quote] haha i did the same thing while researching about upgrading from 1.5 to custom firmware but anyway heres the direct link to the screenshot thing

played through some of the mission challenges, just passed "memory of the past" was a fun one, 5b need to score over 2,300,000 and fever 5x per stage. got FC on all the songs and still barely passed it :lol:

having a tough time with "rave 2 wave" mainly because of that wave effect and then when activating fever the speed sometimes goes too slow then activate it again and it goes way too fast, a lot of crap to deal with. Also "mental storm" because of the fader being set to blink. By the time i get my fever bar up to disable the blink effect, my two autos are used up. getting a 3700 combo makes it seem impossible, unless I memorize the notecharts :roll:

Yeaaa, a lot of these missions are a pain in the ass.

I hate reverse track :/

Have you completed "-1" mission?

Thnx for the link

just passed "-1" today never tried it before because I was pretty intimidated by the fact that its one break you lose but to me the only part that was hard was that one mass stream before the end of stay with me. Having autos help a great deal, probably would have lost on rockka a doodle doo.

for reverse track, I would button mash to the beat until a 5 combo and the gear goes back to normal then try not to break for the rest of the mission.

dood I hate 5 key,

becoz of the missions if u wanna beat them it's like u HAVE to play it, and get good at it

but if u try to play 6 key after that it's a disaster!!!!!

anyway today I took a break from listening to rap and burned a cdr of the Kan Mi Youn album from korea, and I filled the extra space up w/ dj max songs from both games.

after so much time, the DJ Max 2 songs have become real good n awesome, pretty comparable to the songs in the 1st game

but the best songs in part 2 still arent as good as the worst of the best songs in part 1.

at least I think so, I never put too much effort into listening to the game's music other than my favorites

DJ MAX PORTABLE CONCERT SHEEYIT YO~!!

ruliweb_djc_14.jpg

info links w pics and words n stuff:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/listen-up/dj-max-portable-live-in-concert-259243.php

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=15428

Man....I know a couple people in Korea, and I work with Koreans.

I would've looked for a way to get to this concert, but I just didn't have time.

Half the crowd had cameras up haha, bet those chicks were t3h hotness, hubba hubba *_*

It would've been nice to hear what the songs sound like in a live concert.

The only other concerts I'd like to attend related to a game would be for Guilty Gear. They'd be rippin on the guitars big time.

I know this isn't the trading forum, but if anyone wants my copy of this that I've barely played, I can let it go for $37 shipped (complete).

Edit: Sold

Sorry to bump this old thread but I felt it wasn't worth it to create a new thread for this, especially in the Video Game Deals forum. Anyways, The Limited Edition box sets are up at Play-Asia right now for $150 each without shipping. Don't know how long this will last and I just recieved it this morning in Play-Asia's newsletter.

Night Black
Metallic Silver

Thought that maybe someone may be interested in it seeing as how if I remember correctly the pre-orders only lasted something like 24 hours for these things.

[quote name='Draekon']Sorry to bump this old thread but I felt it wasn't worth it to create a new thread for this, especially in the Video Game Deals forum. Anyways, The Limited Edition box sets are up at Play-Asia right now for $150 each without shipping. Don't know how long this will last and I just recieved it this morning in Play-Asia's newsletter.

Night Black
Metallic Silver

Thought that maybe someone may be interested in it seeing as how if I remember correctly the pre-orders only lasted something like 24 hours for these things.[/quote]

No way....

So a funny thing happened... I tried the demo for this game again, and after a dozen tries or so, beat the song. Pretty fun, but it seems that a game like this would be a lot harder to get used to than, say, Guitar Hero, Amplitude, or a rhythm game of that sort, since it's kind of hard to mentally line up which button corresponds to which column. And the right arrow/square combination column makes things hard to keep straight. But I will probably pick one of them up eventually.

[quote name='Draekon']Sorry to bump this old thread but I felt it wasn't worth it to create a new thread for this, especially in the Video Game Deals forum. Anyways, The Limited Edition box sets are up at Play-Asia right now for $150 each without shipping. Don't know how long this will last and I just recieved it this morning in Play-Asia's newsletter.

Night Black
Metallic Silver

Thought that maybe someone may be interested in it seeing as how if I remember correctly the pre-orders only lasted something like 24 hours for these things.[/QUOTE]yeay I saw those earlier this week but was too lazy to bump this topic.

but I think they're also selling the puzzle stand-alone! I think I wanna buy that to kill my free time

(yeay rite, like I got free time anymore)

bread's done
Back