[DOA] GTA:San Andreas is $19.99 at EBgames!!!!!

KHC: You are very lucky if this goes through(which I think it will). You do owe me some thanks as I started this whole thread!!!! Did you get two DS's?

According to the EBGames.com rep I have on the phone, the problem exists with the product search page, not the actual product page for the items in question.

When you find the item(s) and click on the link for the product, the right price comes up for GTA: San Andreas and for DOA:U, though X-Men Legends doesn't come up at all.

Plus, the supervisor I spoke with said they're taking it down in a couple of minutes to fix it. :lol:

EVERYTHING comes up as $19.99 on the search page.

[quote name='Bastion']KHC: You are very lucky if this goes through(which I think it will). You do owe me some thanks as I started this whole thread!!!! Did you get two DS's?[/quote]

thanks man, i was all too exicted to post updates and forgot to give thanks, sorry

i think they will call EB and make sure their current price on that item and reject you right in front of your face! :)save yourself a trip!!

i dont think they will price match with just the search and not the actual product page. Plus they usually call the store and ask the price

Guys, don't get ahead of yourself. I will be shocked and surprised if they honor this. Also, are you guys printing off pages from the search page? I don't know how well that would fly.

can someone post a page saying 19.99 for a DS or any game that was a good deal for 19.99 like fable. so i can try to price match.

[quote name='pumba']can someone post a page saying 19.99 for a DS or any game that was a good deal for 19.99 like fable. so i can try to price match.[/quote]

You'd be wasting your time. No one is going to match $19.99 on a DS, and it is unlikely that they'd do it for any of the games.

[quote name='Bastion']KHC: You are very lucky if this goes through(which I think it will)...[/quote]

Haha....don't count on it. 8)

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='pumba']can someone post a page saying 19.99 for a DS or any game that was a good deal for 19.99 like fable. so i can try to price match.[/quote]

You'd be wasting your time. No one is going to match $19.99 on a DS, and it is unlikely that they'd do it for any of the games.[/quote]

Even if they did, some stores would have to honor the 110% price difference...You could probably get it for free almost :p

When I called them to play bad cop with the "WTF is with this bait-and-switch crap, give it to me at the price you're listing or I'm calling the BBB on your asses", the superivsor seemed a little touchy, especially when I told him about the $19.99 DS. :lol:

They found the mistake before I called him, I just wanted to see if he'd cave on giving me GTA:SA, DOA:U and X:Men Legends for $19.99 each. :shock: No such luck.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like they really need to fill this position:
http://www.ebholdings.com/eb_careers/position.asp?position=223

I should probably post this in its own thread, in case someone is really interested.[/quote]

Should we add in the following additional job requirements:

* Able to deal with sneaky CAG'ers who will be happy to get $50 games for $20

* Keep a constant, low-profile presence on the following websites:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com
(CAG ripoffsite #1)
(CAG ripoffsite #2)
http://www.fatwalletblows.com
http://www.fatwalletwishestheywereasgoodasCAG.com

* Do project plans for website usage to increase 1000% when gaming specials are posted on CAG website

* Create big red button on EBGames.com customer service order screen, that shuts down the entire EBGames.com website, labelled "CAG Alert"

* Create auto-search engine to find reference to "EBGames.com AND deal AND CAG" anywhere on Internet

* Set up direct email to President of EB Holdings when EBGames.com information is posted to CAG, sending message via email, fax, pager and cellphone

I'm sure those job duties should be added to the job posting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the funniest thread ever.
If you think or actually go through with trying to price match a DS for 19.99, do yourself a favor and hit yourself in the face HARD.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I called them to play bad cop with the "WTF is with this bait-and-switch crap, give it to me at the price you're listing or I'm calling the BBB on your asses", the superivsor seemed a little touchy, especially when I told him about the $19.99 DS. :lol: [/quote]

Number one it's not a bait-and-switch, and number two, if you did call the BBB, nothing would happen, and EB knows that and thus doesn't care. They are well within their rights to refuse to honor that price.

Man you guys are in luck. I really want the DS for 19.99.
There is a good chance they will honor it. I preordered Def Jam Fight for NewYork way back in March when they had it for mistake with $19.99 preorder, I preordered 10 of them. And today I receive confirmation email saying my 10 Def Jam is on its way ($19.99 each). They are the best site that honor their mistake. I never hear any problem saying they don't honor their mistake.

EB has the right to not honor what was obviously a glitch and mistake.

Ever make a mistake before and edited your post because of a factual error/something you said?

[quote name='Requiem']EB has the right to not honor what was obviously a glitch and mistake.

Ever make a mistake before and edited your post because of a factual error/something you said?[/quote]

No. Never. I don't make mistakes, I never need to edit my posts because whatever I say the first time is perfect.

Edit: actually scratch that, I guess it's happened a few times...

[quote name='miriamleo']Man you guys are in luck. I really want the DS for 19.99.
There is a good chance they will honor it. I preordered Def Jam Fight for NewYork way back in March when they had it for mistake with $19.99 preorder, I preordered 10 of them. And today I receive confirmation email saying my 10 Def Jam is on its way ($19.99 each). They are the best site that honor their mistake. I never hear any problem saying they don't honor their mistake.[/quote]

No, they won't honor it. Shut up.

[quote name='mmn']Anyone who expects to actually get GTA : SA or a DS for $19.99 is an idiot.[/quote]

Hmm, my copy of DJFFNY that I got for $19.99 from Ebgames.com says you're the idiot :lol:

Assumption leads to ignorance, remember this, remember it well...

BTW when has EBgames.com ever not honored one of their mistakes? I think everyone's just jealous that theyu didn't get in on the deal, so they're just nay-saying.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

BTW when has EBgames.com ever not honored one of their mistakes? I think everyone's just jealous that theyu didn't get in on the deal, so they're just nay-saying.[/quote]

Around 2 years ago, there was some promotion that was $10 off each $50 PS2 game when you spend $100 or more but instead it took off $10 off each PS2 game when you spent $100 or more. People were ordering $5 Jampacks and $10 games and getting the stuff for free basically. They cancelled all the orders.

And then there was that $0.09 set of used games a few months ago they all cancelled.

Even it they do get cancelled, it's still funny that many CAG got in on this. It shows that we help each other here on the site. That, and EB needs to tighten up their system.

Typographical Errors

In the event a product price is listed incorrectly due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our vendors, EB Games shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, EB Games will immediately credit your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='mmn']Anyone who expects to actually get GTA : SA or a DS for $19.99 is an idiot.[/quote]

Hmm, my copy of DJFFNY that I got for $19.99 from Ebgames.com says you're the idiot :lol:

Assumption leads to ignorance, remember this, remember it well...

BTW when has EBgames.com ever not honored one of their mistakes? I think everyone's just jealous that theyu didn't get in on the deal, so they're just nay-saying.[/quote]

They could possibly honor it, but it is unlikely. FFNY was an isolated incident, whereas everything on their site was coming up $20 in this case, so they could stand to lose a lot of money if they honor all of it. I don't think they will be willing to take the bath on the DS, that is just too much of a loss at one shot.

XBOX order cancel'd!

Order Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Method: Visa: XX .. XX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox Controller S (Item 219506)
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 1 Returned: 0 Total: $1.58

Game Zone 5.1 Speaker System (Item 222016)
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 1 Returned: 0 Total: $4.44

Xbox with Controller S (Item 235337)
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 1 Returned: 0 Total: $9.51

Xbox Live Starter Kit: Includes 12 Month Subscription (Item 238694)
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 1 Returned: 0 Total: $4.46

Xbox Performance Bundle (Item 520096)
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 1 Returned: 0 Total: $0.00

Subtotal: $0.00
Shipping: $6.99
Tax: $0.54
Total: $7.53

Won't be able to check my e-mail though to see if they gave any compensation. If they didn't I'll probably go through the whole "I'm the redneck family and you made my children cry cuz you cheated us" routine just to get that complimentary 5 dollar gift card.

Well it's been over 24 hours since I posted this and my Vice City order for $20 is still being honored. I really think they will honor games. Not so sure about the DS.

If they honor it, hey, that's awesome for you guys. My hangup is the flood of "I can't BELIEVE they cancelled my order!" topic/posts that usually comes from something like this, and just repeat the same sentiments ad nauseum.

I agree with you. Just think if they did. Man I wish I would have looked around a little more. I was so excited about GTA that I didn't even think to look for other price mistakes.

bread's done
Back