Does anyone get the sense that the PSP is dying a slow death?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dislike the idea of putting emulators on PSP, and sometimes I feel they don't deserve a PSP (only because that is piracy, and I'm completely against it). I want PSP to have strong software sales, and that hurt it early on. I have 40+ awesome UMD games on my PSP. I'm still far from having everything I want.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/05/09/sonys-david-reeves-admits-to-psp-drought/[/quote]

Umm you are aware many of us emulate games we own? I love playing some of my ps1 rpg's on psp when i'm on the go. I just wish i could figuire out how to get Parasite eve 1&2 to work on there, i might have to try again tonight and see if i can get em working.

Sony just pledged more first-party and third-party support...Crytek and Bioware are looking at the PSP, and as time goes on, more PS1 games will make their way to the PSP. We should hopefully see the PS Store on the PSP soon making the purchases much easier/convienent. Honestly, i think the PSP is just now hitting it's stride.

[quote name='Brian9824']Umm you are aware many of us emulate games we own? I love playing some of my ps1 rpg's on psp when i'm on the go. I just wish i could figuire out how to get Parasite eve 1&2 to work on there, i might have to try again tonight and see if i can get em working.[/QUOTE]

People bought the PSP thinking that they were going to be able to old school emulators on it. THe PSP would have had a better start if it had emulators in the beginning. At least it would have provided good software quickly. Rather than the straight PS2 ports PSP kept getting for almost a year.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dislike the idea of putting emulators on PSP, and sometimes I feel they don't deserve a PSP (only because that is piracy, and I'm completely against it). I want PSP to have strong software sales, and that hurt it early on. I have 40+ awesome UMD games on my PSP. I'm still far from having everything I want.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/05/09/sonys-david-reeves-admits-to-psp-drought/[/quote]

Deserve?

Sony put a Playstation emulator on the PSP. The same Sony that sells the PSP.

Also, it's not like Nintendo, Sega, NEC, ... are losing sales because one plays 20 year old games on their PSP that can't be purchased anymore.

[quote name='level1online']It is completely understandable how some folks have arrived to the conclusion that the PSP is dying.

check this out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/11/ready-at-dawn-talks-abandoning-the-psp-piracy-and-being-origin/

Honestly, I'm not bothered by this news. I strictly want to play 2-D games on my PSP. If I wanted to play 3-D games on a portable system, I'd get one of those Dell 13" screen XPS M1330 laptops.[/quote]

I liked Didier Malenfant's response to the question about piracy, as I completely agree.

With the PSP selling well in Japan and the US showing interest in the new PSP Slim, devs will and are jumping back on-board. It probably won't be until next year before we see their new games, but i expect some announcements at E3 this year.

[quote name='Artie Lange']Not to be an ass, but I'm hoping that it dies soon, and that a PSP 2 comes out with dual analog, at least 8gigs on board flash memory, brighter screen, and support for more video formats.[/quote]

Hate to dig up an old comment but.... That wish list would be awesome, but I think that would cost way to much. Sony is already bleeding from the ass with the PS3. That wish list would cost 350ish no way I would pay that for a portable system. I guess they could get it in for under 300 but it would be tough.

With Sony supposedly making a profit on the PSP, I don't think it's going to die any time soon. I just bought mine a month or so ago, and I've heard a lot of people doing the same recently. For me it was PSP or Xbox 360 and so far I'm convinced I picked the better value. I've got 18 games, all but 4 got for under 20 bucks. No way I could pull off that kind of selection for the same price on a 360/PS3.

[quote name='jkam']I really like the PSP but I'm getting the feeling that the PSP is failing. It seems that after Crisis Core and God of War the releases have once again died down. I'm hoping to see some good stuff at E3 but it seems like there really hasn't been much in terms of "news" for the system. I know it is selling really good in Japan but it seems if that is only directly related to Monster Hunter 2 being released. [/quote]

I think it depends on the person and what your interests are. For me, because imports on the PSP are not too expensive and the fact you can play imports on your PSP, I love the fact that you can have the best of both worlds in terms of gaming.

I can understand your point of view because I have friends who feel the same way (But then again, they feel the same with the DS and again, because I can play imports, enjoy games from Japan and here) but it all comes down to your preference of gaming and so far, I've put a lot of time into it and purchased a lot for it.

To me the PSP is not dying. While it has been a sleeping system it had a string of good games that came out for it over the years. While the old adopters have played the games the new adopters probably haven't and they could play games like Ratchet, Daxter, Portable Ops/Acid, Loco Roco, Lumines, Final Fantasy 1/2/War of the Lions, Jeanne d'Arc, God of War, Syphon Filter, and Tekken. This library should hold over new adopters until new games are made.

Agreeing with a post from earlier the PSP has no personality but because of that it has gotten some weirdly good games like Loco Roco, Work time Fun, Patapon. I like my PSP.

bread's done
Back