Dragonball GT Season 1 $20, Season 2 $25, Dragon Box 1 $32

awesome. I've been checking Dragon Box every day for price changes. There's a few sold by Warehouse deals for 27.99 too with minimal damage to the outerbox

I thought it over, but just decided to get the new one for $31.

I'm kicking myself now though because Overstock.com had Vol 2 (coming in Feb) for $35, but I procrastinated on ordering it. Now it's $51. It'll likely drop in price soon after it's release like the first one, but still.. :/

[quote name='ssjmichael']I thought it over, but just decided to get the new one for $31.

I'm kicking myself now though because Overstock.com had Vol 2 (coming in Feb) for $35, but I procrastinated on ordering it. Now it's $51. It'll likely drop in price soon after it's release like the first one, but still.. :/[/QUOTE]

Rightstuf has it in their "weekly specials" section for around the same price. And you'll probably get it a little early. They shipped out the first one a good week or two before release.

Nice deal. Already have these. Good stuff even though GT wasn't that good... it was fun nevertheless. Now all I need is Dragon Ball sets sometime... they are pretty expensive priced @ 45 each.... Need an entire shelf for the DBZ/DBGT sets :whistle2:D

great deal on the dragon box, i got it during lightning week for $29.99. I thought it was a steal at that price tag, but now it seems they are trying to get rid of it. Weird, its such a great box too!

Cool didn't know Dragonbox was even out. I found GT to be boring I attempted watching it about 3 times through out the series and could never get into it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Drool. Dragon Box. I should really buy that.[/QUOTE]

Even though I own all the "remastered" orange bricksets... I was able to get the Dragonbox Vol 1 @ amazon for 29 shipped a while ago. Good price for it. Now if I can somehow get the rest of the series at that price I'll be happy. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Greenboom98']Even though I own all the "remastered" orange bricksets... I was able to get the Dragonbox Vol 1 @ amazon for 29 shipped a while ago. Good price for it. Now if I can somehow get the rest of the series at that price I'll be happy. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing with the sets, they're pretty god damn nice.

Wow, I love Amazon Prime! I ordered my Dragon Box One set at 2:30PM yesterday, and it just arrived (11AM). I was going to just save it as a Christmas gift to myself since I have so much other stuff to watch, but I don't think I can wait that long. Plus there's always Vol. 2 for that!

The Dragon Box sets are basically the Japanese versions of the show. The sets were only available in Japan, but Funimation got them to shrink it down and released it here. It has Japanese openings and closings, and the primary language track is also Japanese. There's also an English track as well, but no music from the US versions. This set also comes with episodes 1-42, while the "orange brick" versions come with 1-39.

Besides that, they did a better job remastering this set than the other ones. The orange brick sets were converted to widescreen, which cut off a lot of the action (missing the top of heads in shots, etc...). They also messed with the colors from what I've seen. The orange brick sets do look more cleaned up, but that comes at a price.

The dragon box set looks amazing too. It comes with cool hardcover guide inside and everything.

Check out this unboxing video from Funimation, which basically sold me on the set a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3hkkvHuCGY

I'm still going to get all the Orange sets, but the Dragon Box is on my radar now.

Is that the one they were calling Dragon Ball Z Kai?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']No. Dragon Ball Kai is sort of completely different. They're taking all of DBZ and cutting it down to 100 episodes.[/QUOTE]

oooo ok.
So much. So confusing.

bread's done
Back