DRM for PSN games?

That really sucks. For me, XBL is soo much better for downloadable games. No tax, and points can be purchased at a discount if your smart. Steam is great too. PSN... not soo much.

Downloadable content on the PSN and on XBL each have its ups and downs. XBL is by no means perfect. It's easier to share content on the PS3, and Sony even encourages it. And there are plenty of DRM issues to deal with when it comes to MS, too.

Anyway, this would be annoyance, but I really don't see the big deal. My consoles are always connected to their respective networks. Why wouldn't they be, unless you don't have them hooked up to the internet? And in that case, how'd you download the game in the first place? Bring it to a friend's house? If you can afford a $200 or $300 console, figure out a way to get your console online.

[quote name='Puffa469']That really sucks. For me, XBL is soo much better for downloadable games. No tax, and points can be purchased at a discount if your smart. Steam is great too. PSN... not soo much.[/QUOTE]
psn is tax free if your smart....and games at 1/5 the cost....c'mon, don't tell me my free psn is not as good.

anyways, some games have a 24 hr lock, final fight had some form of that drm too. but yeah, i don't agree with this form of drm either!! my internet is slow and jankey, how does that work if my internet goes off while i'm playing?

Oh that's terrible - let's hope people don't buy the game so that the ugly "Ubisoft" DRM will never show up on the PS3 ever again. The X-Box 360 is definitely the better place to get digital distributed games out of the two consoles because you can always transfer the licenses yourself to a new 360 - Sony will only reset the 5 license limit once: not that I expect to be using up all those licenses.

[quote name='Loner Gamer']Oh that's terrible - let's hope people don't buy the game so that the ugly "Ubisoft" DRM will never show up on the PS3 ever again. The X-Box 360 is definitely the better place to get digital distributed games out of the two consoles because you can always transfer the licenses yourself to a new 360 - Sony will only reset the 5 license limit once: not that I expect to be using up all those licenses.[/QUOTE]
^^^I have to disagree....but I'm not gonna get into what would seem like a fanboy war in a thread that doesn't need it.

I will say just one thing though: How CAN'T you transfer you licenses yourself on a PS3?!?!?! Yes you can only do it 5 times but does one expect to own 5 ps3's?? And on that note of licenses....how do you gameshare on a 360 where in the end you pay $2 for a $10 game?

Down with the DRM of this sorts on consoles!! I would have never bought final fight if I knew it had it

The short of it is PSN easily outperforms Live but Sony is not above making mistakes. This may not even be a Sony issue but more a Capcom one. I reported this to a couple sites and thankfully prevented a few sales in hopes Cap removes it. Shame too because I loved the first and was looking forward to this one. DRM nonsense is why I strayed from PC's so this better not infect my PS3.

And what do you mean Live isn't taxed? That's why it costs a percentage more for points. $50 gets you $50 on PSN. Live only gives you 4000 credits or some junk for the same price. They just get you at the point of purchase a different way. I love how M$ figured out how to exploit the stupid... That's the only way they can sell anything. But anyway that's just a side rant.

bread's done
Back