Drummer for Avenged Sevenfold has died

I hate that someone's child has died, and I feel sorry for those mourning the loss.

However, I do hope this shitty band no longer continues to make music.

[quote name='Dunvane']I hate that someone's child has died, and I feel sorry for those mourning the loss.

However, I do hope this shitty band no longer continues to make music.[/QUOTE]

Shut up.

R.I.P. Rev; you'll be missed.

[quote name='Dunvane']I hate that someone's child has died, and I feel sorry for those mourning the loss.

At least your heart is in the right place.

I agree and whoever says they are "metal" I have some swampland to sell to you. :lol:

Lt. John Domingo says the 28-year-old Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes on Monday in Huntington Beach.

I'm curious to know what natural causes killed this 28 year old. Pretty young.

[quote name='mission42']I'm curious to know what natural causes killed this 28 year old. Pretty young.[/QUOTE]

Ketamine and hookers.
100% all natural.

Snarky comment out of the way, I almost sorta kinda liked Avenged's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas -inspired song.

[quote name='mission42']I'm curious to know what natural causes killed this 28 year old. Pretty young.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Seems to be going around lately.

I agree and whoever says they are "metal" I have some swampland to sell to you. :lol:

Not metal, nu metal (where's the umlaut?).

And Death takes another one before 2010 hits......he must be trying to reach a quota before the year is out. That or he is warming up for 2010.

whats with news outlets always saying 'natural causes' if he died at 28 from natural causes and im 24...i would be freaking the fuck out that i could just not wake up.

that being said RIP. I never was a big fan but still sucks when someone ends up dead that contributes music to the world.

this.

[quote name='Soodmeg']And Death takes another one before 2010 hits......he must be trying to reach a quota before the year is out. That or he is warming up for 2010.[/QUOTE]

I agree . . . prob warming up for something!!

I don't know if it was them or Devildriver that did a cover of Holy Driver and I didn't think it was that bad. That is about the only thing they did that I didn't mind. Sad to read about another death but I didn't care much for the band.

[quote name='sendme']I don't know if it was them or Devildriver that did a cover of Holy Driver and I didn't think it was that bad. That is about the only thing they did that I didn't mind. Sad to read about another death but I didn't care much for the band.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "Holy Diver". I'm not sure if they covered it. The most well-known cover of it I know of is by Killswitch Engage.

[quote name='carbontiger']Great drummer. Damn shame. RIP Rev.[/QUOTE]

This..love avenged sevenfold... R.I.P Rev :cry:

Sad to see a good drummer go. However, i hope that A7X stops with the trash they output and call it quits......but of course they wont :/

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think you mean "Holy Diver". I'm not sure if they covered it. The most well-known cover of it I know of is by Killswitch Engage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I get for not reading what I typed and getting off of a 12 hour shift and getting up at 3 am. Hell it might be Killswitch Engage that I'm thinking of. I know it was a band that I don't listen to. Sirius has been playing a lot of covers the past month or so that have been good and it was one of them. Bad thing is you can't buy a CD with the cover on it because it is unreleased. The only one that I have heard that might be on the bands next CD is In This Moments cover of Blondie's Call Me. However I may have heard that wrong like I did with Children of Bodoms cover of Cemetery Gates. I thought on Sirius they said it was going to be on their next album and it wasn't unless it was an unlisted track. Also I heard Mastadon had a good Nirvana cover. Atleast I think it was Mastadon that did the cover.

[quote name='sendme']Yeah thats what I get for not reading what I typed and getting off of a 12 hour shift and getting up at 3 am. Hell it might be Killswitch Engage that I'm thinking of. I know it was a band that I don't listen to. Sirius has been playing a lot of covers the past month or so that have been good and it was one of them. Bad thing is you can't buy a CD with the cover on it because it is unreleased. The only one that I have heard that might be on the bands next CD is In This Moments cover of Blondie's Call Me. However I may have heard that wrong like I did with Children of Bodoms cover of Cemetery Gates. I thought on Sirius they said it was going to be on their next album and it wasn't unless it was an unlisted track. Also I heard Mastadon had a good Nirvana cover. Atleast I think it was Mastadon that did the cover.[/QUOTE]

KSE really did a good job on that cover.
It was on a promo disc that came with a magazine called Kerrang I have it somewhere.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=19691

1. Fall Out Boy - Start Today (Gorilla Biscuits Cover) (2:01)
2. Aiden - Die, Die My Darling (The Misfits Cover) (3:17)
3. Avenged Sevenfold - Walk (Pantera Cover) (5:15)
4. Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver (Dio Cover) (4:05)
5. Biffy Clyro - Buddy Holly (Weezer Cover) (5:11)
6. Fightstar - My Own Summer (Shove It) (Deftones Cover) (3:36)
7. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Jesus Christ Pose (Soundgarden Cover) (5:43)
8. Still Remains - Head Like A Hole (Nine Inch Nails Cover) (5:07)
9. Deftones - Simple Man (Lynard Skynard Cover) (6:15)
10. The Answer - Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith Cover) (3:50)
11. Bullet For My Valentine - Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne Cover) (4:50)
12. 36 Crazyfists - Digging The Grave (Faith No More Cover) (2:55)
13. Arch Enemy - Symphony Of Destruction (Megadeath Cover) (3:57)
14. Atreyu - You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi Cover) (3:23)
15. NOFX - Straight Edge (Minor Threat Cover) (2:13)

I have the Metallica cover album Kerrang also did where Mastadon did one of Orion which KILLED. Best bet is to go the file sharing route.

Track List:
- Bullet For My Valentine - Welcome home (Sanitarium)
- Chimaira - Disposable heroes
- Fightstar - Leper messiah
- Funeral For A Friend - Damage Inc.
- Machine Head - Battery
- Mastodon - Orion (instrumental)
- Mendeed - The thing that should not be
- Trivium - Master of puppets

Not so quick to question natural causes of 'youngins' anymore after I found out two people my age or younger died in the past two weeks of:

1) 27 year old died of a stress induced heart attack
2) 24 year old died of a staph infection that spread to their heart

Kind of puts things in perspective considering I'm 27 and dying of natural causes is the last thing on my mind. Don't follow the band and couldn't say if he was a drug user but I hope not. Dying of natural causes at 28 wouldn't be the first time it happened and either way RIP.

Sucks that he died but maybe they will stop making shitty music now, which means more play on the radio for Gucci Mane and Lil Wayne!

[quote name='darkslime']Sucks that he died but maybe they will stop making shitty music now, which means more play on the radio for Gucci Mane and Lil Wayne![/QUOTE]

Where I'm from Avenged Sevenfold never got any airplay on any radio station (even the alternative/rock ones)...

Apparently, Mike Portnoy (drummer from Dream Theater), has filled in on the new album?

I heard a new song on the radio last night, and it was pretty decent.

bread's done
Back