EB/GS Weekly AD 10/26-11/1 - Buy Used GC Sys. get Used GC Game Free

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
olfsi_102607-1.jpg

olfsi_102607-2.jpg

EBC3003753.jpg

[quote name='Biohazard16']this is a dumb question, but would they accept the coupon if i printed it out?[/quote]

Yes, that's a dumb question. :applause:

The coupon is sent via emails, so you have to print it out and bring it to the register. They keep the coupon. :D

Don't feel bad, I'm just teasing ya. But yeah, you have to print it out. :)

Now here's a really stupid question. Feel free to mock my newbishness, Biohazard16!

Is there a way to return the game I got with the system and exchange it for another? I got Zelda 64: Ocarina + Master Quest... but I just saw Zelda Collector's Edition (Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina and Majora's Mask). And I'd like that one instead of Ocarina + Master Quest.

I know Gamestop allows you to exchange a used game within seven days, but since this is a promo thing, I'd like to make sure so I can exchange my copy of the game for this one instead. I don't mind paying the five bucks extra. I didn't know Master Quest was Ocarina remixed!

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Now here's a really stupid question. Feel free to mock my newbishness, Biohazard16!

Is there a way to return the game I got with the system and exchange it for another? I got Zelda 64: Ocarina + Master Quest... but I just saw Zelda Collector's Edition (Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina and Majora's Mask). And I'd like that one instead of Ocarina + Master Quest.

I know Gamestop allows you to exchange a used game within seven days, but since this is a promo thing, I'd like to make sure so I can exchange my copy of the game for this one instead. I don't mind paying the five bucks extra. I didn't know Master Quest was Ocarina remixed![/quote]
Just use a second coupon for the GC and get the game you want. Trade the incredibly valuable game here or sell both things on eBay for a slight profit.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just use a second coupon for the GC and get the game you want. Trade the incredibly valuable game here or sell both things on eBay for a slight profit.[/quote]

I blew too much cash on the GC, I can't afford to do that. :(

All though this is a good deal im sure you could get more from buying a used Gamecube off Craigslist at maybe $10-15 more the condition of used hardware at these stores is my biggest problem. Also I think with this years holiday season and the stores pretty much dumping all the G-cube games I would not be suprised to see the systems they have laying around on clearance.

39.99 - Black (Condition was ~85% had a few scuffs/scratches) DOL-001 Progressive Scan Gamecube
"free" - Black Nintendo branded Wired Controller
17.99 - Game Boy Player for GC
"free" - Legend of Zelda - Twlight Princess
14.99 - Edge Card

For $77.91 out the door. Good or Bad deal? I don't plan on buying much junk to take advantage of the Edge card.. so that might have been my downfall...unless I can get in on deals where I buy/flip stuff to them and come out ahead enough to buy a cheapy game every now and then.

They also had like a 1000 block Nintendo brand GC memory card for $14.99... is that a good deal? I didn't get it just yet though. The employee was saying it's a great deal cause they don't even have a entry for it in their computer so they have to take it is as a 'generic' memory card.

Oh and yeah, the employee was VERY impressed w/ that coupon :)

Mike, Gamestop sells new third-party 1000 block memory cards for $20. $15 for a first party one is not a bad price at all.

I went back and exchanged Zelda Ocarina + Master Quest for Zelda Collector's Edition. The outside insert was kinda damaged but the disc is mint. It's a shame I couldn't use my old Ocarina save on this, but oh well, I wasn't that far into the game. I played the games for the first time yesterday, so. :)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Now here's a really stupid question. Feel free to mock my newbishness, Biohazard16!

I know Gamestop allows you to exchange a used game within seven days, but since this is a promo thing, I'd like to make sure so I can exchange my copy of the game for this one instead. I don't mind paying the five bucks extra. I didn't know Master Quest was Ocarina remixed![/quote]
Nope, if you want LOZ:CE, you'll have to return the GC & LOZ: OOT +MQ(maybe some stores might like you keep the game, so YMMV). Then repurchase the cube and use another coupon to get LOZ: CE.

Hmm... Zelda Twilight Princess with a free GC doesn't sound bad ;)

[quote name='tangytangerine']Nope, if you want LOZ:CE, you'll have to return the GC & LOZ: OOT +MQ(maybe some stores might like you keep the game, so YMMV). Then repurchase the cube and use another coupon to get LOZ: CE.[/quote]I just posted above that I was able to do this without a problem. I only had to pay the price difference (five bucks).

The manager didn't mark it as a return, but as a "Competitive Rebate", then I paid the five bucks and he gave me the game.

Assuming you trade in the Gamecube on the spot, it makes any used GameCube games roughly $25 before taxes.

For every dollar more you sell the console for, it reduces the price of the game by another dollar effectively.

For games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, that beats B2G1F with the 10%off card stacked on top by a dollar or two depending on your sales tax.

I exchanged Mario Party 7 for Mario DDR and didn't have to pay the difference. If they make you pay the difference then they're lazy (SHOCKER).

[quote name='davo1224']I exchanged Mario Party 7 for Mario DDR and didn't have to pay the difference. If they make you pay the difference then they're lazy (SHOCKER).[/quote]Well, this particular manager is a huge dick. So I'm not surprised at all.

Well i would have bitched, no way you should have to pay for a free game. You could have also use the courtesy method and just said it wasn't what you expected. He just got over on you because of the coupon.

Anyway, i picked up a Plt GC with Resident Evil 2 (Last Copy). I thought long and hard about Zelda: Twilight but i figured it would drop by the time i would get a chance to play it because i scored Zelda Collectors from Goodwill yesterday for $3.21. Playing it now.

Picked up a Platinum GC with DDR Mario today (mario mix will go up for auction as I wanted another GC... you cant beat free)

This promotion is awesome since I needed another Gamecube as a back-up.

I dropped by my local GS and convinced the employee to dig around in back for a good system. Anyways he comes back out with a boxed Platinum Gamecube that is complete with everything, and as far as I can tell is completely untouched.... no dust, scuffs, scratches or fingerprints. I grabbed this system with Twilight Princess using the coupon.

When I got home I noticed that the outside of the box had a small Bestbuy sticker that they put on stuff when you come in to do a return. I'm assuming this was a purchase that someone couldn't return to Best Buy so they traded it at GS instead. Either way I got a perfectly working system with box instructions/original accessories that is all in MINT condition.

Absolutely awesome deal!!

[quote name='zman73']Picked up a Platinum GC with DDR Mario today (mario mix will go up for auction as I wanted another GC... you cant beat free)[/QUOTE]

i thought about that too but i remember that it took me awhile to find abuyer for a copy i had.

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and have been wanting to get the GC version of RE2 for a while but it's 39.99 price was a little to much for what is basically an outdated PS1 game. This deal was perfect for me, especially since I am sending my Wii to Nintendo for repair (the green/red dots issue) and now I have a GC so I can still play the massive library of GameCube games that I've been accumating since I purchased my Wii (never had a Cube last gen so I missed out Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Zero, etc.). The GC they gave me was kinda beat up though and it's one of the fugly purple ones, not to big of a deal since as soon as I get my Wii, I'm just going to put it away.

Just picked up a purple GC with Digital out- was going to get Twilight Princess but the 2 copies they had were pretty nasty. I ended up with the RE 10th anniversary collection(Zero, 1, 4)- It was a brand new one that got restickered- Mad props to the OP

[quote name='neokellyzero']Just picked up a purple GC with Digital out- was going to get Twilight Princess but the 2 copies they had were pretty nasty. I ended up with the RE 10th anniversary collection(Zero, 1, 4)- It was a brand new one that got restickered- Mad props to the OP[/quote]

Wow that's a great f'n deal. Im shocked they didn't seperate it and sell the 3 used seperately.

RE 10th is a single case though right? Oh, they come on multiple discs???

-edit.. dang.. goes for ~$60+ on the bay... 3 cases..

Very noice... I might have to snag another GC.

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']RE 10th is a single case though right? Oh, they come on multiple discs???

-edit.. dang.. goes for ~$60+ on the bay... 3 cases..

Very noice... I might have to snag another GC.[/quote]
Typical cardboard box that holds the game cases in it.

Just picked up a cube with Twilight princess. Then went to another store and picked up ddr mario with a plat. cube. then I look in the box and see it came with a wavebird. Now that is a score.

[quote name='Dazz']i thought about that too but i remember that it took me awhile to find abuyer for a copy i had.[/QUOTE]

Took me about 15 hours to find a buyer... I ended up making about 20 bucks and got a free cube

These email deals GS is sending out have been really good lately... I now have an indigo, platinum, and black gamebube

Scored 3 gray wavebirds and a 1019 Nintendo Brand Mem Card (all used) for $66.68 over lunch today

Now to resell or keep.. that is the question.

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']Scored 3 gray wavebirds and a 1019 Nintendo Brand Mem Card (all used) for $66.68 over lunch today

Now to resell or keep.. that is the question.[/quote]

have you tested all of them?

Grabbed two black GameCubes with digital out and two copies of Zelda: Collector's Edition today...also managed to grab two more Wavebirds, putting me at a total of 5. One is going up for resell, in all likelihood. The others are for Smash. =)

I also have two black Cubes up for sale, lol.

Thanks OP! I snagged a black GC in great condition, and the GS employee was actually very helpful in finding a unit with digital out!

My Wii is in the living room, and this new GC is going in my bedroom. I either already own or don't want the $35+ games, so I took MGS: Twin Snakes (listed at $25). Great deal, thanks again!

[quote name='sp00ge']How much?[/quote]

If I can't dump it on eBay for $30 after shipping, I'd probably let it go for $25 here. For another $20 or $25, I'd toss in Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Of course, I have to test the Cube and it doesn't come with that spiffy data port found on some black Cubes.

If the Cube sells and one of the copies of ZTP doesn't sell, I'd let ZTP go for $25 after shipping.

Went to Ebgames today and got a black Gamecube and Zelda Collection game. Great deal. Now I have 3 Nintendo Gamecubes: Purple,Black and Platinum.

Just returned from using this coupon 15 minutes before close...

Black DVI gamecube
Gameboy player (attached) with start up disc
Wavebird
Minty complete Mario DDR (no pad)

$42.xx

Thanks Op!

Now I have 3 nice gamecubes in black , platinum, and indigo, all with DVI

gamewise, picked up Ikaruga, DDR Mario (promptly sold it for about 20 in profit alone, and RE2

[quote name='donut']Just returned from using this coupon 15 minutes before close...

Black DVI gamecube
Gameboy player (attached) with start up disc
Wavebird
Minty complete Mario DDR (no pad)

$42.xx

Thanks Op![/QUOTE]

Holy crap! :whistle2:O

I just returned the Zelda CE game today without Gamecube and the Eb guy gave me a full credit refund for the game. So which means I got a free black Gamecube. That's the great deal ever: a Free Gamecube.

Proof:

By hiamiyumi

bread's done
Back