EB rocks!!

reaver18

CAG Veteran
I just sold my PS2, 12 games (mostly old sports games, newest were god of war, socom 1 & 2), network adaptor, 2 mem cards, 2 controllers, and headset for 190 dollars!!

I put it up on ebay and only got 130: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213707165.

They had a deal where you trade in a ps2 plus 3 games you get 30 dollars more, plus 10 dollars more ony my ps2, and 5 dollars more for every 5 games. :bouncy:

Used it to preorder perfect dark zero, wired x360 controller, and a play and charge kit. All fully paid off now.

[quote name='reaver18']I just sold my PS2, 12 games (mostly old sports games), network adaptor, 2 mem cards, 2 controllers, and headset for 190 dollars!!

They had a deal where you trade in a ps2 plus 3 games you get 30 dollars more, plus 10 dollars more ony my ps2, and 5 dollars more for every 5 games. :bouncy:

Used it to preorder perfect dark zero, wired x360 controller, and a play and charge kit. All fully paid off now.[/QUOTE]

i think you got ripped big time if the system and games worked perfect... probally would of went way over 190 on ebay

[quote name='slidecage']i think you got ripped big time if the system and games worked perfect... probally would of went way over 190 on ebay[/QUOTE]
Haha, nope. Put it on ebay, got 130.

Only good game I had was god of war. The rest was madden 2004, nfl 2k2, espn nba 2k5, socom 1 & 2, nfl street, nba street.

I got a GREAT deal, because I had really shitty games.

If most of your games were old sports ones, that's probably why they didn't yield as much. If they were POX they don't get added into the promotion. I mean, I just got $49 on 5 games, but if yours were POX they wouldn't go for much.

I guess it's not bad, even though you traded in a lot of stuff.

[quote name='reaver18']I just sold my PS2, 12 games (mostly old sports games, newest were god of war, socom 1 & 2), network adaptor, 2 mem cards, 2 controllers, and headset for 190 dollars!!

Used it to preorder perfect dark zero, wired x360 controller, and a play and charge kit. All fully paid off now.[/QUOTE]

That's great and all - but is a bit wierd that you got an extra $5 per game for 5 games using "old sports games", as just about all Sports titles are excluded (POX). Can you tell us what they were - and if they were POX on the receipt, did they still give you the extra $5 per game?

It's either that or you are lowballing your collection (they weren't just old sports games but other decent games). If that's the case the it wasn't sure a great deal :D.

Edit - OK, just saw your list of games (wasn't there when I first posted). The only games on that list that aren't POX are NBA 2K5 and SOCOM II. So how did you swing the extra $5 per game?

[quote name='io']That's great and all - but is a bit wierd that you got an extra $5 per game for 5 games using "old sports games", as just about all Sports titles are excluded (POX). Can you tell us what they were - and if they were POX on the receipt, did they still give you the extra $5 per game?

It's either that or you are lowballing your collection (they weren't just old sports games but other decent games). If that's the case the it wasn't sure a great deal :D.[/QUOTE]
I'll get a pic of the receipt. Here's the receipt:

Here's the auction that got 130: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213707165

[quote name='reaver18']I'll get a pic of the receipt. Here's the receipt:

Here's the auction that got 130: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213707165[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. You did not get the $5 bonus on the POX games. And the POX list has a mistake because NFL Street is actually PO. Thanks very much - this pretty much confirms that they can't even force POX games through on the $5 bonus deal.

Wow. $5 for a first party controller pisses me off. They sell that thing for like $25.

And looks like he had 5 PO games, so it checked out. He didn't get any special deals. It's an okay trade, even though I would've bought the PS2 controller for like $10 if it worked.

[quote name='Farny']Wow. $5 for a first party controller pisses me off. They sell that thing for like $25.

And looks like he had 5 PO games, so it checked out. He didn't get any special deals. It's an okay trade, even though I would've bought the PS2 controller for like $10 if it worked.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they sell the used controller for 20 bucks.

Well the reason you only got it up to $130 on eBay was because you have no feedback. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it from you. Sell all the stuff separately on a good ebay account and you might easily get $250 or $260:

$120 for the PS2
$20 for the NA
$15 for the extra controller
$35 for God of War
$20 for the memory cards
$10 for the keyboard
$10 for the mutitap
$30 for all the other games

Granted I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but I think it's a fair estimate. Plus you wouldn't have to spend the cash on full-priced 360 stuff.

That's awesome I would say all that stuff is only worth about $175 total. Positivity is great much better than customer service nightmares!

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Well the reason you only got it up to $130 on eBay was because you have no feedback. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it from you.[/QUOTE]

That and he used a reserve, people fucking hate high reserves.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Well the reason you only got it up to $130 on eBay was because you have no feedback. I sure as hell wouldn't buy it from you. Sell all the stuff separately on a good ebay account and you might easily get $250 or $260:

$120 for the PS2
$20 for the NA
$15 for the extra controller
$35 for God of War
$20 for the memory cards
$10 for the keyboard
$10 for the mutitap
$30 for all the other games

Granted I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but I think it's a fair estimate. Plus you wouldn't have to spend the cash on full-priced 360 stuff.[/QUOTE]
PS2s are selling for about 80 bucks on ebay, god of war used for about 20 bucks. And once you take into account Ebay's fees, the whole thing goes under 190. Not to mention the 190 is without the keyboard and multitap.

My reserve was 140.

I think you did well . . . but you should have held back the POX games . . . you got about $5 total for 5 of the games.

Man, I'd rather donate those to Goodwill or give them to neighborhood kids or friends . . . or anything instead of only getting .25 to $1 for a game.

Here's an idea for anyone about to accept a dollar or less for a game: leave them on a park bench and watch from a distance as some gamer has the luckiest find of his life.

Nfl 2k2 25 cents you know for a fact that would grabbed more on ebay..
socome 1.00 again you would of got more on ebay
nba street 75 cents again you would got ALOT MORE on ebay
Gran trus 3 1.00 Again you would grabbed more on ebay

those 4 games alone net you 3.00 Eb. you would got an Easy 10 bucks on ebay.. hell i would of gave you 5 bucks for the NBA street game alone

I really didn't want to bother with ebay. Too much of a hassle, I just wanted to get rid of this stuff. I would have made a dollar on ebay anyway after fees.

bread's done
Back