EBGames B&M - 2 for $30 (including R&C:UYA), Starting May 23

lordopus99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Starting May 23, 2 for 30 select Greatest Hit titles.

Titles include:

Socom 2
Shrek 2
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenol
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Jak 2
A few others

They are listed in the new Catalog. I work next Tuesday and I will post the other titles.

[quote name='lordopus99']Starting May 23, 2 for 30 select Greatest Hit titles.

Titles include:

Socom 2
Shrek 2
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenol
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Jak 2
A few others

They are listed in the new Catalog. I work next Tuesday and I will post the other titles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, Ill remeber to take a few extra bucks from the back this week.

It would make sense because of the new Ratchet game coming out this fall. Could be a misprint of some sorts. Sent an E-mail to my DM for confirmation. Although the sale goes into effect on 5/23, so it could drop that day.

[quote name='Scahom1']It would make sense because of the new Ratchet game coming out this fall. Could be a misprint of some sorts. Sent an E-mail to my DM for confirmation. Although the sale goes into effect on 5/23, so it could drop that day.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if it stayed that price. Just seems odd because the other games are fairly old. Would be cool if Jak 3 made an appearence also.

Can you buy just one game for 15, or does it absolutely have to be 2 for 30? Nothing else really interests me (or I own it) other than UYA, so it would be nice to get that for 15.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hmm...so, by saying "Greatest Hits," I'd assume you mean this is PS2-only, right?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure...

If R&C: UYA is on there kind of early, then I'm also hoping that Jak3 will be on there because other than that Ratchett game, nothing really interests me so far or I already own it.

neither Jak 3 or Sly 2 are on there. I honestly think it is a misprint but they haven't told us otherwise so far.

PS2 only and you must buy two of the titles.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Are these games new or used? Because R&C:UYA is a steal for $15 new.[/QUOTE]

yeah eb would be stealing your money. seriously do your homework on this game, i was really intrested in this game and then i got the demo...yeaaaaah...

[quote name='stolazi']Do you need an actual coupon to get the deal? If so, can you get a catalog at EB? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It will override in the system.

I've never played a Jak or R+C game, but I think about grabbing a couple of them every time I see a 2 for $30 deal. Maybe this is the time? But I feel like if I wait long enough they might put out collections like they did with the Crash and Spyro games.

[quote name='punqsux']yeah eb would be stealing your money. seriously do your homework on this game, i was really intrested in this game and then i got the demo...yeaaaaah...[/QUOTE]

Is it really that bad? I've never played any of the games in the series, but have heard glowing reviews and I like shooters/ platformers. What's so bad about it?

[quote name='punqsux']yeah eb would be stealing your money. seriously do your homework on this game, i was really intrested in this game and then i got the demo...yeaaaaah...[/QUOTE]
You and I must've played completely different demos because mine kicked so much ass and made me really want the game.

Hey, I don't know what you're talking about. I have all three R&Cs that've come out so far and they all pretty much rule. UYA is the best yet IMO.

Jak 3, Sly 2, and RC UYA will all be $20 very soon (thereby $15 at BB with GGC) . . . I wouldn't be surprised if Sony moved up their GH status . . . by now, who will buy them for $40? All three were the primary reasons to keep playing my PS2 this past year.

I picked up all three at launch with the Target raincheck trick (I think its dead now . . . they seemed to have changed their rainchecks :whistle2:( ) I got 2 of these for $16.88 using the illegitmate Zelda WW raincheck (it was just wrong).

Here, at the time I wrote a thread about how absolutely cheapass (and wrong!?) I was
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28886

If you don't like R&C, that's understandable but otherwise it was a fabulous game just for the 2D Captain Quark stages alone!

The player's guides for RC 3 and Sly 2 have been pennied . . . now if someone can get me a Jak 3 (via trade).

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Is it really that bad? I've never played any of the games in the series, but have heard glowing reviews and I like shooters/ platformers. What's so bad about it?[/QUOTE]

i didnt like the controls or the enviroment, of course i totally sucked at the game too, but i enjoy plenty og games that i suck at :lol:

ive just never been able to get in to the r+c games (i have played demos of all 3) but the jak and sly games i totally love.

im not bashing the series or the game, im just saying make sure its a game you want , i have heard several others feel the same way i do, and we are in the minority, but its just a warning ^^

[quote name='Scahom1']You must buy 2 of them for the coupon to work. So no 1 for $15 :( And yea, PS2 only.[/QUOTE]

Can you buy two of them, say UYA and Jak 2 for 30, and then return Jak 2 for 14.99, thereby getting UYA for 15?

Besides what I own, there is 0 on this list that interests me, so UYA isn't such a good deal if I have to get something I don't want for another 15.

[quote name='Roufuss']Can you buy two of them, say UYA and Jak 2 for 30, and then return Jak 2 for 14.99, thereby getting UYA for 15?

Besides what I own, there is 0 on this list that interests me, so UYA isn't such a good deal if I have to get something I don't want for another 15.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it will work at EB, but I just did that at Fry's when they had the 3 for $35 sale last week. I took two of the games back and ended up with Dark Cloud 2 for $11.66.

Complete list of games for the 2 for $30:

Shrek 2
Sonic Heroes
Jak1
Jak2
Yu-gi-oh Duelists of the roses
Champions of Norrath Socom II
Ratchet & Clank GC
Ratchet & Clank UYA

Only the few mentioned above are in the deal.

On a side note; a used copy of DBZ: LOG2 (GBA) igoes for $4.99 after a $5 off coupon in the flyer.

[quote name='punqsux']im not bashing the series or the game,[/QUOTE]

yeah eb would be stealing your money.

Not to be a hater or anything, but you kind of did.

Persoanlly I don't mind you hating the series, that's your call. Me personally? I hate Gran Turismo games with a passion. However, I will say, IMO, the R&C series is one of the best series to have come out in a while.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Complete list of games for the 2 for $30:

Shrek 2
Sonic Heroes
Jak1
Jak2
Yu-gi-oh Duelists of the roses
Champions of Norrath Socom II
Ratchet & Clank GC
Ratchet & Clank UYA

Only the few mentioned above are in the deal.

On a side note; a used copy of DBZ: LOG2 (GBA) igoes for $4.99 after a $5 off coupon in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well maybe I'll finally get CoN back with this deal or Sonic Heroes to the R&C: UYA. Otherwise, not too stellar of a deal for me but hopefully someone else will enjoy it more.

Edit: Also, just to make it easier, I think the OP should put the date of when this deal starts in the title.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is it CoN, but not Return to Arms? I wish it was RtA. I don't really want anything to go with RaC:UYA, damn.[/QUOTE]

Just do what I'm going to do -

Buy RaC:UYA and any other filler game, and then return the filler game for 14.99. I'll just tell them they both were a gift, and the receiver of the gifts just happened to get the filler game so I'll take a refund.

Knowing EB, they'll probably refund me 14.99, so UYA will come to a nice 14.99.

If only they had Sly Cooper 1 on the list...

[quote name='Alien Spider']No Jak 3? Alien sad now. :(

But as long as R&C: UYA is still one, and Socom II is one also...Alien happy again. :)[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOO! JAK 3 MUST BE ON THERE! That and Ratchet new for $30 would be the fuck'n deal of the year (for me anyways)!

I think I'll try buying a couple copies of R&C:UYA, and try to take one back. If they don't let me I'll just sell the other copy to a CAG who missed out on the deal at cost + shipping so everyone's happy.

just got back from EB, got 2 copies of RC UYA, but it seems like this really was a misprint because the computer would not ring it up and the guy had to put in the price manually. Hope everyone else has the same success.

[quote name='bball1515']just got back from EB, got 2 copies of RC UYA, but it seems like this really was a misprint because the computer would not ring it up and the guy had to put in the price manually. Hope everyone else has the same success.[/QUOTE]

The computer wouldn't ring it up because the sale dosen't start until TOMMORROW, which is 5/23.

The guys at the local EB wouldn't even let me have the ad a day early, and told me to come back in tommorrow morning since that's when the sale officially starts.

SO this is B&M only? I looked online and I didn't see anything about that. Is there a coupon code I need to use?

[quote name='amdi8']SO this is B&M only? I looked online and I didn't see anything about that. Is there a coupon code I need to use?[/QUOTE]

Only B&M as far as I know.

I'm going now to try and just get R&C UYA for 14.99, let's see how I do.

Can anyone recommend one of the Jak games over the other? I haven't played any of the series and would like to get one of those games with R&C: UYA.

I just did this, but they only had one of their open, "yet new" (trust me really it is) ones for the R&C, UYA, so I double checked the disc and begrudgingly bought that and Sonic.
I hate buying there new/open games, it should be illegal to do that, factory sealed is new, open is open, no gray area there. Surprised they still get aound that, I even gave him a hard time about it, he said most people dont care.
I saw the ad in the magazine with the coupon and R&C UYA had a greatest hit wrap on the logo in the picture, my first plan was to go to circ city or best buy and price match, but I know they wont have the game as a greatest hits as yet, so iffy they would hook me up, and the coupon involved, meh, alot of trouble to try.
The clerk at my EB store almost didnt want to do it, said it was probably a pricing error or a picture error. No way it would be 15 yet, but he said he would see what the computer says, and hey it went through.
Make sure to show them the ad, first store I went to, the clerk didnt know anything at all about this. (nor had the games either)
Cool beans, OP, thanks~~

I just called EB... told me the sale started NEXT WEEK, and they had no flyers whatsoever... wtf?

EDIT: Called a different store that confirmed to me the sale was going on, and they are calling the local store here to let them know that they are wrong.

EB is so damn stupid.

[quote name='stolazi']Can anyone recommend one of the Jak games over the other? I haven't played any of the series and would like to get one of those games with R&C: UYA.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played Jak 3, but Jak 2 kicks Jak 1's ass

bread's done
Back