EBGames Ninja Gaiden Voucher has arrived!

scott123456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I traded in 4 games that ran me about 15 bucks to do the EBgames deal on Ninja Gaiden. I got the coupon codes today via email! They gave me 4 coupon codes that I can use, 20, 20, 10, 2. The 2 dollar was to cover shipping. Only downside is that it states cannot be used on shipping... But that's only 1.99. Best deal I've gotten on EBgames!

I know I should do this deal, because I absolutely adore team ninja and I'm unlikely to be able to afford the game until months after the release, but the concept of trading in games is just repugnant to me.

I've never done so in my entire life, and I seriously doubt I could part with something once it was in my hands -- I'm a pack rat of the worst kind. Add that to my tendency toward procrastination, and it's a recipe for disaster.

I would ask a friend to do it for me, and pay them back,but I don't know anyone that together who would be willing to go out of their way to feed my gaming addiction

sometimes it really sucks being the most organized person I know, and knowing that I'm not that organized myself to begin with ;-)

[quote name='minx']
I've never done so in my entire life, and I seriously doubt I could part with something once it was in my hands -- I'm a pack rat of the worst kind. [/quote]

I feel the same way, once I open a game, I can't trade it in. I have never sold a game before that I opened.

What you can do is just buy some cheap games for $5 or under. I traded in 4 games that I bought just for this offer (Kabuki Warriors, Fantavision, Evolution Skateboarding and Nascar Heat 2002) all of which were under $5 and I didn't feel like I missed out on those games since I would never want a game like Kabuki Warriors in my collection.

trading in 4 games for one game doesn't make sense to me. unless its like $5 each for all 4 games I can't see that deal being beneficial to the consumer.

No, I asked them and they said that the coupons could be used on any games at their website and that they don't have an expiration date ( of course, don't use in about 2 years from now. lol )

[quote name='scott123456']I traded in 4 games that ran me about 15 bucks to do the EBgames deal on Ninja Gaiden. I got the coupon codes today via email! They gave me 4 coupon codes that I can use, 20, 20, 10, 2. The 2 dollar was to cover shipping. Only downside is that it states cannot be used on shipping... But that's only 1.99. Best deal I've gotten on EBgames![/quote]

wait, so that means youre not locked into buying JUST ninja gaiden?

...it also means i can still get the promo wall scroll? sweet!

Even if they are 10 dollar games, thats still only 40 bucks, and 10 bucks cheaper than buying it. The deal is a good one for those that have old, crappy games that arent worth much that they would be willing to get rid of for a new title.

ok lemme get this straight..i can buy ANY 4 games and trade them..they then send me coupon codes worth $50 that can be used for whatever game i want??

also which offer is better..this one [if above is true] or the after xmas trade-in deal??

It can't be sports or wrestling games, but I traded in junk like Kabuki Warriors (bought it for $5 at Gamestop just for this trade in offer) and Fantavision (same thing, bought it for $5 to trade in) so they'll accept horrible games that have usually a $0.50 trade in value just as long as they aren't sports or wrestling games.

has anybody been able to trade in games for multiple vouchers? seems kinda strange if you keep trading in games to pre-order ninja gaiden but I don't see why it should be a problem.

I was just about to make a post, but I guess ill do it here, now if you trade in 4 5 dollar games, some people are doing it cheaper with the buy 2 get one free. So thats 4 games for 15=50 in eb credit, a ps2 is also 150 used, that would be 45-60. Im going to do the offer again on another account after xmas :)

Ninja Gaiden also comes with the $10 mail in voucher. So even after you get it and send in the voucher they send you another code for $10 :)

Is the trade in deal available online only or can I trade them in in-store too? I stopped by one last week and asked the manager about it and she said that she's heard about the deal but couldn't find it in print so I couldn't do it...

I don't get it. Couldn't u just buy Eb's games for less than $10 & trade em in?

As long as the 4 games you're buying are less than $12.50. You'll come out ahead.

It doesnt say Hockey. And can we trade in 4 copies of the same game?

"Trade in four games and get Ninja Gaiden for Xbox free! Eligible trades include PS2, Xbox and GameCube games except for football, baseball, basketball, wrestling and soccer titles. After we receive your games, we'll send you an e-mail with a $50 coupon code that can be used to purchase Ninja Gaiden."

For anybody who has done this deal: Do the games need to include the original boxes and/or instructions? Also, has anybody confirmed that these codes can be used on any game and not just Ninja Gaiden (IE: actually ordered a game other then NG with them)?

-Matt

[quote name='Mattfish']For anybody who has done this deal: Do the games need to include the original boxes and/or instructions? Also, has anybody confirmed that these codes can be used on any game and not just Ninja Gaiden (IE: actually ordered a game other then NG with them)?

-Matt[/quote]

[quote name='http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/default.asp']Examine your games to make sure that they are in good and playable condition, and that you have the original instructions and packaging.[/quote]

According to the email I received, the credit can be used towards any merchandise, and I have no reason to doubt that, but, no, I have not used any of the codes yet.

[quote name='puzzlefite']I emailed them & they said 4 copies of the same game are ok.[/quote]

[quote name='I']
Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I had a few questions about the Ninja Gaiden Trade-In Offer (4 games for
Ninja Gaiden). I wanted to know if these games were acceptable for
trade:

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (Xbox)
Quantum Redshift (Xbox)
Wreckless: The Yajuza Missions (Xbox)
Pryzm Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Haven Call of the King (PS2)

Also, I wanted to know if multiple copies of the same game were
acceptable
for trade-in.

Thank you for your response.

-----------------

EB's response:

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

We will accept any PlayStation 2, Xbox, or Gamecube game as long as is
not a sports game. In your case, we will not accept Mat Hoffman's Pro
BMX 2. Also trading in multiple copies of the same game will not be
accepted.

If you require further assistance, we are available 7 days a week from 8
AM to Midnight EST.

Have a great day!
Peter
EBgames.com

[/quote]

Is it true that multiple copies will be accepted? One guy says yes, and EB says no. Also, has anyone tried sending in Mat Pro BMX? It's not a sports game according to their listing:

[quote name='EB']
Trade in four games and get Ninja Gaiden for Xbox free! Eligible trades include PS2, Xbox and GameCube games except for football, baseball, basketball, wrestling and soccer titles. After we receive your games, we'll send you an e-mail with a $50 coupon code that can be used to purchase Ninja Gaiden.[/quote]

Mat doesnt fall into any of those categories...I'm going to email EB again about Mat BMX.

For anybody who has done this deal: Do the games need to include the original boxes and/or instructions? Also, has anybody confirmed that these codes can be used on any game and not just Ninja Gaiden (IE: actually ordered a game other then NG with them)?

-Matt

Yeah, all the games have to be in their cases and with manuals. The coupons can be used for ANY GAME. I traded 4 crappy and old games that aren't even worth $15 together. I used the coupons and bought me a FFX-2 with 2 free day air shipping. I have sent 4 more games so that I can order my copy of HALO 2 when it comes out. The only downside is that you need to put in your driver's license for some reason, so if you don't have a learner's permit or a driver's license, you're pretty much screwed.

Puzzleefite, I'm still waiting on the email as well. I think I sent my game on 12/20/03 and I'm still waiting

master_evil:
I just got my voucher code for ninja gaiden ($50 good for anything actually)

I sent my games in by USPS priority mail & insured.

YMMV I guess.
I sent in 4 Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot from Blockbuster (w/ blockbuster label $5 each) & still got the voucher.

Peter sounds like an idiot. It's all about Ryan LOL

Hello xxx,

Yes, 4 of the same games are acceptable as trade-in games, as long as
they are either Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2 games. Volleyball games are
acceptable, as the only games which are not acceptable are football,
baseball, basketball, wrestling and soccer games. Brand new games may
also be traded in as well, but unfortunately can only count as 1 of the
4 games traded in. You may trade in as many games as you wish for the
offer. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Ryan
EBgames.com

Hi. I'm sorry but I've visited that link before and
none of my questions are answered there. The link does
not say whether I'm allowed to send in 4 of the same
game or not. It does not mention anything about
excluding volleyball games or trading in brand new
games. Pleas try to answer my questions.

Thanks.

Hello xxx,

You may take advantage of the trade-in deal as often as you wish.
There
is no limit as to how many times you may use this deal.

Best Regards,
Ryan
EBgames.com

Thanks for the response. One last question about the
Ninja Gaiden promotion. How many times can I do the
Ninja Gaiden promotion? I have 8 games I want to trade
in & I would like to get 2 copies. Is that ok?

Thanks again.

[quote name='puzzlefite']I emailed them & they said you can do this deal as many times as you want.[/quote]

puzzlefite: would you still happen to have that email?

Hey, FREE 1DAY shipping available for Ninja Gaiden right now on EBgames.com Order the game with your vouchers now and get super fast shipping!

Yes I do have both emails. You mean headers & stuff? Ya I have those too. Just say Ryan said blah blah blah! I feel sorry for the guy, but geez I wish people would just get their policies straight. Is it that hard to put it in writing on their site? I mean who comes up with these offers! Of course I should be thankful since it works in our favor. Anyways that email was about 3-4 weeks ago. So things change.

PS I remember reading that feb 4 was the deadline for this deal. Does anyone know if that will change? I don't see it on the site anymore.

The 4 of the same game may not work now. I don't think it was in the rules back then. Ryan's emails are actually 12-16. So that was some time ago.

Well I'm sending out a huge batch today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

*sigh*

Arg. I'm in the same boat. I'm sitting on a ton of JSRF and Haven from the CC $5 clearance, but I don't want to be stuck with $30 of returned merchandise fees.

[quote name='puzzlefite']The 4 of the same game may not work now. I don't think it was in the rules back then. Ryan's emails are actually 12-16. So that was some time ago.

Well I'm sending out a huge batch today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

*sigh*[/quote]

question for all those who have sent multiple copies of the same game, done this offer more than once:

have any of you been rejected?

if anyone is going to get rejected it will probably be me. What is wrong with them? it's so disorganized! There are no transaction #s for each trade in. I have send in a ton of identical packages. I'm going to give everyone some quick advice. Keep track of all your packages. Download USPS shipping assistant. Print out shipping addresses on labels. Get free delivery confirmation with priority, 13 cents media mail by using this program. Give all your packages a #. Use media mail. Shipping is $1.97 for me in my 9 by 13 clasp manilla envelope. Keep track of each game in each package. I even printed out the email and pasted it on every packing slip that said "you can do the deal more than once" I also wrote a thank you note on the packing slip and added from "Me & my friends" so they'll think it's not all for me. So far no response yet. I should be getting a lot of vouchers soon if all goes well.

Most importantly do it now! Don't wait. Get your trade in confirmation & receipt immediately. You'll get 7 days to postmark it! Don't wait! They could limit it to 1 per person any day now.

Update: if they do limit this to one person. Does anyone know if I can go into a Eb store trade in 4 games for like let's say Sonic Heroes. Then return it for store credit? That would save a lot of trouble.

Trick: Please confirm. I'm thinking that you can go to EB, buy a gift card. Then buy a game with gift card and you will not have to pay sales tax. I bought a PS2 for $180 w/ just gift cards. Sales tax was $0. Am I correct? does this work?

I've sent in 12 copies of Jet Set Radio Future for the Xbox ( Which I bought off ebgames get 2 get one free ) Everything rang up $35 and then I've sent in 3 packages qith different email addresses. And yesterday I got $156 of trade in credit. If you are going to send in multiple copies of the game, make sure you use different email addresses because EBgames can make a mistake and it will resend you the same coupons at the same and only email add. you've used.

Good Advice. EB is prone to making lots of mistake. I have tracking #s for every package so I can probably get them to reissue one to me if something goes wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed today.

I just received my coupon codes for Gaiden the other day and used them on Halo 2 with free 2 day shipping without any trouble. I was able to trade in Mat Hoffman and JSRF, with Murakumo and EB's favorite, Haven. I'm sending in another package and hoping they'll still send new codes to the same e-mail. Has anyone else used the codes multiple times yet?

EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU! EB I LOVE YOU!

Haha sory! I just had to get all that off my chest! EB I LOVE YOU! In case you haven't guessed I got ALL MY VOUCHERS TODAY! Every last package after an seemingly everlasting wait of about 2-3 weeks....w/ duplicates in all my packages & wondering if they were being sent back to me!

(Yes, coupon codes are all different)

How many did I get you ask?
5+ :whistle2:D

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does this work exactly?

I found the link to EB's site with the Ninja Guidan offer. It has fields to enter the 4 games you are going to send then the next page asks for your information and to acknowledge that you will abide by their requirements.

So after I go through that am I e-mailed instructions as to how to ship the games to EB? (Like what address are they sent to?) And do you send four seperate packages or all four games in one batch.

They don't send you prepaid envelopes or anything to use right? (Okay that was a REALLY dumb question) they just credit you an extra $2 voucher right?

bread's done
Back