Eye of Judgment pack w/ PS3Eye camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbone

CAG Veteran
Hi all -

I stumbled across about five of these in a store at $19.99 a piece... is the camera in the combo pack different than the one Sony is now selling for $35? They look identical to me - anyone know?

The packaging looks like it might have just been found in a warehouse or something, dusty and scuffed up - but original and sealed. Don't even see these for sale online anymore.

[quote name='jimbone']
I stumbled across about five of these in a store at $19.99 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sweet info, CAG Veteran! This will be useful for many people!

What store? I've been keeping my eyes open for these cheap EoJ bundles I keep hearing about but I haven't seen one in quite a while.

[quote name='nbballard']SEARS has these for 10 bucks right now. It's the same camera.[/QUOTE]
Yah, I grabbed one, but its the last I saw in my area. All the other stores I went by today didn't have it in sight.

[quote name='Airmarkus']Is this at the regular Sears stores or the outlets?[/QUOTE]
Regular, but if the outlet had it in stock, it should be $10 too.

[quote name='Drkirby']Yah, I grabbed one, but its the last I saw in my area. All the other stores I went by today didn't have it in sight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my sears store in Chicago said they sent them back and they were $10. I bought mine less than a month ago from them for $30 and took in my receipt for a price adjustment!

These are clearanced at TRU for $20. My best guess as to where he saw these. They have been this price for about a month now, so it might be tough finding one in some areas.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Epic fail, OP...if you're going to post - follow-up w/ info!!!

What store - what location???[/QUOTE]

Psh, that's classic CAG Veteran style... don't hate!

Ah, sorry... it was TRU, Middletown, NY.

The funny thing about it was that they were hanging right next to the $35 cameras. I was thinking there must be a difference, because who would buy just the camera for $35 when you could snag the pack for $20. Now I could care less about EoJ, but it just seemed odd to me.

They did look like hell though, and some of the clamshells were cracked too.

[quote name='jimbone']I was thinking there must be a difference, because who would buy just the camera for $35 when you could snag the pack for $20. Now I could care less about EoJ, but it just seemed odd to me.[/QUOTE]

Most people would gladly pay an extra $15 not to have EoJ in their house...

[quote name='zenintrude']Most people would gladly pay an extra $15 not to have EoJ in their house...[/QUOTE]

it looks like it's pretty bad, so i would tend to agree... getting the hardware on the cheap could get me to hold my nose though.

[quote name='jimbone']Ah, sorry... it was TRU, Middletown, NY.

The funny thing about it was that they were hanging right next to the $35 cameras. I was thinking there must be a difference, because who would buy just the camera for $35 when you could snag the pack for $20. Now I could care less about EoJ, but it just seemed odd to me.

They did look like hell though, and some of the clamshells were cracked too.[/QUOTE]
Now I'm not saying that EoJ is good or anything, but if you don't like it then why are you buying the PSEye? Does any other game use it to the extent that EoJ does? And is that game any good?

[quote name='mxpowar']Now I'm not saying that EoJ is good or anything, but if you don't like it then why are you buying the PSEye? Does any other game use it to the extent that EoJ does? And is that game any good?[/QUOTE]
EyePet will use it. That comes out on Nov 17th.

EyePet Trailer

[quote name='morphineseason']Hey guys! I found this game! It was cheap! It was at a store! Such a good deal!

^Oh and that is just a rephrasing of ops post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to read through the whole thread and THEN deciding to be a sarcastic douche after the information you decided to mock was already clearly laid out.

Well played sir, well played. You really showed me and made me look like a fool to everyone. Oh boy, I don't know how I'll live with myself!

After being up for 36 hours straight now, perhaps one could let it slide that my original post wasn't exactly how YOU wanted it. But I guess you were that keen on EoJ with a PS3 eye that you were sad to not know where to rush out and get it? Pathetic. Search the forums for a great deal on Barbie Horse Adventure next and malign someone for not doing it correctly.

I haven't ever come across a deal worth sharing in the past, and d1cks like you make me feel like not sharing again if I ever happen to find another.

[quote name='jimbone']Thanks for taking the time to read through the whole thread and THEN deciding to be a sarcastic douche after the information you decided to mock was already clearly laid out.

Well played sir, well played. You really showed me and made me look like a fool to everyone. Oh boy, I don't know how I'll live with myself!

After being up for 36 hours straight now, perhaps one could let it slide that my original post wasn't exactly how YOU wanted it. But I guess you were that keen on EoJ with a PS3 eye that you were sad to not know where to rush out and get it? Pathetic. Search the forums for a great deal on Barbie Horse Adventure next and malign someone for not doing it correctly.

I haven't ever come across a deal worth sharing in the past, and d1cks like you make me feel like not sharing again if I ever happen to find another.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should update your original post instead of acting like a petulant child... you're not making any friends here by posting like that.

So let me get this straight... during the course of the thread I didn't edit the original posted and instead provided detail down the line, I should put up with whatever? Guess I missed that in the faq and/or forum rules.

I didn't mind you pointing out I forgot to put it in the original post, but to read through the thread AFTER the location was added and to give me crap about it, well, that is just bad form. It was uncalled for, and I don't need friends like that anyway.

+2 for using petulant btw... excellent word. I disagree of course that I am being such, but great use of vocabulary nonetheless!

I just checked sears and kmart website and they don't have any eoj. And I just checked tru website and eoj with camera is $69.99!!! 0_o

[quote name='mxpowar']now i'm not saying that eoj is good or anything, but if you don't like it then why are you buying the pseye? Does any other game use it to the extent that eoj does? And is that game any good?[/quote]
gt 5.

I prefer using the PS3 Eye camera rather than a headset simply because I don't have to worry about the batteries going dead.

The camera really is impressive. It is a huge improvement over the PS2's camera.

Oh yeah. jimbone you're being given a hard time because at the top of this forum it says, "DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!" And even after having it pointed out to you how lacking in info your first post is you have yet to edit it with any details.

[quote name='jimbone']So let me get this straight... during the course of the thread I didn't edit the original posted and instead provided detail down the line, I should put up with whatever? Guess I missed that in the faq and/or forum rules.

I didn't mind you pointing out I forgot to put it in the original post, but to read through the thread AFTER the location was added and to give me crap about it, well, that is just bad form. It was uncalled for, and I don't need friends like that anyway.

+2 for using petulant btw... excellent word. I disagree of course that I am being such, but great use of vocabulary nonetheless![/QUOTE]
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC

Just edit your first post, moron. There, no fancy shmancy vocab.

is it sad that im kind of interested in checking out eoj for? 19.99 for a camera which usually costs more, its like getting a free game with it. I'd try it for 19.99, then again i also bought bullet witch for $3 and enjoyed it at that price

Nah, it isn't sad. EoJ is a decent enough game. It is just very different than most other games in that it is literally a card based video game. From what I hear the online community is still active. The game even has trophies ;-)

[quote name='morphineseason']Hey guys! I found this game! It was cheap! It was at a store! Such a good deal!

^Oh and that is just a rephrasing of ops post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, why do people on the net get off on making a big deal about NOTHING?!?!?! Oh yeah, people need to compensate for having low self-esteem... thank god they have the internet!

[quote name='wesdw369']is it sad that im kind of interested in checking out eoj for? 19.99 for a camera which usually costs more, its like getting a free game with it. I'd try it for 19.99, then again i also bought bullet witch for $3 and enjoyed it at that price[/QUOTE]
Nerds thinking they're cooler and somewhat better than other nerds that enjoy these kinds of games are sadder.

[quote name='jimbone']Thanks for taking the time to read through the whole thread and THEN deciding to be a sarcastic douche after the information you decided to mock was already clearly laid out.

I haven't ever come across a deal worth sharing in the past, and d1cks like you make me feel like not sharing again if I ever happen to find another.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm tired of seeing uninformative YMMV threads in the national deals forum. Not to mention it was a YMMV toys r us deal that was posted in the toys r us thread months ago, according to another user. Instead of insulting me, maybe you could take the time to edit your original post so that it helps the users on here. I figured a veteran user would know better. I guess I expected too much of you.

I like EoJ...and on my way to the platinum. While its not Magic the Gathering, Wizards did take many ideas from it.

[quote name='salazarmark']Nerds thinking they're cooler and somewhat better than other nerds that enjoy these kinds of games are sadder.[/QUOTE]

now that was just being a jackass. i didnt say anywhere that i was better than anyone. also obviously we are all nerds here or we wouldnt be looking for deals on video games.

good to hear its similar to magic. not big into card games, but did enjoy magic when i played along with a couple of random anime ones. the videos that were on the psn of eoj made it look interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back