Fantasy Football: Volek vs Plummer

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok....I HAD Marc Bulger on my team, but he's down. So, I picked up Billy Volek and I have Jake Plummer.

Now, this is basically a recreational league, so no big deal, but I wanted some views.

Who Do I start?
Billy Volek vs a horrible Raiders team
Jake Plummer vs a HORRIBLE KC Cheifs pass defense.

Volek put up GREAT numbers in his few games he's played, but Jake can surprise you.

Also, do you risk playing Terrell Owens this week (listed as Questionable) or go to a back-up like Jerry Porter or Larry Fitz?!?!

I'm starting Plummer over Pennington in my first round playoff, so I'm hoping he puts up some good numbers, and not 4 INTs again.

Volek hasn't looked that great in his other starts before last week, but hey, you never know. I do have Mason though, which offsets me rooting against him.

I benched Moss last week when he was Questionable and he did well, so I'd wait till I have more info.

Go with Plummer. The Chiefs pass defense is the worst in the league. Combine that with the fact that Droughns is one hit away from being on the IR. Tatem Bell probably can't go, so that leaves them with Garrison Hearst. So, DEN will need to pass alot, and pass they will.

T.O. has stated that he will play - so play him as well.

I have Peyton Manning so I don't have QB issues. :D but I would probably start Plummer because the Chiefs defense is so bad it hurts. They are giving up 40 a game lately and everyone throws for 400 yards...

Don't listen to these guys. I have McNair and Volek. Billy has been sick and defenses aren't sure how to plan for him. He gave Drew Bennett the fantasy player of the year award last week. Literally, the biggest point scorer this season.

Denver is not as sharp as it was and they are having a little RB issues. Go with volek. Better schedule anyway. Come on man he's playing Oakland for Pete's sake.

I've got Owens as well and not much else. I'm not sure whether I should play him or not but since Amani Toomer is my next best available receiver, that's not saying much. I'll probably stick with T.O.

I'm in a Yahoo league and we start playoffs this week so this is crunch time for me. I also have McNabb so I'm hoping that after this week (if I win), that the Eagles don't start resting up their starters for the real playoffs.

As far as your question, I would go with Volek. In the last 4 games, he's thrown 11 TDs and 4 picks. Plummer has thrown 3 TDs and 7 picks. He's had two weeks in a row with only interceptions (6 total). Even against KC, I don't think he would be your best bet.

My vote is for Plummer, despite the fact that he's been a little subpar the past month and seems to be occupied with flipping off his own fans. Regardless, the Chiefs defense flat out stinks, and they give up the most big plays in the league and Ashley Lelie is a big play guy.

Also, let's not forget that Volek and Bennett went off against ... Kansas City.

Oakland gives up 229 passing yards a game, KC gives up 270

So I would start Jake the Snake.

It's a tough call but I'd probably go with Plummer. Not sure if Volek is going to have D Mason in the lineup which will allow the Raiders to double Bennet.
Smith and Lelie should do quite well against the Chiefs secondary.

Go with Plummer. Chiefs give up more passing yards. Too bad you don't have better choices since both of these guys suck.

Both will likely get you similar results to be honest. I'd personally take Volek only because I've seen Plummer screw up on occasion when there was no apparent reason. The titans have a lot of faith in Volek's abilities now so you'll likely see them air it out more and more as the weeks go by if he continues to prove himself.

Billy Volek: 40/60, 492yds, 4td, 1int
Jake Plummer: 23/41, 292yds, 1td, 2int

What did I tell you? I hope you started Volek.

bread's done
Back