Fighting Game Thread 6 is dedicated in memory of Chac*

After almost a year of being released I finally picked up Blaz Blue. Popped it in for a few minutes last night. Each character seemed very complex. I'd like to get some friendly matches in so I could learn from a vet.

[quote name='KingBroly']I know they'll carry over. Or at least that's what they said. I'm kinda wondering if if those will be on the disc, but people won't have to pay for them. Probably not happening, but they never explained how that'll be done. If everyone has them, regardless of whether paid for them or not, people who bought them will be ticked off.[/QUOTE]

You know they're not just going to GIVE those old alts away. Not to mention, they said that if you bought them already you won't have to buy them again.
;)

[quote name='Rodimus']After almost a year of being released I finally picked up Blaz Blue. Popped it in for a few minutes last night. Each character seemed very complex. I'd like to get some friendly matches in so I could learn from a vet.[/QUOTE]

Save yourself the trouble. BlazBlue is trash.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Save yourself the trouble. BlazBlue is trash.[/QUOTE]
I hate anything related to Arc-Systems, but I wouldn't go that far.

[quote name='Rodimus']After almost a year of being released I finally picked up Blaz Blue. Popped it in for a few minutes last night. Each character seemed very complex. I'd like to get some friendly matches in so I could learn from a vet.[/QUOTE]

I can play, but I'm not great at it though. Let me know whenever!

Yea... you want to actually have a main in BlazBlue, lol. I'm waiting for CS at this point myself. What system(s) do you have it for btw?

EDIT: 360 GT + BlazBlue as last played game - PSN ID = 360 only

Sorry, I only have it for the PS3, bummer.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Save yourself the trouble. BlazBlue is trash.[/QUOTE]

Sez j00

Yeah, I got BB on 360. Surprised to see all the hate, I thought it was a fairly well received game. I don't know much about the technical aspect but it seems like a pretty solid fighter so far. My only problem with the Arc fighters is the animation. The game would look awesome if the animation was better. It's just not fluid enough for my tastes.

[quote name='motorkill']I might be alone on this but, I rather have a new Dark Stalkers then a new MvC.[/QUOTE]

Possibly, I've never been a fan of the series. The concept is great, but the execution is goofy. I'm a big Marvel fan and Capcom always did the label justice. What Marvel characters would you guys like to see? I'm rooting for Thor.

With that said I remember reading the director of SFIV showing interest in a new Darkstalkers.

[quote name='Rodimus']Possibly, I've never been a fan of the series. The concept is great, but the execution is goofy. I'm a big Marvel fan and Capcom always did the label justice. What Marvel characters would you guys like to see? I'm rooting for Thor.
[/QUOTE]

Thor would be nasty. I remember playing a build in MUGEN, and it was just so cool. A little overpowered, but awesome.
Let's get Deadpool and The Punisher out of the way lol...

I can't really think of anyone right now, sleepy time.

[quote name='TheCapn010']Thor would be nasty. I remember playing a build in MUGEN, and it was just so cool. A little overpowered, but awesome.
Let's get Deadpool and The Punisher out of the way lol...

I can't really think of anyone right now, sleepy time.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they never put Thor in as a playable character. Instead we get irrelevant characters like Marrow. I think Wolvie, Spidey & Iron Man are given. I could see Deadpool making the cut given his popularity and up coming movie. But I say, gimmie Amadeus Cho!!!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Keep talking shit you gon get a purple yurple. :\

Don't say you waunt warned. :\[/QUOTE]

Go to hell you piece of shirt!!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Marrow wasn't irrelevant. I still snicker when she says "Boner-rang." :D[/QUOTE]

She's been in like 2 or 3 comics since 2000. Long been forgotten, she's not even important enough to kill off.

[quote name='Rodimus']She's been in like 2 or 3 comics since 2000. Long been forgotten, she's not even important enough to kill off.[/QUOTE]
I should've clarified that the reason I gave is the only reason I feel she was relevant. ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Everyone's important enough to kill off.[/QUOTE]

You kill off Captain America and it's on CNN. You kill off Marrow and it's a few posts in the FGT cause it's the only thing she's ever mattered in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that I'm never going to get above "knows the moves" for SF4, so I'm just having fun with it. Not trying to be the best around.

I actually just like going into player matches and doing random selects until i get kicked for losing too much.

But I still like chun. I think it's just too much of a time investment/skill deficiency on my part to really be good with her. I'm just not very capable with rhythm and timing of things - i've never been good on musical instruments either.

[quote name='Rodimus']You kill off Captain America and it's on CNN. You kill off Marrow and it's a few posts in the FGT cause it's the only thing she's ever mattered in.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know who Marrow is. I know what Marowak is, though.

[quote name='jer7583']I realize that I'm never going to get above "knows the moves" for SF4, so I'm just having fun with it. Not trying to be the best around.[/QUOTE]

Watch videos on youtube of good players and see what they do. Read about moves for your mains on forums like SRK. Play a lot with human opponents to get a feel for your character. Learn the match ups, so you know what to do against certain characters.

I played and watched some of the best players on XBL, and they are all about footsies, countering, crossovers and simple combos. The matches seem too simple and they look like scrubs when you watch them, but in reality they know exactly what they are doing.

You should experiment with other characters to get a feel for them and see what kind of play style you like. I started from cammy, ryu, sagat, honda, rose, blanka and then came back to honda. You always want to know maybe 2-3 characters very well in case you get a bad match up. I been playing honda for 1/2 year probably and I still can't piano fast enough for cr.jab>f.HHS. 600+ hours later and I'm hyped for the 27th. I'm going to 24-hour wal-mart at midnight.

[quote name='Rodimus']Possibly, I've never been a fan of the series. The concept is great, but the execution is goofy. I'm a big Marvel fan and Capcom always did the label justice. What Marvel characters would you guys like to see? I'm rooting for Thor.

With that said I remember reading the director of SFIV showing interest in a new Darkstalkers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I liked how goofy and over the top the DarkStalker series was. I think that was it's charm, and I really dug the character design's and how the game kinda played like SF2 but was a little different at the same time.

As far as MvC3, I wouldn't mine seeing Daredevil,Thor and The Punisher. There long over due as far as i am concern.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You get SvC Chaos 2 instead.[/QUOTE]

I'd like that.

Anyways for MvC3 characters...

Jean Grey?
The Tinkerer?
On the Capcom side: Dante, Viewtiful Joe? (He was in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom so that might be likely.)

4533142611_7235bd8789_o.jpg

was he really beaten with a baton?

or with a STICK?

also, apparently on the bottom, boxer was involved

[quote name='JEKKI']I had to google magnets.

coz yo for reals...

fucking magnets...

how do they work?!?!

and no, I dont wanna talk to a scientist, coz those mofos lie and make me pissed!!![/QUOTE]
this deserves a bump

water, fire, wind, earth

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I can't wait for hank to personally train me in Super Street Fighter IV, so we can take on suko together! ;)[/QUOTE]

o_O

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I can't wait for hank to personally train me in Super Street Fighter IV, so we can take on suko together! ;)[/QUOTE]

Geez, you act like suko is the ultimate evil, LOL! Axc is pretty good at giving tips though, so ask him for help too. Where is he anyway?

[quote name='KingBroly']Really? That's lame. I wanted my colors/titles/icons/etc. to carry over. Redoing all those challenges will suck.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly colors and personal actions won't be tied to the challenges and will be easier to obtain. They haven't specified what you'll have to do though.

I saw you on it the other day as I was signing off. I played it a little bit this weekend with someone else on my friends list who just picked it up as well. I'm complete garbage at it, but I'd definitely be down to play sometime this week.

Is it still on sale for like $20 at Gamestop? I might have to tell a friend to go pick it up.

EDIT: It looks like it's still on sale. It's also good to see that Continuum Shift is going to be $40 just like SSF4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MtlTom']Supposedly colors and personal actions won't be tied to the challenges and will be easier to obtain. They haven't specified what you'll have to do though.[/QUOTE]

Play as the character, that's it ... seriously, that's how you unlock taunts and colors for them. Play as that specific character!

bread's done
Back