Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X-2 and Chrono Cross for $500(eBay)

jasonq97

CAG Veteran
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X-2 and Chrono Cross for $500 (buy it now price is $700) on eBay :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can not believe it.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Link

Whats so special about these games. why do people buy games not to open them? The whole point of the game is well the game right???? I cant see why people will shell out money like that.

But then again I sell five dollar lotr toys for 50 so hey go figure

I've seen (original sealed) ff tactics for 200, and ff7 for, I believe, 3-500. It's ridiculous they're worth that much, but considering what they have gone for, that isn't an absurd asking price.

The wrapping on the FF:T case isn't the original. Look at how the corners are... generally, the plastic is folded at the corners, not unlike how you'd wrap a box.

Either way, people are crazy for bidding on this stuff.

[quote name='AspiringWannabe']The wrapping on the FF:T case isn't the original. Look at how the corners are... generally, the plastic is folded at the corners, not unlike how you'd wrap a box.

Either way, people are crazy for bidding on this stuff.[/quote]

FF:T? I didn't see Final Fantasy Tactics there...

Starting bid now $450.00.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Whats so special about these games. why do people buy games not to open them? The whole point of the game is well the game right???? I cant see why people will shell out money like that.

But then again I sell five dollar lotr toys for 50 so hey go figure[/quote]

Do not try to understand the mentality of a collector (or anything). It is not worth to waste your brain cell or time.

they games do not really go for that, bogus sales on EBAY go down and they basically try and trick collectors into paying high prices.

A 'sealed' PS1 game is not worth anything special, they printed a billion copies of those games. I bought Chrono Cross a while ago for $12, they had a billion copies.

I highly doubt there are many 'real' sales of sealed PSX games that are not truly rares. Even FFTactics, anything they rereleased as a GH automatically reduces the value of the first print.

These aint comic books, its PS1 software, the original or GH version, its the same game.

[quote name='expane']they games do not really go for that, bogus sales on EBAY go down and they basically try and trick collectors into paying high prices.

A 'sealed' PS1 game is not worth anything special, they printed a billion copies of those games. I bought Chrono Cross a while ago for $12, they had a billion copies.

I highly doubt there are many 'real' sales of sealed PSX games that are not truly rares. Even FFTactics, anything they rereleased as a GH automatically reduces the value of the first print.

These aint comic books, its PS1 software, the original or GH version, its the same game.[/quote]

Actually they added an extra song in the GH version of Chrono Cross.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I still have Brand New/ Seal copy FF:T (PS1) orginal version but i never thought it worth $200 or more![/quote]

+1 :cool:

Getting $200-250 for that is so very tempting...

[quote name='expane']they games do not really go for that, bogus sales on EBAY go down and they basically try and trick collectors into paying high prices.

It doesn't matter how many of the game were sold originally. The fact that certain games are still sealed are what makes them rare. How many copies did the original Zelda sell? Alot. That doesn't mean a sealed copy with a mint box won't fetch over $200.

A GH hits rerelease only hurts the value of opened copies of the original game. It won't hurt a sealed original and may actually make it more valuable by shortening the shelf time of the original packaging.

These aint comic books, its PS1 software, the original or GH version, its the same game.[/quote]

The fact that they're not comic books are what make them valuable. Modern comics aren't worth crap in the long run because they are thought of as collectibles in most peoples minds. Semi-recent games, on the other hand were not made to be collectibles and are thus hard to find sealed. The original and GH packages are only the same game to someone that is going to play it.

i own all those games....i wouldn't even say they are worth $100 total

i hope nobody bids on that....

i asked the guy a question saying "are you being serious???"

and his reply was "yes, i am, ive seen FF VII going for $500 alone"

HA is what i say to that

i asked the guy a question saying "are you being serious???"

and his reply was "yes, i am, ive seen FF VII going for $500 alone"

HA is what i say to that

EDIT: sorry about the double post

I love to collect games, but love to play them even more. To own a sealed game that you know is awesome, but will never open because the 'value' will drop would be torture for me. With patience and a little luck, you will eventually find mint copies of these games in either EB or Gamestop for a fraction of these prices. You can be proud of your mint, but open game editions and actually enjoy them as well.

I have a few rare sealed games myself, but also have open personal copies that I can enjoy. These unopened copies were not rare when I bought them. Just duplicate purchases, as I forget what titles I have at times, since I have so many, LOL.

I thnk a Squaresoft fan might snipe this collection up. Really not a bad price for all sealed games... that you can never play. Torture.

At least they are new, but still, you'd have to be a complete fool, have way too much money, or have no conception of money to do this.

bread's done
Back