Final Fantasy XIII - Gen. Discussion & Info

started playing this again tonight. Now I'll understand the story about 30% better since it'll be in English.

Feel right back in love with the gameplay as soon as I started playing again. Maybe I'll log 85+ hours yet again.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Yeah no, it's not wrong because the Charms are all in the Steppe, so you can't miss them. I don't know what kind of stupid logic is behind selling them, but that's a case of you jewing yourself out of the trophy. There's no treasure chest or anything you can MISS that will prevent you from getting Treasure Hunter.

That's like saying, you can't get a Champion's Badge if you missed the treasure chest in Chapter 12 and sold your Gold Watch. Well, why the fuck would you sell the Gold Watch?

/sigh

You can also just debuff Neochu and spam Death on him. Instant Stagger is largely useless and unreliable, the proc rate isn't as high as you'd think.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I may have missed that chest? hah.

[quote name='IRHari']You should use traps to get the following weapons to T3:
Light - Lionheart, no question, iquick stagger is way too useful
Sazh - Rigels, the stats are incredibly high for str and mag
Snow - Wild Bear, stats are the most balanced
Hope - Hawkeye, huge mag stats, you won't use him for anything else
Vanille - Belladonna wand, she's the best saboeur in the game and this weapon helps so much more to get debuffs to stick. plus the magic stat is incredibly high
Fang - Taming Pole, stats are incredibly high for both str/mag[/QUOTE]
Word; thanks!

I personally don't agree with your picks for which to level up.

Sazh's base STR and MAG are HORRIBLE, waaaaay lower than other people. If you are going to use him, you shouldn't be stacking STR/MAG. He is also THE best RAV in the game if you main him, since his special ability Cold Blood is arguably better than Light's and Hope's. Antares Doubles (Chain Boost II) is amazing if you really want him to build the gauge up faster than anyone else can, or use Procyons (Stagger Maintenance II) if you for some reason are finding Stagger gauges depleting too quick.

Rigels would be good for him if you were using him as your primary COM, but like I said Fang's base stats are way better than his so in the end his Ruin is going to do less damage than her Attack even if you use his pure +stats weapon. Stick with using him for what he's good at, RAV and SYN.

Snow is only useful at being a SEN. There's.... really no point to use him as anything else because he's terrible. That being said, his best weapon is Umbra for most enemies, or Paladin for fights like Atticus. Fringeward is an amazing skill. If he takes damage, AoE damage done to your other party members is reduced. So, basically everything that's lethal in the game (stomp, Quake, Bay, Ultima and Vercing's Whirl) are all reduced by Fringeward. Umbra provides (Improved Ward II), which can mean the difference between life or death sometimes. Paladin (Improved Guard II) is obviously better if the enemy is like Atticus and he's always hitting 1 person (the SEN).

Hope rivals Sazh for being the best RAV, since he also has a unique skill (Last Resort). Hawkeye is amazing for tier 1 and 2, but you're going to regret choosing it over Otshirvani if you want to fully upgrade to tier 3. Otshirvani has Siphon Boost II, which works wonders with or without haste. It means faster attacks, more attacks, quicker Chain gauge building. That is more than offsets the 200 MAG difference between the two weapons.

Brute forcing this game isn't that effective, and even with everything maxed out you're not so overpowered that you can plow through anything. Weapons offer some abilities that cannot be synthesize or acquired any other way. If you need STR/MAG, you an use equip a few accessories.

-_- I just played for the last hour grinding Toise, and I managed to get 2 Traps, 0 Ingots...without a Conosseuire's Catalog. What the fuck!?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Brute forcing this game isn't that effective, and even with everything maxed out you're not so overpowered that you can plow through anything.[/QUOTE]
I'm slowly learning that a few elites do take strategy, so that's why I was asking about endgame weapons. Thanks for the analysis, because that's what I needed to hear!

Is it possible to rotate Taejin's Tower to get back to the Mission 20 stone post-game? I can't seem to figure out how to get back.

[quote name='Jodou']Word; thanks![/QUOTE]

Once you get to that point in the game, it kinda doesn't matter. At least it doesn't for me.

^^^
Yes, you can go back to it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Once you get to that point in the game, it kinda doesn't matter. At least it doesn't for me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but I can't help min/maxing. I always aim for the best!

[quote name='halfbent']Is it possible to rotate Taejin's Tower to get back to the Mission 20 stone post-game? I can't seem to figure out how to get back.[/QUOTE]

The central elevator should be able to go through all the floors from the Ground Floor to the Apex.

It's been a while since I played, so I don't remember the specifics. Some missions are inaccessible directly from the Central Elevator. I believe there is an elevator that connects the fourth and sixth floor, as well as stairs on the fourth, fifth, and sixth floors.

Ah! I think it's the 4/6 elevator I need to take then. I had forgotten about that. The #20 stone is the one opposite/inaccessible from the central elevator.

[quote name='KingBroly']-_- I just played for the last hour grinding Toise, and I managed to get 2 Traps, 0 Ingots...without a Conosseuire's Catalog. What the fuck!?[/QUOTE]

I spent about an hour death-spamming them last night with Connoisseur and Collector Catalogs equipped. I killed 4 or 5, and got 2 Ingots, no Traps... Oh well... I was trying to death spam mission 55 to get the growth egg but after about 15 tries of 4-5 Death spells each I gave up. Something I read on the Intertubes said the Neochu (or whatever it is called) was vulnerable to that but it clearly didn't work for me while it was relatively effective against the Toises (worked probably 1 out of 4 encounters).

[quote name='io']I spent about an hour death-spamming them last night with Connoisseur and Collector Catalogs equipped. I killed 4 or 5, and got 2 Ingots, no Traps... Oh well... I was trying to death spam mission 55 to get the growth egg but after about 15 tries of 4-5 Death spells each I gave up. Something I read on the Intertubes said the Neochu (or whatever it is called) was vulnerable to that but it clearly didn't work for me while it was relatively effective against the Toises (worked probably 1 out of 4 encounters).[/QUOTE]

A lot of things can increase your success rate with Death, including status effects, stagger gauge, and your weapon. The rate actually becomes really high if you're using right setup before spamming it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']A lot of things can increase your success rate with Death, including status effects, stagger gauge, and your weapon. The rate actually becomes really high if you're using right setup before spamming it.[/QUOTE]

OK, so let me know what those are. I have Malboro Wand maxed out for Vanille. The stagger gauge of course is empty because I'm trying to kill the bastard before he Screeches and wipes me out. Otherwise I'm using Fang as a Sentinel and Lightning as a Medic because the little chirpy guys keep pounding on everyone and that gives me 3-6 Death attacks before a Screech. I was going in with both Fortisol and Agisol (I think)? In any case, the 2 that give you pretty much all the buffs. Note that I didn't do that on the toises and had much better luck (though I did the SAB/SEN/MED there as well as that buys me about 4-5 tries with Death whereas if I go in SAB/COM/RAV I get maybe 1 or 2).

combatrhombus - I got two Collector's Catalogs from missions/treasure (I forget exactly where but one was a pretty low-level mission) and upgraded one of them.

You have to upgrade a Collector's Catalog to get it. You can buy that.

I got a Deceptisol from a Toise a little while ago with no Survivalist's Catalog. o_O

I'm wondering what component I should use to upgrade weapons to Tier 2. Particle Accelerators? Perfect Conductors? UC Reactors would result in a lot of XP loss since 1 would be roughly 15-20k over what I need.

I tend to use particle accelerators if I need a moderate amount of exp. Note, though, that if the reactor will only put you 15-20k over it might still be worth it as the cost per exp point is much lower with the reactor than with the paricle accelerator.

It seemed to me the particle accelerators are about twice as expensive per exp than the reactor.

I know PA cost 10,000 and Reactors cost 50,000. Going off memory I think for one weapon I was going to get 14,400 exp from PAs and 112,000-124,000 exp from Reactors. Given that you'd have to buy 8-9 PAs to get what 1 reactor gives you, the 15-20K loss isn't really that bad.

Perhaps I should explain my thinking on this.

I suspect it will take 7 Reactors at 3x EXP a piece to upgrade from a Tier 2 to a Tier 3 Weapon. I have to do this 3 times. That equates to 1,050,000 gil. I'm close to that currently (If I get one more Ingot, I'm there). I'd like to save them for that process. Otherwise, I'd have to get 18 more to get all of my remaining weapons to Tier 2. That's another 900,000 gil I'd need.

I haven't done the math on Accelerators and Barbed Tails yet, but I'm guessing it's far less than 900,000 gil.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Yeah no, it's not wrong because the Charms are all in the Steppe, so you can't miss them. I don't know what kind of stupid logic is behind selling them, but that's a case of you jewing yourself out of the trophy. There's no treasure chest or anything you can MISS that will prevent you from getting Treasure Hunter.

That's like saying, you can't get a Champion's Badge if you missed the treasure chest in Chapter 12 and sold your Gold Watch. Well, why the fuck would you sell the Gold Watch?

/sigh[/QUOTE]

I think if a trophy is missable, we pretty much interpret that to mean you have to start a new game (or NG+) to get that trophy. An example would be fully researching every enemy in Bioshock 1 if you forgot to fully research the Bouncer, for example.

With that definition in mind, yes, you can absolutely miss the treasure hunter trophy, even if you 'jew' (classy) yourself out by selling the charms. It'd be just like my example though where you accidentally forget to research an enemy fully, and boom, you're screwed.

Yeah, no NG+ sucks. I'd definitely give the game a NG+ go if I was allowed to because I'd like to destroy everything that game me so much trouble beforehand. It's like going back through Devil May Cry 3 on Normal with max upgrades. For all the pain and suffering the game put you through, you want REVENGE!

Sweet, sweet revenge.

[quote name='io']I spent about an hour death-spamming them last night with Connoisseur and Collector Catalogs equipped. I killed 4 or 5, and got 2 Ingots, no Traps... Oh well... I was trying to death spam mission 55 to get the growth egg but after about 15 tries of 4-5 Death spells each I gave up. Something I read on the Intertubes said the Neochu (or whatever it is called) was vulnerable to that but it clearly didn't work for me while it was relatively effective against the Toises (worked probably 1 out of 4 encounters).[/QUOTE]If you want to try your luck with instant-chain, I posted my strat a page or so back. I beat him with ease once it proc'd since he can be launched. Have Lightning as COM and use her lionheart (or variation) combined with speed sash to trigger the synth. You get a ton more chances for it to instant stagger, since every swing could do it before the screech.
[quote name='KingBroly']I'm wondering what component I should use to upgrade weapons to Tier 2. Particle Accelerators? Perfect Conductors? UC Reactors would result in a lot of XP loss since 1 would be roughly 15-20k over what I need.[/QUOTE]
Use the exp calculator to figure out how much you need, then buy enough UC Reactors to get you below that then finish it off with particle accelerators. That's what I've been doing to maximize gil usage.

You should consider using an Eidolon right off the bat to take care of the little guys to give you a little more time.

After that, start off with SAB/SAB/SAB or something to that effect. Put up every debuff you possibly can, especially Imperil and Curse.

After that's all on, switch to SAB/RAV/RAV and start spamming Death w/ Vanille. In most cases, it'll land in the first 3-4 casts, otherwise it's just bad luck.

If you need to switch to SAB/SEN/MED or SAB/RAV/MED that's fine, since at that point the defbbus are still on him and the chain gauge won't fall off. You also won't be getting slammed as much since he'll be summoning new Microchus.

You could also forego a round of Death, instead casting a Renew (saves you from having shifting to a MED, while the other RAVs build up the gauge even more).

It should take you less than a minute to kill it, might take a reset or two but the process itself is easy as hell.

[quote name='io']OK, so let me know what those are. I have Malboro Wand maxed out for Vanille. The stagger gauge of course is empty because I'm trying to kill the bastard before he Screeches and wipes me out. Otherwise I'm using Fang as a Sentinel and Lightning as a Medic because the little chirpy guys keep pounding on everyone and that gives me 3-6 Death attacks before a Screech. I was going in with both Fortisol and Agisol (I think)? In any case, the 2 that give you pretty much all the buffs. Note that I didn't do that on the toises and had much better luck (though I did the SAB/SEN/MED there as well as that buys me about 4-5 tries with Death whereas if I go in SAB/COM/RAV I get maybe 1 or 2).

combatrhombus - I got two Collector's Catalogs from missions/treasure (I forget exactly where but one was a pretty low-level mission) and upgraded one of them.[/QUOTE]

Generally if a lot of EXP is wasted by using a UA + you can max an item out with less than x99 Superconductors, they're the most efficient way to do it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyone have a link to the XP calculator? Because I'm about to go through this process of upgrading everything.[/QUOTE]

http://1517dp.com/blog/ff-xiii-exp-calc

It doesn't tell you how much EXP a component will give that item though... I was to lazy to finish it.

There's a guide on GFAQs that will give you all the fields you need to enter in. Or... I guess since you're only upgrading weapons you don't even need the calculator. The guide has all the values.

Wasn't there a better strat for taking out adamant's without using a summon? So far I've killed 3 and got two ingots, but the thing slowing me down most is having to farm the TP back up lol. I looked into generating ethersol, but upgrading to an energy sash costs waaaaaaaaaay too much to be efficient.

Actually, nevermind. I was being a fucking retard and trying to maintain 5 TP slots. Now that I just let it drop to 0 I almost always end up with 2 TP filled straight out of the fight. Oh and I got another ingot, making that 3 in a row lol. I must be having amazing luck, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']If you want to try your luck with instant-chain, I posted my strat a page or so back. I beat him with ease once it proc'd since he can be launched. Have Lightning as COM and use her lionheart (or variation) combined with speed sash to trigger the synth. You get a ton more chances for it to instant stagger, since every swing could do it before the screech.[/QUOTE]

I tried that and got him staggered once but I couldn't do nearly enough damage to take him out before the stagger dropped off. I think I got him like 1/3 damaged. Meanwhile the little bastards were beating on my chars and almost killed them by themselves while I was on relentless assault or aggression (think I used both). I tried to do it again to see if maybe I just didn't notice he was staggered quickly enough (I was so bored with it I think I may not have noticed right away) but gave up after 6 or 7 more battles with no insta-chain.

[quote name='Jodou']Wasn't there a better strat for taking out adamant's without using a summon? So far I've killed 3 and got two ingots, but the thing slowing me down most is having to farm the TP back up lol. I looked into generating ethersol, but upgrading to an energy sash costs waaaaaaaaaay too much to be efficient.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can Death spam them pretty easily - like I said I did this last night. I got them about every 4 tries and when you do it can take as little as 10-20 seconds.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You should consider using an Eidolon right off the bat to take care of the little guys to give you a little more time.

After that, start off with SAB/SAB/SAB or something to that effect. Put up every debuff you possibly can, especially Imperil and Curse.

After that's all on, switch to SAB/RAV/RAV and start spamming Death w/ Vanille. In most cases, it'll land in the first 3-4 casts, otherwise it's just bad luck.

If you need to switch to SAB/SEN/MED or SAB/RAV/MED that's fine, since at that point the defbbus are still on him and the chain gauge won't fall off. You also won't be getting slammed as much since he'll be summoning new Microchus.

You could also forego a round of Death, instead casting a Renew (saves you from having shifting to a MED, while the other RAVs build up the gauge even more).

It should take you less than a minute to kill it, might take a reset or two but the process itself is easy as hell.

Generally if a lot of EXP is wasted by using a UA + you can max an item out with less than x99 Superconductors, they're the most efficient way to do it.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll try the summon - I so rarely ever use those I almost forgot about them. I just hate going through all the Eidolan stuff and then having to retry. Spamming Death right off the bat at least is pretty quick. I usually get killed off in 30-60 seconds and get 4-5 shots in there. But yeah, it wasn't working so I guess I have to debuff more. I'm not entirely sure how the summon fight works - it seems like I rarely ever do any damage with them, though I did get my limit break trophy the last time I used one.

I thought I had read about the Superconducters but never made much use of them. It always seems like a reactor or two and the particle accellerators + whatever I have laying around to finish it off works just fine.

Broly - not sure where you are getting 7 x reactors to upgrade from Tier 2 to Tier 3. I got my Tier 2's maxed out with at most 2 reactors - that's just 100,000 gil. I think all I need to make them Tier 3 is a Trap now, right? It doesn't seem like that much expense to upgrade. The hard part is getting the catalysts. I wanted to upgrade my Witch's bracelets so I got them to max pretty easily (only level 11). But then I saw I needed some catalyst I never found that costs a ton to buy.

Jodou, try this strategy. It worked for me when I was pretty underleveled and I haven't died at all, even when the dude does his roar. The key is having a medic out at all times until he's down. It's a little slower but a lot safer, and it still only takes about 2:30. I'd recommend using Ruin when you attack him the first round with Fang.

I found out the hard way that when you have Fang run up and attack his leg normally, if he stomps, he can sometimes OHKO Fang, which really sucks. Ruin has the same effect (slowing down the stagger gauge) except you're at a really safe distance.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=928790&topic=54073377&user=45677
Cyradis
Posted 3/25/2010 5:46:24 AM
message detailI'll give you my strat.

Fang/Hope/Vanille
A) COM/SYN/MED
B) RAV/MED/RAV
C) SAB/SYN/SAB
D) RAV/RAV/RAV
E) COM/COM/COM

(having commando maxed out helps a lot, but at least have ruin on hope and vanille)

This is how the fight goes:

One round of attacks against left leg with A.
Switch to B, wait till leg is broken to about 600%
Switch back to A, Highwind left leg. Left leg is now dead.

One round of attacks against right leg with A
Switch back to A, Highwind right leg. Right leg is now dead.

Switch to C. Either auto-battle or spam imperil at it until the adamantoise has Imperil/Deshell/Deprotect (Shouldnt take more than two rounds)

Switch to D. Break to 999%

Switch to E. Adamantoise will die.

I don't see how you can do all that. If I'm not in SEN mode with Fang, the Adamantoise kills all my characters with ONE stomp, right at the very beginning of the battle. There isn't even time to choose anything manually let alone all that complicatedness.

With SEN I can buy 4-5 rounds of Death spamming. I don't see how I can ever (at this point) attack him for real. I'm still pre-endgame though so I don't even have RAV for Fang, for example, which is in that strat. Oh, and no 10th Tier/Level 5 to the Crystarium yet, either, of course.

I'm not too keen on killing them now, anyway, though. I just wanted to try it last night after Death didn't work on Mission 55 - I wanted to make sure Death actually did something ever. But now that I have Prinny's strat for the Neochu I'm going to try that again. I might as well get that Growth Egg before finishing off the endgame. I went through a lot of Titan's missions (some were painfully easy, others not so much like the 3 Tonberries) already and only have a handful of other incomplete ones. I guess there are a few more to find too...

By the way, I don't see how anyone finds Mission 55 without a map or FAQ - it isn't even listed in the Mission FAQ (which supposedly covers all the hard ones) and I couldn't find any info about it in any of the normal walkthroughs either. That is one you can't find by looking at the map. It is in
Oerba, hidden in the roof garden off a side-path - you don't see the marker on the map unless you in that very small specific space.
I found it using the complete mission map guide that someone posted earlier - a very useful site indeed (and it isn't linked from GameFAQs).

Oh you definitely have to have completed the game to access the Level 10 nodes, the HP boosts there are definitely necessary. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

[quote name='io']I don't see how you can do all that. If I'm not in SEN mode with Fang, the Adamantoise kills all my characters with ONE stomp, right at the very beginning of the battle. There isn't even time to choose anything manually let alone all that complicatedness.

With SEN I can buy 4-5 rounds of Death spamming. I don't see how I can ever (at this point) attack him for real. I'm still pre-endgame though so I don't even have RAV for Fang, for example, which is in that strat. Oh, and no 10th Tier/Level 5 to the Crystarium yet, either, of course.

I'm not too keen on killing them now, anyway, though. I just wanted to try it last night after Death didn't work on Mission 55 - I wanted to make sure Death actually did something ever. But now that I have Prinny's strat for the Neochu I'm going to try that again. I might as well get that Growth Egg before finishing off the endgame. I went through a lot of Titan's missions (some were painfully easy, others not so much like the 3 Tonberries) already and only have a handful of other incomplete ones. I guess there are a few more to find too...

By the way, I don't see how anyone finds Mission 55 without a map or FAQ - it isn't even listed in the Mission FAQ (which supposedly covers all the hard ones) and I couldn't find any info about it in any of the normal walkthroughs either. That is one you can't find by looking at the map. It is in
Oerba, hidden in the roof garden off a side-path - you don't see the marker on the map unless you in that very small specific space.
I found it using the complete mission map guide that someone posted earlier - a very useful site indeed (and it isn't linked from GameFAQs).[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what you people are talking about now... Neochu or Adamantoise but yeah, you should use a summon at the beginning of both of them if you're that undergeared.

I hope you're not trying to spam Death on the turtle when he's standing up though... that's a massive waste of time.

55 and 64 are the only missions not marked. 64 is the last one, and it's at the very end of Oerba, so yeah. I'm not exactly sure why they had these two hidden... made it really seem like the Faultwarrens were the last of the "hard" ones.

[quote name='io']I don't see how you can do all that. If I'm not in SEN mode with Fang, the Adamantoise kills all my characters with ONE stomp, right at the very beginning of the battle. There isn't even time to choose anything manually let alone all that complicatedness.[/QUOTE]

Yella

[quote name='io']I tried that and got him staggered once but I couldn't do nearly enough damage to take him out before the stagger dropped off. I think I got him like 1/3 damaged. Meanwhile the little bastards were beating on my chars and almost killed them by themselves while I was on relentless assault or aggression (think I used both). I tried to do it again to see if maybe I just didn't notice he was staggered quickly enough (I was so bored with it I think I may not have noticed right away) but gave up after 6 or 7 more battles with no insta-chain.[/QUOTE]Didn't realize you were still sub-tier 5, so that strat probably won't work. :\
[quote name='IRHari']Jodou, try this strategy.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate it, but I figured out the easiest way to just replenish 1-2 bars in like two fights.

OK, I'm going to gloat but I've just killed my 8th turtle and got a trap. Only one turtle has dropped nothing and it has been ingots every kill otherwise. I'm sitting on about 2.5 mil, so should I just exploit the kain's lance for more traps or keep farming? I mean, at this rate I might be able to just save all that gil towards upgrading, plus I still need to max out my chars anyhow.

[quote name='Jodou']Didn't realize you were still sub-tier 5, so that strat probably won't work. :\

Appreciate it, but I figured out the easiest way to just replenish 1-2 bars in like two fights.

OK, I'm going to gloat but I've just killed my 8th turtle and got a trap. Only one turtle has dropped nothing and it has been ingots every kill otherwise. I'm sitting on about 2.5 mil, so should I just exploit the kain's lance for more traps or keep farming? I mean, at this rate I might be able to just save all that gil towards upgrading, plus I still need to max out my chars anyhow.[/QUOTE]

You realistically need about 8mill or more depending on if you wanna max everything or just get treasure hunter ASAP. Keep farming till you get 6 Traps, if you're like me... I still needed 3mill after I got my 6th. Ingots!!!!!!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You realistically need about 8mill or more depending on if you wanna max everything or just get treasure hunter ASAP. Keep farming till you get 6 Traps, if you're like me... I still needed 3mill after I got my 6th. Ingots!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Right on; no more traps so far, but ingots galore!

[quote name='IRHari']Jodou, try this strategy. It worked for me when I was pretty underleveled and I haven't died at all, even when the dude does his roar. The key is having a medic out at all times until he's down. It's a little slower but a lot safer, and it still only takes about 2:30. I'd recommend using Ruin when you attack him the first round with Fang.

I found out the hard way that when you have Fang run up and attack his leg normally, if he stomps, he can sometimes OHKO Fang, which really sucks. Ruin has the same effect (slowing down the stagger gauge) except you're at a really safe distance.

Cyradis
Posted 3/25/2010 5:46:24 AM
message detailI'll give you my strat.

Fang/Hope/Vanille
A) COM/SYN/MED
B) RAV/MED/RAV
C) SAB/SYN/SAB
D) RAV/RAV/RAV
E) COM/COM/COM

(having commando maxed out helps a lot, but at least have ruin on hope and vanille)

This is how the fight goes:

One round of attacks against left leg with A.
Switch back to A, Highwind left leg. Left leg is now dead.

One round of attacks against right leg with A
Switch back to A, Highwind right leg. Right leg is now dead.

Switch to C. Either auto-battle or spam imperil at it until the adamantoise has Imperil/Deshell/Deprotect (Shouldnt take more than two rounds)

Switch to D. Break to 999%

Switch to E. Adamantoise will die.
[/QUOTE]

All done 5-starring missions, and have everyone close to 5/6 maxed. Will this work for (Shao)Long Gui farming? I don't think I have any more 'toises wandering around anywhere.

A few posts back I posted a strat for Long Gui farming. Should work pretty well. I think it'll be a harder strat to use on Long Gui only because they hit much harder. I wouldn't know either, I've taken a break from FF13 so I can play some Gow3.

Lemme know if it works, if you try it.

[quote name='Jodou']Right on; no more traps so far, but ingots galore![/QUOTE]

If you just want the Platinum I'd advise not upgrading anything to tier 3 (leave your 6 chosen weapons starred at Tier 2) until the very end when you're about to get Treasure Hunter. It'll reduce your farming time substantially.

But if your luck holds it might not matter, heh.

[quote name='Magus8472']If you just want the Platinum I'd advise not upgrading anything to tier 3 (leave your 6 chosen weapons starred at Tier 2) until the very end when you're about to get Treasure Hunter. It'll reduce your farming time substantially.

But if your luck holds it might not matter, heh.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I don't plan to because it both lowers your score time for 5* and loses the synthesis buff group. I'm doing pretty fucking amazing for ingots since I've blown through 20-25 now and only about 5 have given me nothing. Still just one trap, but at least I'm killing a few birds with one stone.

Hmm, this is odd. I have all the mission 1-62 5-starred and the mission info screen says 96%.... I also don't have the last two mission trophies; am I missing one?

[quote name='halfbent']Hmm, this is odd. I have all the mission 1-62 5-starred and the mission info screen says 96%.... I also don't have the last two mission trophies; am I missing one?[/QUOTE]

There are 64 total; the stone for 63's in Sulyya Springs and the one for 64 is across the big bridge in
Oerba, where you took the shuttle back to Cocoon

Strange, all the guides I saw only had 62. Idiots. =P

edit:: Ugh.. if I had just opened Draekon's that I had bookmarked I'd have noticed.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I don't even know what you people are talking about now... Neochu or Adamantoise but yeah, you should use a summon at the beginning of both of them if you're that undergeared.

I hope you're not trying to spam Death on the turtle when he's standing up though... that's a massive waste of time..[/QUOTE]

I was kind of going back and forth about both. I'm not sure what you mean about "not trying to spam Death on the turtle when he's standing up though". If by "standing up" you mean the way he is when the battle first starts, that's all I've done and it has worked quite well. I've never seen them any other way - I can't do anything to them except SEN guard and throw a few Death spells at them before getting killed. I've never had time to go after the legs.

But like I said, I don't need to go after them any more - I can wait till post-game. I would like to get Mission 55 done now, though (before going to the end), so I will try that again with a Summons.

[quote name='io']I was kind of going back and forth about both. I'm not sure what you mean about "not trying to spam Death on the turtle when he's standing up though". If by "standing up" you mean the way he is when the battle first starts, that's all I've done and it has worked quite well. I've never seen them any other way - I can't do anything to them except SEN guard and throw a few Death spells at them before getting killed. I've never had time to go after the legs.

But like I said, I don't need to go after them any more - I can wait till post-game. I would like to get Mission 55 done now, though (before going to the end), so I will try that again with a Summons.[/QUOTE]

Summons instantly (1HKO the legs) make the turtles fall down, and when they're down you can throw 5 debuffs on him, stagger + build chain gauge all while spamming Death. Strat. is basically like the Neochu one, same paradigms and everything. The hit chance while he's down is so much higher, it's not even funny. You just need to worry about recharging TP, like Judou is doing.

Also, you know you can skip Eidolon animations and such right? Using them doesn't actually take that long. For these strats, you can just summon them, SELECT to skip animation, SQUARE to instantly go into Gestalt mode, TRIANGLE to end it w/ its ultimate attack and that's it. It takes like... ~20 seconds? If that doesn't kill the Microchus though... I guess you'd have to build the chain gauge up a bit first while in Gestalt.

If you're farming Toise, I'd suggest keeping the fight whenever you get a drop, whether it's a Trap or Ingot. It'll save you some time later because when you're farming them later, you'll be able to take them down easier. Plus, you'll get a lot more Traps that way in the long run.

bread's done
Back