Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

And theres absolutely no way bard is the #1 dps class

It just cant be possible

What im hearing from everyone, is that nobody wants a bard in their party, unless its a LARGE party
Then they're fools. It's impossible to tell what class is top dps without proper parses from top players and a large sample size anyway. All I know is my damage is ramping up very quickly with some gear and when two bards are in a party, shit dies very quickly. And unless there's another support job I don't know about, we provide some pretty useful buffs/debuffs. The rotation is also very difficult but I'm starting to master it, knowing when to line up refreshes on dots and self buffs while weaving bloodletter/misery's end. I've also observed that there's a TON of boss abilities that require melee to run out, which is a dps loss all while bards keep plucking away. We don't have mobility issues like casters either, so any time they have to move is a dps loss. Seems like overall archer would come out ahead since there's literally zero downtime and the ability to target swap quickly if needed.

At any rate, it wouldn't surprise me at all archers have a bad name since there's probably tons of them and most are bads. I plan to alt spec to lancer/dragoon once I hit 50, so after maybe a month or so of testing I can report back with some real results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then they're fools. It's impossible to tell what class is top dps without proper parses from top players and a large sample size anyway. All I know is my damage is ramping up very quickly with some gear and when two bards are in a party, shit dies very quickly. And unless there's another support job I don't know about, we provide some pretty useful buffs/debuffs. The rotation is also very difficult but I'm starting to master it, knowing when to line up refreshes on dots and self buffs while weaving bloodletter/misery's end. I've also observed that there's a TON of boss abilities that require melee to run out, which is a dps loss all while bards keep plucking away. We don't have mobility issues like casters either, so any time they have to move is a dps loss. Seems like overall archer would come out ahead since there's literally zero downtime and the ability to target swap quickly if needed.

At any rate, it wouldn't surprise me at all archers have a bad name since there's probably tons of them and most are bads. I plan to alt spec to lancer/dragoon once I hit 50, so after maybe a month or so of testing I can report back with some real results.
ffxiv doesnt really have any advcanced formulas to figure out dps rotations and stuff

Most classes have like 4-5~ main abilities that they rotate, and thats pretty much it

I dont imagine it would be very difficult to figure out which has the highest/lowest dps

Eitherway im relatively certain that its BLM vs Monk for the title depending on the fights mechanics

Not to mention bards best songs have effects like "Increases mana regen for party, reduces damage done by you by 20%"

So as long as Bards are filling their class role (which is supporting parties) then theyre getting that 20% damage debuff

Problem is in a party of 4 the effectiveness of their songs is reduced (since each party has 2 dps, and the bard counts as one, and hes taking a 20% hit to damage)

But if you have a full party, the bard adds MUCH more. Especially if you factor in his abilities like + tp regen for melee which is pretty amazing

That said when they add the musketeer class, Archers could end up having some nasty dps (as musketeers)

hmm, 

I could be wrong

Songs like they might of changed bard around, so that they can use archer/lancer/puglist skills?

I've heard similar to Jodou.  It's my understanding that Bards should be the top DPS class without a song up.  But, of course, they will have one up a lot of the time in which case other classes probably do more damage.

I've partied with a bunch of bards, they do very good damage.

I'll be on a lot Friday and Saturday night if anyone wants to run some of the lower level dungeons.  Right now I am working on leveling up Blacksmith and Armorer to upgrade my GLDs gear.

I'll be on a lot Friday and Saturday night if anyone wants to run some of the lower level dungeons. Right now I am working on leveling up Blacksmith and Armorer to upgrade my GLDs gear.
I'm always down. My Black Mage is level 35, but I'm slowly working on leveling up Arcanist and Archer as well, so I'm always interested in running the low-level dungeons.

I'm not advancing in the main story while I wait for friends to catch up, so I spent all of yesterday running Brayflox's Longstop trying to assemble the full Battlemage gearset. I've got all of it but the hat now, and I've got to say it looks pretty badass: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1548049/

I'm always down. My Black Mage is level 35, but I'm slowly working on leveling up Arcanist and Archer as well, so I'm always interested in running the low-level dungeons.

I'm not advancing in the main story while I wait for friends to catch up, so I spent all of yesterday running Brayflox's Longstop trying to assemble the full Battlemage gearset. I've got all of it but the hat now, and I've got to say it looks pretty badass: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1548049/
Where are you in the story? I'm at the point right after joining a Grand Company where you're supposed to go back and talk to Minfilia again.

I have been really slacking on progressing the story.  I am at the second dungeon in the story line.  I'm thinking of focusing on getting Culinarian up first because I made a nice amount of money in FFXI with cooking.

Where are you in the story? I'm at the point right after joining a Grand Company where you're supposed to go back and talk to Minfilia again.
I'm right at the Brayflox's Longstop quest. I just wanted to unlock the dungeon, I haven't turned it in the quest yet.

quick question how do you check that world are you in ? and i notice that my server has this (EU) on the side does this mean im in Europe server ?

quick question how do you check that world are you in ? and i notice that my server has this (EU) on the side does this mean im in Europe server ?
I believe it has it up top but it only lists characters for one server at a time. You can change the server by selecting the option beside new character up top.( I can't remember what it is called but it is there.)

EU means you are on a European server.

I believe it has it up top but it only lists characters for one server at a time. You can change the server by selecting the option beside new character up top.( I can't remember what it is called but it is there.)

EU means you are on a European server.
thanks for info. i have a feeling last nyt im in europe lol. but why did they put all the Server on my list in EU. i live in USA hmm ? guess i have to make a new character to a USA server.

thanks again

Guys I need some help, I'm trying to raise a Carpenter.

Currently at lv12 and the next Craft Quest is at lv15.

Should I use the npc-quests on my craft or second class for the Job class.... I dont know if thats smart or should I continue grinding away at making CRP items over and over again...this is ridiculously tedious. Quick Syn is cool but ugh I need the exp... why cant the crafting be like normal MMORPGs with batch mode that doenst make you lose Exp... =(

Should I use the npc-quests on my craft or second class for the Job class.... I dont know if thats smart or should I continue grinding away at making CRP items over and over again...this is ridiculously tedious. Quick Syn is cool but ugh I need the exp... why cant the crafting be like normal MMORPGs with batch mode that doenst make you lose Exp... =(
Go out into the field and do the carpentry levemetes. There is one that requires nothing more than an ash shield, materials for it can be bought from the vendor in the guild hall. If you turn in HQ you get a huge bonus.

Leves man, leves. The tradecraft leves are huge EXP boosts, especially if you turn in a high quality item, which gets you a 200% EXP boost. I don't use any of my leve allowances for my combat classes, I use them all on gathering/crafting. The only downside to leves is you don't get to keep what you gather/make for them, but for leveling up they're great.

Where do you get gathering leves? And what is the limit on how many you can do?
Same place you get combat leves, pretty much any levemete (depending on level). They share the same allowance as the combat leves, so 6 per day + whatever you've accrued so far.

Would definitely be good for you as a fisher since I know you were saying you don't really know what to do with your fish once you've caught 'em.

Cool. I did one or two combat leves when they first unlocked, but then I kind of forgot all about leves until I needed to do guildleves to get Flame seals for my chocobo license. I've never even tried a gathering leve.

Cool. I did one or two combat leves when they first unlocked, but then I kind of forgot all about leves until I needed to do guildleves to get Flame seals for my chocobo license. I've never even tried a gathering leve.
It's basically just "do what you'd normally do, but give us the fish." There are a few wrinkles to improve your score (and thus get a bigger EXP bonus) but they're pretty straightforward.

Wow, there is a whole troop of Archer bots in the East Shroud.  They basically just stand there and once a mob aggros on you they all open fire on it.

Wonder how long it takes to level to 50 that way.  :D

Edit:  Here's a screenshot of them in action.

NCo3utN.jpg

At least Square did not screw over people who bought both versions of the game(PS3 and PC). I just checked mine and I have a subscription for 2 months instead of only 1 month.

My sub still hasn't popped up from the PSN store. I put in all the codes but it still says I only have one day left...
Check on the S-E account website that you don't have more than one service account. You might have inadvertently put the 30 free days on a different service account than the one you're using. The process is super confusing and a ton of people accidentally created more than one service account, it's a big issue going on on the official forums. They can merge your service accounts but you'll probably have to put in a trouble ticket.

Finally got on after about an hour and a half. Weird thing is I started seeing a queue message about being 232 in line but I thought they didn't have log in queues.

I have a level 11 archer, want to eventually become a bard (know I have a ways to go lol). What subclass do I need to get to level 15 - lancer or puglist? I'm seeing both :/

Check on the S-E account website that you don't have more than one service account. You might have inadvertently put the 30 free days on a different service account than the one you're using. The process is super confusing and a ton of people accidentally created more than one service account, it's a big issue going on on the official forums. They can merge your service accounts but you'll probably have to put in a trouble ticket.
Yup. I did that and I am still waiting for them to take action. It's been 48 hours.

Yea I put in a ticket a week ago and got an email yesterday saying that they were very sorry they didn't get to my ticket.  It has been cancelled, please send another one.  :dunce:

Yea I put in a ticket a week ago and got an email yesterday says that they were very sorry they didn't get to my ticket. It has been cancelled, please send another one. :dunce:
I would resubmit the ticket and try to get a hold of them either via chat or phone. Phone is a ridiculously long wait. First day I tried, I called around 9 am PST, and was already on hold for 45 min. Hung up. Yesterday I was in chat queue for 2 hours, made it to next person to be helped, then got the generic error: Agent unavailable. Then it drops me. /sigh You just have to keep trying...

Anyway, chat link:

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=67428&id=496&la=1&SQEXSC=12c3t5gpkt1l8vpu7ou3jo0a66

Click on the "Additional Assistance" button.
Select Account/Billing as your first option.
Select Additional Services.
Type in a short blurb about your problem, click next.
Fill out some info, then click the chat option on the next page.

Phone Number: 858-790-7529

Edit: Well, I tried to say the hell with CS, but then I found out that FFXIV:ARR is no longer for sale on the PSN store. (SE Must have requested it to be brought down at the same time they took their own listing down.)

/sigh

Back to the waiting of CS Queues...

Yeah they have the worst customer service of any company ive EVER dealt with

45 minutes - 2 + hours for support is absolutely absurd and completely unacceptable in any industry. 

I put in a ticket regarding an invalid headstart code (which means it was probably the 21st~ or so?)

They emailed me back yesterday saying "Sorry for the wait, we have bigger problems, your ticket has been closed. If its still a problem open a new one"

I mean I just did the amazon trick to fix the headstart code, but SE is truly offers one of the shittiest customer services of all time 

Now the early access period ends, is the server status any better? I'm holding until the server is ready to redeem my key so that I don't waste my subscription in queuing - I can only play 1 - 1.5 hours per day during weekdays. In the past several days half of that time was spent on waiting. 

I'd like to know the status tonight, a Friday evening before the long weekend. Hope things get better. 

Now the early access period ends, is the server status any better? I'm holding until the server is ready to redeem my key so that I don't waste my subscription in queuing - I can only play 1 - 1.5 hours per day during weekdays. In the past several days half of that time was spent on waiting.

I'd like to know the status tonight, a Friday evening before the long weekend. Hope things get better.
To my eye, it's getting better, but it's still not where it needs to be yet. I logged in at around 3:30 EST yesterday and while I didn't get in right away, it took less than 5 minutes. Later on I had to restart after I lost internet, and I got straight into a queue.

That was a Thursday afternoon/evening though, so I fully expect there to be more traffic tonight and over a 3-day weekend.

Anecdotally, I had a far easier time logging in yesterday than any other day since day 1 of early access, before the login limitations were in effect. I logged in three different times yesterday: The first two times I got in within 10 or 15 minutes of attempts, the third almost immediately (2 or 3 attempts).

Before yesterday, it would take me around an hour and a half to log in.

bread's done
Back