Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Got my Ifrit weapons last night, which I'm pretty happy about. :D

13865833975_ede6e3322b_o.png

And chugging along on the relic weapon quest, and I opened up Crystal Tower. Feel like I'm getting the hang of the endgame stuff a little bit-- at least the beginning of it. Ampador Keep is my new home. :lol:

Has the option to enlarge NPC text on PS4 been added? It wasn't possible in the first Beta back in February and I heard it would be implemented at a later date. Can anyone confirm this?

That's great to hear. One of my friends played the beta on PS4 but passed on buying the game partly because he couldn't read any of the NPC dialog.

Made some progress on T8 tonight; getting to about 25% consistently now while monitoring DPS to see where we're at (1650 with two tank strat so almost there).  Was shocked to see bard loot so soon, so got my BiS gloves out of the way and won the roll on oil to upgrade earrings to BiS.  Also made a new friend today. . .

5CYHWkA.png

Them Feels

VzOixQI.png

Picked up three pieces of Fuma gear last night over two runs of Crystal Tower. There's an advantage to running this content a few months behind everyone else. :lol:

The mechanics of the new turns so far have been awesome.
All except for T8, where it's a gear check over skill check. The fight itself is not overly hard and nobody is dying for the most part on our attempts as we're ironing out how to handle the three towers. I don't like the fact they made this fight so tight purely to keep guilds from beating it within the first month and getting bored afterward. Obviously if we pushed ourselves and put in the time to farm mirrors for our dps then we'd probably see a kill this week. With Easter though, that's unlikely.

That said, T6-7 were well designed but I don't like how bad RNG can wipe us on occasion. Having a bulb in the middle during bee phase on T6 can potentially wipe the raid since melee have to spread for chains and then stop dps for blighted. For T7 the timing of cursed shriek being reset during a phase change can wipe us also. Little more consistency in mechanics would be nice SE. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
so i finally plat ffxiii and im going to start up ffxiv ill meet some of you on exodus (?) im gonna have to register it and make new character .. fyi its tied to account right ? cuz i may have new ps3 in few months after i give mine to nephew for his bday..

I like T8 mechanics, and we do 1 tank so we're well over the 1700 dps req. Still able to have 320 while singing.

Just have to time shit better in the last phase and it should be down on Thurs, next raid day.

And We kill the t6 bulb in mid pretty quickly so it isnt that much of a problem and the only scary rng in t7 is having Renauld spawn on a add and the boss other than that everything is pretty much a cake walk.

So it's installing from ps3 disc right now do I need the disc in there after its all done? It didn't explain that in manual

All except for T8, where it's a gear check over skill check. The fight itself is not overly hard and nobody is dying for the most part on our attempts as we're ironing out how to handle the three towers. I don't like the fact they made this fight so tight purely to keep guilds from beating it within the first month and getting bored afterward. Obviously if we pushed ourselves and put in the time to farm mirrors for our dps then we'd probably see a kill this week. With Easter though, that's unlikely.

That said, T6-7 were well designed but I don't like how bad RNG can wipe us on occasion. Having a bulb in the middle during bee phase on T6 can potentially wipe the raid since melee have to spread for chains and then stop dps for blighted. For T7 the timing of cursed shriek being reset during a phase change can wipe us also. Little more consistency in mechanics would be nice SE. . .
Happy you're a BRD too, idk what to get with my SOL tomes now. Considering how close we are to beating T8 and the loot table for T6-7. I have a UAT from T7 already so getting the Rosenbogen(sp?) upgraded would be a good choice even though I already have the upgraded i100 wave bow? Drops havent been too good, 3 weeks and only 1 BRD piece which I lost to our other BRD. Pretty lost on what the next best thing to spend my sol tomes on.

Happy you're a BRD too, idk what to get with my SOL tomes now. Considering how close we are to beating T8 and the loot table for T6-7. I have a UAT from T7 already so getting the Rosenbogen(sp?) upgraded would be a good choice even though I already have the upgraded i100 wave bow? Drops havent been too good, 3 weeks and only 1 BRD piece which I lost to our other BRD. Pretty lost on what the next best thing to spend my sol tomes on.
Mirror refuses to drop for me after a lot of farming so I'm starting to hold soldier for the bow. Over Tidal Wave, not worth it until you can get sands to upgrade it. You'll need to balance the loss of acc too, so without high allagan gloves and boots you'll be SOL for using a 110 weapon.

Anybody on adamantoise, i'm stucked on Titan Ex and Turn 5 for 2 months :( My friends left the game and now no fc and pt for that... 

ps:. party finder got many trolls and rage quitters 

Lol, I can never bring myself to pay for rewards that far in advance.  I'll have those in half a year. . .

Meanwhile in Eorzea. . .

TWiztZO.png

Easter Bunny!

AQFUXua.png

Sexy Mage Glamour (NSFW)

hWdeNXK.png

Dude! idk how many Brayfox runs but I never see that Minion lol

And today, got T8 to 3% fuckING 3%! and last dread pops, healer got agro and it wiped the group lol. 

Almost teared a little. 

T8 Down! DRG Head and TANK Gloves.

3a0VeDw.jpg

Nice.  We're pushing 1750 with two tank strat now so we're over the dps hump but still can't get a smooth transition after third towers.  Would have killed it last night around the same time you did if not for that.  I feel like you guys took the easier path since you can have a dps die and still win whereas if anybody dies on our runs, we have to just wipe it then and there.  That is of course unless you're carrying bad dps. :p

I'm a bit confused about the first Hatching Tide quest, which seems to be telling me to go all the way to Gridania, from Ul'dah, to talk to somebody that seems like an awfully long way to go for the first quest of this thing considering my quests so far have all been centered around Thanalan. My attempts to Google some tips seems to just focus on killing spriggans for eggs, so I don't know if I'm just misreading what's going on or not.

Nice. We're pushing 1750 with two tank strat now so we're over the dps hump but still can't get a smooth transition after third towers. Would have killed it last night around the same time you did if not for that. I feel like you guys took the easier path since you can have a dps die and still win whereas if anybody dies on our runs, we have to just wipe it then and there. That is of course unless you're carrying bad dps. :p
Its actually harder doing 1 tank since its all about execution. You should have a cakewalk if you're pushing 1750 with two tanks lol

And dps is usually SMN 350, me(mechanics, brainjack and tethers) 330 other BRD 290(he sings) MNK 300(switched from main) DRG 340. Hardest part about 1 tank is assigning everybody an area to clear when mines drop and dread phase. Alllll about execution.

But yeah, week 3 and 0 drops for me. Its hard out there lol

Its actually harder doing 1 tank since its all about execution. You should have a cakewalk if you're pushing 1750 with two tanks lol

And dps is usually SMN 350, me(mechanics, brainjack and tethers) 330 other BRD 290(he sings) MNK 300(switched from main) DRG 340. Hardest part about 1 tank is assigning everybody an area to clear when mines drop and dread phase. Alllll about execution.

But yeah, week 3 and 0 drops for me. Its hard out there lol
Our DPS might actually be a problem because it's too high. We still can't get a smooth third towers because I think we're trying to do too much all at once. We'll have dread up, mage LB3 to hit both, final ballistic missile (may or may not happen due to dps), and I'll (normally) be eating the aoe missile around when allagan field goes out. We keep trying different things to see what sticks but with all the chaos of the transition, it's hard to recover if anything goes wrong. And yeah, I'm pulling over 320 DPS (fucking mirror needs to drop already. . .) while tossing out mana song briefly if it's even needed. DRG and MNK are around 350 from what I remember and I'm not sure about the SMN. Warr OT is doing 220 and our healers are pulling 20ish. I feel like if we had the perfect strat from the start of how to handle third towers, we'd have killed it our second or third night.

With the OT handling mines the chaos shouldnt be too much of a problem. Just make sure you have SS and Aldo on whoever gets Allagan Field and time it so that you will only get one explosion from towers. Its pretty much healer dependant once Allagan Field drops.

I think once we get our MNK geared we can start doing two tank since its the lesser of two evils. You have a beast OT if he drops 220 while doing mines and dread. 

Finally snagged my copy this morning. Came home, got it all set up and ready to go... and I can't connect.

I've tried numerous times over the past few hours but each time I attempt to start the game, I keep getting "The lobby server connection has encountered an error (2002)."

I'm not a tech guy but my Internet has been fine. Was just streaming Netflix on my PS4. 

Is this par for the course? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Finally snagged my copy this morning. Came home, got it all set up and ready to go... and I can't connect.

I've tried numerous times over the past few hours but each time I attempt to start the game, I keep getting "The lobby server connection has encountered an error (2002)."

I'm not a tech guy but my Internet has been fine. Was just streaming Netflix on my PS4.

Is this par for the course? Or am I doing something wrong here?
Found this might be time of day or the server is full no idea. best advice is keep trying I know people couldn't log on due to PSN being down but that was just PS users.

I was just able to connect so if there is something going on it's not a universal outage or anything. There is a scheduled maintenance for tomorrow night I think.

Holy hats I don't know if everyone on Lamia is just horrible at the game sans Jodou's guild or what but  F' my life. Played Satasha and had to tell the healer to cast protect and actually heal the party as all she wanted to do was fight. Just barely got the clear for it with 3min to spare. Really wish my account didn't get jacked. 

You do realize that DF has players from other servers, right?  I doubt you PF'd Sastasha lol.

Well, I'm feeling rather frustrated with my FFXIV experience. Which to this point has been endless Error 2002 messages.

It has been more than 24 hours since I bought and installed the game on my PS4 and each and every time I attempt to log in, I get an Error 2002 message. Literally, I have not played this game for even a single second.

I don't know if it's an issue on my end, but my Internet continues to work in my house. I continue to stream Netflix from my PS4.

I was very excited to play this game. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm very annoyed.

Well, I'm feeling rather frustrated with my FFXIV experience. Which to this point has been endless Error 2002 messages.

It has been more than 24 hours since I bought and installed the game on my PS4 and each and every time I attempt to log in, I get an Error 2002 message. Literally, I have not played this game for even a single second.

I don't know if it's an issue on my end, but my Internet continues to work in my house. I continue to stream Netflix from my PS4.

I was very excited to play this game. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm very annoyed.

Found this googling:

Final Fantasy 14 Error 2002 - Server Congestion
This error is very similar to error 1017, except to say that FF14 has had restrictions put in place for players to try and prevent servers from becoming overcrowded and creating issues for those still playing the game.

This error will likely happen on the main menu (where it plays the famous Final Fantasy tune) and the 'Start' button will be greyed out.

You won't be able to click start and, if it doesn't become available within a couple of seconds, will mean you're unable to connect to the character selection screen.

This is in a bid to prevent too many connecting to the game and, sadly, cannot be fixed through traditional means.

However, it is also worth noting that Error 2002 can be caused by your router and the port settings. If you keep getting this error code then access your router to unblock the following ports:

UDP
55296~55551

TCP
80, 8080, 443, 55296~55551

The update functionality of Final Fantasy 14 makes use of UPnP, and so can be block by some ISPs. Though you can still download update data with UPnP inactive, if you are experiencing issues then it is worth unblocking these ports to attempt a fix.

There is no guarantee that this will help, but it's worth attempting to get back into the game.

Hope that maybe helps. The game servers definitely aren't down; I've played for hours today. Good luck man.

Server first T8 clear

MG4JYm1.png

That fight is complete AIDS lol.  First time we got past 20% with a smooth transition, it died.  Surprise!  Could've downed it last week or a while ago if we had just got to that point. Either way, we killed it with a few seconds to spare and did it with two tanks so yeah; we're godly dps.  Drops were DRG helm and tank gloves.  Our SMN is now i100 with his upgraded book. ;)

bread's done
Back