first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='musicnoteless']The name and the quality. And also, if you buy a 3rd party product for your Wii and it damages it, you basically have voided your warranty from repair. They'll only fix it if it was damage from a first party product.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt a 3rd party component video cable would damage your system :D.

[quote name='musicnoteless']The name and the quality. And also, if you buy a 3rd party product for your Wii and it damages it, you basically have voided your warranty from repair. They'll only fix it if it was damage from a first party product.[/QUOTE]
I doubt there is going to be much variation in quality of component cables for sending a 480p signal. Also, how in the hell would a video cable damage your system?

[quote name='DaBadGuy']Wrong. The Wii uses good old Pro Logic II just like the Game Cube. PLII is delivered through the standard RCA type cables No optical DTS or DD for Wii.[/quote]

No, Mr. Kneejerk, you're wrong. I'm talking about the XBox 360 cable. :roll:

[quote name='magikman']Suprised people are paying for expedited shipping. In true CAG fashion ;), the $5 shipping option was the most appealing![/QUOTE]

Well there are certain things to be cheap on and video quality on launch day is not one of them. :)

21XX RED here - 6:00 AM EST and still prepping. :(

[quote name='Corvin']Well there are certain things to be cheap on and video quality on launch day is not one of them. :)

21XX RED here - 6:00 AM EST and still prepping. :([/quote]

Take into account that they are PST and we're not usually sure when UPS comes and picks up their packages. I'm going to assume around Noon PST. My order is 08XX with UPS Red and it hasn't shipped yet. It says Preparing Order though. Word on another forum is indicating that the rest of Preordered orders will ship today.

Basically, those of us who got UPS Red wasted $6...because it looks like we all got pushed back to shipping today while the UPS Blue customers appear to have been fulfilled yesterday, so we'll all get them Friday.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Basically, those of us who got UPS Red wasted $6...because it looks like we all got pushed back to shipping today while the UPS Blue customers appear to have been fulfilled yesterday, so we'll all get them Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yea. That sucks, but it was a gamble going in. As long as I get them tomorrow it is an acceptable price. I could have easily taken BLUE and chance getting them on Monday, but I wanted them sooner, so it was worth it to me.

im debating to buy these now or not, i dont ahve a wii pre-ordered, and not sure if i can get one on sunday. but i dont want to have the gamecube cable debacle.

205x block and mine's preparing... Looks like Nintendo did manage to rustle up additional cables...
(if only amazon would give me the same satisfaction)

Has anyone who used the $5 shipping shipped yet? I ordered mine yesterday morning at about this time, my order number is 1013, and it still says preparing order.

[quote name='Knoxximus']w00t! n My order went from backordered to SHIPPED!! And I did 2 day so I should have it NLT than Saturday! I'M READY!![/QUOTE]

UPS does not deliver on Saturday. But if you shipped yesterday with UPS Blue, you should get them by Friday.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I hear these will not hit retailers till Decemberish. Is that right?[/quote]

Nintendo says early to mid-December, yes.

Anyone else worried who has their order in preparing since yesterday and has RED shipping and still hasnt shipped?

[quote name='foxout']Anyone else worried who has their order in preparing since yesterday and has RED shipping and still hasnt shipped?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Most BLUE orders started getting tracking numbers mid-afternoon (east coast time) yesterday. I suspect all the RED suckers like you and me will get our tracking information this afternoon/evening.

[quote name='foxout']Anyone else worried who has their order in preparing since yesterday and has RED shipping and still hasnt shipped?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Most of of us. I could be understanding if it took until the evening of the day I ordered to get the order processed and shipped, but its been over 24 hours. Nintendo handled this in the worst possible way. How could they not have known that people would want to have these cables available at launch? Why didn't they make them available earlier and in greater quantities? Why didn't they make an effort to get them to retailers in time for launch?

This whole affair is shameful and I'm completely ready to be done with it.

[quote name='Indonesia']What is RED or BLUE shipping mean?[/quote]RED is overnight, BLUE is two day shipping. But from the way it was handled, BLUE orders were prioritized and shipped yesterday in order to ensure the orders would come in before the weekend as UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays. RED orders should ship out today so they get them by Friday, so in the end everyone should get them the same day regardless of BLUE or RED shipping.

Dayum! $37.48
spacer.gif
after taxes. Oh well, what other options are there...I don't buy 3rd party accessories. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Tybee']Not really. Most BLUE orders started getting tracking numbers mid-afternoon (east coast time) yesterday. I suspect all the RED suckers like you and me will get our tracking information this afternoon/evening.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo pwned us.

I am on the phone with a CSR Supervisor now and will spill details as soon as I get off. 2 of the other lower CSRs I have spoke to seem to be clueless.

**EDIT (as to what happened) **

Apparently there was a HUGE UPS Blue order (not component cables) already going out yesterday. The supervisor checked with the warehouse and the component cables SHOULD have ALL gone out today (red/blue/ground/whatever), but due to the fact that there was a buttload of orders for the component cables, the warehouse decided to ship MOST (NOT ALL) of the BLUE orders out yesterday with the huge blue shipment already going out. It was done to forego a possible bottleneck down the road. All Reds and the rest of the blues, etc will be shipped today. He said around 4pm PST. Let's all cross our fingers and hope everyone gets there cables tomorrow (those that ordered Red)!!

I spoke to a rep, and the rep said RED could not really mean over night and that it may take 2-3 days?? kind of deceiving...Asked her if If it ships today If I will get it tomorrow, and she said there is a slight chance but most likely it will come monday.... :(

Ok went to Nintendo World last night...

The store ORDERED Component cables from Nintendo, but had no idea if they would actually receive any for launch. And if so in very limited numbers. Ack.

Also said there would NOT be a midnight launch at their flagship store. Opening at 6am for preorders, 8am for general sales. Yeesh. Wondering if it was employee apathy, a direct order from NoA to not interfere with the shindig a few blocks away in Times Square, or if Rocafeller Plaza management is forbidding late night gatherings... at least driving in from Queens at 4:30am will be easier than 9-10pm on a Saturday nite =)

[quote name='foxout']I spoke to a rep, and the rep said RED could not really mean over night and that it may take 2-3 days?? kind of deceiving...Asked her if If it ships today If I will get it tomorrow, and she said there is a slight chance but most likely it will come monday.... :([/QUOTE]

That is bullshit. The exact words spoken to me when I asked about shipping options were these:

"You can go with UPS Blue, which is 2-3 day shipping. Then there is UPS Red, which is overnight. Or there is regular ground."

We're already getting raped on the price of shipping. And now we won't even have them in time for launch? :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

If I packaged a pile of dogshit and sent it UPS overnight to Redmond right now (tempting), you can bet your ass it would arrive on time.

while I am quite upset/worried about this as well, the rep might wanted to cover her butt and didnt want to guarntee anything , like: "Yes you wil receive it by Friday"...then no cable comes on Friday, and now she has a lot of people complaining about a promise that wasnt kept.

Why is everyone so shocked that this things aren't shipping out same day or even the next day. Their site says there will be a 1 to 2 day processing time and then tells you exactly the range of time you could recieve it in.

Expedited Shipping:
UPS Blue (two day) $7.00 1-2 business days 2 business days 3-4 business days
UPS Red (one day) $13.00 1-2 business days 1 business day 2-3 business days

Because those of us who chose Blue and ordered yesterday, also had them shipped yesterday. While those that chose Red (the supposed quicker and more expensive) option, had there's shipped today.

Meaning basically we'll all get them about the same time, yet they spent more money. I'd be pretty upset also.

Of course my cheapness led me to choose UPS Blue so I'm :bouncy: !!

[quote name='kaze0']Why is everyone so shocked that this things aren't shipping out same day or even the next day. Their site says there will be a 1 to 2 day processing time and then tells you exactly the range of time you could recieve it in.

Expedited Shipping:
UPS Red (one day) $13.00 1-2 business days 1 business day 2-3 business days[/QUOTE]

Ok, Mine (a RED order) still no ship. I called Nintendo and the guy was a jerk (I was surprised, being Nintendo) and I said why in the world would 2 day orders ship and not our Reds, and he said "UPS is doing their best".

So no 1-day shipments have shipped yet either still?

[quote name='kaze0']Why is everyone so shocked that this things aren't shipping out same day or even the next day. Their site says there will be a 1 to 2 day processing time and then tells you exactly the range of time you could recieve it in.

Expedited Shipping:
UPS Red (one day) $13.00 1-2 business days 1 business day 2-3 business days[/QUOTE]

Because there are people that ordered 1000+ people after us and had their packages shipped out yesterday.

I ordered Wednesday AM - order # in the low 900s - paid for RED shipping - just checked my status now and it still says "pending" BUT i now have a tracking # (granted it doesnt go anywhere just yet) There is still hope!

[quote name='Snoozer']I ordered Wednesday AM - order # in the low 900s - paid for RED shipping - just checked my status now and it still says "pending" BUT i now have a tracking # (granted it doesnt go anywhere just yet) There is still hope![/quote]

The tracking number is a good sign that yours will be shipped today. My status changed to "shipped" a while after the tracking number showed up on my order.

bread's done
Back