Former Circuit City Gamer Card holders - get FYE Backstage Pass for free!

hopeunknown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Saw this when I was at the FYE in Swansea, MA yesterday:

iw0p55.jpg

So to those who have the CC gamer card...you can at least get this! Not bad if your FYE sells games. :)

[quote name='steve3050']CC finally doing something before going out. Good.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

CC probably has nothing at all to do with it. This is an FYE promotion.

[quote name='hopeunknown']Saw this when I was at the FYE in Swansea, MA yesterday:

iw0p55.jpg

So to those who have the CC gamer card...you can at least get this! Not bad if your FYE sells games. :)[/quote]

Wow...this is weird. I work at this exact store. XD

[quote name='62t']saw the sign too. Does anyone know if an expired card would work?[/quote]

i would like to know this too. my card expired in december.....

[quote name='Tsukento']Oh boy! Trade in a card from a dying company to a slowly dying company that overcharges on merchandise![/quote]

over charges? Honestly, ive never seen better deals than what fye has. Every game at mine is $4-5 under retail + the 10% card.

Every game at mine is _6.99

So new releases are 56.99
Wii Games 46.99
Then they go down to 36.99, 26.99 etc

Then take off the 10%. If i buy a game new there without trading anything in or no coupons its 56.99-10% + tax and comes out to 55.07. If i go to gamestop its 59.99+tax=$64. I save TEN bucks if i just go to fye. Plus they always are marking down their games faster than anyone else.

[quote name='anthonyd46']over charges? Honestly, ive never seen better deals than what fye has. Every game at mine is $4-5 under retail + the 10% card.

Every game at mine is _6.99

So new releases are 56.99
Wii Games 46.99
Then they go down to 36.99, 26.99 etc

Then take off the 10%. If i buy a game new there without trading anything in or no coupons its 56.99-10% + tax and comes out to 55.07. If i go to gamestop its 59.99+tax=$64. I save TEN bucks if i just go to fye. Plus they always are marking down their games faster than anyone else.[/quote]

maybe your FYE is better than most... all the ones in my area never markdown games, and always have overpriced junk. very rarely do they have any new releases (mostly the big name games, like madden, halo, GoW2, etc) and they are always 62.99 for months at a time.

I've had friends that worked there and they told me they aren't allowed to do markdowns unless given the go ahead by corporate. I would think that if one FYE marks 'em down, shouldn't they all?

If anything you can go by the prices at wherehouse.com for new stuff, iirc.

Usually the rebate deals do pretty well, and the trade-in credit can be better than gamestop when that brown bag promotion goes on. Plus that recent 9.99 sale with Fire Emblem wii and Battallion Wars 2, etc was pretty good.

Maromi, haha. That's cool! That store is one of the bigger FYEs in the area. :)

I was just about to throw mine out but my FYE doesn't have games. Maybe I'll make a thread in the contests and free stuff forum and sent it to someone who can use it.

i need to check this out
got a question did any other circuit citys not know how to calculate 10 percent off with the card?
mine sucked at it none them could figure out what 10 percent off was kinda sad and since they had like 1980 registers they had to do it manually. i scored some nice deals though cause of it .i got mario baseball for wii normaly 50 for 35 on the day it came out.

Got mine done Saturday... got an extra year added to my card... the only reason I got one in the first place was a purchase I made last year was so big that the card paid for itself... Unfortunately, none of my locations sell games, although they do have good deals on inexpensive dvds

[quote name='Fire ant']i need to check this out
got a question did any other circuit citys not know how to calculate 10 percent off with the card?
mine sucked at it none them could figure out what 10 percent off was kinda sad and since they had like 1980 registers they had to do it manually. i scored some nice deals though cause of it .i got mario baseball for wii normaly 50 for 35 on the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, happened to me on a couple of occasions. I even told a manager how much to take off one time after I had been waiting for him to do it for 5 minutes and he didn't listen and gave me a bigger discount.

This is valid at the Hagerstown, MD store. They have a sign above the Wii games.

I finally took advantage of the offer to trade in your Circuit City Gamers card for an extra Backstage Pass.

Sure was nice to trade my worthless, expired piece of plastic for a $25 membership for free. The manager said that only one person before me had taken advantage of it.

bread's done
Back