(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HugzArbiter']Thank you OP! I got 6.00 off of my ODST game, along with the 15 dollar credit on a future game purchase (read: L4D2). The discount covered my release day delivery option. Don't have the $$ to shell out for Amazon prime, and I already used the trial. =[ Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

You should of just created a new amazon account and got it in your gold box and then you can use the amazon free trial on that account.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Maybe he used different codes for different orders to take advantage of the free shipping and didn't want to wait until all the orders were ready to be shipped.

I just used multiple codes on multiple orders...I didn't feel like waiting for one of my pre-orders to ship in November when it's released in October...why would anyone?

Why the hate on trial accounts...I thought this was CAG...bitter much?[/QUOTE]

Even when you use FSSS and the "few shipments as possible" option, Amazon will ship the items to you as they become available. In my experience (have ordered a ton of books and games there), they will never wait until the last item is ready to ship to send the whole order.

I agree about the bitching about the free accounts though. To anyone who paid the $15/20, if you saved more than that using the 10% code prior to the free ECA membership, you still profited regardless of them giving out free accounts now. The only people I can understand being miffed are the ones who paid for an account RIGHT before the free trial and didn't use $15/20 worth of codes beforehand.

On a related note, I asked this question in the other thread and nobody had an answer... if you have one order that contains items that ship at different times (and therefore will end up being multiple charges on your credit card), how does the ECA discount work? is each game/charge going to have the 10% applied as it ships? or will the promo only be taken off at the end?

I'd obviously assume the former but I thought I had an experience once where that was not the case. The promo is also listed on the invoice as a flat discount rather than as lowering the price of each game. Anyone have experience with this? I've pre-ordered about 10 games with the stacked 20% off that range in release date from October 09 to March 10 - am I going to get charged for each as they ship with the discount applied?

[quote name='Moravagine'] On a related note, I asked this question in the other thread and nobody had an answer... if you have one order that contains items that ship at different times (and therefore will end up being multiple charges on your credit card), how does the ECA discount work? is each game/charge going to have the 10% applied as it ships? or will the promo only be taken off at the end?[/QUOTE]

I have a large order as well going till...well 2011 with freaking Versus. Anyway, my realtriggers that are about to ship show the coupons on them. So they're 4.99, -.50, -.50, -.29(wth is this), totaled out at 3.70, then paid by credit.

The 10%'ers should apply per game that ships out, any credit you have will be used first though. I also have a 30$ coupon in this order that I'm not sure how it'll be applied.

For those of you who has a pre-order (from yesterday, last month, etc) but hasn't shipped yet. How do you apply the "new" ECA code to that order? I know we can apply gift card to it.

Everytime I tried applying the new ECA code in the "View Order" page, it always gave me an error message saying that the promotional code is not correct. I tried using that same code on a new purchase, and it worked.

Do we have to cancel it then re-order?

[quote name='Moravagine']Even when you use FSSS and the "few shipments as possible" option, Amazon will ship the items to you as they become available. In my experience (have ordered a ton of books and games there), they will never wait until the last item is ready to ship to send the whole order.[/QUOTE]

My experience doesn't reflect that. I pre-ordered A Boy and His Blob, an HDMI cable, and the Sony Blu-Ray remote...was told my items wouldn't ship until October 13th.....no way I was going to wait for the HDMI for my second PS3...with "ship as they become availalbe" I lose the FSSS.

I canceled and reordered as separate items with the discount. Sure they MAY ship separately if I'm lucky and they feel like it...but I kind of would have agreed to not receive any of them until after 10/13/09 if the first order stood. I didn't feel like chancing it, nor do I feel other members should just at the potential to save a code.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yes, just cancel the order and reorder.[/QUOTE]

no just contact customer service, they can apply the code to your order

[quote name='jacknicklson']Yes, you can try e-mailing or calling support but it will be YMMV.

Promo codes need to be entered when placing an order per Amazon[/QUOTE]

But unless it was in the GB / quick picks...there's really no reason...just cancel and reorder.

[quote name='Vortextk']I have a large order as well going till...well 2011 with freaking Versus. Anyway, my realtriggers that are about to ship show the coupons on them. So they're 4.99, -.50, -.50, -.29(wth is this), totaled out at 3.70, then paid by credit.

The 10%'ers should apply per game that ships out, any credit you have will be used first though. I also have a 30$ coupon in this order that I'm not sure how it'll be applied.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. I figured that was the most logical way for it to work but wasn't 100% sure.

[quote name='Muthafodder']My experience doesn't reflect that. I pre-ordered A Boy and His Blob, an HDMI cable, and the Sony Blu-Ray remote...was told my items wouldn't ship until October 13th.....no way I was going to wait for the HDMI for my second PS3...with "ship as they become availalbe" I lose the FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Neither of those items were, on their own, applicable for fsss though. Pretty much every game will be. My realtriggers WERE shipping with a game, until I changed the order one last time, and suddenly they were being sent alone(can't complain). I wouldn't chance it for small items, but for items that would apply on their own anyway they seem to ship as available, regardless of shipping method.

[quote name='Muthafodder']My experience doesn't reflect that. I pre-ordered A Boy and His Blob, an HDMI cable, and the Sony Blu-Ray remote...was told my items wouldn't ship until October 13th.....no way I was going to wait for the HDMI for my second PS3...with "ship as they become availalbe" I lose the FSSS.

I canceled and reordered as separate items with the discount. Sure they MAY ship separately if I'm lucky and they feel like it...but I kind of would have agreed to not receive any of them until after 10/13/09 if the first order stood. I didn't feel like chancing it, nor do I feel other members should just at the potential to save a code.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is the case that to ship separately each chunk must be over $25 to qualify for FSSS? Then they all ship for free as they become available even with FSSS? Although from my order history, this isn't the case. I just looked and a few months ago I had a broken up order with FSSS that shipped at different times - one was a $6.95 book that still shipped alone and free.

I've got two orders going of about 5 items each... since they are all pre-orders, they already show individual estimated shipping dates for each item separately (except the two that come out the same date, Assassin's Creed 2 and L4D2).

[quote name='GuardianE']I just placed two orders with two codes. They worked fine. I'm a paying member, though I doubt that actually matters.[/QUOTE]
New codes, or did you have one still on your account from an older batch?

[quote name='Vortextk']Neither of those items were, on their own, applicable for fsss though. Pretty much every game will be. My realtriggers WERE shipping with a game, until I changed the order one last time, and suddenly they were being sent alone(can't complain). I wouldn't chance it for small items, but for items that would apply on their own anyway they seem to ship as available, regardless of shipping method.[/QUOTE]

No, but the remote and the HDMI cable combined did. When I reshuffled my order these items were shipped out the next day. You may be onto a glitch/exploit that forces it to ship separately by manipulating your order after it has been placed.

[quote name='Moravagine']Maybe it is the case that to ship separately each chunk must be over $25 to qualify for FSSS? Then they all ship for free as they become available even with FSSS? Although from my order history, this isn't the case. I just looked and a few months ago I had a broken up order with FSSS that shipped at different times - one was a $6.95 book that still shipped alone and free.

I've got two orders going of about 5 items each... since they are all pre-orders, they already show individual estimated shipping dates for each item separately (except the two that come out the same date, Assassin's Creed 2 and L4D2).[/QUOTE]

I'd venture to say all newly released games will ship as they become available...they are likely aware you would have just as soon ordered them separately with the intention of getting the FSSS and when they became available. Maybe its more of mixing games with game related items.

I dunno...all I do know is when you place an order with multiple items with different availability and select FSSS...you agree to let them send it to you in as few shipments as possible...meaning a possibility of one shipment based upon the item with the furthest availability date.

This is from their website:

"Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Trying to keep shipping costs down? Choose this first option. We'll consolidate your items into the fewest shipments possible. (We'll always show you the minimum number of shipments needed to complete your order.) Depending on the availability of the items you're purchasing, you might have to wait a bit longer for your order to ship, but you'll save money on shipping.
The number of shipments we make for your order is dependent upon:

• Our fulfillment network: To serve our millions of customers more efficiently, Amazon.com has several different fulfillment centers located across the United States. These centers often house different types of products. If you order dissimilar items--say, a book, a computer, and a cordless drill--they may ship separately, depending on where in our fulfillment network they happen to be located.
  • Items requiring special shipping and handling: Items that require special shipping and handling (for example, items that are large and/or heavy) are marked on their product detail pages as such and will ship separately from other items in your order. Note that in some cases, these items require an adult signature upon delivery.
In some cases, you might receive more shipments than we indicated you would when you placed your order. Regardless, we will never charge you more for shipping than the amount that was originally quoted to you at the time you place your order.
Be aware that items listed as having Not Yet Released or Back Ordered availability can potentially delay shipments that are designated to be grouped into as few shipments as possible."

I choose not to ever chance it.

I'll meet the $25 requirement for smaller things and that are available at the time of order or save them to my cart for when I can meet the requirement and then place my order.

These terms and conditions also make it a pretty easy decision to order games separately from other games/items.

EDIT - Regardless of individual experiences, the amount of times I've seen folks here say that Amazon will or should ship separately with FSSS is kinda misleading towards those who don't want to chance waiting...they may or could ship separately though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muthafodder']EDIT - Regardless of individual experiences, the amount of times I've seen folks here say that Amazon will or should ship separately with FSSS is kinda misleading towards those who don't want to chance waiting...they may or could ship separately though.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, when I've pre-ordered multiple items with different release dates or placed an order which included items which weren't immediately available with FSSS, they have eventually shipped the items separately, but they've sometimes waited up to several weeks to do so. It seems almost random -- sometimes they ship the available items right away, sometimes they sit on them for a while. Personally, I'd rather just place separate orders and be sure that I'll get everything shipped as soon as it's available to be shipped.

[quote name='Muthafodder']EDIT - Regardless of individual experiences, the amount of times I've seen folks here say that Amazon will or should ship separately with FSSS is kinda misleading towards those who don't want to chance waiting...they may or could ship separately though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was only relating my experience. I've never had an order held up by one item not ready to ship but I realize you are taking that chance per their description of the "as few shipments as possible" option.

In this case, I think it came up because a few of us didn't have the option of doing the orders individually. ECA codes were stacking for 20% because we had an old "L" code already applied in our cart that worked with the newer "J" codes. Since it was now 20% off and not repeatable, I just pre-ordered anything I have an interest in for the next 6 months or so since I could get the games for $42-45 (some lower with $10 GC).

If they end up holding some of the items for weeks/months, I'll just cancel those games as getting them for $42-45 will only be a good deal at release date or shortly after.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I definitely think the ECA Amazon discount needs to win some kind of award this year. In the time I've spent at CAG, I've ever seen a deal so loved and so hated at the same time.[/QUOTE]

You must have forgotten the Bill Me Later promo last year. $5 off 25 or $10 of $50. :D

[quote name='Vortextk']I have a large order as well going till...well 2011 with freaking Versus. Anyway, my realtriggers that are about to ship show the coupons on them. So they're 4.99, -.50, -.50, -.29(wth is this), totaled out at 3.70, then paid by credit.

The 10%'ers should apply per game that ships out, any credit you have will be used first though. I also have a 30$ coupon in this order that I'm not sure how it'll be applied.[/QUOTE]

For a multi-item order the $30 coupon is split proportionally amongst each item. And if you cancel one item later you get that portion back (I have done this a few times).

By the way, I cancelled one item late last night (actually around 3am this morning) and had it show back upin my gold box already today - score! (So I reordered it with 25% discount instead of 15%).

The only problem with this is the $30 promo code (I had one sitting there from another cancellation) applied first and negated one of the ECA discounts, since this was a DS game and was less than $30 after gold box + first ECA discount. At first I thought maybe they got rid of the stacking but then I preordered a more expensive game, got the double ECA + $30 code applied. So then I re-preordered my DS game and got the double-ECA discount (no $30 code this time). If I can do this a few more times I'll have paid off my ECA membership payment with double-discounts and that will make me very happy. So if it happens again that a good DS game comes up in my gold box quick picks I'll have to stash any $30 codes I might have in a placeholder preorder so they don't apply to the DS game. Kind of confusing, but it works ;).

Over all the items? Damn, that blows, lol. I'll have half that 30$ promo leftover until q1-2 of next year, and still a little bit for even later.

[quote name='Vortextk']Over all the items? Damn, that blows, lol. I'll have half that 30$ promo leftover until q1-2 of next year, and still a little bit for even later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and this here is why I don't like to lump all my items into one order - then I just get bits and pieces off each one. What I'd like to know is if you cancel one item (whether it had the full $30 applied or just part of it) next year, will that promo still apply to your next order? The $30 promo codes expire at the end of this year but I'm hoping once they are applied to something they become sort of like gift card credit (but that only applies to video games). I've preordered some long-term stuff that I may change my mind about later - would be nice to know if I'm stuck with those or if I can switch them to something else.

[quote name='Muthafodder']How did you guys get these $30 codes/coupons and/or 50% off coupons I've heard recent talk about?[/QUOTE]

They were Trade-In promos on Amazon

It's hard to say. I canceled Kingdom Hearts off an order that had two items (kept the other since the price went up to MSRP) and re-ordered Kingdom Hearts right after and got all the promos I originally had plus another ECA to stack, so it seems like you can retain the promos if you re-order right after. However, I don't imagine you can get the promo back if cancel it after the promotion time expires.

[quote name='Muthafodder']How did you guys get these $30 codes/coupons and/or 50% off coupons I've heard recent talk about?[/QUOTE]

They were both from the Amazon trade-in program. There were 3 consecutive promos that I knew about (and some before that as well). The first was $50/$75 off a system if you traded $50/$75 worth of games. The next one was 50% off any game if you traded $50 worth (I used this to get Beatles Rock Band SE for $99.99 after 50% + ECA ;)).

The last one, which ended at the end of August, was trade $60 worth of games and get a $30 promo code to use on any gaming item (games, consoles, accessories). That reminds me, I could use one of my $30 codes on a DSi since I was going to get at least one for my kids for Christmas - so I have that outlet if I can't find other games to preorder.

The great thing about the last one was that it specifically had no limit (the others were supposed to be one per household but it turns out they didn't enforce that). So many people got several of them. Unfortunately, there is no current promo with the Amazon trade-in program, but keep checking as they might bring one back.

[quote name='io']Yes, and this here is why I don't like to lump all my items into one order - then I just get bits and pieces off each one. What I'd like to know is if you cancel one item (whether it had the full $30 applied or just part of it) next year, will that promo still apply to your next order? The $30 promo codes expire at the end of this year but I'm hoping once they are applied to something they become sort of like gift card credit (but that only applies to video games). I've preordered some long-term stuff that I may change my mind about later - would be nice to know if I'm stuck with those or if I can switch them to something else.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the $30 promos (didn't get in on that one because I was out of stuff to trade and the offer wasn't quite good enough to motivate me to go seek out things to flip), but I had a 50% off coupon on a pre-order for the George Harrison guitar for Beatles Rock Band and decided that I didn't want it. I canceled the order on 9/7 and was able to apply the deal to another order (Demon's Souls pre-order), even though the coupon had expired on 8/31. So apparently at least sometimes the coupon deals will carry over past the expiration once they've been applied to the account -- and I would think that would be even more likely with a coupon for a straight dollar amount than with a percentage off one. For what it's worth. (But don't blame me if you try it and it doesn't work! ;))

[quote name='io']Yes, and this here is why I don't like to lump all my items into one order - then I just get bits and pieces off each one. What I'd like to know is if you cancel one item (whether it had the full $30 applied or just part of it) next year, will that promo still apply to your next order? The $30 promo codes expire at the end of this year but I'm hoping once they are applied to something they become sort of like gift card credit (but that only applies to video games). I've preordered some long-term stuff that I may change my mind about later - would be nice to know if I'm stuck with those or if I can switch them to something else.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the $30 codes are a real pain in the ass. I canceled a few things from my large order and because Uncharted 2 was split from the order due to release date shipping, it recalculated the entire order and applied more of the discount to U2 which put it in the red. So now, I have a $1.70 credit in limbo until it ships.

You raise a good question though and I'd assume you'd lose any portion leftover from the coupon after it expires if you cancel anything. That is assuming the credit does expire and it's not just the coupon code that does. I'm really hoping Amazon retains any discounts once they're redeemed indefinitely. Otherwise, they need to just remove expiration dates altogether.

I haven't read, so I don't know if this is just a case of all the wackness with the codes right now, but it actually won't let me cancel any of the games in my big order now that the little item is about to ship. Saying I have a promotion over multiple items or something, and I would need to call and cancel. So something about the 30$, or 10%...or other 10%...is stopping me. I don't really care, and calling to cancel just to try and save like 5-10$ more for quick picks, when I'm not sure what would happen to my account overall, doesn't seem worth it. But calling to cancel means things would probably be in the hands of your rep on the phone, not automatically added/subtracted by the computer, so anything might happen at that point(get screwed out of something or additional credits/promos you shouldn't have gotten)

[quote name='arcane93']Don't know about the $30 promos (didn't get in on that one because I was out of stuff to trade and the offer wasn't quite good enough to motivate me to go seek out things to flip), but I had a 50% off coupon on a pre-order for the George Harrison guitar for Beatles Rock Band and decided that I didn't want it. I canceled the order on 9/7 and was able to apply the deal to another order (Demon's Souls pre-order), even though the coupon had expired on 8/31. So apparently at least sometimes the coupon deals will carry over past the expiration once they've been applied to the account -- and I would think that would be even more likely with a coupon for a straight dollar amount than with a percentage off one. For what it's worth. (But don't blame me if you try it and it doesn't work! ;))[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience with sucessful coupon transferring after the expiration date. Last weekend, I canceled DJ Hero Renegade Edition and added the Turtle Beach x41s to my cart.

Everything went through fine, 50% transfered, double stacked eca... got x41s for 57.59 with free 2 day shipping with my prime trial. :lol:

[quote name='jraypeon']I had a similar experience with sucessful coupon transferring after the expiration date. Last weekend, I canceled DJ Hero Renegade Edition and added the Turtle Beach x41s to my cart.

Everything went through fine, 50% transfered, double stacked eca... got x41s for 57.59 with free 2 day shipping with my prime trial. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn, wish I could have done that. I spent $80 on mine ;). (The difference being the double-stack).

[quote name='gi60']^... maybe I should cancel my COD MW2 PE and "try" save another $15? but I'll risk my $75 (50% coupon).[/QUOTE]

That and I don't believe there's been one documented case of anyone geting MW2 PE in their Quick Picks. I know I've tried.

[quote name='io']Unfortunately, there is no current promo with the Amazon trade-in program, but keep checking as they might bring one back.[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say I have never sold a video game that I have bought...dating all the way back to Atari.

But those sounded like great promotional deals for those that do.

hm i was actually going to ask this in the other thread, but since it got brought up..if i have a preorder with the 50% off promo on it, and i cancel it...it will still be in my cart?

Well the 50% off coupon code expired in August, so I don't think I would be willing to risk losing the 50% off just to try and save a few bucks more.

^ WOW.. I just did it like 2 minutes ago.. hahhaa.. I cancel my preorder of COD MW2 PE (which has the 50% code and old ECA).. and order the X41 and all the codes are there (50%, old ECA, and new ECA).. $ 57.59 total.

I was debating between X41 and RB Beatles (already got both with 50% and ECA last week, but sold both at 175 and 225 respectively at craigslist).

Decided for the X41 and I'm keeping this headset.

Thanks Arcane93 and Jraypane.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I can honestly say I have never sold a video game that I have bought...dating all the way back to Atari.

But those sounded like great promotional deals for those that do.[/QUOTE]

Nor did I, but my personal "recession" has me taking advantage of everything to use what little money I have to flip into more/better games.

I've doubled my gaming budget b/c of it. Now I have to figure out the holiday releases. Hopefully I'll be back on track

[quote name='gi60']^ WOW.. I just did it like 2 minutes ago.. hahhaa.. I cancel my preorder of COD MW2 PE (which has the 50% code and old ECA).. and order the X41 and all the codes are there (50%, old ECA, and new ECA).. $ 57.59 total.[/QUOTE]
Guess that confirms expiration dates are only for redeeming the code. Nice to know going forward.

[quote name='gi60']^ WOW.. I just did it like 2 minutes ago.. hahhaa.. I cancel my preorder of COD MW2 PE (which has the 50% code and old ECA).. and order the X41 and all the codes are there (50%, old ECA, and new ECA).. $ 57.59 total.

I was debating between X41 and RB Beatles (already got both with 50% and ECA last week, but sold both at 175 and 225 respectively at craigslist).

Decided for the X41 and I'm keeping this headset.

Thanks Arcane93 and Jraypane.[/QUOTE]

thanks as well, i just did this to and brought my tekken 6 bundle down another $15. although since my prime trial had run out, i decided to sign up for the full year so i could get release day delivery again. (plus i had another 2 pre orders from earlier this week that i just upgraded shipping on)

Could one of you with the 50% coupon do me a big favor and try applying it to this? No need to order it, just check your cart price. I know it didn't work in the past, but if it's applying now I'd love to cancel my MW2: PE for it.

[quote name='y2jasper']thanks as well, i just did this to and brought my tekken 6 bundle down another $15. although since my prime trial had run out, i decided to sign up for the full year so i could get release day delivery again. (plus i had another 2 pre orders from earlier this week that i just upgraded shipping on)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, save another $20 for the DJ hero bundle, thanks!

so wait if I cancel my older preorders that had the ECA codes applied all those would then stick to my account for future orders? and stack with the new codes even?

even after 9/30?

[quote name='buckythekat']so wait if I cancel my older preorders that had the ECA codes applied all those would then stick to my account for future orders? and stack with the new codes even?

even after 9/30?[/QUOTE]

Yes to Question 1 and 2.. YMMV on Question 3, since I only tried the Amazon trade-in coupon.. not sure if ECA code with expiration has the same rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back