Free Overnight Shipping on Pre-Release Titles at GameStop

Nice! I very well may use this to preorder Ninja Gaiden DS (I must have that stylus!). Coupon is good thru January 3...thanks OP!

[quote name='Ryukahn']Awesome deal! I wonder if my EB credit works online or if I still have to get it switched to a gift card to use.[/QUOTE]

Looks like neither will work on an online order.

From Ebgames.com Help:

"We do not currently sell or redeem Gift Cards online. We understand this is an important feature and plan to add it in the near future."

Sucks because I have $75.00 in GS GC from Christmas.

That's odd. I used a gift card several years ago when I pre-ordered the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition. It wouldn't let me use the card my store credit was on, but after I bought a gift card it worked fine. Hmm...

[quote name='Ryukahn']That's odd. I used a gift card several years ago when I pre-ordered the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition. It wouldn't let me use the card my store credit was on, but after I bought a gift card it worked fine. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

They stopped the use of Credit and GC shortly after the GS and EB joined together and their websites became essentially the same site. BTW - this quote about the GC use being available “in the near future" has been there at least a year. I am not holding my breath for them to accept them anytime soon.

Ahh, I see. Oh well, that stinks since I was hoping to get rid of this EB Credit without having to drive to the store.

Yeah, this isn't the greatest, but I do like when they have free overnight shipping offers on pre-orders. I know it is easier for most people simply to pre-order in store, but I cannot always guarantee I will be able to get to a GS/EB on the day the game comes out, so I like knowing it will be waiting at home for me when I arrive.

[quote name='groundskeeper']They stopped the use of Credit and GC shortly after the GS and EB joined together and their websites became essentially the same site. BTW - this quote about the GC use being available “in the near future" has been there at least a year. I am not holding my breath for them to accept them anytime soon.[/quote]

What I'm waiting for is the ability to cancel a pre order made at an out of the way store from ANY store, since I have one for God Of War II(which I just won from ShopGoodwill.com) for like $5-10 since BEFORE the game came out.

By the time I get round to going back to the store it's at, the game will be under $10 in their low priced game bins. It's not that I need the $$$, but that I have it tied up there and it's just SITTING. It's like I gave them the $$$ for nothing. I figured by now my job would've taken me back to that area, but I don't see this happening.

When it ships.

I think the only time they will charge right when you order is when there is some bonus that you would get immediately, like beta access.

Damn them for not allowing store credit. I've got so much of it it's ridiculous and this would be the perfect for my lazy ass. Get it quick and without having to go anywhere.

I pre-ordered $230 worth of games. All coming out before the end of February.

Endless Ocean
No More Heroes
Advance Wars 4
Professor Layton
Apollo Justice
Dragon Quest Swords

SOME of those seem like they'd drop in price fairly early (since I obviously won't be able to play them all at once, especially in light of Brawl), and others may have nice deals closer to launch.

But... so lazy.... saving... so much gas by getting them shipped instantly.

In for Ninja Gaiden DS. That stylus is neat-o. I have free 2-day shipping from Amazon (and they don't charge tax like Gamestop does), but I doubt they'll have a bonus for NG and they'll likely sell it for $34.99 anyways.

Thanks OP.

Despite having used gift cards to pre-pay for Brawl and No More Heroes, I'm in for quite a few:

Dragon Quest Swords
Professor Layton
Ninja Gaiden
Nanostray 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer

Thinking about N+ and Dungeon Explorer DS.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. Brawl since I don't have a store in my town where I can get it on release day. Also pre-ordered Furu Furu Park, which I'm sure will suck but it's only $20, along with Bubble Bobble Double Shot, Flatout: Head On & Wipeout Pulse.

May also pre-order NFL Tour & God of War Chains of Olympus, but I already have a cheap pre-order for those so we'll see.
Don't think I'll pre-order any $60 PS3 games, ain't willing to spend that kind of cash. I already pre-ordered Burnout Paradise with a 20% coupon code at the EAstore.

I ended up putting an order in for Guns of the Patriots. The only other title that I am really looking forward to is Ghostbusters, and they already had a StopWatch offer for free overnight shipping on that.

Just a quick heads up: today's the last day, so get in on this now if you want to take advantage of it.

I just pre-ordered one more title (London Taxi: RusHour for Wii - a game I know will get obliterated by reviewers, but being a fan of the PC game, I had to jump on this at $19.99).

Only going for January titles I want, since I have a new GS opening a mile from me by the end of the month...but for these two January releases I pre-ordered and would normally have to drive for 20 minutes or so to pick up, this deal deal is hugely convienent.

Hey I got a question

February 10th Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii will be released and thats a sunday. Does that mean if I buy it online I would get it that Saturday, or Monday.

Prompt reply appreciated as this deal is almost expired.

bread's done
Back