GameCrazy SEGA Sale - Condemned $35, Sega Tennis $30, Viking $35, HoD2/3 $20 + Others

foxhunt99

CAGiversary!
Gamecrazy is selling new condemned 2 for 34.99. Not sure how long it will last.

LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS
Mario and Sonic Olympic 24.99/19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 19.99/??.??

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 29.99/19.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii
House of the Dead 2/3 19.99/34.99 (expect the used to change to 14.99)
Mario and Sonic Olympic 29.99/19.99

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

These sale prices are "for the next few weeks", according to the memo. Trade-in prices have already been brought down, as Condemned and Sega Superstar Tennis both trade in at $17.xx. This is not YMMV, all stores have these prices in their POS as of this morning. Even if it says the wrong price on the wall, it will ring up as the sale price.

Yet the only fucking Sega game I want isn't on sale.. The Club. BAH!

Can a mod change the topic title to "GameCrazy Sega Sale" and update the OP with my information?

Good luck on getting Viking -- most stores were sent 2-3 copies. Same with Sega Superstar Tennis. Condemned 2 shouldn't be too terribly hard to get ahold of, though.

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.[/quote]

Ive never been to Gamecrazy before but I looked it up and there is one in Bolingbrook. I decided I would try and attempt going there when I got out of class early and then try and make it back for my tennis match.

I made it back pretty much as they were leaving, wtih my nice new copy of Condemned 2 besides me.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, plus it opened up new doors to further deals for me now seeing that I realized I have a Gamecrazy only a little over 30 minutes away!

[quote name='Scorch']Considering the memo said the sale prices are for the next couple weeks, no. I'll let you know if I hear anything different, though.[/quote]Well, I picked up everything I wanted, so I'm covered for myself. For others, I hope it will be longer than tomorrow.

[quote name='akilshohen']is there a actual ad out? I would like to price match with Best Buy.[/quote]

I believe it was just an internal memo/price drop not a advertised drop so no Ad.

I got House of the Dead for Wii today and surprised the manager. Thanks, OP!

I also saw a copy of Metal Slug for the PSP that was $40 new. I may or may not trade a bunch of Circuit City games toward it since I can't find it new or used.

:applause:I will be picking up house of the dead today. Thanks op and others! I cant wait to get baked up and laugh my ass off at the horrible dialog in that game:applause:

God damn I just found out my local GC is closing. Worse part is that they do great sales they are just apart of an awful and huge Hollywood Video so the lease went up and they didn't want to pay for it. Now my closest one is 30 mins away :cry:

I hope there will be some decent stuff when they do the firesale.

Also had to pick up Sega Superstar Used

I picked up Viking (360) and Condemned 2 (PS3). If anyone has an extra Condemned 2 (360), I'll trade either game for it.

Thanks!

Thanks to the OP and the numerous responses (especially Scorch and the other GC employees confirming the sale) I picked up HoD 2/3 and Superstars Tennis(360). Went in hoping for Viking but they were sold out. I'll be checking back this week though.

I do like both of these games. Good fun and you don't have to sit in front of the tv for hours on end to get enjoyment out of them.

so i called in about sonic and mario and they said it was 49.99, i could sense bs but im not sure lol should i just go anyways? it like 5 miles out but thats still gas and idk to go home empty handed

i picked up sega superstars tennis for 30$ today.. it's the first ps3 game i found that my GF is actually willing to play with me :D

Heres an odd thing:

Went today for the hell of it and found Wii HOTD2+3, used! It was labeled $34.99 though. Took it up front and chick said it was the real price, but $20 new. But she said that was crazy and would call It Tech support to have it changed to $14.99 used. After waiting 20 mins and her talking to them, they said thats the real price and couldnt change it. fuckED UP!! :mad:

I got the $20 one....

[quote name='Ravenous']Heres an odd thing:

Went today for the hell of it and found Wii HOTD2+3, used! It was labeled $34.99 though. Took it up front and chick said it was the real price, but $20 new. But she said that was crazy and would call It Tech support to have it changed to $14.99 used. After waiting 20 mins and her talking to them, they said thats the real price and couldnt change it. fuckED UP!! :mad:

I got the $20 one....[/quote]

She's right. I even pointed that out. I have no idea why it's $34.99 used, the game retailed at $29.99, and before this sale, used copies were $24.99.

No one knows how long the sale is, the whole "two week" thing is just a guess.

Has anyone been able to find a Used copy of Sega Super Stars Tennis?

Shame that this sale happened so close to release. No one has traded them in yet :(

Some good stuff to be had, I would love to pick up Sega Superstars for $19.99... I'd just then have to decide whether or not to get the 360 or Wii version. :whistle2:k

so i did end up going and stuff and everything on thread was priced correctly, thanks op! lol the funny thing is that some of the prices were concealed as in they didnt display them but yea,should be everywhere get them to ring up

can anyone confirm this for the san diego area? I am looking for House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii. However every store I called said that the game was regular price...

i doubt it because when I called they quoted the price immediately and when I asked them if it was on sale they had no clue what I was talking about.

hmmm i would call back and ask them to scan it but those lazy bastards would prolly just put the phone down for a couple minutes and say "nope its still 29.99"

Yeah, I bought mine at Fry's a while back and got a Wii gun free. It wasn't the Nyko one, but was practically the same thing.

I went in to buy a new Condemned 2, but they only had 3 gutted, opened copies. The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet. Anyone else run into this? I really hate gutted copies, if I pay for something at a brand new price, then that's exactly what I expect...brand new.

[quote name='Trocar']I went in to buy a new Condemned 2, but they only had 3 gutted, opened copies. The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet. Anyone else run into this? I really hate gutted copies, if I pay for something at a brand new price, then that's exactly what I expect...brand new.[/quote]

I'm starting to wonder if managers just make up things as they go along. It's store policy to let customers try stuff out, but receiving already opened games and selling them new? That's insane. Sounds like the manager is just opening them to let his employees "rent" them out.. which is pretty stupid anyway, considering employees get free rentals at HWV (but only after the product has been out two weeks).

If customers wanted to look at booklets, he should tell them to go next door and look at the rental copies.

[quote name='Trocar'] The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet.[/quote]
Thats fucked up.

Yeah I got Condemned 2 and HOTD 2. With Condemned they had one new gutted copy and one used copy. Both disks were in perfect condition so I took the used one and saved $5.00.

[quote name='souljah420']damn too bad nights isnt included in this sale[/QUOTE]

Or Ghost Squad.

I did buy HotD2&3R at one of my local GCs, though... Thanks, OP!!

I can confirm that the Santa Clara, CA store had both Condemned 2 and Viking new and used for 360. I picked up two new copies and they had plenty of both, looked like.

Went and picked up HOTD 2/3, Viking and Sega Tennis. I had to get Viking for the PS3 because they were out of 360 versions. :(

Clerk at the store didnt believe me when I told him the price and his scan verified what I said. lol

I picked up a Condemned 2 at GC in Frisco, TX.

When they ask where you heard about the sale, what do y'all usually say? I always play dumb and said a friend told me as I don't want to namedrop CAG. How do you respond when they ask?

[quote name='mprice']I picked up a Condemned 2 at GC in Frisco, TX.

When they ask where you heard about the sale, what do y'all usually say? I always play dumb and said a friend told me as I don't want to namedrop CAG. How do you respond when they ask?[/quote]

I would say "Hey! None of your god damn business now put my damn game into a bag and give it to me so i can leave this POS store." lol actually thats what i would say in my head.

If I was asked that tho and on the spot i would just go ... "ahh online"
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go any farther into it.

but if for some weird reason they do and ask what site, i would say "Just a site that posts game deals"
If he ask what site specifically i would say "CAG"
If he asks "what's CAG"?
Then i would actually say out loud "It's cheap ass gamer bitch WTF is this 20 questions? Give me my damn game!"

ahhh... this is all hypothetically of course ;)

[quote name='supraazn']I would say "Hey! None of your god damn business now put my damn game into a bag and give it to me so i can leave this POS store." lol actually thats what i would say in my head.

If I was asked that tho and on the spot i would just go ... "ahh online"
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go any farther into it.

but if for some weird reason they do and ask what site, i would say "Just a site that posts game deals"
If he ask what site specifically i would say "CAG"
If he asks "what's CAG"?
Then i would actually say out loud "It's cheap ass gamer bitch WTF is this 20 questions? Give me my damn game!"

ahhh... this is all hypothetically of course ;)[/quote]

lol!

Should we not name drop CAG? If it's a legitimate sale and not a pricing error, what is the harm? If they're cool then I would gladly welcome them to the community.

I went in to buy a new Condemned 2, but they only had 3 gutted, opened copies. The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet. Anyone else run into this? I really hate gutted copies, if I pay for something at a brand new price, then that's exactly what I expect...brand new.

[quote name='Trocar']I went in to buy a new Condemned 2, but they only had 3 gutted, opened copies. The manager there told me from now on, Gamecrazies would be gutting most copies (similar to Gamestop) to allow customers to look at the booklet. Anyone else run into this? I really hate gutted copies, if I pay for something at a brand new price, then that's exactly what I expect...brand new.[/quote]

I'm starting to wonder if managers just make up things as they go along. It's store policy to let customers try stuff out, but receiving already opened games and selling them new? That's insane. Sounds like the manager is just opening them to let his employees "rent" them out.. which is pretty stupid anyway, considering employees get free rentals at HWV (but only after the product has been out two weeks).

If customers wanted to look at booklets, he should tell them to go next door and look at the rental copies.

bread's done
Back