Gamecube Metroid Prime Bundle $69.99

mikan500

CAG Veteran
My target had all the metroid bundles on clearance (all three of them) to make way for the Mario Kart Bundle. I did not pick one up, though I hear the bundle will no longer be produced.

I have no idea. It had that red sticker on it and was on a back shelf, so I seriously doubt it. Call and check.

[quote name='mikan500']My target had all the metroid bundles on clearance (all three of them) to make way for the Mario Kart Bundle. I did not pick one up, though I hear the bundle will no longer be produced.[/quote]

Can you maybe post your city and store location, or put it in your profile ? It's sometimes nice to know WHERE the deals actually are, thanks !

Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

DOL-001 has component output.
DOL-101 does not have component output.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Too bad EB doesnt give $150 trade in for GC+5 games. This wouldnt be worth any trade in deal that currently exists.[/quote]

Don't they have trade in GCN and 5 games for $100. Wouldn't make sense to give out $150 in credit, especially when the console itself is $100 new. Makes sense for PS2 and Xbox because they're $150 new.

I checked my Target out tonight and they had 1 prime bundle. It still scanned at $99.99. Did you scan it before you bought it or was the discounted at the register? I could be YMMV.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

DOL-101 does not have component output.[/quote]

If you have an HD set . . . the difference is very noticiable . . . mostly with brightness of the game . . . progressive scan GC games really glow . . . worth the $30 to get the component cable from Nintendo!

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Too bad EB doesnt give $150 trade in for GC+5 games. This wouldnt be worth any trade in deal that currently exists.[/quote]

Don't they have trade in GCN and 5 games for $100. Wouldn't make sense to give out $150 in credit, especially when the console itself is $100 new. Makes sense for PS2 and Xbox because they're $150 new.[/quote]

I know, i was just saying that it's too bad it's NOT. Im trying to piece together a deal so i can get a new psTwo. The only thing i have going for the time being is $80 GC at Blockbuster, which no longer carries the systems.

$70. This is how much crappy n64 carts were going for a few years ago. Getting a great system a controller and a great game for $70 is a little slice of heaven.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

I'm guessing the identifying information is somewhere on the GC?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Mospeada_21']Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

I'm guessing the identifying information is somewhere on the GC?[/quote]

Yeah, its on the side of the box.

If anyone can confirm this or would be willing to work a deal to snag me one at this price, please PM me...I'll check my local Target(s) tonight to see what I can see. Thanks!

I've checked Targets in Michigan stores (Lansing, Brighton, Novi, Livonia, Ann Arbor, and Flint) and none have this bundle on clearance. FYI

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='Mospeada_21']Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

If you have an HD set . . . the difference is very noticiable . . . mostly with brightness of the game . . . progressive scan GC games really glow . . . worth the $30 to get the component cable from Nintendo![/quote]

I do but I really don't want to pay $30 for the Nintendo component cables. There aren't any 3rd party component cables for the GC, right? Oh well, I really just need to bite the bullet and do it I guess.

I have to check my GC to see if it has component video output I assume the DOL number is on the actual unit itself. that would suck if mine was not component ready. Why would Nintendo make one that can't handle component?

[quote name='dsullo']I have to check my GC to see if it has component video output I assume the DOL number is on the actual unit itself. that would suck if mine was not component ready. Why would Nintendo make one that can't handle component?[/quote]

Most people dont bother getting the component cables and by removing it it makes the cube cheaper to produce

Nothing in central NJ. Checked for this and that "$75 PStwo" deal that was posted on Fat Wallet, both seem to be non-existant.

[quote name='dsullo']I have to check my GC to see if it has component video output I assume the DOL number is on the actual unit itself. that would suck if mine was not component ready. Why would Nintendo make one that can't handle component?[/quote]

Less than 5% of all people who own a cube use component cables. That and the fact you could only buy them off Nintendo's website. Now that they took it out, it is cheaper to produce.

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Mospeada_21']Remember, if it matters to you. The two different GCs, one with component output, the other without. Lots of games on the GC have the progressive scan option, so to some people it factors in.

I'm guessing the identifying information is somewhere on the GC?[/quote]

Yeah, its on the side of the box.[/quote]

so does this mean that some of the Metroid bundles have component while others don't? is the info on the packaging or the unit itself? I am about to buy the bundle so this would help me out greatly. thanks for any help you provide.

Chances are the Metroid bundles will not have the AV port, but it should say on the box. You can always exchange the unit for a remanufactured one at NOA.

bread's done
Back