3-GAME PLAN
3 Months for only $22.95/month
Billed in one installment of $68.85
$29.95/month thereafter

2-GAME PLAN
3 Months for only $18.25/month
Billed in one installment of $54.75
$22.95/month thereafter

so mostly its like getting a 3rd game free since 2 games is usually 23permonth)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'm pretty sure it's for current members only and an email exclusive.[/QUOTE] Yuppers. Got this in my email...

Though I think it's for existing members, I don't think it's e-mail only. I saw a banner for it on the site itself. I'd jump on this, but I'm finding Gamefly to be excruciatingly slow to ship games.

Boo on Gamefly. Service has been pretty bad for me. The first two games sent to me never came. I get replacements a week later, making me think the troubles are over. Next thing you know, I sent them a game back on Saturday. It is now Thursday, and they have not received the game back. This seems like a good deal once I move...my location sucks.

I didn't get the email but saw the banner on the site, then noticed I had the wrong card on file. So I went to change it and the banner was gone. Had to go through my history to find the link again. I just did the one at a time again because I don't have enough time to play games, and frequently I am lucky if one of the 30 in my list is actually available.

Oh, I just realized I might not have received the email because my domain name expired and so I didn't get any emails for 2 days, it could have bounced back to gamefly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='v1et r1ce']Boo on Gamefly. Service has been pretty bad for me. The first two games sent to me never came. I get replacements a week later, making me think the troubles are over. Next thing you know, I sent them a game back on Saturday. It is now Thursday, and they have not received the game back. This seems like a good deal once I move...my location sucks.[/QUOTE]

Are you a paying member or on a free account for a month?

if your a paying member Email gamefly and complain that you lost a week cause the first 2 games never showed and you had to wait a week for replacements. They will usually either give you a week discount off the next month or 5 gamefly bucks.

at least everytime it happens to me they give me some sort of credit.

going to call them up tomorrow and ask how this would work

If your membership Runs on each 7 th of the month do they issue a refund of the month you just paid or does the 3 month thing start on your next billing cycle

I probally jump at least to the 2 game plan (only 3.50 more per month) Or 3 games at 23)

lack of Ds and psp games hurts and dont know if there is really anything i want to rent on the PS2

This is pretty sweet, they sent me a b1g1 Free month, activated this on the 7th. Then on the 9th I got the email, 5 months for $77 doesn't seem too bad. Good thing my 1y prepaid netflix is over soon.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']This is pretty sweet, they sent me a b1g1 Free month, activated this on the 7th. Then on the 9th I got the email, 5 months for $77 doesn't seem too bad. Good thing my 1y prepaid netflix is over soon.[/QUOTE]

so that means that the prepaid starts on your next billing cycle???

[quote name='slidecage']so that means that the prepaid starts on your next billing cycle???[/QUOTE]

Yeah netflix would bill me if i don't cancel in time.

I'm hoping they give the option of a yearly renewal again. I did that last time and have been getting the 2-game plan pretty cheap (and cheap is really the only way I can justify keeping the service, with as little as I play these days).

I got an e-mail regarding this but didn't even click the link because it started out "We've changed our e-mail, but would like to offer you a very good offer, just click the link below and blah blah blah"

Didn't think it was worth the chance, but if you guys say it's legit, definitely worth it to save the extra money :bouncy:

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Yeah netflix would bill me if i don't cancel in time.[/QUOTE]

no you said you got 5 months for 77 ... i was asking so the 3 months prepaid starts on your next billing cycle. Im wondering what happens to people who already paid for the month

If my accounts runs the JULY 6 to AUG 5 and i already paid my 22 for 2 games at a time

I wonder if they would just give me back JULY payment and start this prepaid 3 month thing on aug 6 or how they will handle this

[quote name='slidecage']Are you a paying member or on a free account for a month?

if your a paying member Email gamefly and complain that you lost a week cause the first 2 games never showed and you had to wait a week for replacements. They will usually either give you a week discount off the next month or 5 gamefly bucks.

at least everytime it happens to me they give me some sort of credit.

going to call them up tomorrow and ask how this would work

If your membership Runs on each 7 th of the month do they issue a refund of the month you just paid or does the 3 month thing start on your next billing cycle

I probally jump at least to the 2 game plan (only 3.50 more per month) Or 3 games at 23)

lack of Ds and psp games hurts and dont know if there is really anything i want to rent on the PS2[/quote]

REALLY!!!
when i was with gameznflix, i did not get any games or movies for months, and their respond was "well you shouldnt only choose game that is low on availability". some of the 80 games and movies are not low on availability i told them. they decide to ignore my next 10 inquiries afterward, some asking for refund. i even said something general like taking necessary action (specifically i meant cancellation but i left that out) on my last inquiry and they still ignore. i was a great improvement when i switch to gamefly, no slowdown until lately. maybe this brief slowdown is the reason why this 3 month offer exist.

[quote name='gotrice415510']is there a 1 game plan?[/quote] There is one, but unless you're near a shipping center (check their site), I wouldn't recommend it. The shipping for me seems to take a bit longer now and I'm deep into my list of games I want having a "Low" or "Very Low" availability. What sucks is that the offered a 1 year prepay last year, and that was a great deal. I didn't get it offered again, but I did sign up for the 2 game (down from 3) since I'm pretty caught up with games.

On a side note, I just got KOTORII in today and I got a disc error. :bomb: Wife is out of town this weekend too. Guess, I'll just hunt down some achievements on old games. Or try Viva Pinata. Wife liked it, would anyone else recommend it for a mid-core gamer?

Sorry, I didnt mean to allude that i had already pre-paid for this. I will wait till near the end of the month before i decide. I tend to do these things sort of last minute.

[quote name='bustamark']Though I think it's for existing members, I don't think it's e-mail only. I saw a banner for it on the site itself. I'd jump on this, but I'm finding Gamefly to be excruciatingly slow to ship games.[/quote]
I get games from them quick, but sending them back and GF receiving the games... they suck at that. I keep getting the games "lost" (about 6 total)... 4/6 of them were received after 3 weeks after I claimed lost games, the last 2... well, they just terminated my account because GF "didn't receive" the games. :bomb:

well i didn't even have gamefly for 1 month. cancelled with 7 days left on my plan. sent back condemned 2 and it got lost in the mail. they send me another from my list after they do the whole process of the lost in mail thing and they send me my number 4 game! instead of getting say ninja gaiden 2, battlefield bad company or quake wars. i get burnout paradise. thanks gamefly, thanks for nothing. oh i know that ng 2 and bf:bc are on low or no availability but quake wars has a high availabilty so yeah.

[quote name='hoi1ma']what would make them need a little money advance i wonder.[/QUOTE]

They run promos like this about once a year.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Good thing my 1y prepaid netflix is over soon.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get to pre pay on Netflix? Netflix is a ridiculously good deal even with their REGULAR prices, I can't imagine if I could get it even cheaper!

[quote name='hoi1ma']REALLY!!!
when i was with gameznflix, i did not get any games or movies for months, and their respond was "well you shouldnt only choose game that is low on availability". some of the 80 games and movies are not low on availability i told them. they decide to ignore my next 10 inquiries afterward, some asking for refund. i even said something general like taking necessary action (specifically i meant cancellation but i left that out) on my last inquiry and they still ignore.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even CANCEL them. I had to involve the BBB (which they completely ignored, and have like the lowest possible rating with) and my credit card company. They ignored my CC company too! Which obviously helped my case with them...the CC rep on the phone couldn't believe it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']They run promos like this about once a year.

How'd you get to pre pay on Netflix? Netflix is a ridiculously good deal even with their REGULAR prices, I can't imagine if I could get it even cheaper!

I couldn't even CANCEL them. I had to involve the BBB (which they completely ignored, and have like the lowest possible rating with) and my credit card company. They ignored my CC company too! Which obviously helped my case with them...the CC rep on the phone couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

there are two ways to get a prepaid netflix.

you can prepay for a year right on netflix webpage.. its the same priceof paying monthly they dont take a single penny off.....

2nd way is to buy a 1 year prepay off ebay for around 160 to 180.... careful though cause most of these are fake codes

I can't find any way to prepay on mine, but if there's no discount then that's moot point! :)

Netflix is the one company where I honestly feel like I'm ripping them off half the time. I am SO thankful for them 'cause I don't have remotely enough money to watch stuff otherwise (although actually my local video store is fairly cheap too).

I tried Gamefly for 2 months and cancelled it. If you want to rent any recent game, or any that has come out in the last few months or so, expect to see low availability for the game. It's amazing to see just how many games have low availability. Yeah, I know newer games are going to be high in demand, but they should know that too. How do they keep any customers?

I can't remember ever having issues like that, though maybe it depends on what games you're wanting.

[quote name='lowenbotten']I tried Gamefly for 2 months and cancelled it. If you want to rent any recent game, or any that has come out in the last few months or so, expect to see low availability for the game. It's amazing to see just how many games have low availability. Yeah, I know newer games are going to be high in demand, but they should know that too. How do they keep any customers?[/quote]

I'm in my second month now, and I think I'm going to cancel. I'm on 1 game/month, and the last game I sent in had a turnaround of 7 business days. I'm only a few hundred miles from the nearest shipping center, too.

[quote name='lowenbotten']I tried Gamefly for 2 months and cancelled it. If you want to rent any recent game, or any that has come out in the last few months or so, expect to see low availability for the game. It's amazing to see just how many games have low availability. Yeah, I know newer games are going to be high in demand, but they should know that too. How do they keep any customers?[/QUOTE]

that is why you always have a open slot for the games you want.

I wanted FFT2 and had an open spot 2 days before the game came out

[quote name='slidecage']that is why you always have a open slot for the games you want.

I wanted FFT2 and had an open spot 2 days before the game came out[/quote]

That's not a real solution.

I'm considering doing this. I was considering quitting since the list of games I want to play is decreasing versus the increasing list of games I own and haven't touched. At least if it's cheaper it may be easier for me to justify continuing my membership. It's hard to give up that 10% off bonus games.

No promo for me. I was going to accept the 2 for 1 that I got last month, but I was a day late. I've got a little backlog going right now so I was waiting to sign back up. Its interesting that so many people have issues. I guess your distance from their DC's make a huge difference. In my two month trial of the two out at a time I played 15 games including 6 titles that I would consider new releases.

Title - Sent - Returned
Devil May Cry 4 3/13/08 3/24/08
Condemned 2: Bloodshot 3/12/08 3/25/08
Tony Hawk's Project 8 3/8/08 3/13/08
Bully: Scholarship Edition 3/4/08 Bought It
Burnout Paradise 2/28/08 3/6/08
Dynasty Warriors 6 2/28/08 3/7/08
Blue Dragon 2/20/08 2/26/08
Clive Barker's Jericho 2/13/08 2/20/08
Call of Juarez 2/12/08 2/19/08
Culdcept Saga 2/6/08 2/12/08
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom 2/1/08 2/12/08
John Woo Presents Stranglehold 1/31/08 2/5/08
Avatar: The Burning Earth 1/25/08 1/29/08
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year 1/19/08 1/24/08
Overlord 1/19/08 1/31/08

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowenbotten']That's not a real solution.[/QUOTE]

it is for me. I get all new release games.

the past month or 2 i rented

may
Drone Tactics
Summon Night: Twin Age
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2

June
Midnight Play Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
AMF Bowling Pinbusters
FFT2

1 game at a time plan *up to last week when i upped it to 2 at a time )

never had a problem getting matched with any new release game

PS CIV is an okay game but it gets boring fast.... GOT It thursday and sent it back today..

[quote name='Wolfpup']

[/QUOTE]

I received a gift certificate for 1 year 2/out from my family on my birthday. I upgraded and paid the extra $4 monthly for the 3rd movie myself. Cancelled that 3rd movie from the account so thats ending very soon.

just a quick update

The 3 month thing takes Effect on your next billing cycle

Meaning if your Billing was the 1st

JULY 1 you paid 15.95 for 1 at a time

July 18 you got the 3 month prepaid 3 at a time plan for 22.95 per month

You will stay at 1 game at a time Until AUG 1 then your 3 months will start .

ALSO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CREDIT VIA THE TRADE IN PROGRAM...

you can not use your credit for this. YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED

the Trade in credit is only VAILD ON NORMAL PRICE GAMEFLY PLANS

i will probally wait until JULY 27 to buy this .... This way i can stay at 1 game at a time in JULY when there is nothing i want and then be able to get 3 Games at a time for AUG SEPT AND OCT (when better games come out)

[quote name='LuisRM']
On a side note, I just got KOTORII in today and I got a disc error. :bomb: Wife is out of town this weekend too. Guess, I'll just hunt down some achievements on old games. Or try Viva Pinata. Wife liked it, would anyone else recommend it for a mid-core gamer?[/quote]

One of the nice things about Viva Pinata is how wide open it is to hardcore and not-so-hardcore gamers. I personally suggest giving it a real (multi-hour) shot and simply playing it how you want to play it. It gives a steady progression (simple pinatas to complex pinatas, simple plants to complex plants, easy troublemakers to difficult to satisfy trouble makers, for instance), but even considering that, it's rather wide open to what you want to do.

The game did sorely need some shortcuts (multiple clicks to get to the main shop when time passes in that menu is absurd) and I will warn you, it is rather kiddy (but beautiful with the right garden too) in appearance, but it's one of those games that is what you make of it.

Oh, and the time passes really fast once you get engrossed.

[quote name='prateeko']Why the hell can't I go from 3 games out to the 2-game for 3 months?![/quote]

it lets you go up but not down

I was on the 1 game since I downgraded after my last month but it didn't let me go higher than 2 games at a time so I went with that prepaid deal

dont know why but i picked up the 3 at a time for 3 months now im prepaid though NOV 15

too bad they dont use credits.... If i dont send in another game

im right now

PREPAID AUG 17 tO NOV 16 2008

then all of my trade in credit if i do

2 at a time

im paid though april 15 2009

1 at a time

i think May or june 2009

I ended up taking the deal. I currently only do 1 at a time. When my months are over, I plan on moving to blockbuster's in-store deal as my location seems to always have the new releases. I don't like the time it takes to receive new titles. It takes me about a week to receive a new title (pittsburgh is shipping center to charlotte at home). I didn't do two titles because of the expense at the time. I never really had a problem though with getting newer titles. A way to make sure you get them is just to have your queue low with a bunch of newer titles and you will get them. A few examples:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith (currently have it; came out 6/28)
Lego Indiana Jones (got 6/23; came out 6/2)
Army of Two (got 4/7; came out 3/6)
Turok (got 3/5; came out 2/1)
NBA 2k8 (got 10/1/08; came out 10/1/08)
Stranglehold (got 9/8/08; came out 9/7/08)

bread's done
Back