Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

How much trade in credit do you think I can I get for:

* Devil May Cry
* Tony Hawk's Underground
* Medal of Honor: Frontline
* Mechassault
* NCAA Football 2004 (PS2)
* Conflict: Desert Storm

[quote name='nakanenui']if the signs are still up, dont they have to honor it? especially if the sign says valid til sept.[/QUOTE]

Well, like when most deals end, they will take down/remove the signs. Like I said, I'm sure this deal will trickle on till Friday (late notice etc.). but after that, it WILL be over. I really doubt that all 20-30 of us that heard that date arn't fibbin'

[quote name='gizmogc']Well, like when most deals end, they will take down/remove the signs. Like I said, I'm sure this deal will trickle on till Friday (late notice etc.). but after that, it WILL be over. I really doubt that all 20-30 of us that heard that date arn't fibbin'[/QUOTE]

if it does indeed end on the 20th, why would it only "trickle on till Friday?"

wouldn't it last until Sunday or Monday (19th and 20th respectively)?

[quote name='swetooth9']if it does indeed end on the 20th, why would it only "trickle on till Friday?"

wouldn't it last until Sunday or Monday (19th and 20th respectively)?[/QUOTE] I think that it was intended to say "trickle on till the following Friday" not the Friday of the twentieth.

OK, did one (last one probably) trade at the local BB for a $5 game (NBA Street Vol. 3 for GC - looks mint!). Nothing surprising for trade-in values. GC Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage still gets $17, PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 1 still gets $7. Oh, and PS2 XIII still gets $1.50 :D.

Does anyone have an updated price for Nightmare of Druaga?

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']How much trade in credit do you think I can I get for:

* Devil May Cry
* Mechassault
* Conflict: Desert Storm[/QUOTE]

your best bet would just be to call them

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I think that it was intended to say "trickle on till the following Friday" not the Friday of the twentieth.[/QUOTE]

ooohhh...ok, that's what giz meant by late notice, etc.

sounds good to me :)

[quote name='io']OK, did one (last one probably) trade at the local BB for a $5 game (NBA Street Vol. 3 for GC - looks mint!). Nothing surprising for trade-in values. GC Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage still gets $17, PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 1 still gets $7. Oh, and PS2 XIII still gets $1.50 :D.

Does anyone have an updated price for Nightmare of Druaga?[/QUOTE]

I would be embarrassed (sp?) to trade the powerpuff girls game in :lol:

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']How much trade in credit do you think I can I get for:

* Devil May Cry
* Mechassault
* Conflict: Desert Storm[/QUOTE]

probably $9 total because all those games are crap!:booty:You can buy 2 games for $5 each so about $1 and change out of your pocket for any 2 used games.

Where are people getting this Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage game? I assume you're buying it pretty cheap, since a lot of people are trading it.

By the way, is the t3g1 deal going on at regular Blockbuster's?

[quote name='swetooth9']
I would be embarrassed (sp?) to trade the powerpuff girls game in :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, the cute girl taking my games was amazed at how much it got and it made for some nice conversation, so I ain't complaining... Plus, when you have kids you can get away with trading anything in and not feel the slightest embarassment. The worst would have been the Dora The Explorer GBA game I got from Kmart :D.

By the way (in response to Sk8erlink7) I got it at TRU for 11 - not a great deal, but better than a loss. Plus it is nice to trade in things that aren't just $1.50 or $3 games. I am really out of games to trade now. I think I might be able to scrounge up 2 more for one last preorder at GR towards the end of the week. I hope they added stuff this week to the list.

[quote name='io']Well, the cute girl taking my games was amazed at how much it got and it made for some nice conversation, so I ain't complaining... Plus, when you have kids you can get away with trading anything in and not feel the slightest embarassment. The worst would have been the Dora The Explorer GBA game I got from Kmart :D.

By the way (in response to Sk8erlink7) I got it at TRU for 11 - not a great deal, but better than a loss. Plus it is nice to trade in things that aren't just $1.50 or $3 games. I am really out of games to trade now. I think I might be able to scrounge up 2 more for one last preorder at GR towards the end of the week. I hope they added stuff this week to the list.[/QUOTE]

ah, didn't know you were a dad ;) :lol:

When I went to GR today I saw a used X-men Legends for xbox for 16.99 so I'm guess they lowered the trade-in value for those games.

Traded in:

GTA: SA $30
Pariah $28
Phantom Dust $7

Got: Episode III for $5.

Also got Suikdon IV, Cold Fear, and Stranger's Wrath for 26.99 each and one of them were free cuz of the B2G1 deal. Also saw Warrior Within with a 24.99 used priced, which I thought was kind of cheap.

I got about 6 more games to trade in, so I hope I can get a used UC 2 or Return Arms for $5 before the deal ends.

[quote name='nakanenui']if they have a bunch of games come out after the deal, cant you just use their buy2get1free. Just build up as much credit as you can before they pull the deals and you should be fine for buying used gems.[/QUOTE]

Nothing around here that I can buy to trade in there for large amounts.

Every game that is a big trader has been already traded in... local Gamerush's are now stocked full of Nightmare of Druaga and Echo Night Beyond, and everything else I buy will just break even.

I wish I caught this deal earlier, but alas, such is life.

Besides, I already scored a nice haul of $5 dollar games, having leftover credit is icing on the cake. I still have $24 dollars left, which isn't large by some people's standards but right around the time good games popped up at GR, the 4.99 titles went to 6.99 so between that and gas prices, flipping was out of the question.

traded in:

NBA Live 2004-XBOX-$5 ($8 at GS)
ESPN NFL 2k5-XBOX-$5 ($8 at GS)
Morrowind-$3 (Free at GS)

picked up midnight club 3 for xbox. that trade will be the last time i will do any of the 2 deals, but i cant complain. i have $450 in credit, and 22 games paid for, and i recently got jade empire, doom 3:CE, psychonauts, chaos theory, san andreas, ridge racer, lumines, twisted metal, brothers in arms, THUG 2:remix, UC2, MC3, Advent Rising, and Star Wars Episode 3. it was great while it lasted, and i have my xbox 360 paid off at gamestop. gamerush saved me tons and tons of money, and will allow me to have credit for games into 2006.

[quote name='aaa']traded in:

picked up midnight club 3 for xbox. that trade will be the last time i will do any of the 2 deals, but i cant complain. i have $450 in credit, and 22 games paid for, and i recently got jade empire, doom 3:CE, psychonauts, chaos theory, san andreas, ridge racer, lumines, twisted metal, brothers in arms, THUG 2:remix, UC2, MC3, Advent Rising, and Star Wars Episode 3. it was great while it lasted, and i have my xbox 360 paid off at gamestop. gamerush saved me tons and tons of money, and will allow me to have credit for games into 2006.[/QUOTE]

thats awesome that you got psychonauts. i have been looking around for that since the trade deal started. by any chance are you in southern california area???

It is sad that the deals will end soon. Hopefully, new ones will pop up and that flipping didn't ruin all the good GR deals.

todays:
Traded SW:Episode 3 XB $35
Traded Otogi 2 XB $18
Picked up God of War for 29.99. No PO copies anywhere in my town

Traded Doom 3 XB $30
Traded GTA PS2 $18
Preorder NCAA Football 2006 XB for 29.99.

I'm all out of games after today until my EB order gets here which I hope is before the weekend so I can get in before the deal dies. I picked up Mercenaries for PS2 because I didn't beat it when I rented it before and I think it should still get $30 trade in as it rang up as $45 so I'll slam through it real fast before the weekend. I also preordered Fatal Frame 3 for PS2 which was listed for first week of September release date I believe he said.

One game I haven't seen a credit listed for yet is Thunderstrike for PS2, it gets $1.50.

Of note the manager told me that it was likely Wild Arms Alter Code F and Radiata Stories might not come in :cry: Then again he didn't think the deals were ending next week either so who knows. He thanked me for bring it up though so he can abuse it before it ends just incase. I guess that may be a hint as to why I never got busted for the flipping I did in the past.

[quote name='swetooth9'] I would be embarrassed (sp?) to trade the powerpuff girls game in :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was embarassed to trade powerpuff girls also but I was laughing all the way to the bank with those games... I traded in about 4 of them (from 2 diffrerent TRUs) while EB was giving that bonus $5 trade-in credit a couple months ago.

Damn! That game is gold! $22 ($17 plus $5 bonus) at EB... they were about $7 at TRU so a $15 profit on each one... It helped me build a lot of store credit, which I used this week to get a Nintendo DS (with the free Mario 64).

My local GR is limiting the trade 3 and get 1 for $5 offer to one per day.

Can they do this even though the in-store flyer states a limit of 20 trades per day?

[quote name='unforeseen']My local GR is limiting the trade 3 and get 1 for $5 offer to one per day.

Can they do this even though the in-store flyer states a limit of 20 trades per day?[/QUOTE]

Uhm, there's only a limit on the flier for how many po games you can buy in one day, which is 20.

[quote name='Zon27']Uhm, there's only a limit on the flier for how many po games you can buy in one day, which is 20.[/QUOTE]

Therefore, you can trade up to 60 games and get 20 games for $5 each.
Not like I would have the games to do this (or the nerve).

However, the CSR at GR said they implemented this rule because of abuse.

I really wanted UC 2 and GT 4, so I picked up UC 2.

He told me to come back tomorrow and do the trade for GT 4.

[quote name='unforeseen']My local GR is limiting the trade 3 and get 1 for $5 offer to one per day.

Can they do this even though the in-store flyer states a limit of 20 trades per day?[/QUOTE]

Well, it sounds like you found out the answer (yes, they can). An individual store can pretty much make up it's own rules. They could require you to buy a Madden 2004 with each trade 3 for $5 PO transaction if they wanted :D.

[quote name='rafissaying']thats awesome that you got psychonauts. i have been looking around for that since the trade deal started. by any chance are you in southern california area???[/QUOTE]

yes, but i got it for $30, not $5. i havent seen a used copy, ever. i was probably the only person to preorder the game from my store

[quote name='aaa']traded in:

picked up midnight club 3 for xbox. that trade will be the last time i will do any of the 2 deals, but i cant complain. i have $450 in credit, and 22 games paid for, and i recently got jade empire, doom 3:CE, psychonauts, chaos theory, san andreas, ridge racer, lumines, twisted metal, brothers in arms, THUG 2:remix, UC2, MC3, Advent Rising, and Star Wars Episode 3. it was great while it lasted, and i have my xbox 360 paid off at gamestop. gamerush saved me tons and tons of money, and will allow me to have credit for games into 2006.[/QUOTE]

wait...so in addition to getting 22 games paid for/preordered, you got all those games that you listed, and STILL have 450 in credit???!!!

woah

[quote name='shipwreck']All the holiday sales I remember (actually I can only remember one, and that was the 10 for $25 deal) ended on a Tuesday as well. The Memorial Day sale ran through Monday and switched on Tuesday just like every other GameRush sale. I really can't remember any other holiday sales.[/QUOTE]

One of the deals we had last year started on a Thursday and ended on Sunday. I don't remember which one it was, but it was at my first store.

[quote name='unforeseen']Can they do this even though the in-store flyer states a limit of 20 trades per day?[/quote]

they can change it at anytime, at the store level or corporate level. Read the fine print at the bottom of the flier.

[quote name='swetooth9']wait...so in addition to getting 22 games paid for/preordered, you got all those games that you listed, and STILL have 450 in credit???!!![/quote]

sounds like a regular flipper to me...

Traded in today:

GBA - NFL Blitz 2003 - $0.50
GC - NCAA Football 2005 - $12.50
PS2 - Powerdrome - $7.00

Got MX vs. ATV for Xbox, but the disc was scratched and there's no manual so I'll probably end up taking it back.

Also, they won't accept the Xbox Music Mixer for trade at any price.

went to a GR today and traded in:

auto modelista (ps2) - 5 (staying strong at 5 since the beginning)
eternal ring (ps2) - 3 (x2)
ncaa football 04 (ps2) - 3 (x2)
madden 04 (ps2) - 1.50

picked up donkey kong jungle beat and winning eleven 8 for $5 a piece. i also picked up a fatal frame (ps2), phantom brave, and shadow hearts with the b2g1 free. the phantom brave was actually sealed so i had to pick it up. only a couple more days of the good GR days. hopefully everyone is picking up the last of what they really want.

[quote name='KowHunta']There is official signage around that says only 20 trades per day. Not a store flier, but the printed stuff from corporate.[/QUOTE]

Actuallly there is flier... i grabbed one a few days ago.

[quote name='Sockey']so 2004 sports games work on the trade 3 get a used for $5? cause my gamestop has tons and with the buy 2 get 1 free deal...[/QUOTE]

Yea, they do, and the deal lets you use two copies of the same game.

I've bought almost every Madden 2004 at the local Gamestop.

Just went to a GR (in Richardson, TX) and confirmed that the trade 2 for any new/PO for $29.99 deal is expiring on Monday, the 20th.

Starsky & Hutch - $1.50 (which sucks 'cuz I bought it for $5 from BestBuy)
Psi Ops - $3.00 (which is cool since I got it for free from BestBuy)

Got a PO for Kingdom Hearts 2 for $27.96... plus the $1.08 I'll owe in the future, heh.

But yeah, I need to get 2 more games from BestBuy so I can preorder Burnout Revenge, Coded Arms, Death Jr. and Virtua Tennis... Has anyone else been able to PO the new Burnout for a non X360 console?

[quote name='shirase']
But yeah, I need to get 2 more games from BestBuy so I can preorder Burnout Revenge, Coded Arms, Death Jr. and Virtua Tennis... Has anyone else been able to PO the new Burnout for a non X360 console?[/QUOTE]

I have Burnout Revenge preordered for the PS2. (And for the DS also but I want to switch that to PSP as soon as they get their act together).

i have several games w/ the case and instructions. CAn i trade these in for the trade 3 get on PO game for $5 at my local BB

[quote name='anchester']i have several games w/ the case and instructions. CAn i trade these in for the trade 3 get on PO game for $5 at my local BB[/QUOTE]

if you mean w/o, yes you can :D

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']if you mean w/o, yes you can :D[/QUOTE]

That is YMMV. Not all stores will accept just the discs. At the very least have the case with artwork...they will do without a manual, but some stores will reject just disc only games.

[quote name='gizmogc']That is YMMV. Not all stores will accept just the discs. At the very least have the case with artwork...they will do without a manual, but some stores will reject just disc only games.[/QUOTE]

i've been to about 6 stores total and every single one has taken a disc only game from me. i believe it is their policy to take disc only games. it's only ymmv if you have an ill-informed employee.

EDIT: the second time i traded in a disc only game, a newb employee wanted to charge me 50 cents LMAO! i was like, "for what?! it's not like that 50 cents will go towards a manual or cover art!" i talked to the manager and he said that i was allowed to trade in disc only games. that's the only time i've ever had a problem with it. btw, i only trade in disc only games if that's the way i received them :lol:

Has anyone had trouble switching XBOX pre-orders to XBOX360 pre-orders....like Burnout and Madden since they are coming out for both platforms?

The one guy said they were not taking pre-orders on X360 games...but I could tell he was fumbling through his quote

I have a really cool GR manager that lets people switch, but you have to pay a $10 difference since the 350 games are $60. Probably YMMV.

[quote name='gizmogc']That is YMMV. Not all stores will accept just the discs. At the very least have the case with artwork...they will do without a manual, but some stores will reject just disc only games.[/QUOTE]

I would find it hilarious if they rejected disk only copies, yet sold them in the store.

You'd be pretty screwed if you bought a disk only game and wanted to trade it back in.

[quote name='lordopus99']sounds like a regular flipper to me...[/QUOTE]

wrong. i have never flipped a game. ever. the closest i have come to flipping was buying SW Episode III and trading it into gamestop a week after i bought it because i had already beat it, and played coop and arena for like 3 hours with a friend.. dont jump to conclusions. and oh yeah, one more thing :booty:

My local GR has a sign up stating that the T3G1 for $5 and T2 get a new/PO for $29.99 would end on the 20th. So I guess it is official.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i've been to about 6 stores total and every single one has taken a disc only game from me. i believe it is their policy to take disc only games. it's only ymmv if you have an ill-informed employee.

EDIT: the second time i traded in a disc only game, a newb employee wanted to charge me 50 cents LMAO! i was like, "for what?! it's not like that 50 cents will go towards a manual or cover art!" i talked to the manager and he said that i was allowed to trade in disc only games. that's the only time i've ever had a problem with it. btw, i only trade in disc only games if that's the way i received them :lol:[/QUOTE]

Like I said YMMV. I was a GR Manager for 3 different stores, I do know what I was told me by 2 different District Leaders. Its a YMMV, most employee's just don't care, some do. If you bring in 3 disc ony games that he already has 10 copies of, they CAN refuse to take them. I have refused quite a few games when I workd there.

so far i've had no issues trading in disc only games and i have been refused a trade only once because the girl there felt like my Max Payne disc had scratches that were too deep (they weren't). it's funny how each person has different methods of gauging the acceptability of the condition of a disc.

If anyone wants to hit up Gamestop and use their b2g1 free for trading fodder before this Gamerush deal ends, here are some of the prices of their cheapest ps2 used games. If you get two 4.99 games and one free, with the 10% card, your total should be around 9 dollars, even cheaper if you find cheaper games.

All of these games *should* be accepted by all Gamerush's, and are usually found en masse at all Gamestop's.

Madden 2004 - 2.99
Extermination - 2.99
Fantavision - 2.99
Stuntman - 4.99
Airblade - 4.99
Timesplitters - 4.99
Mad Maestro - 4.99

They all trade for 1.50.

And a bit more stuff at 5.99, that I can't remember off hand. The only bad thing is you'll have to ask the employee for the nicest looking copies of these games, as some of these cheap games look like they went through the blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back