Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout NEW EGM issue

Trade-in 5 games & get Any Pre-Owned Game for $1

Trade-in 4 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $5

Trade-in 3 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $10

I wonder they let me Trade-in (5) copies of DRAKEs (over $110 Credit) plus Fable (Pre-Owned) for $1 or Ninja Gaiden and combine with Pre-order deal....... Save $20 when I pre-order Otogi for $20 ???[/quote]

Is this a coupon or an advertised deal?[/quote]They're coupons in the November issue of EGM. I just got it today and they expire on 11/30/04. The $1 and $5 exclude PlayStation games, but the $10 one includes them. Pretty nice coupons. :)[/quote]

Sadness... I flipped through my entire issue and I couldn't find the coupon!!! What page is it on or is it an insert? Thanks in advance. Also, sj41 do you have XBox Live? If so, what's your gamertag for Halo 2 this fall?[/quote]

Probably not in your issue, just like mine, the mags circulated in NY at least don't get them. If you're lucky and willing to beg (like I am) another CAG can sometimes send you one, maybe change it for another coupon or code, etc.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout NEW EGM issue

Trade-in 5 games & get Any Pre-Owned Game for $1

Trade-in 4 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $5

Trade-in 3 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $10

I wonder they let me Trade-in (5) copies of DRAKEs (over $110 Credit) plus Fable (Pre-Owned) for $1 or Ninja Gaiden and combine with Pre-order deal....... Save $20 when I pre-order Otogi for $20 ???[/quote]

Is this a coupon or an advertised deal?[/quote]They're coupons in the November issue of EGM. I just got it today and they expire on 11/30/04. The $1 and $5 exclude PlayStation games, but the $10 one includes them. Pretty nice coupons. :)[/quote]

Sadness... I flipped through my entire issue and I couldn't find the coupon!!! What page is it on or is it an insert? Thanks in advance. Also, sj41 do you have XBox Live? If so, what's your gamertag for Halo 2 this fall?[/quote]

Probably not in your issue, just like mine, the mags circulated in NY at least don't get them. If you're lucky and willing to beg (like I am) another CAG can sometimes send you one, maybe change it for another coupon or code, etc.[/quote]

Thanks jshorr! Looks like I'll just be trading in three or more to get the extra $5!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Sadness... I flipped through my entire issue and I couldn't find the coupon!!! What page is it on or is it an insert? Thanks in advance. Also, sj41 do you have XBox Live? If so, what's your gamertag for Halo 2 this fall?[/quote] It's on page 53 and my gamertag is... well... sj41. I'm think of making a new tag, though so I'm not sure what I'll be by the time Halo 2 rolls around. :)

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']today i traded:
megaman nt $15
suikoden 3 $15
metal gear solid ts $15
silent hill 2 $10
rygar $8
ace combat 4 $13
6 copies of drake for $27 each

got fifty cents for crazy taxi dreamcast, and a dollar fifty for jimmy johnson football for psone and preordered star wars battlefront for thirty dollars, That brings my running total of preorders up to 11. I doubt i will get any more preorders unless they carry the new time crisis game.

I may trade in some accessories for their other promotion to get 25% off 12 months of xbox live with crimson skies and headset, or i may go for defender's deal.[/quote]

Did they give you any crap about the Drakes? The manager in the Culver City store kept staring at my account and made a phone call about Drake before she would accept it.[/quote]

:lol: I traded in a drake at the culver city store yesterday, although that is only one for me there.

[quote name='thaderules10'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10']I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game.]/b] Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

BTW if you have a big XBox controller, they're giving $15 credit.[/quote]

any updates? :p
[/quote]

Nope been busy with school. I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'll be going back to Ballsbuster.[/quote]

oh ok. thanks for the quick reply :)

if it helps anybody, the manager at the la habra store will not let you combine deals. he's reallly anal about the promotions. also, make sure you get a manual with your games. last time i went, i was going to buy 5 games, but none of them had manuals! :([/quote]

No go at my ballsbuster. Manager said the same thing as the cashier. Oh well, it was worth a shot.[/quote]

thanks for the info thaderules10. guess i'll stick to the one in la habra :lol: :(

Just got back from Game Rush, and I'm pretty pleased with the deals I got. I thought I was going to have a hard time, because when I walked in, two employees immediately said, "Wow, you work at the video game store across the street, what are you doing here?" Fortunately they were very nice and cool, and were mostly just excited that I had deigned to visit them. I ended up walking out of there with Halo 2 (regular edition) pre-ordered and paid for in full, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2) and Star Ocean (PS2). I paid $4.45 out of pocket.

Traded in:

Space Channel 5 (PS2) $25.00
Counter Strike (XBOX) $7.00
Drake (XBOX) $22.00
Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak (GBA) $13.00
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA) $5.00
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA) $12.00

Sub-Total $84.00

But wait, there's more. Never mind that I paid around $13 for Space Channel 5 new, and that mere moments before visiting Game Rush I purchased Drake at Software Etc. for $7.53. They also let me combine the $5 extra per game and the get $20 off a pre-order promotions.

I even said "Do I need to do the trade-ins separately to get both deals?" The clerk replied, "Nah, I'll just combine them. I don't know if I'm supposed to, but it's ok."

So add on another bonus $30 (6 games x $5 bonus for each) and take $20 off of Halo 2.

Grand-Total: $81.70 in credit after paying for Halo 2 completely. I was so happy I could have kissed them. I didn't, that would have given rise to all sorts of complications, but I really was excited about the deal that I got.

So yeah, I'm completely with the people in this thread when they recommend finding someone actually wearing a Game Rush shirt, because the two guys I dealt with were totally nice and went out of their way to get me the best deal possible. They were very enthusiastic and had a lot of pride in their work. They asked me what I thought and I said truthfully, "You guys were awesome."

Hee! I have the warm fuzzies now. Time to go crack open "Star Ocean" and when my fiance comes home and fusses about me buying more video games I can show him my receipt and I can also give him the "Street Fighter Anniversary Collection" and special edition Ken Controller that I got him. (Bought the controller from work. Was in such a good mood about saving so much that I splurged a little.)

All the gamerush employees I've dealt with, exept one, let me pick any game they had in their computer and just took $20 off. I have 4 games over 49.99 preordered. (2x Halo 2 CE, Mortal Kombat KE, and the Time Crisis: Crisis Zone). Most of the employees would combine the deals too.

[quote name='ksuwild25']All the gamerush employees I've dealt with, exept one, let me pick any game they had in their computer and just took $20 off. I have 4 games over 49.99 preordered. (2x Halo 2 CE, Mortal Kombat KE, and the Time Crisis: Crisis Zone). Most of the employees would combine the deals too.[/quote]

Mind if I ask which location you go to?

Yes, I mind. You will never know my secrets! :twisted:

j/k

I go to the ones on McDermott/Alma, Mckinney, and I don't know the street to the third one. I usually take Exchange to get to it, but that's the one with the strict employee so I'm not to custom with it.

I gotta question. Are you guys allowed to preorder games not on Gamerushs printed out list? Ive literally almost run out of stuff to preorder because they wont let me get games not on the list. The funny thing is that ive preordered Close Cobat:First to fight(xbox) and it wasnt on the list. But when i went to preorder The Urbz:Sims in the city for my girl,they said "since it wasnt on the list" i couldnt get it. Has anyone run into a scenario like this? Should i try a different store,any pointers? Tonight i had to settle for Midnight Club 2:Dub Edition and Kotor 2. Not to bad but i wanted other games first.

When I asked about the lists to a manager, he said they got them in the early summer in like June or something. He said there might be more games in their system by now and also said games that have been delayed, but were on the list, might have been taken out of their system (a few I've run into were Jade Empire and Unreal Championship 2). I can't say for sure what's all in their computer.

does anyone know where to find the coupon for gamerush that gives you an extra $20 towards a preorder when you trade in 2 games, because i lost mine. are there any mags or websites that have this coupon. if anyone knows it will help a lot, because i have 4 games to trade in. thanks

[quote name='Usa Ghost']I gotta question. Are you guys allowed to preorder games not on Gamerushs printed out list? Ive literally almost run out of stuff to preorder because they wont let me get games not on the list. The funny thing is that ive preordered Close Cobat:First to fight(xbox) and it wasnt on the list. But when i went to preorder The Urbz:Sims in the city for my girl,they said "since it wasnt on the list" i couldnt get it. Has anyone run into a scenario like this? Should i try a different store,any pointers? Tonight i had to settle for Midnight Club 2:Dub Edition and Kotor 2. Not to bad but i wanted other games first.[/quote]

They should be able to look it up, that is what they always do at my gamerush, I just have them search for it in thier computer.

[quote name='spin03']does anyone know where to find the coupon for gamerush that gives you an extra $20 towards a preorder when you trade in 2 games, because i lost mine. are there any mags or websites that have this coupon. if anyone knows it will help a lot, because i have 4 games to trade in. thanks[/quote]

You shouldn't need a coupon for this anymore, this deal should be standard.

When I went today, the guys had these little bar codes that were for each deal. They just scanned them to give me the $20 off my Halo 2 pre-order. Failing that, they also had flyers all over the counter advertising the deal. You shouldn't have much of a problem if you don't have a coupon, as long as you go in before 10/11 which is when it expires.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']today i traded:
megaman nt $15
suikoden 3 $15
metal gear solid ts $15
silent hill 2 $10
rygar $8
ace combat 4 $13

got fifty cents for crazy taxi dreamcast, and a dollar fifty for jimmy johnson football for psone and preordered star wars battlefront for thirty dollars, That brings my running total of preorders up to 11. I doubt i will get any more preorders unless they carry the new time crisis game.

I may trade in some accessories for their other promotion to get 25% off 12 months of xbox live with crimson skies and headset, or i may go for defender's deal.[/quote]

Did they give you any crap about the Drakes? The manager in the Culver City store kept staring at my account and made a phone call about Drake before she would accept it.[/quote]

:lol: I traded in a drake at the culver city store yesterday, although that is only one for me there.[/quote]

actually the manager at the venice blvd store got pissed at me for it and said i wasnt a gamer, and said he would look into my other accounts to see if i was abusing the system. He let me do trade ins for snake eater tho, that brings my total preorders up to 11.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']today i traded:
megaman nt $15
suikoden 3 $15
metal gear solid ts $15
silent hill 2 $10
rygar $8
ace combat 4 $13

:lol: I traded in a drake at the culver city store yesterday, although that is only one for me there.[/quote]

actually the manager at the venice blvd store got pissed at me for it and said i wasnt a gamer, and said he would look into my other accounts to see if i was abusing the system. He let me do trade ins for snake eater tho, that brings my total preorders up to 11.[/quote]

Ah so, now it makes sense. I went they tonight and they were like "Don't even try it." and I was like "F.uck you!" and left. That used to be my favorite store, I traded in 8 Drakes there. But the manager was never there.

[quote name='$hady']Got another copy of Drake today from EB for $6.99, taking it to BR in a lil bit.[/quote]

On EB's website it says $16.99 is it $6.99 instores? or did you just make a typo.

I hope its not a typo because id like somemore Drakes (I already bought all of them from the Game Stops near me)

[quote name='Sockey'][quote name='$hady']Got another copy of Drake today from EB for $6.99, taking it to BR in a lil bit.[/quote]

On EB's website it says $16.99 is it $6.99 instores? or did you just make a typo.

I hope its not a typo because id like somemore Drakes (I already bought all of them from the Game Stops near me)[/quote]

used = $6.99

WooHoo...my two $6.99 DRAKE's just showed up that I ordered online. Now to make a trip to GameRush and preorder a few games....just have to decide what I want. Any XBOX suggestions?

I called my 3 local stores and they all say tuesday or wednesday, so i went back to best buy and bought it. When i get my preorder from GR i'll take it back to BB and get a refund. Prolly not the most ethical thing to do but nobody will be hurt by it and some lucky BB shopper will get my returned copy after all the others have been sold out at my BB, the only have a few copies left.

I'm hoping to go preorder:

Star Wars Battle Front
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Halo 2 CE (I want redo my preorder so I can get it cheaper)
Metroid Prime 2
Paper Mario 2
Jade Empire
and maybe a couple others without this deal like NBA 2K5.

I'm loving GameRush so far and I can still get used games really cheap with all of the coupons they are putting in magazines.

Just to let everyone know BLockbuster will only accept 2 copies now of any title. He said they also have the right to refuse any titles they may have too many copies of. I was there today and new sign were places as of today with these guidlines. These signs were company printed so expect for all stores to have them very soon if not already.

^^^

SO if you have multiple Drakes...don't bother trying to trade in more than 2 at a time. I don't know if your account keeps track of how many copies of a certain title you have but your best bet is try different stores.

I have one last copy of drake i found yesterday and then just 2 good games and 10 sports games i got from ebgames.com this week. 2 each of the old ps2 & xbox 2 &$3 games. Hope i dont have any trouble i'm using the sports games with the trade 5 get 1 used for $1 coupon.

[quote name='buster90']Just to let everyone know BLockbuster will only accept 2 copies now of any title. He said they also have the right to refuse any titles they may have too many copies of. I was there today and new sign were places as of today with these guidlines. These signs were company printed so expect for all stores to have them very soon if not already.[/quote]

I can verify this as well there were signs up in all of the gamerushes around my area. They also have stoped allowing trade-ins on almost all the old sports titles and crap games completely seeing as they have 15+ copies of some of them. :cry:

It also seems as some stores are NOT adding the extra $5 dollars per trade-in if the game is worth less than 5 dollars as well... This was just at a few stores and not all but may be indicative of something to come.

Well, I hope my GameRush takes both of my Drakes. I have not traded any in yet...only made on trade actually. I think I will trade those in a few other games.

Will probably pre-order MK:Deception, SW:Battlefront (assuming they don't have it tomorrow) and possibly pick up NBA 2K5 and/or Rocky Legends with credit.

Man, Drake is OOS?! I guess the world has figured out the whole Drake/Game Rush situation. ;)

I only want to preorder one more game, that being Paper Mario 2, but, I don't know when I'm going to do that, or what I'll trade in to get it (because all Drake's all sold out in my area basically).

Just got off work at Gamerush. The price that we sell preowned Drake at has dropped from $34.99 to $14.99 in the last 24 hours. This means that it's a near certainty that the credit given for Drake will drop to $7-$8 come tomorrow morning. I got rid of my last 3 Drakes today, but couldn't get the extra $5 for it because the trade in value is already more than what Gamerush is selling the game for.

If you have any copies of Drake left, I encourage you to run to your nearest Blockbuster before it closes tonight. Otherwise, you may be out about $15 in store credit.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just got off work at Gamerush. The price that we sell preowned Drake at has dropped from $34.99 to $14.99 in the last 24 hours. This means that it's a near certainty that the credit given for Drake will drop to $7-$8 come tomorrow morning. I got rid of my last 3 Drakes today, but couldn't get the extra $5 for it because the trade in value is already more than what Gamerush is selling the game for.

If you have any copies of Drake left, I encourage you to run to your nearest Blockbuster before it closes tonight. Otherwise, you may be out about $15 in store credit.[/quote] :shock:

Oh well. I don't know if I would have ver been able to find a copy anyways. And to think, I could have gotten all the copies of Drake plus free Drake comic books for $5 each at EBgames.com. :( I regret it now. :cry:

UPDATE: I'm not sure if this is coincidence either but all the gamerushes around my area (8+) have stopped taking in printed coupons and will only accept the original.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just got off work at Gamerush. The price that we sell preowned Drake at has dropped from $34.99 to $14.99 in the last 24 hours. This means that it's a near certainty that the credit given for Drake will drop to $7-$8 come tomorrow morning. I got rid of my last 3 Drakes today, but couldn't get the extra $5 for it because the trade in value is already more than what Gamerush is selling the game for.

If you have any copies of Drake left, I encourage you to run to your nearest Blockbuster before it closes tonight. Otherwise, you may be out about $15 in store credit.[/quote]

lmao, it is about time!

I went in to the one in Wilsonville, Oregon today. By the way, it's the only one in Oregon! A 30 minute drive from where I am (Portland). Here's what I traded in today:

Driver - PSX - $1.00
Bouncer, The - PS2- $7.00
Drakengard - PS2 - $13.00
Full Spectrum Warrior - XBOX - $25.00
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, the - XBOX - $7.00
TOTAL: $53.00

She wouldn't let me combine multiple offers together, so I used Driver for the "Trade in 1 PSX/PS2/XBOX/GCN/GBA game and get $10 off any new game that's $39.99+." I used the other 4 for "Trade in 3 or more PSX/PS2/XBOX/GCN/GBA games, get $5 more per game ($3 for PSX). So:

Driver - PSX - $1.00
Bouncer, The - PS2- $12.00
Drakengard - PS2 - $18.00
Full Spectrum Warrior - XBOX - $30.00
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, the - XBOX - $12.00
TOTAL: $73.00

With that, I used $39.99 of it to pay for Fable and had the leftover amount of $33.01 put on a Gift Card. Not bad, but not great like you guys, being able to do the same thing AND getting $20 off a preorder. If I wanted to do that, I would have had to give up $10 extra to get the $20 off, which is +$10, but I would have to come back to pick the game up, and from where I will be at college, it would be a 70 minute drive, which isn't worth it. Oh well, for those 5 games, I got Fable and $33.01. So not bad!

On another note, I brought in Space Channel 5: Special Edition, looking to get $25.00 for it, but the employee said it rang up as $1.50 in trade in when she scanned it and sold for $6.99 used. She also told me that they had another item in their system that was Space Channel 5 that was worth $25.00 (which is the one I had), but she said because it didn't ring up as that one, she couldn't give me credit because it could be a mistake. She said she would leave a note with the manager about it. It's funny, because I saw the same copy of SC:SE they had for $34.99 used. Oh well, not a big deal. She was a very nice employee, but did follow the rules strictly.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I knew it would happen soon. I always thought they updated their trade-in prices on tuesday, but I don't know for sure.[/quote]I think think that's when they normally do it, but this was ike an emergency change, I guess. :lol:

If you have any copies of Drake left, I encourage you to run to your nearest Blockbuster before it closes tonight. Otherwise, you may be out about $15 in store credit.[/quote]

And the search for the next loophole game begins :D

i don't mind them dropping the drake price because it makes market sense, but the lifetime trade-in only two copies of a title on an account is ridiculous (very market contrary)

I knew I should've traded in Drake this weekend....darn it. Well, I'm going today after work.....oh well, I still have a $10 more for your trade-in coupon.

I just phoned my local regular blockbuster before reading the latest posts in this thread. They don't know anything about game trade-ins, first this girl on the phone was refusing to tell me how much the trade-in value was because she had to see the disc....stupid....then someone else got on and said the trade-in value was 14.99....but I'm sure he was also stupid and was reading the preowned price. Good thing I didn't make another Drake run...

Oh also a friend of mine who was lucky enough to double dip on the $5 extra and preorder deals was told that the $5 extra only applied if the game was worth more than $5 to begin with...

[quote name='jshorr']
Oh also a friend of mine who was lucky enough to double dip on the $5 extra and preorder deals was told that the $5 extra only applied if the game was worth more than $5 to begin with...[/quote]

i heard this before, but does it mean that the sale price has to more then $5, or the trade value has to be more than $5?

:?:

[quote name='zewone']I've got the extra $5 on a ton of games that were worth $2-$2.50. It just depends on the cashier.[/quote]

Ya this is totally based on the cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back