Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

I asked and for Mario Party 7, Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros at local GR on friday.
None were in the system.

I did put a preorder on Mario And Luigi: Partners in Time

How about "Mario Track and Field"?

or

"Super Mario: Pasta Power!" a game about competitive eating

P.S.
GR will have Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance with the MK action figures.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I asked and for Mario Party 7, Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros at local GR on friday.
None were in the system.

I did put a preorder on Mario And Luigi: Partners in Time

[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime Hunters is in the system and has been for some time - they just didn't look hard enough :D. I've had it preordered since the end of August and I know it has been in for a while before that - I always had other things to get and when I was desperate dropped a preorder on that.

Though, looking at my receipt, it says "NDS-Metriod Prime Hunters". So hopefully this isn't a preorder for some cheap Hong Kong knock-off ("Metriod Prime Hunters" by Nintondo!). Seriously, though, maybe they didn't find it because they typed the whole "Metroid" part out and it is actually mispelled. Just have them use this SKU: 139403. That's what's on the DS preorder sheet dated August 4th that my GR was handing out.

[quote name='io']Metroid Prime Hunters is in the system and has been for some time - they just didn't look hard enough :D. I've had it preordered since the end of August and I know it has been in for a while before that - I always had other things to get and when I was desperate dropped a preorder on that.

Though, looking at my receipt, it says "NDS-Metriod Prime Hunters". So hopefully this isn't a preorder for some cheap Hong Kong knock-off ("Metriod Prime Hunters" by Nintondo!). Seriously, though, maybe they didn't find it because they typed the whole "Metroid" part out and it is actually mispelled. Just have them use this SKU: 139403. That's what's on the DS preorder sheet dated August 4th that my GR was handing out.[/QUOTE]

pffft, figures. I need to get "metriod" from GR soon. thanks for the info.

also thanks for your post about Mario and Luigi been waiting for that one to come alive in their system.

Traded:

XB Galleon - $20
XB Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - $3
XB Ghost Recon: Jungle Strike - $5
XB Return to Castle Wolfenstein - $3

I got $31 credit for games I paid $25 for, plus I preordered KH2 (January '06) and Okami (February '06). I was surprised that they had different months in their system because neither game has a confirmed release date. I also tried to preorder PDZ and it was still $59.99 as others have mentioned. I was not able to stack promotions, so I did not get the 25% bonus this time.

Glad to still see Galleon trading in at $20. I've still got a few laying around. I might build up credit with the 25% deal, or preorder another game...hmm..

does the Mario DDR dance mix come with the Pad?
If I wanna take advantage of this 25% then i have to preorder something else and then switch it to Mario party 7 and mario striker right? since both games seem not to be in the systerm yet? thanx

[quote name='racthamp']does the Mario DDR dance mix come with the Pad?
If I wanna take advantage of this 25% then i have to preorder something else and then switch it to Mario party 7 and mario striker right? since both games seem not to be in the systerm yet? thanx[/QUOTE]

io said Super Mario Strikers is in the system, so you should be able to get that one. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to switch it to MP7 from something else later.

And I believe someone previously stated that Mario DDR does not come with the pad, at least at GR. So I'm not bothering with that one yet.

[quote name='botticus']io said Super Mario Strikers is in the system, so you should be able to get that one. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to switch it to MP7 from something else later.

And I believe someone previously stated that Mario DDR does not come with the pad, at least at GR. So I'm not bothering with that one yet.[/QUOTE]

oh cool... i'm gonna go ahead and order mario striker then. hopefully mario party 7 will be there soon...,
about mario dance DDR mix, does it has two version? one with/without the mat? could it be that GR didn't have the whole description of the package so they only put mario DDR mix in their system?

According to Nintendo's press site, there is only one DDR package, and it includes the mat. In the past, they have always listed different prices for Donkey Konga packages.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']According to Nintendo's press site, there is only one DDR package, and it includes the mat. In the past, they have always listed different prices for Donkey Konga packages.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I'll look into it next time I'm at GR.

[quote name='botticus']Good to know, I'll look into it next time I'm at GR.[/QUOTE]

does gamerush accept the Donkey conga 1 (game only) for trade yet? i have one extra copy that could use it as a trade bit to reserve more games.. thanx

I wish I had more Mario Baseball's...in my pants!!! Seriously though, at $40 trade value, I wish I had more of them. The one I traded in was a gift to me and I already had one that I had the good fortune to find used at GR. They also had a used Geist but it was disc only so I passed on it. IO, it sounds like if they put the word "Mario" in front of anything, there'd be a high probability that you'd pre-order it! How about Super Mario-Princess Lover? I would like a, Super Mario-Please give me an old-school platformer game, personaly.

[quote name='kojubat']Has anyone traded Rise of the Kasai recently, considering it was just reduced at Best Buy to $15 with coupon?[/QUOTE]
To answer my own question, Rise trades in for $10 without bonus. It would be a trade at a loss, even with bonus. Oh well.

[quote name='eraser813']I wish I had more Mario Baseball's...in my pants!!! Seriously though, at $40 trade value, I wish I had more of them. The one I traded in was a gift to me and I already had one that I had the good fortune to find used at GR. They also had a used Geist but it was disc only so I passed on it. IO, it sounds like if they put the word "Mario" in front of anything, there'd be a high probability that you'd pre-order it! How about Super Mario-Princess Lover? I would like a, Super Mario-Please give me an old-school platformer game, personaly.[/QUOTE]

Meh - I'm actually NOT interested in old-school Mario platformers - I pretty much stopped playing console games when they all became instant-death platformers and fighters in the late 80's. I will get the new Mario DS platformer though. of course :D.

I haven't preordered the Mario DDR game yet though - but I might just do that if everyone here thinks it will come with the pad as well.

With 3 kids (8, 5, 2 1/2) in the house, Mario anything is a staple... And, yes, I play them too. Though I just broke out the Sonic Adventure 2 game that I picked up at the CC glitch sale for $5 - the kids love that. So now my 5 year-old, especially, is a little into Sonic as well :D. That's why I decided to preorder Shadow the Hedgehog.

I've got 3 kids as well! Congrats on that. My youngest, 4 y.o, loves the minigames in supermario ds. I like those the best also because I found the control system in the main game lacking. Anyway, Mario party 7 is looked forward to because we all get together and play/make fun of each other.

Well, I"m off to trade in Motogp 3, Ncaa '06 and SW ep.3 all for xbox. Let's see what it all totals out to be. I'm guessing around 65 before bonus.

[quote name='eraser813']I've got 3 kids as well! Congrats on that. My youngest, 4 y.o, loves the minigames in supermario ds. I like those the best also because I found the control system in the main game lacking. Anyway, Mario party 7 is looked forward to because we all get together and play/make fun of each other.

Well, I"m off to trade in Motogp 3, Ncaa '06 and SW ep.3 all for xbox. Let's see what it all totals out to be. I'm guessing around 65 before bonus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I want to get Mario Party 7 - but only if I can get it at GR for $30 using the deal - otherwise I'd wait. We've barely played Mario Party 6 yet. This GR deal is great, though, because I can pretty much get any game I might be slightly interested in - the out of pocket expense is so low...

I'm sure you'll get a boatload of credit with those 3 games!

[quote name='racthamp']does gamerush accept the Donkey conga 1 (game only) for trade yet? i have one extra copy that could use it as a trade bit to reserve more games.. thanx[/QUOTE]
Hmmn, I don't know. But they wouldn't take a Taiko Drum Master. :(

[quote name='ECW_fan']Does anyone kow if they are taking pre orders for the Xbox 360 system yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they started about two weeks ago, you need to put down $100 to reserve your system.

[quote name='botticus']Can anyone vouch for trade in values for some of the games we think are going on clearance tomorrow at Best Buy for $1-$10 (last day of GR +25% credit)?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1306071#post1306071

Would be a good last gasp for getting a game or two preordered.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the clearance start Monday? Makes a huge difference to me as I am travelling Monday though I might be able to hit up a Best Buy by the airport right before I board my plane - will be cutting it close though. Oh the things we do to be a CAG. Just to be safe, though, I bought a few games at another Best Buy today - if they price adjust next weekend when I get home, that's great. If not I just return them. I'm going to go to another tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out whether they have the sale starting then or not.

As for what trades well at GR - you are pretty safe getting any of the $4.99 games. If they don't trade for more than $5 at GR, they are good for the $5 bonus at EB (except for a few that are POX so be careful). It's a great time for trade-in fodder because of the TRU 50% sale, a rash of recent $5 games at Target $5, and now this Best Buy sale - all in combination with the GR deals and the EB $5 bonus deal. In particular, the 25% bonus at GR and the $5 bonus at EB are great to have running at the same time - you can buy anything cheap and between the 2 of those stores you'll get a good value. Too bad the Best Buy sale and GR 25% bonus won't overlap though - at least not for me (I guess they would overlap on Monday but I can't get to GR then). But I've got plenty of games to bring in to GR tomorrow so I don't need the Best Buy ones :D.

I made one mistake at Best Buy though - I thought Bard's Tale for PS2 was going to be $4.99, but it appears it is only the Xbox version that is on sale. Oh well... That one should trade for a decent amount at GR (though I'm not sure about the Xbox version - Xbox games seem to be dropping faster than the others because of the upcoming 360 release).

[quote name='io']Doesn't the clearance start Monday? [/QUOTE]

Oy, yeah, its Monday. I keep thinking today is Sunday for some reason. Well, its Sunday now, of course, but when I posted it was Saturday. You know what I mean.

My values for today:
Xbox: NCAA Football 2006-$37.50
SW EP.3-$37.50
Advent Rising-$25.31
Darkwatch-$37.50
Destroy all Humans-$37.50

PS2: Fight Night Rd.2-$37.50

All values include the Bonus

Wasn't Paper Mario getting like $20 at GR a month ago? It is only $5 at BB, and getting $25 for the game after bonus would mean huge credit build up. Too bad the 25% thing lasts for 1 day only once the BB deal starts. I am sure there are a few others that get around $10 that can be bought for $5 at BB though.

[quote name='aaa']Wasn't Paper Mario getting like $20 at GR a month ago? It is only $5 at BB, and getting $25 for the game after bonus would mean huge credit build up. Too bad the 25% thing lasts for 1 day only once the BB deal starts. I am sure there are a few others that get around $10 that can be bought for $5 at BB though.[/QUOTE]

Paper Mario is supposed to be $9.99 at Best Buy I think. Still a great price of course. I have no idea why they would do that - I'm sure they'd sell them all at $20.

Yeah, if not $10, then many of the $5 games will get $8 anyway (without bonus since that won't apply for long).

There are actually several games that I want to play from the Best Buy sale - getting trade fodder is incidental, and I certainly won't pass it up, but is not my primary motivation. I've already bought Spyro Hero's Tale for GC and Mr Driller for DS that I will try to price adjust next weekend. Those are for my collection (Mr Driller at $9.99 is probably not worth it as trade fodder anyway). I need the Spyro game to go along with my penny guide :D.

Do they currently have the trade 2 Current Gen games, and get one new one for 29.99? I hope so. I didnt see anything about it in the original post, and have no patience to look through the entire thread.

[quote name='nneace']Do they currently have the trade 2 Current Gen games, and get one new one for 29.99? I hope so. I didnt see anything about it in the original post, and have no patience to look through the entire thread.[/QUOTE]

Preorder only - not all new games like before... I heard from my GR that they might start a new trade 2 deal that includes new games though. Just rumor at this point though.

[quote name='io']Paper Mario is supposed to be $9.99 at Best Buy I think. Still a great price of course. I have no idea why they would do that - I'm sure they'd sell them all at $20.

Yeah, if not $10, then many of the $5 games will get $8 anyway (without bonus since that won't apply for long).

There are actually several games that I want to play from the Best Buy sale - getting trade fodder is incidental, and I certainly won't pass it up, but is not my primary motivation. I've already bought Spyro Hero's Tale for GC and Mr Driller for DS that I will try to price adjust next weekend. Those are for my collection (Mr Driller at $9.99 is probably not worth it as trade fodder anyway). I need the Spyro game to go along with my penny guide :D.[/QUOTE]

You are the trade master, please guide us! lol ;)

After i saw this thread about Best Buy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66205&page=1&pp=20

I figured i would go into work and get some price quotes for everyone, so they will know what to shop for. Mind you that the best buy list was massive so i didnt type everything in but i did do some, anyway here is what i got

PS2
$0.99

Spongebob Squarepants - 8, thats all it said on the best buy list so i checked the 3 different spongebob games and they are all 8.

Rocky - 5
Future Tactics - 1.50
Pinball Hall of Fame - 3

$4.99
Nba Street - 1.50
SSX Tricky - 3.00
Top Gun: Combat Zones - 5
James Bond: Agent Under Fire - 3.00
Jeopordy - 5, only one listed in Game Rush system was Jeopardy 2 though
Ghost Recon - 5
Risk - 10
Enter the Matrix - 3
Def Jam Vendetta - 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 - 8
The Hobbit - 1.50

$9.99
Kill Switch - 7
Narc - 8
Growlanser Generations - 25, im guessing this is the 2-disc version instead of deluxe, but if it is deluxe Game Rush doesnt take it

Y's: The Ark of Napishtim - 20

GBA
$0.99

Disney's Tarzan: Return to the Jungle - 2
Tony Hawk Underground - 2
Excite Bike Classic - 1.50

$9.99

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - 10

XBOX
$0.99

Star Wars Starfighter - 5
Crash Nitro Kart - 8
Catwoman - 1
Crash 'N Burn - 8
Yager - 7

$4.99

Shellshock Nam '67 - 6.75
Silent Hill 4 - 8
Second Sight - 6
Rocky: Legends- 12.50
Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf - 8
Bard's Tale- 12.25
Fight Club - 6.75
The Incredibles - 8

$9.99
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - 12.25
Godzilla: Save the Earth - 7

GCUBE
$4.99

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - 8
Megaman X command mission - 12.25

$9.99
Paper Mario 2 - 18.00, im guessing this was a thousand year door

Nds- Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits 9.00

P.S.
This is without the 25 percent, and these trade prices should be current at all Game Rush locations until Tuesday when we get our weekly update, or unless someone has manually changed trade in prices.

also sorry it would have been more but i gotta go back to work to actually work this time.

Extremely appreciated... I was trying to figure out a few (2-4) good ones to look for to burn the rest of my GR credit on some preorders.

Excellent post Nemesis35. Hopefully it won't tip off the GR people to drop some of those games come Tuesday though :D.

This definitely helps in determining what to pick up (and certainly what NOT to pick up - Catwoman, for example). Note that many of the games that only get $3 or $5 at GR will get more at EB with the $5 bonus deal. Narc gets $7 + $5 there, so save that one for EB for sure.

I'm heading out to another Best Buy right now to buy a few more full price and save for next weekend to price adjust... Interestingly enough, Paper Mario, while probably the best single deal at Best Buy in and of itself, isn't much good for trade-in fodder compared to some of the rest! If you don't have this game though, PICK IT UP!

Thank you very, very much Nemesis35.

I will probably trade these in tomorrow:

Rainbow Six 4:Lockdown-$40
Nintendogs-$15
Pandora Tomorrow-$4
Paper Mario x2-$45
Y's:The Ark of.....x2-$50
Mega Man x-$15.32
Rocky Legends-$15.63
Bard's Tale-$15.32

$200.27 in credit. I know my BB has these games in stock, so tomorrow will be great. I can fully preorder my final 3 launch games for XBOX 360, and still have $430 in credit at GR, along with my GS credit. Thank you very, very much Nemesis.

I'm going to trade in a few games tomorrow also, taking advantage of final 25% bonus

NCAA 2006
RS:Lockdown
Pandora Tomorrow
Burnout 3
Spider-Man 2 PSP

I should get some good loot for that....I will be closer to paying off my 360 now for good

I may check my BB for a few cheap games too

According to the Gamerush website...it appears they are giving MORE credit for some PSP games now (It used to be $22 or $28...now some are getting $30-$35. I think it's time to trade in NFL STreet 2 and pre-order Madden for it.

[quote name='io']Excellent post Nemesis35. Hopefully it won't tip off the GR people to drop some of those games come Tuesday though :D.
[/QUOTE]

Ha... if all goes well, I will be stopping by the Macedonia BB (which seemed to have a lot according to the website (yes, I know the website sucks, but I figure its more likely to be in stock if the website says its in stock, rather than vice versa) after work tomorrow, and then heading over to GR immediately after if my haul is decent, to trade in and get the rest of that credit burned for two preorders. Figure DDR and Super Mario Strikers will be good. Get my extra 25% and not worry about value drops on Tuesday.

[quote name='botticus']Ha... if all goes well, I will be stopping by the Macedonia BB (which seemed to have a lot according to the website (yes, I know the website sucks, but I figure its more likely to be in stock if the website says its in stock, rather than vice versa) after work tomorrow, and then heading over to GR immediately after if my haul is decent, to trade in and get the rest of that credit burned for two preorders. Figure DDR and Super Mario Strikers will be good. Get my extra 25% and not worry about value drops on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

anyone know if GR accept donkey conga 1 game only for trade in? I'm thinking about preordering 2 mario DDR mix so will get two mat then probably trade one copy later.... still need to get ride of my extra DK1.. copy..ah..

Well, I just got back from my local GR, and preordered Burnout: Revenge and Resident Evil 4 for PS2. I also have Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on preorder there for GC. I'm going to be happy these next few months with all of these awesome games. I've still got $42 in credit to spend on the 25% off used games sale on Tuesday. YAY! Thanks everyone! :D

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just a quick note: Stubbs the Zombie for XBox is now listed in the Gamerush system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='botticus']Ha... if all goes well, I will be stopping by the Macedonia BB (which seemed to have a lot according to the website (yes, I know the website sucks, but I figure its more likely to be in stock if the website says its in stock, rather than vice versa) after work tomorrow, and then heading over to GR immediately after if my haul is decent, to trade in and get the rest of that credit burned for two preorders. Figure DDR and Super Mario Strikers will be good. Get my extra 25% and not worry about value drops on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if they show on the web site then they probably have them in relatively good quantities. For the only 2 or 3 games that showed on the web site for my 2 Best Buy's they had several in store today. But I also found a few more that they said weren't available - but only in 1's or 2's. You are lucky if your Best Buy has a bunch of things available - mine are pretty dry. I'm really looking for Azkaban and Lemony Snicket for GC if anyone sees those. I'll try my luck in the DC area on Tues/Weds. I found Spyro Hero's tale (and can trade 1 since I got 2).

Here's a couple of trade-in quotes from today:
GC - Tom Clancy Pandora Tomorrow: $8 (this is $10 at Best Buy so not worth it!)
PS2 - Neo Contra: $8
PS2 - Midway Arcade Treasures 1: $8 (who needs the Best Buy clearance when you can still get these for $5 with the coupon!)
PS2 - Mortal Kombay Deadly Alliance: $8

There's a new employee at my GR that keeps asking me too many questions (your games look new, just how many games do you have, do you trade anywhere else, etc) - by stroke of bad luck he's been there the last 3 times I've gone in (over the last week and a half or so) and thus he thinks I trade games in every day :D. I'm going to try to slow the trades a bit, especially now that the 25% bonus is over. All the other people there know me well and don't ask these things, so I don't know what's up. Hopefully he's just being annoying :D. He's new and very young, so I don't think he's up to much. Since I keep making preorders I think the manager is happy with me anyway!

[quote name='io']
There's a new employee at my GR that keeps asking me too many questions (your games look new, just how many games do you have, do you trade anywhere else, etc) - by stroke of bad luck he's been there the last 3 times I've gone in (over the last week and a half or so) and thus he thinks I trade games in every day :D. [/QUOTE]

Haha... I got that once from the guy who now follows CAG somewhat. But the thing is, barring the games I buy used, games I played for two years would probably get the same comments if I traded them in, so I don't worry about it too much. How much does Spyro trade in for? I saw a Spyro game at BB (are there more than one?), if thats gonna be clearanced and worthwhile to trade in, I might pick one up tomorrow, they had a ton. Otherwise I think its green tagged too.

Edit: 25% ends tomorrow, if I read correctly, so I might have to stock up on more than I normally would, if I actually have that luxury. Though I should probably find the preorder list again in case I have the opportunity to order more than 2.

[quote name='botticus']Haha... I got that once from the guy who now follows CAG somewhat. But the thing is, barring the games I buy used, games I played for two years would probably get the same comments if I traded them in, so I don't worry about it too much. How much does Spyro trade in for? I saw a Spyro game at BB (are there more than one?), if thats gonna be clearanced and worthwhile to trade in, I might pick one up tomorrow, they had a ton. Otherwise I think its green tagged too.

Edit: 25% ends tomorrow, if I read correctly, so I might have to stock up on more than I normally would, if I actually have that luxury. Though I should probably find the preorder list again in case I have the opportunity to order more than 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - same for me... Anyway, Spyro Hero's Tale is on sale (for GC and Xbox, not PS2) at Best Buy for $4.99. Spyro Enter The Dragonfly is green-tagged at TRU. I've been lucky enough to get both. I don't know what they trade for, but I would assume $8 on Spyro Hero's Tale since it is a relatively recent $19.99 game.

Yes, 25% ends tomorrow - I refer to it as over since I am getting on a plane in the AM (though hopefully hitting a Best Buy right before!) and thus it is over for me :D.

Can someone please post what deals are starting tuesday to replace these deals...

I think i remember something about 25% off used games or something like that, but i dont really want to hunt back through all these pages to find it.

THANKS!

Well, it looks like the Best Buy sale is a bit of a bust - many of the alleged $4.99 games are showing up $9.99 online anyway - which makes them a bit useless as trade fodder.

Also, it is freaking impossible to order anything from their web site. I managed to get one game held at a store but there are several others that I want and it keeps giving me "empty cart" messages when I try to add anything. argg.... I've tried 2 computers, 2 different browsers, and all the "tricks" (clearing cache, cookies, etc...).

Oh well... Looks like TRU and Target are still better places for trade-in games. :D

[quote name='doubledown']According to the Gamerush website...it appears they are giving MORE credit for some PSP games now (It used to be $22 or $28...now some are getting $30-$35. I think it's time to trade in NFL STreet 2 and pre-order Madden for it.[/QUOTE]

They also dropped the PSP trade in value to $60!!!

[quote name='jkircos']They also dropped the PSP trade in value to $60!!![/QUOTE]

i will personally slap anyone who trades in a working psp for 60 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back