GameStop 1/25/10 trade promos

meds

CAGiversary!
$30 extra trade credit on systems traded in toward purchase of another new system. systems which qualify for the trade in are psp(except go)dsi/dslite/360/wii/ps3
the typical extra 3/$10, 4/$25, BUT 7/$50!!! minimum of $5tiv for the games to qualify

Edit: the GS TIV thread is currently here in the first few posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flagg1216']fyi it will be ymmv on being able to trade in both madden's for the promo.[/QUOTE]

Really? They won't accept 2 copies of the same game?

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Really? They won't accept 2 copies of the same game?

Kevin[/QUOTE]

it's general knowledge that their policy doesn't allow it but some stores have stupid employees who accept multiples. those employees who do, often quickly get promoted to customer.

[quote name='flagg1216']it's general knowledge that their policy doesn't allow it but some stores have stupid employees who accept multiples. those employees who do, often quickly get promoted to customer.[/QUOTE]

I'll just take my chances and hope for the best.

Kevin

[quote name='meds']update trade in value must be $5 or higher. Oh and even regular psp's count for the extra $30 if traded towards another new system.[/QUOTE]

u can count me out of this deal now.

[quote name='meds']update trade in value must be $5 or higher. Oh and even regular psp's count for the extra $30 if traded towards another new system.[/QUOTE]

DOWN GOES FRASIER !! :censored:

[quote name='ets']Is it any system? NGC, PS2, DS, PSP?[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned earlier in the thread.....DSlite/DSI/PSP(any model)/ps3/360/wii

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']fuck that. Apparently, Gamestop is getting smarter. They must've learned from the $20 off thing when they didn't see purchases with many of those trades.:lol:[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol:

[quote name='rmb']LOL, I detect sarcasm!

GS Trade Values post #'s 2,3,+4 (call for accurate info but they generally won't be higher than this)[/QUOTE]

I hope that's sarcasm, though it could be the chili I had from Wendy's last night.:lol: And $200 for a pair of headphones or a headset?:roll: A $10 pair does the same thing, but hey if ya got the extra $$$ and wanna spend it on one thing, so be it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I hope that's sarcasm, though it could be the chili I had from Wendy's last night.:lol: And $200 for a pair of headphones or a headset?:roll: A $10 pair does the same thing, but hey if ya got the extra $$$ and wanna spend it on one thing, so be it.[/QUOTE]

A $10 headset does the same as a $200 pair?

The X41's are wireless, simulate 7.1 sound and can be used to watch DVD's, TV, etc.

I'm sure a $10 pair can do that.

Kevin

the x41's kick major ass. you can't understand why he wants them so bad unless you've used a pair. the ONLY thing that sucks about them is they suck down batteries.

Being a cheapass isn't neccesarily about what you buy / enjoy, it's about what you pay for it.

You can enjoy BMWs, high end TVs, expensive audio equipment and still be a cheap ass. We just don't pay retail xD

I guess too many $2.01 games were traded in for the $20 bump last promo. That sucks though, especially if it's for 4/$20 as well. Most of the games I have now are worth $20 or higher. I'll wait for 50%.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Sucky, unless a game is pretty much brand new these days it drops to sub-$5 pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Ya thats why I dumped Madden 10 JUST in time last week. I got $31 for it with the extra 30% promo plus 10% edge. Its going to drop to $2 or $3 anytime now (I would give it a few more days..)

Ok after much internal debate about whether or not ot pass on this I have decided to actually jump on this one, here is what I'm trading in:

Borderlands
Halo Wars
Halo 3: ODST
Lego Batman/Pure
Smackdown VS Raw 2010
Gears of War 2
Need for Speed: Shift

Even though I'm still reluctant,
I should get just about $140ish, damnit if it wasn't $5 dollar minimum it would be awesome.

Sucks about that $5 limit, but I can see why they've done it.

I think my days of trading stuff in at GS because it's convenient might be over, I think I'll start trading on Goose Sex or selling on Amazon maybe.

God, seriously, Gamestop? $5? Most of their TIVs suck anyway- that's why the tier promos were always so nice to take advantage of. But really- they're asking for games around Fall of '09 I STILL haven't gotten around to playing yet. I'm going to see what I can scrounge elsewhere to see if I can qualify for the 7/$50, but I'm not hopeful.

[quote name='flagg1216']the x41's kick major ass. you can't understand why he wants them so bad unless you've used a pair. the ONLY thing that sucks about them is they suck down batteries.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they're cool, but $200 for a pair of headphones is crazy. To each his own.

you can get the x41s for cheaper just got to find a deal... i got them off of amazon for 70 w/ trade-in credit (i think they were at $120 on sale) but yeah it's definitely worth the dough.

i just got of the phone with my local gamestop in Destin, Fl . the promotion starts the 25 its 2/10, 4/25, and 7/50 and the minimum tiv is $5

[quote name='tastysecretion']i just got of the phone with my local gamestop in Destin, Fl . the promotion starts the 25 its 2/10, 4/25, and 7/50 and the minimum tiv is $5[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I just got back from a couple of GS's and saw a flyer with the 2/10, 4/25, 7/50 promo min TIV 5$ starting on the 25th. OP really should update the first post.

[quote name='kevgret']A $10 headset does the same as a $200 pair?

The X41's are wireless, simulate 7.1 sound and can be used to watch DVD's, TV, etc.

I'm sure a $10 pair can do that.

Kevin[/QUOTE]
I listen to music and watch movies for the sake of listening to/watching them. I don't need to hear every extra blabbering in the background of a scene in a movie or every subtle nuance of the music.

But if that's your thing, then so be it. I'll stick to my SDtv and $10 headphones since I'm about having more stuff for my money rather than spending it all on fewer items.

huh, $5 min sort of lessens the deal, especially for flips. You'd only get the TIV plus $7.14 per game. unless you can somehow find some games with >$5 TIV for under $13 or so. Frankly I dont have 7 games that would get $5 at GS that I would part with right now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I listen to music and watch movies for the sake of listening to/watching them. I don't need to hear every extra blabbering in the background of a scene in a movie or every subtle nuance of the music.

But if that's your thing, then so be it. I'll stick to my SDtv and $10 headphones since I'm about having more stuff for my money rather than spending it all on fewer items.[/QUOTE]

if you ever used a pair you'd understand how great they are. you can enjoy your more stuff and he can enjoy his headset. no need to constantly rip on the guy.

I wish I knew how far the following fell, if any were still >5 they would make nice trades on this deal:

America's Army - 8.00 - 07/28
Conflict Denied Ops - 7.25 - 09/16
LOTR BFME II - 8.00 - 07/24
Phantasy Star Universe - 5.50 - 10/20
Stormrise - 7.75 - 09/14
Warhammer Battle March - 5.25 - 10/30

These 3 would be great too:

Overlord - 5.50 - 01/19
Simpsons Game - 7.00 - 01/16
Wheelman - 6.50 - 01/10

I'd say anything that is currently at the 5.75 mark before the promo starts is probably going to drop to $5 as soon as it starts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I listen to music and watch movies for the sake of listening to/watching them. I don't need to hear every extra blabbering in the background of a scene in a movie or every subtle nuance of the music.

But if that's your thing, then so be it. I'll stick to my SDtv and $10 headphones since I'm about having more stuff for my money rather than spending it all on fewer items.[/QUOTE]

The question I asked was not meant to insite any sort of opinion as to the price of the headphones. I just wanted to get opinions as the trade I was going to do to get them.

I am a cheap ass gamer for years now. I also make six figures a year and can pretty much buy anything I would like to. So can you make a decent living and still be a cheap ass gamer? Why not? What is the exact definition of a cheap ass gamer?

Kevin

[quote name='tastysecretion']i just got of the phone with my local gamestop in Destin, Fl . the promotion starts the 25 its 2/10, 4/25, and 7/50 and the minimum tiv is $5[/QUOTE]

Cool...you take care of that one...I got the one on Mary Esther!

[quote name='kevgret'] I also make six figures a year and can pretty much buy anything I would like to. So can you make a decent living and still be a cheap ass gamer? Why not? What is the exact definition of a cheap ass gamer?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Even if I was making double, I would still not pay MSRP. I'm a cheap ass everything. My friends from high school hate how much I make and tried to make fun of me for being such a tight wad. I never thought they were successful about making a joke. If I retire much earlier than them, I'll be the one laughing. Cheap asses unite!

bread's done
Back