GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank god microsoft is finally using blu ray this upcomming gen, thats just horrible how gamestop would even sell that smh

im thinking since people have stated that wanted is only like 3 hours long mabye id be better off just getting the game by itself, beating it and returning it the next day. if there were others on this list i would want to buy for myself id get it with this 3/10 deal but sadly there isnt.. all the good stuff on here ive beaten already :(
Don't return it, trade it in to Amazon for basically free games!

Well I think I'm subconsciously trying to win this sale since I bought two more sets tonight and that puts me at either 21 or 24.

Then that's a pretty crappy store and you should probably stop shopping there if they're not decent enough to take care of you on a simple matter. Or just buy the games by themselves then return the first ones with the other receipt since it's the same game.
lol I can't stop either, I bought 6 more today......now at 21 but I can 100% say im done now

Picked up Wanted, Riddick and FEAR 2 on the first day of the sale. Wanted Heavenly Sword, but the only copy in the store was missing the artwork and manual, so that was a pass. Shame too, I really wanted to try it again.

Yeah I don't ask to see the disc in store, plus it's the only one they had. I do ask for the full case though.

I'll have to go to the second store to get a new disc anyway, they only had that copy
I had that sorta happen to me yesterday. I exchanged 2 discs yesterday because of scratches or chips and took me 2 exchanges and receipts to get a decent disc, these are blu-rays too. First exchange, associate took out two replacements discs out and replaced the games. Luckily I check my discs before I left the store because it turns out the store associate gave me the same exact disc for one game and a cracked disc for another. I told the associate about this and had to do another exchange and I literally asked to see both discs before I completed the transaction. I know that GS employees don't get payed much but just give a little damn about your job, had to leave some feedback on the GS site. I could understand if the store was full but I was the only customer in line. Looks like I won't be frequenting that particular GS but YMMV. This is the price you pay sometimes for good deals.

What did you pick up? I am wondering myself what else to get and any recommendations on the games you picked?

I forecast more of these 3 for $10 or B1G1 free or maybe B2G1 under $20 used sale in the future.
Today or overall? Today was: LBP, NFS Shift, Red Faction Guerrilla, another copy of Heavenly Sword (since complete ones are apparently not common at GS), and the Rainbow Six Vegas games.

Yeah I don't ask to see the disc in store, plus it's the only one they had. I do ask for the full case though.

I'll have to go to the second store to get a new disc anyway, they only had that copy
I don't look at them in store but there's people who won't notice that or even play the game for well past the 30 days.

Today or overall? Today was: LBP, NFS Shift, Red Faction Guerrilla, another copy of Heavenly Sword (since complete ones are apparently not common at GS), and the Rainbow Six Vegas games.
The GameStop near me hands like 20 complete copies of heavenly sword lol... I was trying to get ninja gaiden sigma because it said low stock but, didn't happen to see any. So I grabbed a replacement dragon age and x2 wanteds for ps3. I shouldn't even be buying games I got yelled at by my gf when I came home because I told her I was going just to trade in stuff. Oh well!

how are the games condemned, and condemned 2? any good?
They are good for their time. A bit aged now. Your in a creepy setting killing the low lifes of earth. :D

Speaking of Condemned I have been looking for a complete copy for over a year. Can never find one. :headache:

Side note: I think condemned is the only 360 retail game that doesnt have 1000GS. It only came with 970. Always annoyed me.

They are good for their time. A bit aged now. Your in a creepy setting killing the low lifes of earth. :D

Speaking of Condemned I have been looking for a complete copy for over a year. Can never find one. :headache:

Side note: I think condemned is the only 360 retail game that doesnt have 1000GS. It only came with 970. Always annoyed me.
There are many games that don't have the full 1000 GS available. Lord of the Rings: BFME2, Crackdown (before a title update), and Tiger Woods 06 are a few examples and a few others I can't think of off the top my my head. Check out trueachievements.com if you haven't already!

The GameStop near me hands like 20 complete copies of heavenly sword lol... I was trying to get ninja gaiden sigma because it said low stock but, didn't happen to see any. So I grabbed a replacement dragon age and x2 wanteds for ps3. I shouldn't even be buying games I got yelled at by my gf when I came home because I told her I was going just to trade in stuff. Oh well!
Oh, well then I'll just send the other one to Amazon. These were just the only ones I had found in this area that weren't generics and a few other people said they were experiencing the same.

Overall, I want to see if I missed something
Uh, I bought a lot of games but I don't think there was anything that amazing that you probably would have missed. The best stuff most people have been recommending since the thread started. Probably the most sleeper games I grabbed were Lost Planet, Brutal Legend and Super Street Fighter 4. Lost Planet was super loved when it came out but I've never played it and didn't really see many people mention it thus far. Brutal Legend seems to be more of a mixed bag but I still want to check it out. If you haven't gotten on the SF4 train yet and don't want to wait for Ultra (which is still like six months away) $3 is a fabulous price when you're not lacking too much content from the AE edition and the price is a lot better.

There are many games that don't have the full 1000 GS available. Lord of the Rings: BFME2, Crackdown (before a title update), and Tiger Woods 06 are a few examples and a few others I can't think of off the top my my head. Check out trueachievements.com if you haven't already!
I forgot about LOTR. Your right on those. Although Im mainly referring to games that dont have 1000 period. If they got patched than they are "normal" to me haha. I know even PGR had like 825 then they patched it to 1000.

There's a bunch of complete copies near me IFK if its worth it for you but I could help you out if your really interested unless someone went and grabbed them but I highly doubt it. I have about 10 GS withing a 6 mile radius lol

the way you described, made it sound like an every day life of a police officer. lol

Just curious. Are you guys buying to collect these or actually play them? Because to the ones buying 21 games holy $&@& if you plan on playing all of those. I bought 3 to replay and then toss or give away bcus trading them in wouldn't be completely pointless for like $0.25 each lol

I think you actually are a ex police officer or detective or something. I may be wrong its been five years since Ive played either.
You're a Detective in the 1st-2nd Level and then you get framed by one of the Serial Killers. Or something like that.

Just curious. Are you guys buying to collect these or actually play them? Because to the ones buying 21 games holy $&@& if you plan on playing all of those. I bought 3 to replay and then toss or give away bcus trading them in wouldn't be completely pointless for like $0.25 each lol
You must be new. Here at CAG we all have backlogs that could consume us if they wanted to.

I think some people are buying to collect and some people are trying in hopes to resell. Goodluck with that though.

Im buying to collect Ive bought 6 games only though, Im planning on going in tomorrow though to get 3 more for my collection if my GF lets me... She might have a fit if I add more games to my collection that I havent even played in weeks.... Youd laugh if you seen how many games I have for no reason.

I think some people are buying to collect and some people are trying in hopes to resell. Goodluck with that though.

Im buying to collect Ive bought 6 games only though, Im planning on going in tomorrow though to get 3 more for my collection if my GF lets me... She might have a fit if I add more games to my collection that I havent even played in weeks.... Youd laugh if you seen how many games I have for no reason.
Why does your GF care which games you play or not? Just curious

He's saying his GF is upset because he doesn't play the games he buys. He keeps getting more and more without playing them.

I'm the same way but I at least try the majority of them out and here recently I've actually worked on my backlog quite a bit

to play them lol, besides one game I've never played the rest. I'll keep them forever because like you said they are not worth anything to trade in.

I keep buying games and not playing them which to her is a waste of money. I'll get around to playing them someday I just have a crazy backlog ATM. I've bought around 30 or more games this month and just recently repurchased a ps3

I've got issues to begin with. I splurged on a couple and grabbed a few I wasn't sure I actually wanted figuring I could bring them back later since they're not packaged together or anything. The rest I intended to play and figured that even if they're $2 at some point will be OK having paid $3 for them even if I don't get to them for some time.

This is probably the best sale I've come across, I finally get a chance to play all the games I passed up since 2005. So many games that I wanted to play but just never bought due to a million reasons. I don't care that most of the stuff I picked up is from 2007 or later, just can't wait to never play them because the backlog just can't stop growing. :D

This is probably the best sale I've come across, I finally get a chance to play all the games I passed up since 2005. So many games that I wanted to play but just never bought due to a million reasons. I don't care that most of the stuff I picked up is from 2007 or later, just can't wait to never play them because the backlog just can't stop growing. :D
Exactly. There's not a ton of exclusives on the list, at least on the PS3 side, but still lots of stuff I missed early in the generation.

Goo Gone is the simplest and easiest way to remove stickers. Cost only a $1 for a 3oz bottle. Use a q tip and rub it on the sticker. It does work like a charm. Just started using it a couple of days ago. :D
You finally got a bottle!

I was looking for one last week but I couldn't find one though I did get a large "paperclip" memo holder for my GS receipts.

Because they can sell it to some helpless sap who won't ever look at it that close?
It's not like he must hold it two inches from his face to see that.

It's not like he must hold it two inches from his face to see that.
Well I hope he knows I wasn't talking about him. He asked though and that's exactly why a store like GS would sell that if they were aware. Costs them nothing to let it go out the door like that, if the person comes back they just swap it out and there's always the chance they won't for whatever reason.

Well I hope he knows I wasn't talking about him. He asked though and that's exactly why a store like GS would sell that if they were aware. Costs them nothing to let it go out the door like that, if the person comes back they just swap it out and there's always the chance they won't for whatever reason.
I can attest to this. I exchange my Killzone 2 copy today, because something was corrupted within the disc or something. It wouldn't play on my newer Slim, or my brothers fat PS3. The disc looked pretty flawless besides some FEW normal looking wear marks, but it still kept giving errors.

Just for honesty sake, the girl tried it on one of their consoles and it didnt work as well, so she then just swapped it out with no question, but then she sticks mine right back into the drawer!

Are you ****ing stupid?! It's a corrupted disc...throw that shit out. Why would you even try to resell that to someone else??

Are you ****ing stupid?! It's a corrupted disc...throw that shit out. Why would you even try to resell that to someone else??
I don't even blame the employees necessarily since they're probably told not to and to keep reselling them.

That makes me want to at least launch all the games I plan to keep tomorrow so I at least know before I hit up some GS to try and find some flip fodder.

I remember seeing some of my non-functional DS cards that I returned being sold in the same store and I asked what they were doing there because I know that I brought them and they just kept denying it. There was a fake HeartGold I got from GameStop.com with a poorly printed sticker and they still denied that one.

I bought some goo gone earlier and I must say, it works like a dream. Thanks to the guys that suggested it. I've used it on 3 cases so far and they look brand new. Got about 25 more to do and I'll be good to go.

I bought some goo gone earlier and I must say, it works like a dream. Thanks to the guys that suggested it. I've used it on 3 cases so far and they look brand new. Got about 25 more to do and I'll be good to go.
Yeah, I'm hoping we have a decently warm day before the summer's over so I can do them all at once, wash them then spread them out to dry a little quicker.

It really does work great, and whatever room you leave the cases in will smell like lovely pine-sol for a day or so.

I kid of course with the lovely smell...that crap is potent

Got Heavenly Sword on PS3 and Infinite Undiscovery on 360 for me and something random on 360 for my brother. All complete.

It really does work great, and whatever room you leave the cases in will smell like lovely pine-sol for a day or so.

I kid of course with the lovely smell...that crap is potent
That's why you wash the case when you're done with it and because it really likes to get under where the art goes.

I might have to go look at my gamestops tomorrow. I kind of want to pick up Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. $9 for an unlimited amount of frustration whenever I want it seems like a good price~ Reminds me of buying IU at launch years ago and immediately regretting it after I started playing it.  :p

Picked up some games, there this ghetto gamestop across from walmart where I live. The cashier told me their stuff gets stolen all the time. Maybe that was way this gamestop started taking fingerprints for trade ins?

I couldn't believe how many games from this list they had no cover art! Tried to pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma for a buddy but all 4 of the copies they had had no cover art or manual at all!  :whee: 

bread's done
Back