Gamestop/EB Games Flyer Coupons YMMV

rufio2004nfg

CAGiversary!
Notice: This may need to be in the regional deals section, but I've seen people get away with worse. The flyer is only supposed to work in certain locations in Lake Charles, LA, El Paso, TX, and Plano, TX. But it never hurts to try, especially now that they have been sending a lot of email coupons.

I picked up a copy of the UTEP school newspaper and there was a Gamestop flyer in it with great deals.

1. 50% Extra Trade-in Credit on ALL GAMES

2. $30 Extra Trade-in Credit on Game Systems (excluding Gamecube and Game Boys)

3. $5 Off Any New Game

All offers expire 10/31/07

[quote name='Killdozer']Yeah, worked for me.
Even though I only got $20 extra for my console trade-ins instead of $30 (which I did not complain about because it's a sweet deal either way) I managed to snag $505.50 in store credit.

I told you I had a lot of crap...and the look on their faces when I came in was priceless.[/QUOTE]

Over the summer I traded in 200 PS2 games and came out with $1092 in store credit. Yep the looks on the associates faces' are priceless when that happens

Managed to somehow get them to accept the $5 coupon off for games and the +$30 for game systems. They had sneakily lowered the trade-in value of the DS-Lite from $70 to $60 though, typical :( So I I got $90 instead of the $100 trade-in value that I was expecting.

Here are abunch of trade in values. The grand total after bonus' was $465.10

Gamecube:
4X4 Evo 2 $4
Animal Crossing $7
Call of Duty Finest Hour $6
Finding Nemo $2.50
Gotcha Force $5
Metroid Prime 2 $8
Simpsons Hit & Run $8
Sonic Heroes $3
Spyro Enter The Dragonfly $2.50
Star Fox Adventures $2
Super Mario Sunshine $7

Xbox 360:
Blazing Angels 2 $25
Overlord $20

Xbox:
Ninja Gaiden $2.50
Superman Returns $1.50

Ps2:
American Chopper Full Throttle $4
Black $7
Call of Duty 3 $7
Crash Twinsanity $4
Family Guy $7
Fifa World Cup Germany 2006 $6
Fight Night Round 3 $8
Gauntlet Dark Legacy $3
Ghost Rider $7
Inuyasha Feudal Combat $10
Lego Star Wars $5
Madagascar $4
Matrix Path of Neo $6
Mercenaries $10
Mortal Kombat Armageddon $7
Naruto Ultimate Ninja $6
Naruto Uzmaki Chorincles $6
Rocky $4
Shrek Superslam $7
Simpsons Skateboarding $5
Sly 2 $3
Soul Calibur III $7
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $3

Psp System: $50

Doh! just traded in my DS lite for 80. At least I can say that there is no chance the GS by me would accept that coupon.

[quote name='nakanenui']Good ole seller's remorse. Dont you have some time window to change your mind and undo the deal at EB, cause I thought followed pawn shop type laws, or am I completely off?[/quote]

Nope, as soon as the cashier ends the transaction, it's theirs.

[quote name='toadielurks']Over the summer I traded in 200 PS2 games and came out with $1092 in store credit. Yep the looks on the associates faces' are priceless when that happens[/QUOTE]
Hah, that's awesome.
Sucks to be the poor bastard that has to check all of those in at the end of the day, and then check them in again after 30 days.

The SP is supposed to have the barcode on the back of it right? I think I might have ripped mine off. Does GS still take these in?

[quote name='radjago']Haven't all the EB Games stores been converted to Gamestops now?[/quote]The ones in my are changed over to GS signage in the last couple of months.

No go on trading in an SP without a bardcode. Anyone know if they would be able to do it if I brought in the original box with all the barcodes and stuff on it?

I traded in SSBM and got 22.50. I think they manually entered it in.

so are they pick on the $5 of any new game coupon? I havn't had any trouble with the 10% off any item coupon.

The EB Games in Germantown, Marylad and the Gamestop in Gaithersburg, Maryland are the stores chocen from my area.

Just some tradein values for the wiki:

Dirt (360): $18
Mario Kart DS (DS): $14
PSP System (original): $50
PSP 32MB Memory Stick Duo: $1
PSP Hard Case (logitech): $2
PSP Soft Case: .50

[quote name='ecchi squirrel']Gamestops in the Long Beach, California area are also doing this promotion and are handing out the flyers inside their stores.[/quote]
Which Gamestops are doing this? I was planning on driving down to Long Beach just so I could get a legit flyer since I do have alot of games I was planning on trading in for GHIII.

Well with the help of stoned99 I was able to go to the Gamestop in cypress,ca. Got there and found the flyers for this to good to be true deal and asked an emploee if he could help me with some trade ins. He was really cool even telling me that they had this promotion going on and was happy to take in my trade ins. Here is what I got for my trade ins. Some of this can be ubdated in the wiki...

:ds:Nintendo DS
Phoenix Wright --- 6.00
Phoenix Wright Trails --- 4.00
Pokemon Diamond --- 18.00

:ps2:Playstation 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Substance 10.00
MLB 2k6 ---3.00
Final Fantasy X--- 6.00
Final Fantasy X-2 ---3.00
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4--- .75
DDRMAX 9.00

:xbox:Xbox
Star Wars KotoR ---2.50
Silent Hill 4 --- 4.00
Burnout Revenge ---3.00
Halo 2 Multiplay Map Pack --- 4.00
Far Cry Instincts ---2.50
Doom 3 C.E.--- 2.50

:gc:Gamecube
Mario Party 5---15.00
Animal Crossing--- 7.00
Gamcube Memory Card (came with AC)--- 3.00
Super Mario Sunshine--- 7.00
Resident Evil--- 6.00
Mega Man Anniversery --- 3.00
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker--- 7.00

Plus 10% Edge Card

Total came out to 200.51

Looks like I will be getting Rock Band after all:)

[quote name='SL4IN']wow those are some great deals that gamestop's offering. i'm thinking it's region specific though.[/quote]

it is. and that makes me sad.

any stores in virginia known to be doing this? I'll try my local one by chance but am willing to travel (within 100 miles) for this trade in deal

[quote name='Scorch']it is. and that makes me sad.[/quote]
Yea it made me sad too considering I had to travel 50 miles to get this deal. A store that is closer to me is doing this deal as well but when I called them up on friday they had no clue what it was. Thankfully I called cypress and the guy who answered was nice enough to explain the deal. But in the long run I got to eat at the only sonic location in sothern cali.

My local stores are running 50% extra trade in. No coupon needed, which is awesome and all but the games trade in value seemed to be lowered. PGR4 and Eternal Sonata trade in 25 before the extra %. Seems like something amiss is happening or perhaps these are the actual trade in values.

[quote name='epitom3']i'm guessing that they wont take dreamcast or virtua boys? lol[/quote]
Obviously not. But I'd be willing to give you the same amount they'd give you for both. ;)

[quote name='ecchi squirrel']Gamestops in the Long Beach, California area are also doing this promotion and are handing out the flyers inside their stores.[/quote]
Which Long Beach gamestop?? I just went into the So Cal, Rancho Palos Verdes store and it's a no go for 50% there.

[quote name='Longie11']Which Long Beach gamestop?? I just went into the So Cal, Rancho Palos Verdes store and it's a no go for 50% there.[/quote]
Try going to the one in the cypress center in cypress, they have the ads inside and they actually are nice employees.

Wait, so do how do GS/EB coupons work? Does each and every coupon of the same deal have different bar codes that can enter the system only once, or are the codes all the same? For example with the coupon from this thread, can it be used by different people multiple times? Thanks.

[quote name='infamyRISE']Just got over 100 bucks in credit for Halo 3 and a PS2. Fantastic.[/quote]
That's...really not that great, tbh. o_o

[quote name='XNintendoX123']Wait, so do how do GS/EB coupons work? Does each and every coupon of the same deal have different bar codes that can enter the system only once, or are the codes all the same? For example with the coupon from this thread, can it be used by different people multiple times? Thanks.[/quote]
I believe it uses the same barcode. I will confirm this much later tonight, my girlfriend has some in her car and I'll check if they all use the same bar code.

love to do this with a FAT Nintendo ds system

35 for a Ds system + another 30

i would sell mine in a second for 65 bucks

anyone notice on the gameboy it says

excludes

gamecube, gameboy color and org. gameboy advance

wonder you could take the old black and white gameboy in and demand the extra 30 same with gameboy pocket : )

Just a heads up I ended up going to the cypress center gamestop and they did have the exact same fliers as in the op. The only difference is these coupons expire on 12/02/07 and here's the So Cal Locations that are listed..

Cypress Center-Cypress,Ca

Buena Park,Ca

Valley shopping center- Pomona,ca

The Marketplace- La Crescenta,ca

Media City Center-Burbank,ca

I'll try and scan or take a digital pic of the flyer in the next few.

Its a great deal i made out with enough to get the 360 pro bundle, i'll have some updated prices for the wiki too. The cypress store employees were really cool too about it. 50% plus 10% edge credit with the $30 extra system trade in credit no problem.

Used earlier today at Yonkers, NY. Made out with 340 smackers with 15 old PS2 and GC games along with a fat PS2 and a GC. The manager was pretty cool with it, even joking that he'll use the coupon later today to trade in his games.

Now I need to figure out which one to buy... a 360 or a PS3.

please, please put the scan up at your earliest convenience !
[quote name='Longie11']Just a heads up I ended up going to the cypress center gamestop and they did have the exact same fliers as in the op. The only difference is these coupons expire on 12/02/07 and here's the So Cal Locations that are listed..

Cypress Center-Cypress,Ca

Buena Park,Ca

Valley shopping center- Pomona,ca

The Marketplace- La Crescenta,ca

Media City Center-Burbank,ca

I'll try and scan or take a digital pic of the flyer in the next few.

Its a great deal i made out with enough to get the 360 pro bundle, i'll have some updated prices for the wiki too. The cypress store employees were really cool too about it. 50% plus 10% edge credit with the $30 extra system trade in credit no problem.[/QUOTE]

So here is the flyer as well as the back of the flyer. The flyer is good for the southern california locations mention before. The ad ends 12/02 and as stated before its YMMV. I got these coupons from the cypress Gamestop location, they were more th happy to give me the extra 50% for my trade ins. I called the Burbank store before going to cypress GS and they had no clue about this ad so call ahead.

**Edit: image shack is acting a lil weird, im trying to upload the flyers in 300 dpi.

Good job Rage. I didn't have a chance to scan them. Thanks for the heads up in the first place about the cypress store. Even though it was about 40 min drive it was well worth it and the employees were cool like you said.

[quote name='Longie11']Good job Rage. I didn't have a chance to scan them. Thanks for the heads up in the first place about the cypress store. Even though it was about 40 min drive it was well worth it and the employees were cool like you said.[/quote]
Yea I had to drive an hour to go down there I actually live near hollywood so it was a long ride to get there but it really was worth it. Yea the employees are pretty cool, they call all their supplies lucky haha it seems like a cool place to work at with alot of cool people.

this scan is barely printable :(
Could you please put up a better quality scan (300dpi+) by any chance, Ragekod?

[quote name='Ragekod']So here is the flyer as well as the back of the flyer. The flyer is good for the southern california locations mention before. The ad ends 12/02 and as stated before its YMMV. I got these coupons from the cypress Gamestop location, they were more th happy to give me the extra 50% for my trade ins. I called the Burbank store before going to cypress GS and they had no clue about this ad so call ahead.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ppl']this scan is barely printable :(
Could you please put up a better quality scan (300dpi+) by any chance, Ragekod?[/quote]
Yea im trying to upload them but for some odd reason image shack is acting weird. I'll keep trying and if it doesnt work again I'll try it in the morning.

Hm wonder if these would work in Irving, Texas. My friend wants to get a 360 and is selling his Wii and some games.

Anyone in the Oklahoma area (Norman, Moore, OKC) have any luck with this? I have a lot of games I need to get rid of and it would be a perfect time to do so :D.

bread's done
Back