Gamestop Gameday Sale April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']"What stickers get plastered on cases? I haven't seen stickers on games in a few years, the only games that have them anymore are used games from the GameDays sales, or from EB Games. EB was notorious for that shit, with their big yellow trade stickers that were impossible to remove. GameStop's stickers rule, they're EASY to peel off and if you go to a store where the employees aren't idiots they keep the stickers on the paper in the spines so they slide right out. If everyone here hates stickers so much, maybe you should just preorder the game and guarantee a sealed copy."

every item in the store has stickers on them, the gutted new copies have stickers right on the case, just as the used copies do.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but stickers on the front, stickers on the back, stickers on the spine, and stickers on the artwork on the spine. It's getting fucking ridiculous!

[quote name='Josef']Not only that, but stickers on the front, stickers on the back, stickers on the spine, and stickers on the artwork on the spine. It's getting fucking ridiculous![/QUOTE]

Yes, the gutted copies have stickers on the front, back and right on the artwork. Some stores will not stick it directly to the artwork but they will just insert the sticker with the backing still on it into the spine. That is fine however not every store does that, and most stores around here do not do that and they just stick it right on the artwork. And it is NOT easy to get off either, without damaging the artwork. They are also not easy to get off the cases, as they seem to be melted on.

There was a point in time where the stickers were easy to get off, but again I am not finding that anymore, don't forget about the additional game days stickers this sale will add to the puzzle!

Now I have to spend 20 min pulling stickers off my game and using goo gone to get them off, and this is time that could be used to be playing the game instead of dealing with the case. Why do I do this may you ask, well if I don't remove the stickers then all my games start sticking together!

Regarding the edge card, you have to pay 15$ for the card, which means you have to spend 150$ in product in the store just to break even, and you have to spend 200$ in the store just to save 5$. I buy mostly 20$-30$ games, so it takes a while to get up there to that price point. Since I buy a lot of niche titles, I can get most games I want off ebay for 15$ or less, and most of the games I want drop in price before I even get around to playing them, therefore it is pointless for me to go out and buy every new release at full price. Most games I buy aren't played online, so I can wait as long as I have to for them to price drop with no reprecussions from waiting, as they will be the same game 5 years from now as they are today. I can only play games so fast plus I want to enjoy each one.

You can save at the minimum 3$ on every game purchase if you just stick to buying games online even if you are buying new releases, provided you can wait for them to ship, and that is savings before having to purchase some card. So ultimately using this method, I am saving more out of pocket, even if its only 3$ per game.

Now I understand the benefit of using the edge card for someone who is buying every 60$ new release, but even then if you are patient you can probably save more per game without buying the card by getting your games on ebay, amazon or newegg. The card also only applies to used games, so if you are waiting for a used game anyways you probably have the patience to wait for the game to be shipped to you.

This is kind of hard to explain, so hopefully I have made some sense in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SaraAB']Yes, the gutted copies have stickers on the front, back and right on the artwork. Some stores will not stick it directly to the artwork but they will just insert the sticker with the backing still on it into the spine. That is fine however not every store does that, and most stores around here do not do that and they just stick it right on the artwork. And it is NOT easy to get off either, without damaging the artwork. They are also not easy to get off the cases, as they seem to be melted on.

There was a point in time where the stickers were easy to get off, but again I am not finding that anymore, don't forget about the additional game days stickers this sale will add to the puzzle!

Now I have to spend 20 min pulling stickers off my game and using goo gone to get them off, and this is time that could be used to be playing the game instead of dealing with the case. Why do I do this may you ask, well if I don't remove the stickers then all my games start sticking together!

Regarding the edge card, you have to pay 15$ for the card, which means you have to spend 150$ in product in the store just to break even, and you have to spend 200$ in the store just to save 5$. I buy mostly 20$-30$ games, so it takes a while to get up there to that price point. Since I buy a lot of niche titles, I can get most games I want off ebay for 15$ or less, and most of the games I want drop in price before I even get around to playing them, therefore it is pointless for me to go out and buy every new release at full price. Most games I buy aren't played online, so I can wait as long as I have to for them to price drop with no reprecussions from waiting, as they will be the same game 5 years from now as they are today. I can only play games so fast plus I want to enjoy each one.

You can save at the minimum 3$ on every game purchase if you just stick to buying games online even if you are buying new releases, provided you can wait for them to ship, and that is savings before having to purchase some card. So ultimately using this method, I am saving more out of pocket, even if its only 3$ per game.

Now I understand the benefit of using the edge card for someone who is buying every 60$ new release, but even then if you are patient you can probably save more per game without buying the card by getting your games on ebay, amazon or newegg. The card also only applies to used games, so if you are waiting for a used game anyways you probably have the patience to wait for the game to be shipped to you.

This is kind of hard to explain, so hopefully I have made some sense in this post.[/quote]

You know, getting stickers off the cases is actually not that hard, only takes me about a couple of minutes, even when they get stuck on there sometimes, but thats because I have already figure out ways to get that stuff off. And a lot of time, you need to have patience the first time you try and peel it off or else youre screwed.

You just need to peel it slow, and peel it just right. Too hard will leave a lot of the sticker behind, and too little will tear the yellow part off and your left with the adhesive part still stuck on the case, lol. I mean seriously, why would you use goo gone on something this simple.

And when I buy used games from Gamestop, you can always tell which cases will give you the harder time, if you think its gonna make it hard, just dont buy it. Or if you get it home, and you screw up and cant get the sticker off and it bothers you, return it. They have a 7 day return policy anyways. Thats what I always do, lol. Some of them where the stick is on the spine on the cover, it is still possiby to take off, fairly easily. But on the off chance you screw up and tear something off, put the sticker back on and return it.

I probably freak out about my games when they are not flawless or in near perfect condition more than anyone here, but I have more than 30 games purchased from Gamestop, so for me to actually own 30 used games from Gamestop means that it is not that hard to actually get the stickers off. Sure its a small pain, but if you dont like it, just dont buy =\. Like you said, buy online somewhere else. Not sure why you need to file a class action complaint against them, lol.

I only have a real issue getting the stickers off when the game has been in the store for an extended period of time. If the game is newer, the sticker generally comes off quite easily. Lately, though, with so many stores now going with the stickers on the inserts, that's just simply fucking annoying.

[quote name='robbyH']This thread is for what might be in the Gamedays sale in Aprin AND NOT GUTTED GAMES!!!!![/QUOTE]

Related to which, it's now a week away. Hopefully we can get an official list with pricing soon.

[quote name='Josef']Related to which, it's now a week away. Hopefully we can get an official list with pricing soon.[/quote]

Apparently, no one has any idea and none of the local Gamestop employees will even give me half a hint as to what might be in this sale.

If anything, I'm hoping that soon after this sale is done, they start clearing out the Xbox games at 50% or so off to start.

You know it's gonna happen, though I wish we knew when it'd start so I could stash some stuff I really want or get ready to take a trek to a furthr off GS for the complete copy of Steel Battalion that I never wanted to pay $100 or over for.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently, no one has any idea and none of the local Gamestop employees will even give me half a hint as to what might be in this sale.

If anything, I'm hoping that soon after this sale is done, they start clearing out the Xbox games at 50% or so off to start.

You know it's gonna happen, though I wish we knew when it'd start so I could stash some stuff I really want or get ready to take a trek to a furthr off GS for the complete copy of Steel Battalion that I never wanted to pay $100 or over for.[/quote]
Where are you going to 'stash' stuff? For those of us without an OG Xbox, we should probably figure out which games don't run very well emulated on 360 to get ready for the OGX clear out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently, no one has any idea and none of the local Gamestop employees will even give me half a hint as to what might be in this sale.

You know it's gonna happen, though I wish we knew when it'd start so I could stash some stuff I really want or get ready to take a trek to a furthr off GS for the complete copy of Steel Battalion that I never wanted to pay $100 or over for.[/QUOTE]

50%? Maybe not, but for sure buy 2 get 1. Any maybe it's worth it to get a XBox 1. Aren't they only less than $50.

And a local store (non GS) in Louisville does have a steel battalion in stock. I think it's $100.

PM me if you want the phone number of the store.

Does anyone have a list by Gamestop yet, i cant wait for this sale, if you have one can you please post it?

:cry: Still waiting for my Xbox to get repaired (RROD) :cry:

[quote name='robbyH']This thread is for what might be in the Gamedays sale in Aprin AND NOT GUTTED GAMES!!!!![/quote]
Actually, the two subjects are very related, considering all games in Game Days sales are pretty much gutted with stickers thrown all over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back