Gamestop Return

chickenmonks

CAG Veteran
Hi everyone,

I recently received two copies of the same game (The Beatles: Rock Band for the Nintendo Wii), one which was purchased from Gamestop by friends as my birthday present, and another that I ordered on Amazon.com before learning of my gift. Since the copy from Amazon still had not been delivered to me, I opened the copy from Gamestop in order to play the game at my birthday party, believing that I could return the new copy shipping from Amazon to Gamestop.

Well, today I received the new copy of the game from Amazon, and I realized that the shrink wrap on this case was slightly different from the wrapping that had been on the copy from Gamestop.

My question is, can I return this Amazon copy that has different looking shrink wrap to Gamestop, or can this be viewed as Return Fraud?

Any help would be appreciated ! :)

[quote name='chickenmonks']Hi everyone,

I recently received two copies of the same game (The Beatles: Rock Band for the Nintendo Wii), one which was purchased from Gamestop by friends as my birthday present, and another that I ordered on Amazon.com before learning of my gift. Since the copy from Amazon still had not been delivered to me, I opened the copy from Gamestop in order to play the game at my birthday party, believing that I could return the new copy shipping from Amazon to Gamestop.

Well, today I received the new copy of the game from Amazon, and I realized that the shrink wrap on this case was slightly different from the wrapping that had been on the copy from Gamestop.

My question is, can I return this Amazon copy that has different looking shrink wrap to Gamestop, or can this be viewed as Return Fraud?

Any help would be appreciated ! :)[/QUOTE]

Probably not, because chances are the one from Gamestop you received was reshrink wrapped since it was a gut and sold as "new", which is probably why the shrink wrapping sucks. Just the fact that Gamestop probably screwed you over with the reshrinking to begin with, I say screw em if they complain about the wrapping. It doesnt matter to them anyways, because if it is the last copy at the store, they are going to have to gut it anyways and put it out on the floor, so no big deal. And when you say Amazon, did you mean directly from Amazon, or from another seller, because that could explain the different shrink wrapping too since it could have been a merchant that reshrinkwrapped it too. If it was from Amazon direct, thats the original wrapping and the one from Gamestop was redone to screw whoever got it for you.

[quote name='Squarehard']Probably not, because chances are the one from Gamestop you received was reshrink wrapped since it was a gut and sold as "new", which is probably why the shrink wrapping sucks. Just the fact that Gamestop probably screwed you over with the reshrinking to begin with, I say screw em if they complain about the wrapping. It doesnt matter to them anyways, because if it is the last copy at the store, they are going to have to gut it anyways and put it out on the floor, so no big deal. And when you say Amazon, did you mean directly from Amazon, or from another seller, because that could explain the different shrink wrapping too since it could have been a merchant that reshrinkwrapped it too. If it was from Amazon direct, thats the original wrapping and the one from Gamestop was redone to screw whoever got it for you.[/QUOTE]

The copy I ordered from Amazon.com came directly from Amazon, and not from another merchant.

I never knew that I needed to be so careful about reshrink-wrapped games!
Kind of scary, actually.

Does that mean that if I return this unopened copy, Gamestop will just end up gutting it? Does this practice affect the return process or the credit that I receive?

[quote name='chickenmonks']The copy I ordered from Amazon.com came directly from Amazon, and not from another merchant.

I never knew that I needed to be so careful about reshrink-wrapped games!
Kind of scary, actually.

Does that mean that if I return this unopened copy, Gamestop will just end up gutting it? Does this practice affect the return process or the credit that I receive?[/QUOTE]

If they have to re-gut it, it doesnt come out of your pocket at all. They just enjoy gutting games for fun and selling unsealed copies to customers cause they are douches.

[quote name='chickenmonks']Hi everyone,

Any help would be appreciated ! :)[/QUOTE]

Take it to Costco they will return anything , I got two copies of NHL10 as a gift and Costco took it back with no ?'s ask..

GameStop will take any return as long as you have a receipt to correspond with the product. If this were to come into my location- even knowing the story- I would still allow a return for value. Keep in mind, if the product was purchased with a credit card that you do not own, you will only receive the $60 store credit. Still, you'd be able to swap it for another game!

;)

[quote name='5280milehigh']Take it to Costco they will return anything , I got two copies of NHL10 as a gift and Costco took it back with no ?'s ask..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what a great idea. Let's just support return fraud. While were at it how bout we go sell some crack to high school kids. By the way, talking about return fraud is bannable, so word of advice for the future, don't talk about this crap again in the future you silly goose. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='starboyk']GameStop will take any return as long as you have a receipt to correspond with the product. If this were to come into my location- even knowing the story- I would still allow a return for value. Keep in mind, if the product was purchased with a credit card that you do not own, you will only receive the $60 store credit. Still, you'd be able to swap it for another game!

;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's really good to know :D

Well, I tried it at the Gamestop I live near and they were surprisingly cool about it. I received $60 in-store credit, because of the reasons you mentioned, but that's wayyy better than having two copies of the same game !

If anyone has this thread on email alerts please answer this: If one pre-ordered a game and on the day of release got it and its pre-order bonus (let's say an action figure), would he or she be able to return the game and keep the bonus if he or she has the receipt?

love how years ago the person who posted this would be flamed as this is pure fraud .

why not just return the game back to amazon... say it came too late they will send you a prepaid label to send it back

and some gamestops do know what is their games and what are not their games... I returned a 5.00 game i got off gamestop few weeks back sealed (was their last sealed copy and didnt know if i wanted it or not)

manager stood there probally 5 mins looking at the wrapper... asked what they were doing and they said they were making sure it was gamestops game....

i said o cool : )

about the preorder items... if you got it from gamestop , no where does it say on the recept that you got the preorder so they would never know if you got it or not.... you could return the game but then again that is fraud cause you just ripped off the preorder.... but that is if people cared

wow. or, the short answer: those promo things are all rubbish to us. if it sits for too long, it gets handed out during a midnight launch or some other large event.

The issue of tracking 'whether this game came from gamestop' is bunk. Unless it's a bundle deal, or holiday promotion (like COD:MW(1) this black friday- they have specially marked UPC tags). If you have a receipt, and the product, it doesn't matter- if they argue, that manager's an asshole. Of which many of my peers are.

bread's done
Back