Gamestop trade 3 get $10 bonus... YMMV...

BlaseDeviant

CAGiversary!
It's not advertised or anything, I just traded in 4 games and got a $10 bonus, which was cool. I was in there like 2 days ago and it didn't happen. Don't know if it's local or what...

As for the jampacks getting the bonus....The kid behind the counter asked another worker and they both didn't know so he gave it to me. I heard them say well its not an old sports game and its not a wrestling game so yeah I guess so.

[quote name='iflabs']Does this only apply to the new gen games or does it also include old games like psx games?[/QUOTE]

Only next gen

Traded in 7 games and 2 jampacks today. They didn't give me the extra credit on 1 game and 2 jampacks (got lucky last time I guess) but for the $16.86 out of pocket I got $56.79 in credit. Not too shabby.

[quote name='drfrielgood']So, this deal is still going on til May 3rd, correct?[/QUOTE]

I heard 5th last week when I asked.

[quote name='stoned99']I heard 5th last week when I asked.[/QUOTE]

The employee at the GS here looked it up and it said May 3rd right on his computer, so I'm not sure... kind of weird they are stopping the deal in the middle of the week, and not taking it all the way to Saturday.

I was surprised that even 2005 sports games are excluded... wanted to dump Madden 2005 off, but no dice. I was always under the assumption it was sports games other than the current year which are excluded.

I wonder if even stuff like Wrestlemania 21 is excluded for Xbox, since that just came out?

[quote name='anchester']what is considered a sports game....what about a racing title (toca) or rocky (boxing)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and make an assumption.

I've got a feeling racing titles are ok, since they aren't every year or so (but really, neither are wrestling games, so it gets confusing... I think it has more to do with rosters than anything else).

Boxing games... I don't know. Fight Night is starting to go yearly now, so it's anyone's guess. I would probably call them and ask them in advance.

Actually... is anyone a GS / EB employee, or knows their policys really well to know if racing games are in fact excluded?

Looking at my trade in pile, I've got 2 or 3 trade in's I got for around 3-5 dollars (Auto Modellista comes to mind) and I'd hate for them to be denied as part of the sale, since I've got 20 dollars in just extra 10 dollar trade in credit alone.

Racing games are fine. The only games they're excluding are old Hockey, Basketball, Wrestling, Football, Baseball, or "demo disks". Any "extreme sports" games or racing games are pretty much good to go. Of course, like with anything, this is YMMV. But they should work just fine.

[quote name='mmn']Racing games are fine. The only games they're excluding are old Hockey, Basketball, Wrestling, Football, Baseball, or "demo disks". Any "extreme sports" games or racing games are pretty much good to go. Of course, like with anything, this is YMMV. But they should work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks a ton.

I only have enough time to get down there, trade them in, get a game, and get to a final lol. So no time to call them and double check everything.

Bump for this with new information:

Apparently, their are titles on the exclusion list for a deal like this. While they took Burnout 2, they refused Auto Modellista as part of the sale, since the trade in credit was under a dollar.

He said any other genre is fine, but the line gets a bit blurry when it comes to racing games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Until closing time tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. i might have to pick up some games before this deal is gone.

Just trading in 4 more games, and got almost another 50 dollars in credit.

Managed to get Devil Digital Saga and Stella Deus for free this week, thanks to trading in some unneeded, 7 dollar Xbox games.

bread's done
Back