GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever have problems placing orders on the gamestop website? I been trying to buy wiis for a couple weeks now and they just keep saying there is a problem with the order. I have credit and want to get more from this 50% bonus but I cant buy what i need.
Ive had some problems online, but not like that, are you pur-mem, can you log in to your account normally, did you try buying in store with your pur card? If you're in a tight spot, I have some wiis, pm me maybe I can help you out.

Does anyone think that TIVs will drop significantly between Monday (the first day of the promo) and Tuesday? I can try to go out of my way to trek to a GS today (Monday), but stopping by on Tuesday would be better for my schedule.

Ive had some problems online, but not like that, are you pur-mem, can you log in to your account normally, did you try buying in store with your pur card? If you're in a tight spot, I have some wiis, pm me maybe I can help you out.
yes i am a pur member i can also log into my account. i didnt try buying in the store they dont have any wiis. ill see if i can figure out how to pm u. kinda new here

Very good point, just always baffled me.
Retail is like the military in that if you don't put your head down and blindly follow orders you're not going to get very far. I assume in the military someone else also gets credit if you happen to do something good and you get a pat on the head.

Retail is like the military in that if you don't put your head down and blindly follow orders you're not going to get very far. I assume in the military someone else also gets credit if you happen to do something good and you get a pat on the head.
Pretty much. I liked to ask a lot of questions and my Platoon SGT didn't like that much haha.

cheaper/easier than having to have a fake box for every new release + sending cover art for every game released for each system.

Most people really don't care about new games being opened unless its a present.
Plus if that game is terrible you can return it for a full refund unlike a sealed copy. Am I right?

Nope, we reseal the game with a circle tape. If you remove/cut the tape you are done.(really sticky tape)
Oh ok well is that a newer practice? (Within the past 5 years?) because I remember once or twice buying an actual new game at GameStop (when I was stupid enough to do that) and they were "new" opened copies and they had no tape or seal.

Found out at my local GS in Indy that they will start taking Retro Trade in's on next Wednesday Feb 3rd.  Sounds like they will basically ship all the games to the Warehouse for distribution.

Also trade credit purchases are still good in the Indy area as well.

So I got an email from GS tonight with this line at the top: "Get an exclusive Call of Duty poster when you pre-order the Black Ops III Season Pass. "

So I got an email from GS tonight with this line at the top: "Get an exclusive Call of Duty poster when you pre-order the Black Ops III Season Pass. "
Funny enough I was in the store trading and someone came in and asked about that and the SM had no idea what they were talking about. Came home and saw the email.

They take retro stuff (Dreamcast, N64, PS1), they just don't take last generation stuff. In a decade, they might.
Do all GameStops take older games? My brother's old roommate gave him a box of old NES games he didn't want anymore. They've been in a that box for years now. But when I looked on the site for trade-in values nothing seems to show up.

Do all GameStops take older games? My brother's old roommate gave him a box of old NES games he didn't want anymore. They've been in a that box for years now. But when I looked on the site for trade-in values nothing seems to show up.
I don't believe they take NES games. I tried to trade in several games including a few older games (1 x NES and 1 x GameCube) and he rattled off the half dozen or so vintage platforms they take games for and neither of those was in the list.

I heard from a store near the corporate office that Gamestop will allow store credit for restaurant gift cards only.
Is this as opposed to most gift cards that they take now? Are they scaling back the offer?

I don't believe they take NES games. I tried to trade in several games including a few older games (1 x NES and 1 x GameCube) and he rattled off the half dozen or so vintage platforms they take games for and neither of those was in the list.
Thank you for the information. At least my brother won't have to plug in the NES to test if they all work now.

I also just came across my old GameCube, so you preemptively answered that too. I guess it goes back into storage until it can hopefully be accepted some day.

Is there a reason they don't list the prices on the site? Is there a site that is keeping track of values for some games like JP did for current game values?

Thank you for the information. At least my brother won't have to plug in the NES to test if they all work now.

I also just came across my old GameCube, so you preemptively answered that too. I guess it goes back into storage until it can hopefully be accepted some day.

Is there a reason they don't list the prices on the site? Is there a site that is keeping track of values for some games like JP did for current game values?
Not sure about your area, but you'd probably be better off hitting up some Facebook "garage sale" type groups to unload that NES. Their TIVs on old systems were pretty abysmal. I see them sell pretty regularly in the 40-50 range.

They take NES games... I traded in several Mario's last year. There's just a short list of retro games that they take though, and not all of them are obvious, and some obvious ones aren't on there.

Some stores do, it's on a trial basis. As far as I know it's Alabama, Louisiana, & NY only for now. Someone in the 50% thread mentioned it coming soon to Indianapolis.

Some stores do, it's on a trial basis. As far as I know it's Alabama, Louisiana, & NY only for now. Someone in the 50% thread mentioned it coming soon to Indianapolis.
Oh, okay. I'm not in any of those states. I checked GameStop's site and saw no mention of it, so I wasn't sure if this was something they were doing away with and I just missed the chance to trade some older games I probably will never play again.

Im in wi and traded some nes games last summer. Not all stores do, but I have seen additional stores added in recent months. They are picky about what they take, and the list is maybe 100 tittles.

Anyone know how many times you can return pre owned games within a month/week without getting flagged? I tried to do a return and rebuy for a pre owned star wars battlefront but the dude price adjusted instead. I originally paid with gs credit card and I wanted to rebuy it with my trade credit. I didn't feel like pissing him off so I'll just come back tomorrow to return and rebuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back