GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way for you to accurately total what you did and how much over the 500 you went? I know some people were thinking you could do 550 or potentially a little more.

This would help narrow down the limit
check m.gamestop.com you powerreward account. calculate last 30 days trade in on your own.

Looks like the bump is still active for the most part. Must be a full week thing-- OR they're going even higher this weekend! lol
Have we had any actual trades to confirm that? I seem to remember a week or two ago the app still displayed the bumped values but they were lower in store.

I saw the store manager for my main store yesterday outside of GameStop, and he said some people have actually bought some copies Deadpool and Left 4 Dead 2. As long as they're seeing some sales, some of those games will probably stay up there in value.

Crap, I tried to purchase TMNT online through BB (will be doing a return-rebuy with a price match at amazon) to move some BB credit to GS but my order has been canceled, twice and using different cards... The payment status on both orders appears as "awaiting authorization" and both CCV numbers were correctly typed. Also, one card expires on 9/16 and the other until 2018. Anyone else experienced a similar case? 

Ban hammer, perhaps?  :whistle2:|

Crap, I tried to purchase TMNT online through BB (will be doing a return-rebuy with a price match at amazon) to move some BB credit to GS but my order has been canceled, twice and using different cards... The payment status on both orders appears as "awaiting authorization" and both CCV numbers were correctly typed. Also, one card expires on 9/16 and the other until 2018. Anyone else experienced a similar case?

Ban hammer, perhaps? :whistle2:|
Just FYI you can price match over the phone if you are buying it online. Saves you a trip to the store.

Figured out yesterday why Assassin's Creed III for PS3 wasn't showing up in their trade-in database online.   They're giving 2 cents for it and it's listed as "trade only" in their system(meaning no cash).    Employee said there's some games(mostly old sports games) showing up as "N/A" in the system, meaning they're not taking them anymore.  So even Gamestop is getting tired of taking in certain games that they just can't sell.

Just FYI you can price match over the phone if you are buying it online. Saves you a trip to the store.
Thanks Nick, I was trying to get in on that sweet ebates cash back but I believe this should do just as well. :D/

Either way, I'll have to drop by at the store to pick up some other stuff I ordered online.

I'll probably give my bank a phone call in a bit just to make sure everything's in order.

Apologies GS is probably making changes/maintenance to their website again! Today's query (on the third one) always shows a random 250 games without their in store prices and the query is taking twice as long. This has happened before in the past and usually lasts all day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

EDIT: Yup most likely website changes I am getting the usual error in my log file.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Apologies GS is probably making changes/maintenance to their website again! Today's query (on the third one) always shows a random 250 games without their in store prices and the query is taking twice as long. This has happened before in the past and usually lasts all day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

EDIT: Yup most likely website changes I am getting the usual error in my log file.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Yeah, I got random 403 errors checking in store prices this morning. They're messing with something on the website.

Probably making it work worse.

To each his own but I'm totally fine with giving Cheapy the referral link ad revenue in lieu of the eBates.  I save a ton of money already enough as it is with the knowledge sharing on this forum.

When do cash bans come into effect and does the cash limit reset at the 1st of every month? I did the math and traded in about $600 from July 19th to Aug 9th. 

So I just got an offer for a free Pro membership and have had a 20% off coupon sitting in my active offers for a month. I'm inexperienced when it comes to boomerangs, but I'm guessing that the best one would be to pick up one of the Pokemons with the coupon and new Pro discount, trade it in towards Madden for the extra 20%, then come back later to cancel the reservation to get all the credit put back on my account? Does this work, or is there a better way?

And your not banned as of yet?
I traded about $130 yesterday 8/9 and I hit $500 at 8/7. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen which is why I am asking when the bans come into effect. I calculated the money by PUR points and I definitely have past the $500 mark yesterday if made a math mistake.

How many games at a time are people trading in? Maybe some are trading past 10 games. I haven't seen that mentioned as much as the dollar limit, but something to note.

During the last cash=credit promo I went well over the $500 mark and wasn't banned. This time I've already gone well over the $500 mark and I'm still not banned. When I get a chance I can tally my receipts and let y'all know the total.

My theory is that there is no limit during a cash=credit promo but I could be wrong.

There is definitely a limit although it might be just the overall trade limit rather than specific to cash or credit.
If there is then it's a lot higher than $500 and probably higher than the $1000 previously thought to be credit limit. Honestly by now I'm probably over $1000 in cash trade ins since the promo started.

Just a quick note, TMNT has stayed at 27.50 for cash and credit. Amazon is down to 20.69 a copy, can be PM'ed to BB and then turned into cash if you have giftcards or certificates to burn like I do. 

There is definitely a limit although it might be just the overall trade limit rather than specific to cash or credit.
I'm thinking that there may not be a limit, but that a certain amount of activity on an account in a short amount of time COULD result in extra scrutiny and therefore a possible trade in timeout, but if the employee/store doesn't get suspicious or doesn't care then you should be fine.

The bans etc. seem to be more of an art than a science.

So we are looking at a limit over 500 cash from some of you guys. Anyway that you guys can track all of your receipts? Looking to go at it since eBay is over.

I'm thinking that there may not be a limit, but that a certain amount of activity on an account in a short amount of time COULD result in extra scrutiny and therefore a possible trade in timeout, but if the employee/store doesn't get suspicious or doesn't care then you should be fine.

The bans etc. seem to be more of an art than a science.
I had heard a rumor that there was a ratio of trades vs purchases they track on your account. So if your just straight flipping from BB to GS for cash and making no purchases at GS I could see them capping people doing that at $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back