GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Island Definitive Edition pn sale for 20 with gcu right now and trades in for 22.50 after the 50 percent if value holds tomorrow so good credit mover if you wanna transfer bb to gamestop

But unlike GS you can only do the minimum. Can't use it as layaway like at GS.
That's not true. I put $20 down on Battlefield 1.
Wrong. You can pay any amount up to the full price. (inadvisable if you have GCU, since you'd only pay $48 when picking up)
I think the point being made is unlike GameStop, you can put down as much as you want as the initial preorder deposit at Best Buy, but cannot make interim payments in the time between preorder and release. GameStop will let you put additional payment toward a preorder as often as you feel like it.

I've never used layaway anywhere, but that's how it works at other retailers. There's a lot of time to read the signs when waiting for Kmart to figure out how to fulfill an online order.

Has there been any actual confirmation that the holiday return policy is in effect? I bought some used Amiibos yesterday (October 1st) and ordered some online, and would like to return/rebuy in store for the B2G3 free, but I see nothing about the extended return policy on the receipt.

I haven't had a chance to go in yet, but I called my local store and asked about two games, bloodborne and mario 3d world are still 12.50 base.

Has there been any actual confirmation that the holiday return policy is in effect? I bought some used Amiibos yesterday (October 1st) and ordered some online, and would like to return/rebuy in store for the B2G3 free, but I see nothing about the extended return policy on the receipt.
I'm pretty sure it didn't go into effect right on the 1st last year , maybe like the 4th or 5th. Regardless used stuff on the website has a 30 day return policy.

Just did a trade in about 20 mins ago. All app values are right as i traded in about 15 games.
predator.gif

Man I wish Gamestops couldn't see preorders from other stores. Could take everything I traded into one store straight to another instead of running around to them all to build up 1 copy of everything.

So I did a trade with only one game to see if my account was banned because the lady a few days ago keyed in my DL info. Not banned :D Time to flip!

Thought I was going to pass on this round, but found some decent games at a flea market cheap. Spent $35 and received $104.80 in trade credit. App values held on my trades

so, the 500gb xbox one s gears of war special edition doesnt come out til 11/1? is there a reason for this? are they just trying to protect sales of the 2 tb version?

so, the 500gb xbox one s gears of war special edition doesnt come out til 11/1? is there a reason for this? are they just trying to protect sales of the 2 tb version?
Its because the 500gb version comes with only the regular Gears 4 edition whereas the 2tb version comes with Gear 4 Gold. Gears 4 gold comes out on 10/7 the regular game doesnt release until 10/11. Thats why.

Its because the 500gb version comes with only the regular Gears 4 edition whereas the 2tb version comes with Gear 4 Gold. Gears 4 gold comes out on 10/7 the regular game doesnt release until 10/11. Thats why.
You misread it. The date is 11/1. That's a whole 20 days after the regular release date. I'm really hoping that's a placeholder date for the moment since that's the console I want and don't want to wait 3 weeks after release. Perhaps it's not, though, since the announcement for the console is so late.

You misread it. The date is 11/1. That's a whole 20 days after the regular release date. I'm really hoping that's a placeholder date for the moment since that's the console I want and don't want to wait 3 weeks after release. Perhaps it's not, though, since the announcement for the console is so late.
i checked microsoft store and its listed as 11/1 there too, might as well just get the battlefield one, as I dont care for either games, i just want a console that isnt white or black. the white 1tb gears console comes out on 10/11 so it really does seem like its just coming out later to not cannibalize the more expensive consoles.

edit: just realized the 500gb battlefield xbox one s is listed as 11/1 too, they really want to sell this extra 500gb for $50 more

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there wasn't a limit of 3 certs a day. I was gonna use up all my points to convert to credit but nope :( guy was cool though and let me do 3 $15 on different transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back