GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that is correct. My Best Buy is going have a emailed code and Target employees said they might not even get him.
They also just posted up a Ultimate Edition Pass which is basically the Season Pass upgrade to the Ultimate Edition which includes Darkseid as well. So even if you can't find the Ultimate Edition but want to upgrade to it, you can do so quite easily.

They also just posted up a Ultimate Edition Pass which is basically the Season Pass upgrade to the Ultimate Edition which includes Darkseid as well. So even if you can't find the Ultimate Edition but want to upgrade to it, you can do so quite easily.
The season pass won't include all the dlc characters right? Only the first 9?

I wonder if they would do a Komplete Edition lol silly to call the $100 copy Ultimate Edition. From what I've read, they plan on releasing many more dlc characters

The season pass won't include all the dlc characters right? Only the first 9?

I wonder if they would do a Komplete Edition lol silly to call the $100 copy Ultimate Edition. From what I've read, they plan on releasing many more dlc characters
It's advertised as the first 9. I'm sure that they will have a 2018 Season Character Pass or whatever they end up deciding to call it for next year. Interestingly the DLC in the Ultimate Edition says that it must be redeemed by 5/16/2027. I doubt they plan on supporting the game for 10 years though.

Can Gamestop employees see everyone who owns an account at a specific address? Is that how someone had their 2nd acct terminated above? Using an old address of mine...I don't think that address was used originally when creating my former acct but idk if GS can search that way...I should've used the address of 1 of my parents' rental properties thinking back...would be super weird if they can search then they'll wonder why I have 2 accts rofl or if a bunch of gamers live there and all come up..but I do have a legitimate reason that GS.com can't unfortunately fix...only way around it is by creating another acct.

My saved trades values data is corrupted under my real acct, was lazy and didn't delete old games and system values...so annoying now i have to manually jot everything down.

Data becomes corrupted after ur 99th save. The 100th save empties ur saved trade values page on app & website. It says i have no values saved and any attempt to add another value errors out saying there was a problem saving that value. Can't delete old values coz ur trade values page is blank grr apparently it was only programmed with a max of 2 digits and therefore 100 being 3 digits messes up the data to become undisplayable.

Anyone know if the phones promo works yet for any phone thats not in system?

Blackbeard is there anyway to generate a list of stores that have Retro games in stock? I know they are supposed to send that stuff to the warehouse but I've heard tell of a few stores that keeps some of it and sell it.

Just call the stores that interest you and ask them.
NO, WE LIVE AND DIE BY THE SHEETS NOW! THERE IS NO CALLING!

On a related note, Blackbeard could you get a list of everything in the entire GameStop inventory and list everything every store has in stock. And then cross reference this list with every retailer that takes trades with a percentage (positive or negative). Then add a gas mileage calculator that pulls values from gas buddy, Google maps, and the nada so I will be able in input my car and locations and it will tell me how much I am spending in gas to make these flips. Also, I will need to know this data at all times of the day so, I am going to need you to keep this updating at 15-30 second intervals.

Kthxbye.gif

Today is the last day for the hidden gems 50% bonus, and I've been going back and forth about buying Stardew Valley for Xbox One. The digital copy is $14.99, but supposedly, there's a collector's guide or book that comes with the physical copy. I actually want to play this game, and I'm not trying to flip towards anything but the game, but does anyone think that it's worth it for me to go physical in this case? Whether I need another game or not is irrelevant since I've got a backlog that will take me through the apocalypse.

Today is the last day for the hidden gems 50% bonus, and I've been going back and forth about buying Stardew Valley for Xbox One. The digital copy is $14.99, but supposedly, there's a collector's guide or book that comes with the physical copy. I actually want to play this game, and I'm not trying to flip towards anything but the game, but does anyone think that it's worth it for me to go physical in this case? Whether I need another game or not is irrelevant since I've got a backlog that will take me through the apocalypse.
Personal call. The extra $10 for the physical copy is for the 4 page "mini-guide", a map, and a soundtrack (don't know if it's a separate disk or a dlc thing). Worth it? Not for me, but I needed to buy something when I got the 50% trade boost. Like you, Stardew is on my backlog wishlist. I wanted the digital copy at $10 or less...(the sealed copy is mocking me right now on the bookshelf).

Decisions, decisions...

oh yeah - go to amazon and look at the video. It will show you what is included. A buyer has posted pics of the map and his disappointment at the "guide".

I got PvZ 2 for $12 at Target, and with the bump, it covered the whole purchase. For that price, I think it's well worth it. The soundtrack is it's own CD, and the mini guide and map have a nice hand drawn look.

Personal call. The extra $10 for the physical copy is for the 4 page "mini-guide", a map, and a soundtrack (don't know if it's a separate disk or a dlc thing). Worth it?
Game is definitely worth it and yes the soundtrack is on a separate physical disc.

Beautiful package overall, imho.

Just buy a copy of GTA IV Complete from Best Buy for $11.99 with GCU and trade it towards Stardew Valley for $22.50. Almost covers the difference between digital and physical by itself

GTA IV complete for Xbox 360/Xbox one BC is on sale today at BB for $14.99 ($11.99 after GCU). $15 base trade value at GS or 22.50 with 50% bonus.

Y'all know what to do...

-edit- Kyle beat me to it!

Little nightmares or bust!!

Remember you can alays trade/sell a physical copy

Just buy a copy of GTA IV Complete from Best Buy for $11.99 with GCU and trade it towards Stardew Valley for $22.50. Almost covers the difference between digital and physical by itself
GTA IV complete for Xbox 360/Xbox one BC is on sale today at BB for $14.99 ($11.99 after GCU). $15 base trade value at GS or 22.50 with 50% bonus.
Y'all know what to do...
-edit- Kyle beat me to it!
I got some cheap copies last night on Amazon, so that's another place to try if you have an Amazon gift card (most of us should lol)

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I think I'm going to trade towards Stardew Valley this afternoon. I don't think Little Nightmares is my type of game, so I'll pass on that. But my copy of Cabela's African Adventure for Xbox One and a copy of Phantom Pain for 360 from Target will cover Stardew once the bonus has been applied. I have two extra bills that I need to pay this month, so I haven't been buying anything lately that wasn't trade-in fodder, but I've only heard good things about Stardew, and it seems like a game that someone can put a lot of hours into without getting bored. So thanks for chiming in.

NO, WE LIVE AND DIE BY THE SHEETS NOW! THERE IS NO CALLING!

On a related note, Blackbeard could you get a list of everything in the entire GameStop inventory and list everything every store has in stock. And then cross reference this list with every retailer that takes trades with a percentage (positive or negative). Then add a gas mileage calculator that pulls values from gas buddy, Google maps, and the nada so I will be able in input my car and locations and it will tell me how much I am spending in gas to make these flips. Also, I will need to know this data at all times of the day so, I am going to need you to keep this updating at 15-30 second intervals.

Kthxbye.gif
On it....

025d814ad6db440e758b1a525a411f6f.gif

Blackbeard is there anyway to generate a list of stores that have Retro games in stock? I know they are supposed to send that stuff to the warehouse but I've heard tell of a few stores that keeps some of it and sell it.
Kinda hard to check since some stores might have any of 1500 retro games in stock and also some stores forget to defect the games out and show them in stock even though they do not sell them. Theoretically it probably would take 5 mins to check each individual store for all retro games * 3886 stores.

Opinions on Horizon Zero Dawn? Is a new copy worth $40 after the $20 off coupon this week?
I personally am loving it. I'm on the final chapter. Was my #1 game of the year so far until I picked up Zelda, which is why I'm still on the final chapter!

I would say it's worth it at $40 unless you're catching up on your backlog. It'll come down eventually but it's worth picking up and playing right now at that price. It's also on the extra 40% trade credit when you buy 2 "playlist" games if you are trading stuff in.

Personal call. The extra $10 for the physical copy is for the 4 page "mini-guide", a map, and a soundtrack (don't know if it's a separate disk or a dlc thing). Worth it? Not for me, but I needed to buy something when I got the 50% trade boost. Like you, Stardew is on my backlog wishlist. I wanted the digital copy at $10 or less...(the sealed copy is mocking me right now on the bookshelf).

Decisions, decisions...
oh yeah - go to amazon and look at the video. It will show you what is included. A buyer has posted pics of the map and his disappointment at the "guide".
Physical CD of the soundtrack.

Just realized a gamestop near me sells hooters gift cards I know what I'm doing after every stealth bump! But seriously what normal GameStop customer would need a hooters gift card for?

Rumor for store manager is starting tomorrow electronics are going to get an extra 50% for cash and credit.

Highly skeptical about +50% extra on cash but but if true then maybe get some good flips with the 25% off going on...

Rumor for store manager is starting tomorrow electronics are going to get an extra 50% for cash and credit.

Highly skeptical about +50% extra on cash but but if true then maybe get some good flips with the 25% off going on...
its true. electronics will fetch you 50% more cash or credit.

On it....

025d814ad6db440e758b1a525a411f6f.gif

Kinda hard to check since some stores might have any of 1500 retro games in stock and also some stores forget to defect the games out and show them in stock even though they do not sell them. Theoretically it probably would take 5 mins to check each individual store for all retro games * 3886 stores.
Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back