Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='drktrpr1']Do executions count towards medals? For example, if I down an enemy with any weapon, then kill them with the gnasher execution, does that count towards the gnasher kills medal set?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. I tested this in a private for one of my gold medal weapon requirements weeks ago. I didn't receive credit until I actually shot the bots dead with the weapon. Executions only counted as a general kill. Talk about giving us even less incentive to use them Epic. >_>

For those asking about the command center. It unlocks after 360,000 points spent on Turrets (not sentries). Level 4 command center is only 40,000 points. The last level when unlocked is the hammer of dawn with took out about 10 locust in one shot but winds up costing 7-8k total (forget the exact amount) per use. I would like try it on a boss level and see how it works against a brumak or a Berzerker

[quote name='kklems']For those asking about the command center. It unlocks after 360,000 points spent on Turrets (not sentries). Level 4 command center is only 40,000 points. The last level when unlocked is the hammer of dawn with took out about 10 locust in one shot but winds up costing 7-8k total (forget the exact amount) per use. I would like try it on a boss level and see how it works against a brumak or a Berzerker[/QUOTE]

I used it a few times on boss waves tonight, it still just takes out smaller guys. I never tried with only a brumak/berzerker, but when they where on the map with all types of other enemies.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I used it a few times on boss waves tonight, it still just takes out smaller guys. I never tried with only a brumak/berzerker, but when they where on the map with all types of other enemies.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be worth the money than. I did take out grinders, maulers, and flame grenadiers but for 1000 to start, 1500, 2000 and than 3000 to upgrade to level 4 I was hoping it would do more damage. I would think an upgraded turret and a silverback is money better spent. Maybe to set up for an emergency if you are the last alive and need use it to buy some time in a wave but even than someone could buy back in for less.

you figure it's incentive to setup more bases, spend money on other things, add more replay to Horde, entice ppl who didn't get the DLC to get the DLC so they can experience it as well as get the achievements. etc...extra options are nice and if you're making boat loads of cash and have little to spend on because you don't need the fortification upgrades...why not. In fact saving and spending it on the command outpost might be more challenging because you have to save up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't see why it wouldn't. The stats show you how many executions you've done per weapon...so if they're being tracked by weapon, it should definitely count.

EDIT: Event calendar updated: Double XP Nov 4th-Nov 14th[/QUOTE]
Is that versus only?

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Is that versus only?[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 3 Double XP!
We are starting an XP event today at 6:00 PM EST that will run through November 14th at 9:00 AM EST. You’ll get DOUBLE XP in all gametypes, so now is the time to rank up and get those unlocks!

looks like, it's everything...but I guess it's for online games, but who knows.

just hit 61 last night. I think I can get 80-90 by the end of the double XP. I need to do some horde and get my fortifications up. 8Wir,4Dec,5Tur,4Sen,1Sil, Locked Comm Post

[quote name='kklems']Doesn't seem to be worth the money than. I did take out grinders, maulers, and flame grenadiers but for 1000 to start, 1500, 2000 and than 3000 to upgrade to level 4 I was hoping it would do more damage. I would think an upgraded turret and a silverback is money better spent. Maybe to set up for an emergency if you are the last alive and need use it to buy some time in a wave but even than someone could buy back in for less.[/QUOTE]

in my game last night it became knowns as "The Panic Button"

played 1-50 on blood drive. it's fairly easy to play thru when someone (good) gets a silverback, and the rest just support that player. mostly with flamethrowers for berserker boss fights. the rest is pretty smooth sailing.

I just played horde, blood drive on casual with me and AFK 2nd controller. Though i used mutators too, got to wave 50 and died, so i quit. Forgot i had instant melee, oh well. Thats 49 Point man ribbons! :D I think im 45 waves away from a gold medal too.

oddly enough I got credit for 2 warsupporter ribbons today...not sure why but I'm not complaining. Makes up for not getting one for the ticker event that wasn't an event.

Can anyone explain what counts towards silverback leveling? I know I put 75+ into one during a match of horde and I didnt more than 20-25 in credit. Some money was given to me by a teamate and some of damage I repaired was when the team mate drove the Silverback

[quote name='100xp']oddly enough I got credit for 2 warsupporter ribbons today...not sure why but I'm not complaining.[/QUOTE]

The war supporter medal is glitched. I already onyxed that medal :D

[quote name='popular penguin']The war supporter medal is glitched. I already onyxed that medal :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah working on mine now :) 20 down, 15 to go

[quote name='The 7th Number']How are you doing it?[/QUOTE]

I second this. I'd like to get that achievement done as quickly as possible. If you guys know what's really good then please spread the wealth.

I am not sure what is triggering it. 2 of us on one console are getting it. Play match, wait for medals to show, back out to stats menu, look at medal page, rejoin new match., Rinse and repeat. However this is not working for another person on a 2nd console playing by himself so it might be a YMMV

[quote name='The 7th Number']How are you doing it?[/QUOTE]

You NEED the DLC for the glitch to work.
Here's what I did:
• Local Party
• Warzone with 1 round & 1 bot & 1 min
• Select Azura (it's a DLC map)
• After each match you get credit toward War Supporter. No need to back out to the main menu, just keep playing.

ENJOY :D

1,000 waves of Horde later, gold medal, and big head mutator unlocked. Now to get to onyx medal i need to play 1,000 MORE waves of horde. O_O

Im only 3 horde challenges away from onyx

Yeah i pretty much guessed the DLC was on disc when the download was so small.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Waaaaaaccccckkkkk. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Lol, what did you expect? There's no "legit" way to get it without playing in Epic events.

Digger/Boltok mode is pretty awesome. I like how they keep doing these types of events to help me get better at each weapon and unlock executions for them.

That trick didnt work for me. I followed your advice, idk if you meant local party as in more than 1 controller, or just local MP. Oh well i will get it the legit way.

[quote name='The 7th Number']That trick didnt work for me. I followed your advice, idk if you meant local party as in more than 1 controller, or just local MP. Oh well i will get it the legit way.[/QUOTE]

I changed my party type to "local" (press the back button at the main menu).
People are talking about it on the Epic forums. You can try to go there for more help.

Yeah i just played some more, its like you have to avoid title waves of diggers at the beginning, its insane!

Im not going to try to boost the epic event medal, not worth risking a ban over. Im just gunna get that XP, and make it to 100 before this double XP runs out!

[quote name='sasukekun']Digger event is weird... Need to spawn with more ammo.[/QUOTE]

Yup, wish they would have at the least given you 6 ammo.

So double XP is in effect? I went 10-2 and only got 4900 points. Most of my games before double XP i would get at least 3000.

Not really digging the digger event, too many times ill roll away and be 6+ feet away and still end up blowing to bits. Its just not fun either, its like all you do is try to evade all the digger paths coming in.

Alpha playlist is glitched as well. All matches are giving war supporter credit.

Double XP is in effect till Nov 14th.

Current XP ratios (as of 10th October 2011)
(2x XP ratios in BOLD)
  • TDM (Quick): 0.825 | (1.65)
  • TDM (Ranked): 1.675 | (3.35)
  • Warzone (Quick): 1.273 | (2.546)
  • Warzone (Ranked): 1.53 | (3.06)
  • Execution (Quick): 1.275 | (2.55)
  • Execution (Ranked): 1.53 | (3.06)
  • CTL (Quick): ~0.662 | (1.342)
  • CTL (Ranked): 0.795 | (1.59)
  • KoTH (Quick): 0.375 | (.75)
  • KoTH (Ranked): 0.45 | (.90)
  • Wingman (Quick): 1.15 | (2.30)
  • Wingman (Ranked): 1.38 | (2.76)

Retail XP ratios (20th September 2011)
  • TDM (Quick): 1.675
  • TDM (Ranked): 2.01
  • Warzone (Quick): 1.675
  • Warzone (Ranked): 2.01
  • Execution (Quick): 1.675
  • Execution (Ranked): 2.01
  • CTL (Quick): 1.00
  • CTL (Ranked): 1.2
  • KoTH (Quick): 0.7625
  • KoTH (Ranked): 0.9148
  • Wingman (Quick): 1.575
  • Wingman (Ranked): 1.89

Source: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/840595-New-Weapon-Swaps-Discussion-Thread-(Updated-11-2-11)

Damn i need to start playing ranked TDM, i just got to level 94 tonight. Shouldnt be too much longer till i hit 100. The XP started racking up more once i hit the 1,000 match bonus. But man Diggers are so annoying. Its like i evade and im 6 feet or more away and i die. Then i shoot it at someone and it just passes them up even though they are RIGHT THERE! IDK man, i think the best word to describe Gears MP is "inconsistent" for real. I also had matches tonight where guys where walking through my active gnasher shots. Its so random and annoying sometimes.

Crazy, i seen a guy using the medal you get when you have 30 onyx medals. Seriously bro? I still have only 10.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
Not really digging the digger event, too many times ill roll away and be 6+ feet away and still end up blowing to bits. Its just not fun either, its like all you do is try to evade all the digger paths coming in.[/QUOTE]
I am actually loving the event. During this event, I actually got better at using it. The key with the digger is predicting which direction they will roll when hearing it and shooting there. On a level like Gridlock, I tore it up (not host) and got my first MVP award; I am just average so a big deal for me. Can't wait to see what next event holds...

As for people complaining about loadout, I think the amount you start with is fine, especially since you still have the gnasher and the boltok. It's not like you can't pick up more from the weapon spawns or from killing someone.

I got the onyx war supporter medal the other night, i was gonna post about it but it was like 3am when i stopped playing, i played thru the night to get the medal and was just too tired afterwards and crashed instantly. dunno if thats still going on

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I played a few matches last night (TDM) and I'm still only at 6. Is the Digger event the only one giving them out?[/QUOTE]

No all game types including local private matches are working but the catch I noticed while doing side to side console comparisons is the need to be the DLC and that dlc has to be on the original xbox 360 that it was downloaded on to work. I tried moving my GT to another 360 and redownloading the dlc and it was no go but I was able to get 4 different gamer tags to work on the 1st condole including 1 silver account.

Yeah i ended up unlocking the war supporter achievement today. But i read on twitter that an epic guy said you wont be reset, they know its messed up, and they are trying to fix it. So now that i got that medal, there is nothing stopping me from getting 3.0. :D

PeteNub Peter Knepley
@GearsViking @ijinjo no we won't be resetting people, it's unfortunate but at least it's giving extra instead of not counting :)
PeteNub Peter Knepley
@GearsViking @gearsjunkie I don't believe we have a workaround yet. @EpicCog and CrazyHomer are on the case

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I played a few matches last night (TDM) and I'm still only at 6. Is the Digger event the only one giving them out?[/QUOTE]

Alpha playlist was giving credit for each match and local match with guest login as well.

I was playing ranked TDM and saw a few people with the "I made this!" tag (He also had a ghostly retro lancer) and Epic logos as their icon/avatar. I even saw someone with the "Extremely Serious" tag (Extremely Serious 3.0 achievement), I'm guessing he either boosted or hacked it.

EDIT:Only got one Onyx medal, not two, but it was still random, the war supporter one. Here's to getting banned for something I didn't do.

For whatever reason my game is not glitching for the War Supporter medal like everyone else's seems to. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll get it eventually anyway.

I also agree with lordpus, I'm loving this digger event. So fun to use the boltok.

I really wish they would make an Alpha Guardian playlist, even if we only use some of the Gears 1-2 map remakes. I know some Gears 3 maps wouldnt work well. But i would play the shit out of it even if we only have 4-6 maps.

I played some CTL today and its just not happening. When i get to the leader i want to end them, not hold them for 30 seconds leaving me super vulnerable for anyone who comes by to free them. The game is just annoying, and is the reason why i never played submission in gears 2. Whats worse is how you can get downed, freed, then downed instantly without even having a shot to run.

I tried to play some Wingman today and it was garbage because everyone uses sawed off. You know how stupid the game looks when shitty players use a sawed off and they both miss each other and they sit there reloading. Then their was 1 vs 2 left and the 1 guy just kept running in circles around the map and these goons couldnt get him. He was literally running around the map with a smoke in his hand and they took like 5 minutes to catch him.

Finally got my female onyx medal, now i can be a man for once. LOL. That brings me up to 13/65 onyx medals. Im in love with playing as the kantus, i didnt think he was that cool, but he is fun to play as. As for COG, i use Big Rig Dizzy.

If they tweak the shotgun and the spawns in Alpha I could see myself playing this game for a really long time. Everything I hate about Gears 3 is just about eliminated. 4v4 and default load out give this enough of a Gears 1 feel to make me very very happy. It's pretty lame that only one mode in the game is any good, but it feels enough like 1 that I can deal with it.

bread's done
Back