Get FREE FYE Gift Cards or Cash w/ Purchase of NHL 2K9 for PS3

redjacket07

CAG Veteran
As most know on this forum Meijer is selling NHL 2K9 (PS3) for 14.99, but the 2K $10 off coupon also works making the game $4.99. After purchasing the game, mind you Meijer does have the right to limit your purchase at 4.99 and you will also need one coupon per game you want to purchase. I managed to walk out with 8 copies of NHL 2K9 for around 47.00 with tax. I then headed over to FYE and said I wanted to trade NHL 2K9 in for credit or cash. I showed him my receipt from Meijer so he didn't think I was trying to trade stolen merchandise. The game is currently getting $21 cash or $26 store credit per copy. I walked out with 135.00 in store credit plus 63.00 cash to cover the upfront cost. I figured I would post this so anyone else who is interested in picking up some extra cash or store credit from FYE. Keep in mind it is in your best interest to bring receipts to FYE to prove your purchase at Meijer. I must say this is the BEST DEAL for gaming out there right now.

Link to 2K Coupon:
http://2kgames.com/coupon/

This...doesn't seem like the right place for this.
All the info is correct, but this isn't really a video game deal.

I do apologize if this is in the incorrect board. I'm still very new to this site, where should I move it to? Thank you in advance.

actually this is the right forum b/c the blockbuster/gamerush thing is also apart of this, and honestly I think any gamer wouldn't mind knowing how to make extra credit from FYE. B/c in reality cash is better than just a game deal b/c you can use it on virtually anything at FYE.

[quote name='sgaldis']This thread should be called: "Hey, you can flip games and make money!"[/quote]

This, lolz.

Thanks, though, OP. Too bad there are no Meijers here.

[quote name='Birakon']hmm, this is very interesting......I have a meijers but my FYE doesn't carry videogames.[/quote]

If you're willing to go through the hassle, Amazon marketplace price of new copies of NHL2k9 is 27 bucks. Buy at Meijer, sell on Amazon for ~20 a pop factoring possible pricedrop + commission + shipping.

You could always return them if all else fails :)

[quote name='Lucci YaYo']actually this is the right forum b/c the blockbuster/gamerush thing is also apart of this, and honestly I think any gamer wouldn't mind knowing how to make extra credit from FYE. B/c in reality cash is better than just a game deal b/c you can use it on virtually anything at FYE.[/QUOTE]

actually this is not the right forum to post this, if he posted this in the 2kcoupon thread, it would be better. also bbv and gr are not even mentioned in the op so im not quite sure why you brought them up. also most gamers check the other forums on the site too, so being posted elsewhere might not get as many views but it will make people start using other facets of cag, not just trolling the video game threads for deals. also i hear cash works at other establishments than fye, i have not tried this but i hear it works.

Just got back from my local Meijer with 10 copies of this game. At first they didn't want to accept the coupon, so make sure you ask to speak to a manager if any complications arise and if the manager still doesn't want to accept it, just make sure they scan the coupon into their system and they will see it is valid. The employees at my Meijer thought it was a photoshopped coupon or something.

Anyone will to get me a copy of the game for cost + shipping? I'm a hockey fan and I actually wanna play the game, but their is no Meijer in my area. I understand that you could potentially get more by going to FYE, but I would really appreciate it!

Please PM me if you can do this. Thanks!

bread's done
Back