goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got all five of my games in today. So far they look good. They all have the artwork and manuals. The discs look good (except for Section 8 so I will cross my fingers) and there are some codes so maybe they will be good. The funniest thing about the delivery was that ALL 5 games were put in a giant cushioned envelope (17"x13") and the games could just move around inside it freely. It upsets me a bit that they charge for shipping (and wont refund it if you return an undamaged item) and then ship things like this. It turned out alright so I am not mad but a bag of games is NOT the way to ship things.

Also, if you are turning in your used game and have used the code just toss it in the garbage. You still will get the trade in and you won't be wasting the time of the person buying it.[/QUOTE]
Yea I don't like how they shove games in one bag too. I just ordered 3 games n I just know it'll be the same as urs. Hope it turns out okay

I got my 5 games in on Tuesday... All look like I just took them out of the shrink wrap, and everything had the codes (though I haven't tried to see if they were used or not).

Wish I could find more games that I want/need.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Sigh, people take things too seriously on the Internet. From insulting peoples intelligence From the safety of their computer screen to grammer nazi's etc. We are just talking about games here i mean really people .........

anyway Going back on topic i hope my copys of darksiders and castlevania come complete in great condition ![/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

My other game arrived with a hastily ripped label on the spine along with some other company's bar code sticker that should be easy to remove. Game disc was data side up, but the manual and case were also fine. Phew.

The thing that scared me was the big all caps 'LESS THAN 6 HOURS UNTIL CANCELLATION' in bold on the invoice. Never seen that before.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ugh, that's GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My other game arrived with a hastily ripped label on the spine along with some other company's bar code sticker that should be easy to remove. Game disc was data side up, but the manual and case were also fine. Phew.

The thing that scared me was the big all caps 'LESS THAN 6 HOURS UNTIL CANCELLATION' in bold on the invoice. Never seen that before.[/QUOTE]

He was right the first time actually. Don't you know Grammer Nazi's!?

f4l8wo.jpg

Hey guys. My 40% off code is up for grabs if anyone wants it: 1UVGO70E
Ends on the 31st of July. Finders keepers ;)

Can't find anything I like on there...

...okay, can't find anything I can justify purchasing (fixed).

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ugh, that's GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that scared me was the big all caps 'LESS THAN 6 HOURS UNTIL CANCELLATION' in bold on the invoice. Never seen that before.[/QUOTE]

Heh someone took the bait after all :)

On topic your story made me worry about my order, even if you got your games complete

Received my copy of Fallout: New Vegas that has a perfectly circular scratch on the disk. is this the work of someone moving an xbox while the game is spinning. I'm leaning toward trying to get an unscratched edition, but I keep hearing about what a pain in the ass returns are with Hastings...

Well crap, GoHastings! I've been waiting for a restock, and on the last couple days, they do another sale which empties the inventories?! No! :whistle2:(

Hmm... I'll keep perusing. I've given away four codes so far, and I've kept two for myself. I'll let a code go for a few bucks via Paypal gift if anyone is interested. Just shoot me a PM.

And I lol'd @ grammar. ;p

[quote name='kellte2']Received my copy of Fallout: New Vegas that has a perfectly circular scratch on the disk. is this the work of someone moving an xbox while the game is spinning. I'm leaning toward trying to get an unscratched edition, but I keep hearing about what a pain in the ass returns are with Hastings...[/QUOTE]

Take it to gamestop and say that they shipped you the game like that when you ordered it online. they will probibly replace it on the spot.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Take it to gamestop and say that they shipped you the game like that when you ordered it online. they will probibly replace it on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I've never actually done it with discs, but i do this with cover art and manuals all the time.

[quote name='Muthafodder']
What part of "MM123 Is Back" in the thread title are you missing and with the picture that links to their website that describes the deal are you not getting? The irrelevant info you don't care for was added to the top by a mod...because folks can't read.

If you've disabled ads or images in your browser and do not see the image regarding the MM123 deal or chose not to read it...that's your own fault for having to Google it.

Please leave the formatting of the OP alone, you complained about font type...yet you increased the size of the MM123 sale...and there are only 14 words in red font :roll:

I've reverted the changes you made...seeing you did not add any relevant info.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what MM123 means, hence my question and desire to find out.

So why is the thread a wiki again...?

[quote name='supershammy']I don't understand what MM123 means, hence my question and desire to find out.

So why is the thread a wiki again...?[/QUOTE]

I told you once already, it's explained ON the image in the OP and further explained when you click the picture.

If you cared to fully read the OP, you also would have seen it in the prior deals section...it's the same deal everytime.

Surely you saw the picture when you rearranged the OP to fit your needs?

Hence the OP no longer being a wiki...

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction $5.67
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy $5.42
Afro Samurai $5.99
Army of Two: The 40th Day $5.42
Red Faction: Guerrilla $5.42
Ninja Blade $3.76
Hour of Victory $2.98
Superman Returns: The Video Game $3.00
Left 4 Dead 2 $10.74
Need for Speed: Shift $5.42
TimeShift $2.98
Damnation $3.94
Just Cause $3.54
Infernal $3.59

Merchandise:$ 67.87
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling: $31.92
Total: $99.79 for 14 used games

$7.12 per game NOT TOO SHABBY ... I know I would pay way more for them on ebay/gamestop

A HUGE THANK YOU and :applause::applause::applause: goes out to one of our TRUE CAG Members ChosenOne1 for sharing his 40% off code

Okay I'm impressed. Got my 3 games today all in one shipment.
Saint's Row 2
Dead Rising 2
Aragorns Quest

All are complete and in excellent condition. Dead Rising 2 even had the bonus map still in it. Got em all for $33 so I'm happy.

Here's a question, does anyone know the primary method gohastings has been using for shipping games? Whether it's all through the USPS, or some USPS and others UPS? Thanks.

*sigh* It looks like I wasted my code--John (CAG Gohastings rep) said the vanilla, beat-up copy of Mafia II that I received can't be replaced, so I'll have to return it for a refund. Thankfully I got a prepaid shipping label via email that I can use (so I'll come out even after the refund), but I feel pretty stupid right now...

Also, I'll say this again: I still have a 40% off code for used movies that I'm not planning to use, and I'd love to trade for another 40% off code for used games (so I can make a better decision).

[quote name='AgentW']Here's a question, does anyone know the primary method gohastings has been using for shipping games? Whether it's all through the USPS, or some USPS and others UPS? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time its usps. Bigger orders UPS.

[quote name='kellte2']Received my copy of Fallout: New Vegas that has a perfectly circular scratch on the disk. is this the work of someone moving an xbox while the game is spinning. I'm leaning toward trying to get an unscratched edition, but I keep hearing about what a pain in the ass returns are with Hastings...[/QUOTE]

When one of my discs arrived scratched I emailed them and they emailed me back with a prepaid label within 40 minutes, I packed it up, shipped it out and later got my refund (granted that took awhile, but with no effort).

I haven't heard about returns being a pain in the ass, and I certainly had a good experience, just FYI.

Ended up grabbing one of the Silver Xbox 360 Play & Charge Controllers. $23.99 is not too shabby. Was gonna grab some cheap games but after tax and shipping on each title I just could not pull the trigger. Hopefully it comes in good shape.

[quote name='boogie4114']I can't get my 40% off code to apply to a game I want that is in stock.

Any tips please?[/QUOTE]I'm actually having this same problem right now trying to use another code (thanks to Muthafodder) for Burnout Paradise and Red Faction: Guerilla. I know that it isn't the "17 years or older" check box causing the issue, as nothing happens even when I remove the latter game from my cart.

It's strange, that's for sure... :whistle2:k

EDIT: It appears that it was because I had used a code already that a second one wasn't working (in other words, one code per account). After creating another account and entering the code, the discounts applied.

Placed my order: Burnout Paradise ($7.14) and Red Faction: Guerilla ($5.42) for $17.12 with shipping. I really, really hope this order arrives in better condition than my Mafia II one.

At what point do we know whether an order gets cancelled or not? I placed an order last night and, as of now, I've been charged and it's listed as "In Progress via Standard Shipping". Is it now just a matter of arriving or can it still get cancelled?

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']At what point do we know whether an order gets cancelled or not? I placed an order last night and, as of now, I've been charged and it's listed as "In Progress via Standard Shipping". Is it now just a matter of arriving or can it still get cancelled?[/QUOTE]

You'll know it wasn't cancelled when you get charged...hint:
You weren't charged.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']At what point do we know whether an order gets cancelled or not? I placed an order last night and, as of now, I've been charged and it's listed as "In Progress via Standard Shipping". Is it now just a matter of arriving or can it still get cancelled?[/QUOTE]
I may be mistaken but it still can be canceled. When it changes to "Shipped", then you are good to go.

[quote name='Muthafodder']You'll know it wasn't cancelled when you get charged...hint:
You weren't charged.
[/QUOTE]

Well unless they put some kind of temporary authorization charge on my card that's showing up on my account as a normal charge, for the same amount that the games cost, then I've been charged. I ask because there are people in this thread saying that their orders have been cancelled even after being charged.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Well unless they put some kind of temporary authorization charge on my card that's showing up on my account as a normal charge, for the same amount that the games cost, then I've been charged. I ask because there are people in this thread saying that their orders have been cancelled even after being charged.[/QUOTE]

that guy's just a dick, when it comes to anything gohastings. But yeah, gohastings places a hold on your account immediately after you make an order, in the full amount, whether theyre able to fulfill any, none or all of it.

i didnt get ANY notification. got amount on hold, 4 days later it just disappeared. you NEED TO TRY HARDER HASTINGS! we want to love you we do

I got my order of 9 games four days after placing the order. All came in great condition and I was more than happy.

[quote name='Leroy_Landers'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Code if anyone wants it the stuff I wanted is out of stock.

1UVG0FDW
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

used it for Oblivion GOTY PS3 - $13 shipped. thanks!

[quote name='Vigilante']*sigh* It looks like I wasted my code--John (CAG Gohastings rep) said the vanilla, beat-up copy of Mafia II that I received can't be replaced, so I'll have to return it for a refund. Thankfully I got a prepaid shipping label via email that I can use (so I'll come out even after the refund), but I feel pretty stupid right now...

Also, I'll say this again: I still have a 40% off code for used movies that I'm not planning to use, and I'd love to trade for another 40% off code for used games (so I can make a better decision).[/QUOTE]

Some idiot must have sold hastings a used copy of New vegas after moving their xbox around the house. This caused me to get a copy of new vegas that didn't work worth a damn, and I was in a similar situation. However, I asked for another 40% off code to re-order, and the CS Rep obliged. Why not try that?

[quote name='Taboner']What do you think are the chances that I actually get the disc-DLC Borderlands GOTY if I order it?[/QUOTE]

< 50%, but your guess is as good as mine. I do have a premonition that more voucher based copies were produced than disc-based.

First Post:)

Can't find anything I want (not to mention I have a backlog of about 30+ games anyway) so here is my code for whoever wants it:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1UVGSFXY

Enjoy!
[/FONT]

Red dead keeps jumping in price from 20 to 32. Moot point since it's out of stock. That being said, I have another code for anyone that wants to PM me.

[quote name='sgr76']FYI! Go Hastings can dig a hole and jump in it for having another sale while one is still going on.[/QUOTE]

this 40% offer had absolutely nothing to do with their regular sales schedule.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back