Good strategy games?

CorporalJackson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I'm looking to get a new pc strategy game what's good that's out I have AoE3 and BFME also RoN I like empire building and strategies like flanking and high ground tactics so is there anything out?

Dawn of War

Best there is.

Don't have time to give you a full list, just check out my collection.

Maybe Star Wars: Empire at War if you like strategy building... maybe Civilization IV too, since its all about empires and strategy.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']Jut picked up DoW gold pack has both the original and winter assault thanks Roufuss[/QUOTE]

No problem, have fun, it is the most amazing RTS to come out in recent memory, imo.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Galactic Civilizations 2 is pretty good if you're down with the whole sci-fi thing.[/QUOTE]

I just got GC2 this week, and it's a ton of fun to play. Definately for the sci-fi lovers. I'll probably pick up Civ IV at some point too... is supposed to be great.

I've read the new LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 is pretty good, in fact dramatically improved over its predecessor. The most recent PC Gamer glorified the "War of the Ring" mode. The campaign is also supposed to be pretty good but a little on the short end.

I'll also throw in that if you liked AoE3, the expansion titled "The Warchiefs" is set to release later this fall.

DoW is too repetitive, it's like mass and send to their deaths... :/

Silent Storm < turnbased WW2 RPG RTS...thing, REALLY good. Ragdolls, destructible environment (everything except the ground, can be blown to the ground.)

C&C 1 (The First Decade)

Warcraft 3 (Great.)

Empire At War ... it's alright? Mine was free.

I don't recommend DoW for more than a time waster though..it's mass and build 99% of the time.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']thanks I'v been thinking of Dawn of war for a wile now thanks[/quote]

I liked Dawn of War a lot.. the only thing about it that you might want to consider is that it is totally adrenal... you don't have time to dick around in the slightest. Always need to be on the offense, expanding and securing strategic waypoints. That was the only bummer for me is that I'm a slower player and I like to be able to look at all the buildings, slow down a bit and think about placement. In this game it seemed like I had to slap everything down as quickly as possible and I had a hard time managing all of the waypoints and base building at the same time. That said, still a kickass game though..

[quote name='DuckM4n']havent seen anyone mention Kohan II its pretty cheap now at EB[/QUOTE]

How much is it?

It's not on their website.

Thinking of picking up DoW myself, based on the fact there's less SimBase and focus on build orders, and more employment of tactics and busting of heads. Another 2 races (Tau and Necron) in the next expansion pack doesn't hurt.

bread's done
Back